(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,265 posts
  • 1,090 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by BurntBiscuit
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg
dp16 (resized).jpg
IMG_2260 (resized).jpg
IMG_2259 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,265 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 326.
#7351 3 years ago

I've played 4-5000 games on my deadpool and it's still coming out with callouts that crack me up and i've never heard before now and then.

#7352 3 years ago
Quoted from mslow:

It’s my favorite game!! I would never sell it.
Buy it !!

Quoted from hawkfanz:

Wow! Looking at your collection, that really says a lot if it’s your favorite game!

Add me to that list... many of my friends know that my DPLE would be the last pin to leave my collection.

#7353 3 years ago

I took a look through the thread but can't seem to find any guidance on Deadpool flipper alignment, should the hole be at the top, bottom or tip of the flipper for Deadpool? What was factory set at?

Also on the right outlane, mines set to open, I assume the middle setting was factory?

#7354 3 years ago
Quoted from Junglist:

I took a look through the thread but can't seem to find any guidance on Deadpool flipper alignment, should the hole be at the top, bottom or tip of the flipper for Deadpool? What was factory set at?
Also on the right outlane, mines set to open, I assume the middle setting was factory?

to me, I'm oldschool (get off my lawn)
all flippers should be parallel to the inline path of the ball.
i.e. the ball should flow smoothly from the inline plastic to the flipper....

if the ball "bumps" on its transition from the inlane to the flipper, something isn't right.

Typically, its been said that you stick a toothpick in the hole and
back of the flipper (w rubber on) rests against the toothpick
BUT
don't let that "guide" override the judgement of parallel...

That all being said, it's your machine, do your thing
(For example my NIB AC//DC vault pro came w the flippers slightly misaligned)
HTF does that happen?

and for months I was too lazy to change it...
where as my used DP came w the flippers too low.
I changed that quick.

Hope this ramble helps

#7355 3 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

if the ball "bumps" on its transition from the inlane to the flipper, something isn't right.
BUT
HTF does that happen?
I changed that quick.
Hope this ramble helps

It happens by designing/testing of the games. They are drooped for a reason, to make certain shots. Yes in the old days a tooth pick and rest it on it to adjust. But newer sterns are at the tip of the flipper and no toothpick is used. But as with jp2, dp and others the bottom flippers are drooped slightly off to make shots.

#7356 3 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

It happens by designing/testing of the games. They are drooped for a reason, to make certain shots. Yes in the old days a tooth pick and rest it on it to adjust. But newer sterns are at the tip of the flipper and no toothpick is used. But as with jp2, dp and others the bottom flippers are drooped slightly off to make shots.

Im not sure I buy into that, unless someone can substantiate it.

#7357 3 years ago

Align the tip of the flipper with the hole (centered). I also was "old skool" and aligned with the inlane ball guides, but this and a few other games do not shoot correctly done this way. I've learned to let go of that silly notion and have used the holes aligned with the tip more often than not. At the end of the day, you set it up how you want. If you like it more with the flippers aligned with the inlanes, then just be aware that some of the wider shots might come off differently or aren't as makeable.

#7358 3 years ago

Hi DP Owners! Have been enjoying our Pro for almost 2 years now. Have seen a few questions here about where to find toys for the game. Just refreshed with a few toys. Marvel Legends 6-inch series all available on Amazon. Used small zip ties to tie down and small double sided tape. They stay in place fine even when pulling up playfield. Always fun to spice up games after awhile!

DP-pic (resized).jpgDP-pic (resized).jpgDP-pic 2 (resized).jpgDP-pic 2 (resized).jpgDP-pic 3 (resized).jpgDP-pic 3 (resized).jpgDP-pic 4 (resized).jpgDP-pic 4 (resized).jpg
#7359 3 years ago

Also...a small but noticeable and free upgrade of apron cards, with many options available for DP (and other games!), at link below thanks to Coindropper

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only

#7360 3 years ago

Cool thanks for the flipper tips...

Next question, the Snikt shot and the Katana lock, I assume these are supposed to be challenging shots and not something to do from a cradle typically. I find my DP plays these shots best off a moving ball which may be why some people are recommending 7 degree pitch as this would give it even more momentum?

#7361 3 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

BUT
HTF does that happen?
I changed that quick.
Hope this ramble helps

I am having this issue with my NIB TMNT. The ball bumps when it rolls from inlane to left flipper. It really bugs me! Can you explain how to adjust the flipper to be level? What is this toothpick method?

#7362 3 years ago
Quoted from Junglist:

Next question, the Snikt shot and the Katana lock, I assume these are supposed to be challenging shots and not something to do from a cradle typically. I find my DP plays these shots best off a moving ball which may be why some people are recommending 7 degree pitch as this would give it even more momentum?

SNIKT tough to hit from cradle but katana makeable. Agree easier if ball is moving...however I hit these just fine at 6.5 pitch.Make sure you are level left to right as well as this can throw off these shots.

#7363 3 years ago
Quoted from Junglist:

Gomez instructed that the game was designed for a 7 degree pitch, so that's what I'm set at. I'm actually a bit higher around 7.2 or so as I prefer it faster. But 7 should be minimum IMO as 6.5 didn't feel right with all the shots.

#7364 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

SNIKT tough to hit from cradle but katana makeable. Agree easier if ball is moving...however I hit these just fine at 6.5 pitch.Make sure you are level left to right as well as this can throw off these shots.

Agreed. I can hit the Katana lock on a cradled or slow moving ball. But the SNIKT shot needs more momentum. Too much momentum coming down that in-lane, however, and I will probably miss that shot.

I find that the majority of my SNIKT hits don't even make it up the ramp all the way. They go up half-way then roll down. I checked side-to-side level and seems good there and the angle of the target seems spot on as most balls that reflect off it start towards/up the ramp. I have the pitch set at about 6.8. Now I did replace the standup bracket with the anti-sway one and used some insulated tape that I had leftover from another project. I cut the tape down so it matched the same thickness as what was on the Stern bracket but maybe that is where my issue is. Before I delve into making additional adjustments, though, is this the same experience that others are having...that more often than not, the ball only makes it partially up the ramp after a SNIKT hit then rolls down?

#7365 3 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

Agreed. I can hit the Katana lock on a cradled or slow moving ball. But the SNIKT shot needs more momentum. Too much momentum coming down that in-lane, however, and I will probably miss that shot.
I find that the majority of my SNIKT hits don't even make it up the ramp all the way. They go up half-way then roll down. I checked side-to-side level and seems good there and the angle of the target seems spot on as most balls that reflect off it start towards/up the ramp. I have the pitch set at about 6.8. Now I did replace the standup bracket with the anti-sway one and used some insulated tape that I had leftover from another project. I cut the tape down so it matched the same thickness as what was on the Stern bracket but maybe that is where my issue is. Before I delve into making additional adjustments, though, is this the same experience that others are having...that more often than not, the ball only makes it partially up the ramp after a SNIKT hit then rolls down?

Yup that sounds about right for my game as well.

#7366 3 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

BUT
HTF does that happen?
I changed that quick.
Hope this ramble helps

Interesting comment about acdc Pro Vault. Mine too was a little ‘off’ and I had to fiddle with them a few times. Maybe they had someone new on that production? But it was actually a blessing in disguise as it got me to adjust them ‘my way’ so you couldn’t back Hand the left ramp all day. Just sold it after nearly 2 years this past weekend

#7367 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Also...a small but noticeable and free upgrade of apron cards, with many options available for DP (and other games!), at link below thanks to coindropper
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only

did they print out the right size easily?

#7368 3 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Instructions in the first post to print sizes and resizing options.

#7369 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Interesting comment about acdc Pro Vault. Mine too was a little ‘off’ and I had to fiddle with them a few times. Maybe they had someone new on that production? But it was actually a blessing in disguise as it got me to adjust them ‘my way’ so you couldn’t back Hand the left ramp all day. Just sold it after nearly 2 years this past weekend

Mine lasted a year and a half, and that's just because it took me a while to find the right trade deal.
and that was my first ever NIB, kinda sad actually.

#7370 3 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

I posted the same a while back. I installed the antisway. The thing is the metal vertical lock is on the flipper side of the bracket not the backbox side. The standup is a thin piece of metal that sits inside the packers. It is narrower than the packers and does not Touch the vertical support. My Snikt target was still twisted and off a little bit. The metal bracket behind the target hadn’t moved, but the support does not apply to the actual target itself. The target is only kept in position by the screws and the packers. Maybe the antisway stops the screw positions from changing, I don’t know. But the target itself can bend and twist. So I don’t know if the antisway actually does stop it from moving entirely. I took it out recently and bent it all back.

It is working for me but only on the fly. Never cradled. Cradled just bounces in the air. If I don’t hit it properly lots of half ramps etc. before I bent it it was angled too much towards the flippers so that it also obstructed wolverine. I bent it to be parallel with the black outline on the pf. Also it does not overlap the ball guide so I don’t get the target touching it (I don’t think I haven't done a slomo). I’m starting to get it, had my first game getting it twice during a ninja scoring me 400m for the MB, which is great for me. My pitch is about 6.7. Anything steeper and I can’t make katana.

I’m happy with Snikt if I can get it a bit regularly on the fly. Happy to have someone correct me if I have it wrong.

Thanks.
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#7371 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

I am having this issue with my NIB TMNT. The ball bumps when it rolls from inlane to left flipper. It really bugs me! Can you explain how to adjust the flipper to be level? What is this toothpick method?

This drive me nuts to no end. When I put lightning flippers on my IMDN it started happening. I’ve had it happen on other pins in the past as well. To fix, you need an Allen wrench and loosen the Allen screw holding the flipper shaft slightly, adjust the flipper to be more parallel to the ball guide, tighten the Allen screw and test. It’ll take a few tries and some play, but once you get it, feels good.

#7372 3 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

took me 2 tries to get it sized right on my printer. well worth the time and also used for my GOTG.

#7373 3 years ago

I can hit the Snikt on the fly or from a cradle. Anti sway was added after 100 plays or so, did not come installed from the factory. Pitch is at 7. Katana ramp is smooth as silk also.

#7374 3 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

Katana ramp is smooth as silk also.

Sounds nice, how's the flipper alignment? Share a pic?

#7375 3 years ago
Quoted from Junglist:

Sounds nice, how's the flipper alignment? Share a pic?

Here ya go. I got this game in March, had around 400 plays on it, just checked and it's got 909 now. Haven't made any adjustments to the flippers, it has always shot well with no flipper hop from the inlanes on either side.

IMG-0540 (resized).jpgIMG-0540 (resized).jpg
#7376 3 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

it has always shot well with no flipper hop from the inlanes on either side

Cool thx, looks like they are lined up a little higher than mine - may have to give it a shot!

#7377 3 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

I can hit the Snikt on the fly or from a cradle. Anti sway was added after 100 plays or so, did not come installed from the factory. Pitch is at 7. Katana ramp is smooth as silk also.

Ok. Took it up to 7. Can cradle Snikt. Smartarse!

I used to have it at 7. Then katana started to clunk and hit either side of ramp. In frustration took it back down.

Thanks for advice! Enjoy this game a lot. Good to get it dialed in.

#7378 3 years ago

I’ll have to check to see what my pitch is sitting at these days but count me as one that can hit snikt from cradle. But my success rate is probably only around 10%; which is better than hitting it on the fly.

#7379 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I’ll have to check to see what my pitch is sitting at these days but count me as one that can hit snikt from cradle. But my success rate is probably only around 10%; which is better than hitting it on the fly.

Imagine if it was more. Would be a pretty dull game with all the multipliers racking up huge scores. It should be a 1 in 10. It is more fun doing it on the fly I must admit. Great feeling when you can get it.

#7380 3 years ago

Hi all, curious to see how many games you all have put on your game? I’m at about 3000 (got the game august 2019. Is everyone’s dimples smoothing out with the more plays?

#7381 3 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

Here ya go. I got this game in March, had around 400 plays on it, just checked and it's got 909 now. Haven't made any adjustments to the flippers, it has always shot well with no flipper hop from the inlanes on either side.
[quoted image]

sounds like mine, got mine around the same time w same game plays, even the total is prob close, but my flips were droopy,
didn't take long to change that

#7382 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

This drive me nuts to no end. When I put lightning flippers on my IMDN it started happening. I’ve had it happen on other pins in the past as well. To fix, you need an Allen wrench and loosen the Allen screw holding the flipper shaft slightly, adjust the flipper to be more parallel to the ball guide, tighten the Allen screw and test. It’ll take a few tries and some play, but once you get it, feels good.

Bro you have improved my life 10x! LOL. It was an easy fix and made a HUGE difference!

#7383 3 years ago

Hey guys. Isnt there a way to clear high scores except for GC? I cant find it

#7384 3 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Isnt there a way to clear high scores except for GC?

yes, I just did this, there are two options - clear High scores and clear GC

#7385 3 years ago
Quoted from Rehamed:

Hi all, curious to see how many games you all have put on your game? I’m at about 3000 (got the game august 2019. Is everyone’s dimples smoothing out with the more plays?

I got my NIB Deadpool pro in September 2019. Just passed 3500 games played on it now. I have plenty of dimpling, but can’t really feel it.
My flipper alignment has always been slightly lower than the alignment holes.

7B50772A-0168-4A32-9633-8125826107D2 (resized).jpeg7B50772A-0168-4A32-9633-8125826107D2 (resized).jpeg

#7386 3 years ago

I'm also a drooper.

dp14 (resized).jpgdp14 (resized).jpg

NIB March 2019 build 3,925 total plays.

Really need to clean it before comp on Sunday.

#7387 3 years ago

Just joined the Pro club. It was a tough decision between this and GnR SE and AIQ.

I think this looks like more fun. Played it a bit in 2019 but there aren't any of them up here in AK.

I would like to know what are your favorite mods for this game. I'm thinking the PF is a little dark so I may have to amp up the lighting, and maybe speaker lighting ring mod.

Thanks!

#7388 3 years ago

Comet makes a really nice trough kit and spotlight kit for it. While you are there you may as well pick up their GI kit and lighted flipper buttons if that's your thing. Doug from speaker lights does a nice remote settable speaker light kit. Shaker from pinball life, some good glass and i like the bat toppers. I put side armour and mirror blades in.

I have pinstadiums, but if i was doing it again i would not have purchased them.

dp4 (resized).jpgdp4 (resized).jpg

dp13 (resized).jpgdp13 (resized).jpg

dp14 (resized).jpgdp14 (resized).jpg

#7389 3 years ago

Broke my hi score tonight

3D8D77A5-B64D-4F8D-A36D-7E7240C930E9 (resized).jpeg3D8D77A5-B64D-4F8D-A36D-7E7240C930E9 (resized).jpeg
#7390 3 years ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

Broke my hi score tonight
[quoted image]

Welcome to the Billion club!

#7391 3 years ago

When's the best time to use "Big BOOM"? I always feel like it's somehow wasted when I use it.

#7392 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

When's the best time to use "Big BOOM"? I always feel like it's somehow wasted when I use it.

Not saying its the best by any means, but I try to use it when everything is lit during mechsuit and hopefully when I lucked into a playfield multiplier.

#7393 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Not saying its the best by any means, but I try to use it when everything is lit during mechsuit and hopefully when I lucked into a playfield multiplier.

yeha, i try to do the same, but never felt it was a big hit.

#7394 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

yeha, i try to do the same, but never felt it was a big hit.

It almost feels more useful using the BOOMS 1 at a time to get those tougher shots when in a battle.

#7395 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

It almost feels more useful using the BOOMS 1 at a time to get those tougher shots when in a battle.

Sure that is a good way to use an individual "yellow" boom. Once you get red, you have to use it though which is what I thought you were originally asking.

#7396 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Sure that is a good way to use an individual "yellow" boom. Once you get red, you have to use it though which is what I thought you were originally asking.

Oh that is what I was asking! I'll definitely save the big boom for Mechsuit next time. Thanks

#7397 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

To me - the Big Boom is best when multiple things are stacked, preferably a battle and multiball. Otherwise, during Mechsuit Multiball is good and certainly if you have a playfield multiplier in play.

I have found no real benefit in either Quest for the Big Boom and prefer the single smaller Booms in that scenario for sure.

#7398 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

I used to use it for Mechsuit, but often I am playing for progression rather than score, so I have actually found it more useful in the battles. For example, I was battling Mystique and Sauron, used my Big Boom and next thing I knew the scoop was lit for the final knock-out. I think I had some team-ups lit so that obviously helped, but it was a quick way to win the battle. Agree with awesome1 that individual booms are more helpful in the quests, particular the Megalodon one where I try to have 3 individual booms saved up before I start that quest to easily complete 3 of the red shots. I actually wish there was a way to switch the Big Boom back to individual booms since sometimes when I want three individual booms I accidently end up with a Big Boom. I also wish the game announced when you had Big Boom. I know the light turns red and it's on the screen, but a call out would be nice too (if there is ever another update).

#7399 3 years ago

Yesterday must have been the day to hit the billion mark. I had been getting close but could not cross the barrier. When I hit it..... yeah the wait was worth it. Awesome. No on to 2 billion. lol

deadpool (resized).jpgdeadpool (resized).jpg
#7400 3 years ago

I've seen the 'flat' shooter rod with the DP theme, but interested in the 'original' Stern type, or possibly just the knob that I could screw into a 'blank' shooter rod.

Looking for two.

Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
There are 16,265 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/148?hl=lrrr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.