(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,296 posts
  • 1,093 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by truemagoo102
  • Topic is favorited by 557 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,296 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 326.
#7251 3 years ago

What is this metal plate inside Lil Deadpool? (Pic taken from a side-view.) Is it a sensor to detect the ball during one of Lil Deadpool modes?

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#7252 3 years ago

There's an opto in that hole that detects when a ball is locked in there.

opto (resized).jpgopto (resized).jpg
#7253 3 years ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

There's an opto in that hole that detects when a ball is locked in there.
[quoted image]

Yep I just figured that out. Isnt it a hall effect sensor? Is there a reciever on top under the plastic? I havent taken it apart to look at it but I want to!

#7254 3 years ago

I'm pretty sure it's just a plain old opto with receiver, but not exactly sure how it's mounted.

#7255 3 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Yep I just figured that out. Isnt it a hall effect sensor? Is there a reciever on top under the plastic? I havent taken it apart to look at it but I want to!

I'm pretty sure it's just an optical sensor. You can see the receiver above the hole as well. Ball breaks the beam, switch closes.

#7256 3 years ago

Ok this is embarrassing ....

"I was THIS many days old when" I realized that the SNIKT multiplier was PLAYFIELD and the rollover multiplier was BONUS. Forever, I was trying to figure out what the difference was. I thought both were bonus. DUH !!!

#7257 3 years ago

If anyone local-ish is interested, I have a low plays LE for sale.

PM if interested.

#7258 3 years ago

Thanks to this thread, I just put in an order for a shaker, plastic protectors, anti sway target bracket, and new coil stops. I didn't check to see if the coil stops were replaced or if the target bracket was installed, but I figure if I can't use it for this game, I'm sure there's another game I could use it for.

#7259 3 years ago

I first played this game this weekend and loved it! I was gonna go turtles pro but this seems more fun. I dont see much diff in the pro vs prem. I mean the disco ball and stand up vs drop targets seem to be about it. Is there anything on the premium that makes a drastic change to the game?

#7260 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I first played this game this weekend and loved it! I was gonna go turtles pro but this seems more fun. I dont see much diff in the pro vs prem. I mean the disco ball and stand up vs drop targets seem to be about it. Is there anything on the premium that makes a drastic change to the game?

I have never played a pro, but I think the premium comes with the disco loops return ramp mechanism, which is really awesome, I would think that is the best part of getting a premium over a pro.

#7261 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I have never played a pro, but I think the premium comes with the disco loops return ramp mechanism, which is really awesome, I would think that is the best part of getting a premium over a pro.

Ah, thank you!

#7262 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Ah, thank you!

I recently made the same eval of Prem vs Pro. I ended up picking up a Pro myself over the Prem. I greatly preferred the Pro cab art and trans-lite and didn't care for molded figurines on the PF (main reasons). I also didn't feel the disco ball and drop targets warranted the extra $2k.

As for the left orbit returning to right flipper, meh, the right orbit basically already does that, and having never played the Prem I don't miss it.

Really fun game though, I was surprised how good the call-out and sound package is, having previously only played on location where you can't really hear it well.

This game provided exactly what I look for in modern games, where the whole package comes together to provide a visceral, adrenaline-pumping experience.

#7263 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I recently made the same eval of Prem vs Pro. I ended up picking up a Pro myself over the Prem. I greatly preferred the Pro cab art and trans-lite and didn't care for molded figurines on the PF (main reasons). I also didn't feel the disco ball and drop targets warranted the extra $2k.
As for the left orbit returning to right flipper, meh, the right orbit basically already does that, and having never played the Prem I don't miss it.
Really fun game though, I was surprised how good the call-out and sound package is, having previously only played on location where you can't really hear it well.
This game provided exactly what I look for in modern games, where the whole package comes together to provide a visceral, adrenaline-pumping experience.

I agree, Deadpool Pro is a fantastic game all the way around!

#7264 3 years ago

Funny how this versus debate comes up on every page.

The answer is simple. If the most enjoyable shot after the katana ramp was removed from the pin and you’re still happy with that then get the pro. I mean how important are super satisfying continuous loop shots and an extra mode?

#7265 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Funny how this versus debate comes up on every page.
The answer is simple. If the most enjoyable shot after the katana ramp was removed from the pin and you’re still happy with that then get the pro. I mean how important are super satisfying continuous loop shots and an extra mode?

I get your point but it's not like you can't rip the spinner on a pro. It may not be such a clean repeatable deal but still feels great to rip. And honestly I think the center spinner/snikt are my next fav shots. It's a great game on all trim levels for sure. I just got a pro and played a good amount of LE previously.

#7266 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I get your point but it's not like you can't rip the spinner on a pro. It may not be such a clean repeatable deal but still feels great to rip. And honestly I think the center spinner/snikt are my next fav shots. It's a great game on all trim levels for sure. I just got a pro and played a good amount of LE previously.

DAMN YOU SNIKT!!!!

I actually also really like the left ramp lil deadpool combo for the t-Rex battle too. Different parts of the game opens up for different modes. All good!

#7267 3 years ago

Whatever the topic I follow on pinside, it ALWAYS get back to a Pro VS Prem/LE comparison.. So boring.
Yes, it costs more
Yes, there are additional features
And yes Stern has seller guys doing the balance to create these discussions.
Everybody shall be happy with what he can purchase or not, not try to convince the other guys that he choosed better..

#7268 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I have never played a pro, but I think the premium comes with the disco loops return ramp mechanism, which is really awesome

I've never seen a picture or video that clearly shows what this does or what it looks like. Can someone post this please? On the pictures I've seen it just looks like a metal bump that keeps the ball from returning to the shooter lane. Thanks

#7269 3 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

I've never seen a picture or video that clearly shows what this does or what it looks like. Can someone post this please? On the pictures I've seen it just looks like a metal bump that keeps the ball from returning to the shooter lane. Thanks

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/674058881

#7271 3 years ago

Trying to install the Pinball Life anti-sway target bracket last night and found that with the bracket installed, the target is shifted far enough where it hits the spinner rail and the target can't compress fully. Anyone else have this happen to them?

#7272 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Trying to install the Pinball Life anti-sway target bracket last night and found that with the bracket installed, the target is shifted far enough where it hits the spinner rail and the target can't compress fully. Anyone else have this happen to them?

yeah, my anti sway target also seems to stand out more than factory but it works quite well. maybe you give it a try.

#7273 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

yeah, my anti sway target also seems to stand out more than factory but it works quite well. maybe you give it a try.

I will have to compare with the pictures in the key post to see if it looks the same or not, and try it out. I didn't test to see if the target would register or not, so I will have to install it when I get home and see if it works out.

#7274 3 years ago

Is there a common issue with the slim post to the right of the Domino orbit (the post just above the POOL drop targets) sending slow-rolling balls that feed to and hit it (from being in the pop bumpers) SDTM? My machine does this, and it’s very frustrating. I can’t imagine it’s intended to do that, so was curious if anyone else has had this issue and if so, what may have been done to correct it?

#7275 3 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

Is there a common issue with the slim post to the right of the Domino orbit (the post just above the POOL drop targets) sending slow-rolling balls that feed to and hit it (from being in the pop bumpers) SDTM? My machine does this, and it’s very frustrating. I can’t imagine it’s intended to do that, so was curious if anyone else has had this issue and if so, what may have been done to correct it?

When mine is coming down it usually hits that lip there and bounces to L flipper perfectly.

#7276 3 years ago
Quoted from Raiders36:

When mine is coming down it usually hits that lip there and bounces to L flipper perfectly.

Same here...always goes to the left flipper.

#7277 3 years ago
Quoted from Raiders36:

Quoted from mostater:

Same here...always goes to the left flipper.

That’s what I would expect it’s meant to do, and what I would hope for it to do, but instead, SDTM :/ Sometimes if I get a real solid slap save or a slide save, I can get it to just catch the tip of the left flipper, but it definitely doesn’t go anywhere near it on its own

#7278 3 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

That’s what I would expect it’s meant to do, and what I would hope for it to do, but instead, SDTM :/ Sometimes if I get a real solid slap save or a slide save, I can get it to just catch the tip of the left flipper, but it definitely doesn’t go anywhere near it on its own

Levels? Too steep? Level side to side? The only ones I have probs with are katana ramp reject coming back down and lil deadpool release.

#7279 3 years ago

Sounds like a level issue most likely.

#7280 3 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

I have the same problem with mine. I always give it a slight nudge now to make sure it goes to the left flipper. Mine is level so not sure why it does it but I’m used to it though it would be nice to not have to do that. I hate to adjust anything as everything else works great.

#7281 3 years ago

Looking to see if anyone has a pro playfield they would be willing to part with. Pm me please

#7282 3 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Looking to see if anyone has a pro playfield they would be willing to part with. Pm me please

I don't have a spare, but sounds like there must be a story behind this request?

Also, aren't replacements available from Stern?

#7283 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I don't have a spare, but sounds like there must be a story behind this request?
Also, aren't replacements available from Stern?

Looking to get one to have it kruzman done, stern does but they cant give me an estimated ship date right now

#7284 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I just loosened the factory target straightened it out as not to hang over the ball guide tightened it down and it works just fine.

#7285 3 years ago

Heads up guys - Nolan North (the voice of DP in the game) is on Cameo. Sooooooo, if you use Pinball Browser and are looking for a custom call out or something different, I'm pretty sure he will do it (his video examples on the site have him doing most of his character voices). Just an idea, he's reasonably priced too.

#7286 3 years ago

Club member with a new premium. Such a fun game and my kids love it! I really preferred the premium translite over the pro but DP's gnarly mouth and greasy chimichanga I think are kind of gross. I put an alternate translite together with DP in full cowl and reaching for a 3 ball loaded katana. I managed to sneak the Dazzler in there too.

DEADPOOL PST 1 (resized).jpgDEADPOOL PST 1 (resized).jpg
#7287 3 years ago

Found another chipping place. Mylar needed under left ramp.

3927246D-E065-4F5C-A79D-E3DDC0F96EC2 (resized).jpeg3927246D-E065-4F5C-A79D-E3DDC0F96EC2 (resized).jpegEC9516AE-1419-4DE9-9511-D89809A1C353 (resized).jpegEC9516AE-1419-4DE9-9511-D89809A1C353 (resized).jpeg
#7288 3 years ago

Got before and after pics with the alternate translite installed yesterday for a side by side comparison. I feel my printer gives a little better color saturation than stern factory prints and for sure they look better when the machine is off. Boom!

dp3 (resized).jpgdp3 (resized).jpg
#7289 3 years ago

I've been thinking about buying one and got to put some time on an LE last week. I really liked it for the most part. It felt like multiball was going on a lot. Some of the shots were really tight to make but very satisfying. I haven't played a lot of new Sterns but I get why people say they feel cheaper. I went from playing Deadpool to playing Twilight Zone. The build quality is night and day

#7290 3 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

I've been thinking about buying one and got to put some time on an LE last week. I really liked it for the most part. It felt like multiball was going on a lot. Some of the shots were really tight to make but very satisfying. I haven't played a lot of new Sterns but I get why people say they feel cheaper. I went from playing Deadpool to playing Twilight Zone. The build quality is night and day

I have both Deadpool Pro and Twilight Zone. Build quality doesn't seem cheaper on Deadpool to me. Some improvements like all GI bulbs are removable from the bottom which is really nice. The system for raising/lowering the playfield is much improved over older generation games as well.

I love my TZ, but have put way more games on DP in the last year (3400+). Regular cleaning and maintenance and no real issues (did have to replace flipper coil stops and Hellhouse scoop protector).

#7291 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I put an alternate translite together with DP in full cowl and reaching for a 3 ball loaded katana. I managed to sneak the Dazzler in there too.

That looks awesome! Wish I would be able to get one for my Premium But as I am living in Denmark, that seems pretty impossible even though you were actually making more of them....

But really nice work!

#7292 3 years ago

Edward472 it really does seem like Deadpool is a very reliable machine. If you are concerned about durability I would not worry. Some of the sterns such as JP2 have had some maintenance problems, but not so much with Deadpool. Like others have stated I have put thousands of games on my Deadpool with no issues whatsoever.

#7293 3 years ago

Flipper stops only here. 4-5000 games at least.

#7294 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Got before and after pics with the alternate translite installed yesterday for a side by side comparison. I feel my printer gives a little better color saturation than stern factory prints and for sure they look better when the machine is off. Boom!
[quoted image]

This is definitely nicer. The addition of Dazzler is terrific as well. Even though the changes are minimal, I'd buy one if you were doing a run.

Cheers from Canada,

Winston.

#7295 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

[quoted image]

You added dazzler, but she's not squirting milk like on the Pro translite...

#7296 3 years ago

But where is the damn code update? Grrr...

#7297 3 years ago
Quoted from maroot:

But where is the damn code update? Grrr...

Can't wait for that DJ Mode huh?

#7298 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You added dazzler, but she's not squirting milk like on the Pro translite...

But that's a great conversation piece!

#7299 3 years ago
Quoted from cloggedDrain:

Can't wait for that DJ Mode huh?

Bug fixes mostly, and hopefully add more high score achievements!

#7300 3 years ago

Thinking of picking up a HUO Deadpool Premium - anything to look for on inspection? Things to watch out for?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ormond Beach, FL
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 25.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

There are 16,296 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/146 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.