(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,295 posts
  • 1,092 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 hours ago by Magicman
  • Topic is favorited by 557 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 155 of 326.
#7701 3 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Best place to buy flipper link assys and coil stops in the US?
Anyplace w shipping significantly cheaper than Marco?
Who makes the stronger aftermarket stops?

For my money:

Pinball Life
Pinball Life
Pinball Life

#7703 3 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Best place to buy flipper link assys and coil stops in the US?
Anyplace w shipping significantly cheaper than Marco?
Who makes the stronger aftermarket stops?

PinballLife.com is what you want.

Coil Stops:
https://www.pinballlife.com/flipper-coil-stop-for-sternsega.html

#7704 3 years ago
Quoted from thc666:

details on install please..did u tap into wiring in head or still on batteries?mounting did u use velcro?
thx thc

Still on batteries although I plan to try to tap into wiring. It was mostly a test to see how well it held to the backbox. It holds extremely well with 2 circles of industrial grade Velcro. Even taking it off the Velcro can be a challenge.

#7705 3 years ago

I put pinball life ones in mine and it stopped any issues with the stops.

#7706 3 years ago

Did they remove the "DeadPool is the greatest" hi-res graphics and callout? I know it's a little on the long side, but I do like when it pops up from time to time. I think early on in the code it came up often since I saw it a lot and my playing certainly wasn't better then, but then thought I read that in a code update they reduced the amount of times it comes up (which was consistent with what I was seeing), but I now haven't seen it in awhile. Not sure if I am not playing enough, or well enough, but wanted to ask if anyone running 1.04 or 1.05 code has seen it? Thanks.

#7707 3 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

Did they remove the "DeadPool is the greatest" hi-res graphics and callout? I know it's a little on the long side, but I do like when it pops up from time to time. I think early on in the code it came up often since I saw it a lot and my playing certainly wasn't better then, but then thought I read that in a code update they reduced the amount of times it comes up (which was consistent with what I was seeing), but I now haven't seen it in awhile. Not sure if I am not playing enough, or well enough, but wanted to ask if anyone running 1.04 or 1.05 code has seen it? Thanks.

Yes I have seen it.

#7708 3 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

Yes I def have. To me almost more than before. With the differing reports about different callouts I wonder how random some of these callouts are....

#7709 3 years ago

18 months after buying the game and putting over 4000 plays on it, i still here call outs i haven't heard before now and then. Always makes me smile.

#7710 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

18 months after buying the game and putting over 4000 plays on it, i still here call outs i haven't heard before now and then. Always makes me smile.

Agreed. I heard a new one the other day in Disco Multiball. My favorite though remains when Lil Deadpool says "Now you have both your balls." Have heard it many times, but always makes me smile. I also like when Deadpool in the TRex Quest mode says "How do I get the DNA, is it gross," although perhaps that's just my dirty mind.

#7711 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Quoted from nicknack66:

Agreed. I heard a new one the other day in Disco Multiball. My favorite though remains when Lil Deadpool says "Now you have both your balls." Have heard it many times, but always makes me smile. I also like when Deadpool in the TRex Quest mode says "How do I get the DNA, is it gross," although perhaps that's just my dirty mind.

Haha yes! The sounds package in this game is one of a kind and amazing. Even the custom tailored music, “I got 6 balls for you baby”.

#7712 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Haha yes! The sounds package in this game is one of a kind and amazing. Even the custom tailored music, “I got 6 balls for you baby”.

That one kills me.
A new instant Barry White classic!

#7713 3 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Anyone ever get an issue before where a lot of the inserts will briefly blink every time you hit a flipper button? I searched the thread and couldn't find anything, but then "blinking" and "flipper" aren't the most useful search terms. Of course I assume a connection is slightly loose somewhere, but just checking if anyone has had this before and has any specific knowledge of the problem.

The board next to the left flipper assembly is usually where you will find the problem.

#7714 3 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

The board next to the left flipper assembly is usually where you will find the problem.

Yeah I can't remember which node board, but whichever ones those lights run to, reseat connectors. I had the same issue and this fixed it. Haven't had a problem since and that was well over a year ago.

#7715 3 years ago

After months of lurking and reading here finally joined the club! Thanks Alamo_Pin great game. Lots of mods already ordered lol. I have a disease

20201120_182214 (resized).jpg20201120_182214 (resized).jpg
#7716 3 years ago

Hi - I just upgraded to v1.05 code and now every couple games the playfield lights just start randomly blinking or staying on. Example - before launching the ball, instead of a single lane lit at the top for skill shot, 2 or 3 are lit or blinking... sometimes all. Doesn’t happen every game single game, but at least 1 out of 3 games.
What I’ve tried so far is completing the full upgrade, then after experiencing the issue, I tried a quick upgrade. No luck.
Annoying.
Anyone else experience this after the upgrade or have ideas? Appreciate the help.
P.s. I saw a prior post about inserts blinking briefly when hitting flipper buttons... but mine are not triggered by flippers... they just randomly blink, etc.

#7717 3 years ago
Quoted from DavisAZ:

Hi - I just upgraded to v1.05 code and now every couple games the playfield lights just start randomly blinking or staying on. Example - before launching the ball, instead of a single lane lit at the top for skill shot, 2 or 3 are lit or blinking... sometimes all. Doesn’t happen every game single game, but at least 1 out of 3 games.
What I’ve tried so far is completing the full upgrade, then after experiencing the issue, I tried a quick upgrade. No luck.
Annoying.
Anyone else experience this after the upgrade or have ideas? Appreciate the help.
P.s. I saw a prior post about inserts blinking briefly when hitting flipper buttons... but mine are not triggered by flippers... they just randomly blink, etc.

Check for loose connections first.

Then, if that doesn't fix it, try making a brand new SD card using the instructions on Stern's site in the support area. Try that. Your crappy Stern SD card may be taking a dump.

If that doesn't fix it, probably a node board. You can diagnose this by swapping node 8 and 9 (and changing the dip switches to tell the boards they've been swapped).

#7718 3 years ago
Quoted from DavisAZ:

I experienced the exact same issue about a year ago. I suppose it could be a bad lamp board or serial lamp cable (I suspect the code update is merely a coincidence), but in my case it turned out to just be a loose connection—perhaps caused by the shaker motor or my slightly aggressive "english"

Lamp board data is passed from the node board to the lamp board, so what I did is start by wiggling the lamp cable connections from the node board to the first lamp board, and that made the lamps malfunction. I then followed the serial lamp chain up to the 8C lamp board. Reseating everything solved the problem, and it's never come back.

#7719 3 years ago
Quoted from DavisAZ:

Annoying.

I’ve seen intermittent light flickering on spike 2 games. It seems like a common theme in this thread to be honest. Reseating connectors to the light boards seems to do the trick.

#7720 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I’ve seen intermittent light flickering on spike 2 games. It seems like a common theme in this thread to be honest. Reseating connectors to the light boards seems to do the trick.

As an aside, I was posting earlier this week about an issue with my Extra Ball light on Node 9B. Reseatting would fix this temporarily so I contacted Stern cause I thought I needed a new cable between 9A and 9B.

There must have been a recent issue with boards because they are sending me a Node 9B replacement free of charge. That was their initial reply in response to explaining what I was seeing in my game.

My game was produced Feb 2020 for reference. I think Feb 13. Perhaps some of these other light issues are related.

#7721 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Totally agree! One of my favorites that still cracks me up every time I hear it is when I shake the machine it a little and it says "Yeah, keep shaking the machine, there's candy in there. Idiot!" or something along those lines. CLASSIC and soooo Deadpool!

#7722 3 years ago

Just finished doing flipper coil temp testing for Deadpool and got a surprising result. I was expecting peak temps somewhere in the 140s because Deadpool has never felt fade-y to me, but the left flipper maxed out my gauge at 157 degrees. The right flipper never got above 129F in an hour of play.

Why is this weird? Because it didn't feel like Deadpool flippers were fading. MAYBE the backhand of the left ramp after about 40 minutes, but even then it didn't feel like obvious fade, even when I was looking right at the temp gauge wondering why the flipper didn't feel as mushy as it should at 157F. There might be a clue developing here, though. So far, the ONLY TWO Spike games with a very hot coil are using a 090-5020-20-ND for the coil that's getting very hot. On Stranger Things, it's the right coil, on Deadpool it's the left. The OTHER coil in both cases is a 090-5032-ND, which doesn't get all that hot. So, interesting bits coming out of the testing. Soon, I want to add coil resistance tests at the beginning of testing and at the end to see how much resistance has changed during the test. It's on the to-do list.

Here's the updated chart, with Spooky tests added now. The Spooky kit should be out late next week.

Coil-Temp-Rankings_Jan_2021 (resized).jpgCoil-Temp-Rankings_Jan_2021 (resized).jpg
#7723 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Just finished doing flipper coil temp testing for Deadpool and got a surprising result. I was expecting peak temps somewhere in the 140s because Deadpool has never felt fade-y to me, but the left flipper maxed out my gauge at 157 degrees. The right flipper never got above 129F in an hour of play.
Why is this weird? Because it didn't feel like Deadpool flippers were fading. MAYBE the backhand of the left ramp after about 40 minutes, but even then it didn't feel like obvious fade, even when I was looking right the temp gauge wondering why the flipper didn't feel as mushy as it should at 157F. There might be a clue developing here, though. So far, the ONLY TWO Spike games with a very hot coil are using a 090-5020-20-ND for the coil that's getting very hot. On Stranger Things, it's the right coil, on Deadpool it's the left. The OTHER coil in both cases is a 090-5032-ND, which doesn't get all that hot. So, interesting bits coming out of the testing. Soon, I want to add coil resistance tests at the beginning of testing and at the end to see how much resistance has changed during the test. It's on the to-do list.
Here's the updated chart, with Spooky tests added now. The Spooky kit should be out late next week.
[quoted image]

Very interesting, thanks for posting. I’ve never noticed any flipper fade on this game but next time I play it a bunch I’ll be sure to see if I can tell. As an aside, have you ever tested the king of flipper fade LOTR?

#7724 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Very interesting, thanks for posting. I’ve never noticed any flipper fade on this game but next time I play it a bunch I’ll be sure to see if I can tell. As an aside, have you ever tested the king of flipper fade LOTR?

This whole testing thing started with Stranger Things because the fade is pretty fast and so pronounced. So I kind of fell into testing coil temps and making solutions from there. My immediate goal is to finish up all the Spike2 and Spooky so people considering buying my Flipper cooling kits will have a guide for whatever particular machine they're considering putting it on (some, like Star Wars are confirmed not to get any benefit because its coils stay pretty cool). Then I'll do JJP and then work backwards through the older machines, probably spot checking ones with known fade like LotR, the king of modern era fade.

#7725 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This whole testing thing started with Stranger Things because the fade is pretty fast and so pronounced. So I kind of fell into testing coil temps and making solutions from there. My immediate goal is to finish up all the Spike2 and Spooky so people considering buying my Flipper cooling kits will have a guide for whatever particular machine they're considering putting it on (some, like Star Wars are confirmed not to get any benefit because its coils stay pretty cool). Then I'll do JJP and then work backwards through the older machines, probably spot checking ones with known fade like LotR, the king of modern era fade.

Cool. I think this is a fantastic idea. I’m not a mod guy unless they enhance the gameplay, address shortcomings, or help solve design issues which is clearly your focus so ...cheers! There’s nothing more frustrating than having a good game and having to deal with weak mushy flippers. I’m sure I’ll be ordering soon.

#7726 3 years ago

My Deadpool Pro ball feed from right orbit shot exiting left orbit is a center drain 95% of the time if i don't nudge. Is this normal for most or should I adjust outer metal guide of left orbit.

#7727 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

My Deadpool Pro ball feed from right orbit shot exiting left orbit is a center drain 95% of the time if i don't nudge. Is this normal for most or should I adjust outer metal guide of left orbit.

That is not normal in my experience. What is the pitch of your game? I have mine at 7 degrees.

If I hit the right orbit fast and clean enough it will exit on the left and just barley miss the top portion of the sling. Otherwise I'd say most exits hit the sling unless I nudge it.

#7728 3 years ago

Should hit your left flipper no problem. Maybe you got a big lean to the right?

#7729 3 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

That is not normal in my experience. What is the pitch of your game? I have mine at 7 degrees.
If I hit the right orbit fast and clean enough it will exit on the left and just barley miss the top portion of the sling. Otherwise I'd say most exits hit the sling unless I nudge it.

The right or left sling. My inclinometer grew legs apparently but according to a phone app I'm at 6.8. ill crank it up a bit.

#7730 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

The right or left sling. My inclinometer grew legs apparently but according to a phone app I'm at 6.8. ill crank it up a bit.

The left sling. The ball will come out of the left orbit and graze the left sling (or just barely miss it).

#7731 3 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

The left sling. The ball will come out of the left orbit and graze the left sling (or just barely miss it).

Thanks, I'm at 7.2 now according to phone and now it hits left tip of left flipper. I'll go up a bit more. Unfortunately for me my games are in my carpeted living room so I need to remember to check the level regularly.

I remeber Gomez saying in the reveal to WD40 the ramps. does anyone actually do that

#7732 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Thanks, I'm at 7.2 now according to phone and now it hits left tip of left flipper. I'll go up a bit more. Unfortunately for me my games are in my carpeted living room so I need to remember to check the level regularly.
I remeber Gomez saying in the reveal to WD40 the ramps. does anyone actually do that

That still seems off. You should be hitting more of the flipper than that.

What happens when you hold the left flipper and full plunge? SDTM? You might wanna check your ball guide on that left orbit as you initially mentioned.

#7733 3 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

That still seems off. You should be hitting more of the flipper than that.
What happens when you hold the left flipper and full plunge? SDTM? You might wanna check your ball guide on that left orbit as you initially mentioned.

left flipper in full plunge holding flipper ball lands from 1/4 to 1/2" from end of flipper with flipper held up.

if I drop flipper its at the tip or STDM

its 100% dead on level side to side. ill bring home a good inclinometer tomorrow and verify pitch

16060713702594688857005270718492 (resized).jpg16060713702594688857005270718492 (resized).jpg
#7734 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

7.2 seems a little high to me. I'm around 6.8 to 7.0 depending on where I measure.

Right orbit feeds my left flipper - sometimes can get multiple right orbit loops going... 6 in a row is my record.

I wouldn't WD-40 the ramps. Wouldn't want oil residue on the playfield. Clean and use whatever wax or wax like protectant you like.

#7735 3 years ago

JonCBrand that ball guide under dazzler is not nearly as tight to the post sleeve as it is on mine.

Apologies for the glare but you can see how tight that is to the post. I also need to clean that post!

IMG_20201122_113105 (resized).jpgIMG_20201122_113105 (resized).jpg
#7736 3 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

JonCBrand that ball guide under dazzler is not nearly as tight to the post sleeve as it is on mine.
Apologies for the glare but you can see how tight that is to the post. I also need to clean that post!
[quoted image]

wow thats a huge difference

I'd like to see one more for comparison but I'm thinking I need adjust or slot that ball guide.

#7737 3 years ago

no judgment on the assembler but my thoughts are the guide rail was screwed in wrong spot. I think the right way to fix is to slot the guide.

That guide is long so I'm going to attempt it while in the game...

On the positive it will help my left orbit/dazzler shots too

20201122_141049 (resized).jpg20201122_141049 (resized).jpg20201122_141059 (resized).jpg20201122_141059 (resized).jpg

#7738 3 years ago

Or do I just add 2 new holes?
they will be hidden by plastics and likely nobody would ever know, unless they read this.

16060764148187434997173403713491 (resized).jpg16060764148187434997173403713491 (resized).jpg
#7739 3 years ago

My guide is up close to the post.

9426DA24-7604-4CF3-A00D-D572F8AE71F7 (resized).jpeg9426DA24-7604-4CF3-A00D-D572F8AE71F7 (resized).jpeg
#7740 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Or do I just add 2 new holes?
they will be hidden by plastics and likely nobody would ever know, unless they read this.
[quoted image]

Checked mine. I’m hard against the post too. I no easy solution. I guess I would just drill 2 new holes. But I would reach out to the distro. I would be demanding some HD glass for that shit. That’s not right.

#7741 3 years ago

Im not going to drill any holes right now. Sent an email to my distributor and to stern.

#7742 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Im not going to drill any holes right now. Sent an email to my distributor and to stern.

Smart move. How old is the machine?

#7743 3 years ago

Any new opinions on pro vs premium? Lookin to buy , I dont have a preference right now. Any advice, or opinions appreciated. Thx

#7744 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Smart move. How old is the machine?

August 2020 build, bought NIB Oct 22nd

#7745 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Any new opinions on pro vs premium? Lookin to buy , I dont have a preference right now. Any advice, or opinions appreciated. Thx

Aside from the guide issue on mine, I aboslutely love my pro, I have not had a chance to play a premium.
If I had to sell all but 1 of my games I would keep my Deadpool.

#7746 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

My guide is up close to the post.
[quoted image]

Is that stainless that wraps the post at bottom of your left orbit guide stock or was that a mod?
I dont see it in the parts breakdown.

#7747 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Is that stainless that wraps the post at bottom of your left orbit guide stock or was that a mod?

I think it's just a clear post sleeve instead of the stock red.

#7748 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Aside from the guide issue on mine, I aboslutely love my pro, I have not had a chance to play a premium.
If I had to sell all but 1 of my games I would keep my Deadpool.

Thx. How do you rank dp vs maiden? Just sold maiden prem we had

#7749 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Quoted from beergut666:

I think it's just a clear post sleeve instead of the stock red.

Yeah, just a clear post sleeve.

#7750 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Thx. How do you rank dp vs maiden? Just sold maiden prem we had

DP has made me better at IMDN. I love both but would place DP just above Maiden. The shots are more unique and callouts are great, also many different ways to attack DP with different strategies. IMDN to me feels like there is one path.

Hope that makes sense

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 25.95
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 155 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/155?hl=beegeemtl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.