(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,295 posts
  • 1,092 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 41 hours ago by Magicman
  • Topic is favorited by 557 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 326.
#7751 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Any new opinions on pro vs premium? Lookin to buy , I dont have a preference right now. Any advice, or opinions appreciated. Thx

The premium is a smooth shooter because of the drop ramp when you shoot the left orbit. It makes for a safe and repeatable loop. However, I personally don't feel the additional cost is worth it. The other differences are the Disco Ball (there is a mod), drop targets for the DEAD POOL letter shots, and action figures for the playfield.

For the Pro I would argue it is a harder game because it doesn't have the safe loop.

So if cost isn't an issue I would go with a Premium, and if it is or you want a slightly harder game I would pick a Pro.

#7752 3 years ago

The left orbit discussion made me think about the right orbit. My left orbit is against the post but my right is not. If the ball comes back down the right orbit it hits the post and usually returns to the left flipper. Hard to get pics in this area but let me know if yours is like this, mine is a LE.

6DD03DF5-D379-496E-8041-2F715795AEE7 (resized).jpeg6DD03DF5-D379-496E-8041-2F715795AEE7 (resized).jpegCF3753F9-234B-4430-BF20-6367A582AFD4 (resized).jpegCF3753F9-234B-4430-BF20-6367A582AFD4 (resized).jpeg

#7753 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Thx. How do you rank dp vs maiden? Just sold maiden prem we had

I've owned an IMDN premium and have a Deadpool LE now... I think Deadpool is great, but I think I'd give the nod to IMDN in a really really tight race.

I prefer the physical ball lock on DP to the sarcophagus lock on IMDN. DP also gets the nod with 11 drop targets, both the deadend target and snikt targets are fun tough shots, I'd call it a push between them, but once you get into the code and the challenge I prefer IMDN...

I can appreciate it's a little apples and oranges, but I find it much easier to beat the villians in DP than it is to collect any of the shards in IMDN... beating the T-Rex/Megaladon is easier than collecting the Cards in IMDN. I find Can I Play with Madness more rewarding than Mech Suit Multiball... and if I put Cyborg Multiball up against Megakrakolodonus Rex, I prefer Cyborg Multiball.

I find Clone Multi-Ball and Number of the Beast both tough to get to, but would give the nod to Number of the Beast over Clone... and I have yet to see The Final Battle and never got to Run to the Hills.

I'm not IMDN fan when it comes to the music but enjoyed it, Deadpool music is pretty killer too though... humour wise DP is the clear winner.

#7754 3 years ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

The left orbit discussion made me think about the right orbit. My left orbit is against the post but my right is not. If the ball comes back down the right orbit it hits the post and usually returns to the left flipper. Hard to get pics in this area but let me know if yours is like this, mine is a LE.
[quoted image][quoted image]

My pro is like that too. I am pretty sure that is by design.

#7755 3 years ago

Snapped some quick pictures as reference for anyone about the posts/guides. Pro model purchased on release.

I've never owned an Iron Maiden but Deadpool is my #1 game and it isn't even a contest. I love the theme, the art, the gameplay, the modes, how it shoots. It's the whole package for me.

20201122_174814 (resized).jpg20201122_174814 (resized).jpg20201122_174831 (resized).jpg20201122_174831 (resized).jpg
#7756 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

DP has made me better at IMDN. I love both but would place DP just above Maiden. The shots are more unique and callouts are great, also many different ways to attack DP with different strategies. IMDN to me feels like there is one path.
Hope that makes sense

Thx

#7757 3 years ago

Good comparisons from roar and smack and jonc. Thanks

#7758 3 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

The premium is a smooth shooter because of the drop ramp when you shoot the left orbit. It makes for a safe and repeatable loop. However, I personally don't feel the additional cost is worth it. The other differences are the Disco Ball (there is a mod), drop targets for the DEAD POOL letter shots, and action figures for the playfield.
For the Pro I would argue it is a harder game because it doesn't have the safe loop.
So if cost isn't an issue I would go with a Premium, and if it is or you want a slightly harder game I would pick a Pro.

I wouldn’t call the looping shot on the premium safe. It is if you make the shot, but that shot and the snikt shot are my most common drains on misses.

#7759 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Maiden is an awesome game. But, DP smokes it. That’s not a knock on maiden, that’s just how good DP is.

#7760 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Maiden is an awesome game. But, DP smokes it. That’s not a knock on maiden, that’s just how good DP is.

I love your enthusiasm for Deadpool, it's contagious... but weren't you about to sell it because they changed a song to one you didn't like?

#7761 3 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I love your enthusiasm for Deadpool, it's contagious... but weren't you about to sell it because they changed a song to one you didn't like?

Yeap! Totally bummed me out. Tanio pulled through for us though in 1.05 and all is good in the world again.

#7762 3 years ago

Good info. Keep em coming.

#7763 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Which is a testament to the work Tanio did on the software over time, because Deadpool had a VERY rough start. It's one of Stern's very best now. Can't wait to see what Tanio codes next.

#7764 3 years ago

The shaker motor in my DP pro is squeaky near the end of each rumble session. I know it’s not a DP specific problem, but is there anything I can do to remedy it?

Some grease on the weights or something?

#7765 3 years ago

Really love the new translite many thanks to Pinstein

20201121_224535 (resized).jpg20201121_224535 (resized).jpg
#7766 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

DP has made me better at IMDN. I love both but would place DP just above Maiden. The shots are more unique and callouts are great, also many different ways to attack DP with different strategies. IMDN to me feels like there is one path.
Hope that makes sense

Talking of collections, interesting to see you own tmnt which I really enjoy as well. Totally different beast and that you own JP2 which I would like someday and that you sold AIQ, one which I’m wondering doesn’t have that humour and fun that DP does. Curious to know your thoughts. Sorry for getting off the subject of DP.

#7767 3 years ago

if anyone near the PNW area is looking for a change, i'll be happy to pickup a DP

#7768 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Check for loose connections first.
Then, if that doesn't fix it, try making a brand new SD card using the instructions on Stern's site in the support area. Try that. Your crappy Stern SD card may be taking a dump.
If that doesn't fix it, probably a node board. You can diagnose this by swapping node 8 and 9 (and changing the dip switches to tell the boards they've been swapped).

PinMonk StoneyFL Eskaybee - Thank you all...
I went though and just made sure connections were solid, and while I didn’t find anything obvious... my blinking lights issue seems to be fixed.
Guess I was just focused on the software upgrade (which was apparently just a huge coincidence) and I should have taken the few extra minutes to just check connections.
Thanks again!

#7769 3 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

[EDIT : ok, replying the previous page..] on attract, press both flipper buttons and it the new menu that will appear you can choose with the flipper buttons and validate with lock button
In DJ mixer, you can change the playlist with lockbar button and change the music with flipper buttons.
Exit the mode with start [/need more coffee]
STERN HEAR ME, PLEASE ADD A COOPERATIVE MODE LIKE TURTLE.
sorry for shouting, but that would be great to have the possibility to go further in the game with all the family

Ok, so I select a “ playlist with the action button, and then what? I know you can scroll through different Songs within a playlist, but how do you select the songs you want?
When I press start, the game just plays as usual...?! I’m confused, ciuld someone please explain this in better detail!

#7770 3 years ago
Quoted from tominator:

Ok, so I select a “ playlist with the action button, and then what? I know you can scroll through different Songs within a playlist, but how do you select the songs you want?
When I press start, the game just plays as usual...?! I’m confused, ciuld someone please explain this in better detail!

Deadflip explains.

#7771 3 years ago
Quoted from tominator:

It's just a jukebox. It has nothing to do with actual gameplay.

#7772 3 years ago

Love the new code update! Such a fun machine to play. Favorite game to date.

#7773 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Or do I just add 2 new holes?
they will be hidden by plastics and likely nobody would ever know, unless they read this.
[quoted image]

I was looking at the guide again today, noticed the dimples where they should have placed screws, Stern is silent and I cant go much longer not playing. Im thinking over the long weekend I will resolve this one way or another.
I cant think of a good way to slot the holes with it on the machine, also thinking the slots have a chance for it to move eventually and damage PF.

Back to drilling 2 new holes I guess.

I doubt I ever sell it anyway.

#7774 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

I was looking at the guide again today, noticed the dimples where they should have placed screws, Stern is silent and I cant go much longer not playing. Im thinking over the long weekend I will resolve this one way or another.
I cant think of a good way to slot the holes with it on the machine, also thinking the slots have a chance for it to move eventually and damage PF.
Back to drilling 2 new holes I guess.
I doubt I ever sell it anyway.

Disclaimer- its your game, not mine. Now I would try to fix that by slightly elongating the "lower" hole on that ball guide. A dremel could get this done. Remove the ball guide, try a tip like this:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Dremel-Rotary-Tool-Diamond-Wheel-Point-Set-for-Wood-Jade-Ceramic-Glass-Hardened-Steel-and-Semi-Precious-Stones-2-Pack-7150/203362662

You don't have to go very far to get flush with that post. It will make a huge difference in playability. Best of luck buddy. An issue here and there happens. I had it on a new in box, but still find stuff on games that have been through multiple owners.

#7775 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Now I would try to fix that by slightly elongating the "lower" hole on that ball guide. A dremel could get this done.

Exactly what I would do.

#7776 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Disclaimer- its your game, not mine. Now I would try to fix that by slightly elongating the "lower" hole on that ball guide. A dremel could get this done. Remove the ball guide, try a tip like this:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Dremel-Rotary-Tool-Diamond-Wheel-Point-Set-for-Wood-Jade-Ceramic-Glass-Hardened-Steel-and-Semi-Precious-Stones-2-Pack-7150/203362662
You don't have to go very far to get flush with that post. It will make a huge difference in playability. Best of luck buddy. An issue here and there happens. I had it on a new in box, but still find stuff on games that have been through multiple owners.

I have some small burrs for my dremel thats a good idea completely forgot about it.

#7777 3 years ago

This game just gets better and better - new code is amazing and I really appreciate that Stern listened to feedback and immediately pushed out another incremental code release for things like choosing the disco multiball music.

You can just feel the love that's been poured into making this machine, there's so many little surprises and details, it shoots great, the layout is a bit different, the soundtrack and callouts are superb and the art by ZY is simply stunning. Awesome.

#7778 3 years ago

I have DP hooked up to my subwoofer and sounds fantastic

#7779 3 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I have DP hooked up to my subwoofer and sounds fantastic

I couldn't believe how much of a difference adding a powered sub made to the game

#7780 3 years ago

Just played a 5 ball Mech Suit. I don't recall this being a thing on previous code. Basically, I had a ball locked for Ninja Multiball and it was never released. Even after hitting a katana shot, it simply released the ball that was locked and kept one in the katana. I've played this game way too many times to have missed this every time, right?

#7781 3 years ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

[quoted image][quoted image]

The right orbit on my premium is the same and I think it's normal.

Rob

#7782 3 years ago

So I decided to fully clean my play field with novus 2 last night as it’s been about 1000games since I cleaned it last. I also cleaned the pinballs by dumping them in some isopropyl alcohol. Further, I decided to put a little lithium grease on the spinners so they spin more than 5 times after ripping a shot through them.

Holy man does this thing fly now! It’s almost like a new game! I feel like this is the Deadpool magic that everyone has been raving about. I always thought the machine was fun, but wasn’t overwhelmed with joy about it.

I’m sure some will take issue with greasing those spinners, but I don’t care, it feels and sounds great having those things fly like I imagined they should.

Only issue now is that I get more rejects from the hell house scoop, as the shots are hitting it quite fast, as well, the eject power from the scoop bounces clear off the right flipper and starts hitting side targets and slings. Those can be easily adjusted though.

#7783 3 years ago

I oil the spinners with a fishing reel oil pen on all my games. They just plain play better. It's maintenance.

#7784 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

So I decided to fully clean my play field with novus 2 last night as it’s been about 1000games since I cleaned it last. I also cleaned the pinballs by dumping them in some isopropyl alcohol. Further, I decided to put a little lithium grease on the spinners so they spin more than 5 times after ripping a shot through them.
Holy man does this thing fly now! It’s almost like a new game! I feel like this is the Deadpool magic that everyone has been raving about. I always thought the machine was fun, but wasn’t overwhelmed with joy about it.
I’m sure some will take issue with greasing those spinners, but I don’t care, it feels and sounds great having those things fly like I imagined they should.
Only issue now is that I get more rejects from the hell house scoop, as the shots are hitting it quite fast, as well, the eject power from the scoop bounces clear off the right flipper and starts hitting side targets and slings. Those can be easily adjusted though.

Careful with that Novus 2, it is pretty abrasive so you don't want to be using it all the time. I find on a new clear-coated playfield that Novus 1 works well for cleaning and is harmless. Novus 2 can be used for spots where Novus 1 isn't taking the dirt off, but tread lightly.

I also like to add a drop of sewing machine oil to where the spinners contact the brackets. This is a metal-on-metal contact point so a very small dusting with oil is fine.

#7785 3 years ago

Hey everyone,

Laseriffic is having a Black Friday sale on toppers. I just bought the Deadpool topper with 25% discount code: BLKFRIDAY. For some reason, they show BLACKFRIDAY on the promo ad, but that didn't work for me.

#7786 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Careful with that Novus 2, it is pretty abrasive so you don't want to be using it all the time. I find on a new clear-coated playfield that Novus 1 works well for cleaning and is harmless. Novus 2 can be used for spots where Novus 1 isn't taking the dirt off, but tread lightly.
I also like to add a drop of sewing machine oil to where the spinners contact the brackets. This is a metal-on-metal contact point so a very small dusting with oil is fine.

I did notice some micro scratches in the clear after I did some areas. I was using the novus 2 very sparingly, but will stick with novus 1 if that works just as well.

Thanks for the tip.

#7787 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

I did notice some micro scratches in the clear after I did some areas. I was using the novus 2 very sparingly, but will stick with novus 1 if that works just as well.
Thanks for the tip.

I used novus2 on a buffer wheel on my drill to take out the "haze" on my sons car headlight covers. That's how abrasive it is. I would only use it on an older mylar covered playfield or one with a lot of clearcoat as so one wouldn't damage anything.

#7788 3 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Just played a 5 ball Mech Suit. I don't recall this being a thing on previous code. Basically, I had a ball locked for Ninja Multiball and it was never released. Even after hitting a katana shot, it simply released the ball that was locked and kept one in the katana. I've played this game way too many times to have missed this every time, right?

Anyone? I just did this again on my way to MegaKrak. Seems incorrect.

#7789 3 years ago

Here’s what JJP recommends for cleaning their play fields. Wizards mist n shine. I’ve been using it for years and really does a great job.

https://www.amazon.com/Wizards-Detailing-Showroom-Chemicals-Mist-N-Shine/dp/B002U729UA/ref=mp_s_a_1_3

#7790 3 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Anyone? I just did this again on my way to MegaKrak. Seems incorrect.

I thought it was a bug in the old code where you get add a ball then hit katana ramp (when balls are locked on it) and the game gets confused and releases too many. Maybe it’s intentional? Or maybe still a bug? I don’t know though, haven’t seen it in awhile or tried in the new code yet.

#7791 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Here’s what JJP recommends for cleaning their play fields. Wizards mist n shine. I’ve been using it for years and really does a great job.
amazon.com link »

I use the Mist & Shine in between waxes. Works great. I still use Novus 2 every 500-700 plays for a deep cleaning.

#7792 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I currently have both in my line up. Each game presents different shots and ideas. Personally it’s a matter of mood on which game is better. My IM premium is my GO-TO game. I just love it even tho I’m not a maiden fan at all. I think the shots and lay out are amazing. DP is more “fun” and silly with some cool shots as well. But definitely get a premium. Missing too much on the pro.

#7793 3 years ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

I currently have both in my line up. Each game presents different shots and ideas. Personally it’s a matter of mood on which game is better. My IM premium is my GO-TO game. I just love it even tho I’m not a maiden fan at all. I think the shots and lay out are amazing. DP is more “fun” and silly with some cool shots as well. But definitely get a premium. Missing too much on the pro.

I also have both of these and I find they complement each other really well.

#7794 3 years ago

Hey All!
Ordered my very first new pin from TNT last week, a Deadpool Pro.
Super excited to get a machine NIB. Unfortunately I won’t be posting any pic until Christmas Day. I get it next week, and I’m immediately taking it to the basement and wrapping it up, with a note that says ‘Do not open until X MAS’ (with a circle around the X for a hint). I was between an IM pro, Deadpool pro and Munsters Premium, and I really feel like I made the right choice for my first new pin. Cheers!

#7795 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Turn down the power on the scoop and slings

#7796 3 years ago

Congrats on DP.. DP is on my wish list but I don't think Santa is bringing me one. Lol.. Enjoy

#7797 3 years ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Hey All!
Ordered my very first new pin from TNT last week, a Deadpool Pro.
Super excited to get a machine NIB. Unfortunately I won’t be posting any pic until Christmas Day. I get it next week, and I’m immediately taking it to the basement and wrapping it up, with a note that says ‘Do not open until X MAS’ (with a circle around the X for a hint). I was between an IM pro, Deadpool pro and Munsters Premium, and I really feel like I made the right choice for my first new pin. Cheers!

Definitely a great decision i miss my Munsters prem but DP blows it away

#7798 3 years ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

Congrats on DP.. DP is on my wish list but I don't think Santa is bringing me one. Lol.. Enjoy

Thank you! Been saving my pennies and sold my High Speed and PinBot to fund the purchase. I will miss those machines, but I think it was the right decision.

#7799 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

amazon.com link »

Wonder how this would work on the cabinet?

#7800 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Definitely a great decision i miss my Munsters prem but DP blows it away

I had to call Todd last minute when I changed my mind. He was kind enough to make it happen, even though the Munsters was already processed and ready to ship. I just felt like DP was a better fit for my collection, and even though I adore the Munsters (TV show and the pin) I was concerned that it would be a little too repetitive in my small collection.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ormond Beach, FL
$ 64.99
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/156 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.