(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,261 posts
  • 1,089 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Minibull
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg
dp16 (resized).jpg
IMG_2260 (resized).jpg
IMG_2259 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,261 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 326.
#6901 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Yes. Will cost you a dollar and like 2 minutes tops.

whats the dollar for? what do i need?

#6902 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Remove the rubber tip from the shooter rod, carefully pull back the spring and remove the retaining clip. I usually use needle nose pliers. Careful or the spring can fly off if you accidentally let go of it. Assemble on other shooter rod.

#6903 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Remove the rubber tip from the shooter rod, carefully pull back the spring and remove the retaining clip. I usually use needle nose pliers. Careful or the spring can fly off if you accidentally let go of it. Assemble on other shooter rod.

Ok will try ty

#6904 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

New shooter springs are $0.95.

#6905 3 years ago

Does anyone know if there has been a slowdown on production of the Deadpool games? I ordered a Deadpool premium that the distributor (well-known distributor that I chose based on what I read on Pinside) that distributor was expecting to arrive last week of July/first week of August. I contacted distributor and was told hasn’t arrived from Stern yet (we are both East Coast). This is first Pinball machine, so I don’t know how fluid delivery times are usual with pinball machines. Thanks!

#6906 3 years ago
Quoted from MechaDog:

Does anyone know if there has been a slowdown on production of the Deadpool games? I ordered a Deadpool premium that the distributor (well-known distributor that I chose based on what I read on Pinside) that distributor was expecting to arrive last week of July/first week of August. I contacted distributor and was told hasn’t arrived from Stern yet (we are both East Coast). This is first Pinball machine, so I don’t know how fluid delivery times are usual with pinball machines. Thanks!

I think tmnt took up most of the production. I know all popular titles nib pins are hard to buy from stern.

#6907 3 years ago

I got my Deadpool premium first week of August with a July 28 build date. The game is awesome and looks great. Hang in there it will be worth it.

#6908 3 years ago
Quoted from MechaDog:

When I had placed an order with down payment, I was told the same thing (end of July/early August). I rec'd my Premium a couple weeks ago. As far as I can tell, production is going on but perhaps not at the expected pace since you haven't rec'd yours yet. Hopefully you'll hear something soon. Hang in there. I know the wait can be agonizing!

#6909 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

This is my dream lineup plus TMNT.
Do you prefer any of the Elwins over the other? It's a great debate I have in my head without being able to play IMDN or JP2 in person.

I grew up in the 80’s seen Iron Maiden in concert, love the game. I have 6 kids and 5 grandkids and the wife all love JP so those 2 games are going no where.

#6910 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I don't like JP at all and wouldn't have it back in the house, the callouts kill me. I have no interest in having an iron maiden in the house either after having them both here on rental.
My favourite three sterns that i have by a million miles are Deadpool, Aerosmith and The Walking Dead. the order may change as i've only had TWD for a couple of weeks. What a great game.

The wife wants walking dead she’s a big fan of the show,so I’ll probably be looking for that one also.

#6911 3 years ago
Quoted from MechaDog:

Covid stopped production for a while and now Stern is backlogged.

#6912 3 years ago
Quoted from MechaDog:

Yeah, there's a bit of a flu going round.

#6913 3 years ago

Anyone know of a reason the Katana would drop 2 balls instead of 1 to start ninja multiball? It's been dropping 2 and then the last one instead of 1 at a time. It just started doing this recently. It does look like the ball lock is a little off center but can't see anything else obvious.

#6914 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

Anyone know of a reason the Katana would drop 2 balls instead of 1 to start ninja multiball? It's been dropping 2 and then the last one instead of 1 at a time. It just started doing this recently. It does look like the ball lock is a little off center but can't see anything else obvious.

I'd start with cleaning the optos with a Q-tip. Most likely an issue with one of them that's causing the game to release more than one. Also check the drop post for possible binding.

#6915 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I'd start with cleaning the optos with a Q-tip. Most likely an issue with one of them that's causing the game to release more than one. Also check the drop post for possible binding.

Thanks for the help! I cleaned the opto first but that didn't fix it. Lifted the playfield and shifted the katana lock to be more centered. It's not perfectly in the middle but more than it was before. I guess it took 1500 games to move that lock just far enough to cause the issue. Not too bad really.

#6916 3 years ago

I joined the club in July! Loving the game, 1st new pin in like 20 years. (Have original KISS) I may have gone a little mod crazy with a few more yet to come. Mystique and Sabertooth, some lighting, cliffy's. Attaching some pics so you can see the mods, lol. The topper was a beast to get and I way overpaid but hey, good luck finding one. I even wrote Stern and they said they can't make more due to licensing issues whatever that means. So, who can spot all the mods?

20200821_174445[1] (resized).jpg20200821_174445[1] (resized).jpg20200821_174452[1] (resized).jpg20200821_174452[1] (resized).jpg20200821_174511[1] (resized).jpg20200821_174511[1] (resized).jpg20200821_174918[1] (resized).jpg20200821_174918[1] (resized).jpg20200821_180708[1] (resized).jpg20200821_180708[1] (resized).jpg
#6917 3 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

I joined the club in July! Loving the game, 1st new pin in like 20 years. (Have original KISS) I may have gone a little mod crazy with a few more yet to come. Mystique and Sabertooth, some lighting, cliffy's. Attaching some pics so you can see the mods, lol. The topper was a beast to get and I way overpaid but hey, good luck finding one. I even wrote Stern and they said they can't make more due to licensing issues whatever that means. So, who can spot all the mods?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Did you put a cliffy at the entrance to the Katana lane? It doesn't look like one is there, and that's probably the single most important mod for Deadpool since if you don't do it, the flexing of that lane guide will dig into the playfield and scratch into it or chip it. You can raise it with just some washers if you don't have the Cliffy. It's detailed here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/protecting-katana-lane-entrance-from-playfield-damage

#6918 3 years ago

Been playing a friends pro a lot recently, what a game!

Is it just me or does anyone else feel physically exhausted playing Deadpool? I don’t really get sore from playing any other games but Deadpool leaves me feeling like I’ve just had to battle the game physically.

#6919 3 years ago

Does anyone know where I can get the Katana side rails? Seems to be sold out everywhere. Anyone selling?

Thanks.

#6920 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did you put a cliffy at the entrance to the Katana lane? It doesn't look like one is there, and that's probably the single most important mod for Deadpool since if you don't do it, the flexing of that lane guide will dig into the playfield and scratch into it or chip it. You can raise it with just some washers if you don't have the Cliffy. It's detailed here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/protecting-katana-lane-entrance-from-playfield-damage

I wound up using some of the silicone washers that Pinball Life sells. They flex a bit, but it still seems to get the job done, as I can clearly see the rail isn't touching the playfield anymore.

#6921 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm waiting on the Cliffy's to come for that. They are on order.

#6922 3 years ago

Also, it's not RDTM on Deadpool, instead it's "Right down Main Street!"

#6923 3 years ago

Just joined the club this weekend! Put down the cash for what will be a newly built DP Prem that is scheduled to arrive at the distributor in the beginning of September, and ship to us right after Looking forward to it; have really enjoyed playing this game on route, and it's one of my wife's favorites. Will be a great addition to the collection!

#6924 3 years ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

Do any of the playfield lights go out when this happens? Mine had an issue when it was new where the flippers would die momentarily and the lower GI lights went out until the machine was rebooted. Turned out to be a flaky GI bulb - never had the problem again after I swapped out the GI bulbs with Comet's upgrade kit.

So it just happened again and the GI did went out. Must be the same problem.

#6925 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

So it just happened again and the GI did went out. Must be the same problem.

I'd check all the connections to the node boards under the playfield to make sure nothing's loose, but for me the ultimate solution was swapping out the GI bulbs with Comet's kit:

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/deadpool-general-illumination-upgrade-kit

I'd highly recommend that kit regardless - you'll be amazed how much better the playfield looks when the GI is, you know, illuminating it. Whoever at Stern thought it was a good idea to use red bulbs in the GI needs a good smack.

My inexpert opinion is that the red GI bulbs are somehow more prone to causing this issue. When I was trying to figure out what was going on I found posts by Black Knight Sword of Rage (Pro) owners having the same symptoms, but with the upper GI (where the red bulbs are on that game).

Edit: Forgot to mention that the maintenance menu showed Node 8 overcurrent when mine was doing this, so checking for that error might tell you for sure if you're having the same issue.

#6926 3 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Taming the shaker is done through realigning the weights on the motor itself. They typically come both set in the same direction. Moving each weight 90 degrees so that they are 180 degrees opposite should calm it down.

I had to this to lessen the intensity of the shaker. Thanks for the info. This forum has been so helpful...

#6927 3 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

Just joined the club this weekend! Put down the cash for what will be a newly built DP Prem that is scheduled to arrive at the distributor in the beginning of September, and ship to us right after Looking forward to it; have really enjoyed playing this game on route, and it's one of my wife's favorites. Will be a great addition to the collection!

Grats man, i grew on this title slowly but after discovering and dialing in my Snikt shot i fell into love. Check my older posts for it, people wrote alot of nice info on it there. Just make sure you add washers under the ballguide of the katana ramp and a long piece of mylar below the left ramp! 2 thick post rubbers on the posts of the ballguide of the katana guide will help prevent balls rolling backwards there and go STDM. When you have dialed in the shots and get a feeling for the on-the-fly shots... mmmmmhh.

My most important mods are Inviglass, Subwoofer (!!!) and Shaker... the music is so great.

#6928 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Grats man, i grew on this title slowly but after discovering and dialing in my Snikt shot i fell into love. Check my older posts for it, people wrote alot of nice info on it there. Just make sure you add washers under the ballguide of the katana ramp and a long piece of mylar below the left ramp! 2 thick post rubbers on the posts of the ballguide of the katana guide will help prevent balls rolling backwards there and go STDM. When you have dialed in the shots and get a feeling for the on-the-fly shots... mmmmmhh.
My most important mods are Inviglass, Subwoofer (!!!) and Shaker... the music is so great.

Awesome! Thanks for the tips, Prodoshi

#6929 3 years ago

I'd check all the connections to the node boards under the playfield to make sure nothing's loose, but for me the ultimate solution was swapping out the GI bulbs with Comet's kit:
https://www.cometpinball.com/products/deadpool-general-illumination-upgrade-kit
I'd highly recommend that kit regardless - you'll be amazed how much better the playfield looks when the GI is, you know, illuminating it. Whoever at Stern thought it was a good idea to use red bulbs in the GI needs a good smack.
My inexpert opinion is that the red GI bulbs are somehow more prone to causing this issue. When I was trying to figure out what was going on I found posts by Black Knight Sword of Rage (Pro) owners having the same symptoms, but with the upper GI (where the red bulbs are on that game).
Edit: Forgot to mention that the maintenance menu showed Node 8 overcurrent when mine was doing this, so checking for that error might tell you for sure if you're having the same issue.

Would love to see how the lights look!

#6930 3 years ago

My Deadpool Food Truck mod 101...

#6931 3 years ago
20200824_120340 (resized).jpg20200824_120340 (resized).jpg20200824_121826 (resized).jpg20200824_121826 (resized).jpg20200824_121948 (resized).jpg20200824_121948 (resized).jpg
#6932 3 years ago

Hey guys. I have a premium on order in September and was wondering what everyone has done for siderails/armor? Looks like the katana side rails are no longer available. What have you all done for powdercoating?

#6933 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

Would love to see how the lights look!

I posted a before and after here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/116#post-5560084

There's a reason red lights are used in photography dark rooms.

#6934 3 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Hey guys. I have a premium on order in September and was wondering what everyone has done for siderails/armor? Looks like the katana side rails are no longer available. What have you all done for powdercoating?

Don't be too bummed. Those Katana rails are super-cheap - just printed paper for the "katanas" - gross.

#6935 3 years ago

I posted a before and after here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/116#post-5560084
There's a reason red lights are used in photography dark rooms.

I changed those red LED to white ones and it looks boring, but i am playing in bright conditions so there is no need for additionaly lighting up my pin.

#6936 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Don't be too bummed. Those Katana rails are super-cheap - just printed paper for the "katanas" - gross.

Oh wow ok. Didn't realize they were cheap. Thanks.

#6937 3 years ago

I just installed mirror blades in my DP Prem and holy crap, what a difference! I couldn't be happier! I ordered from Pinball Decals and did not have to remove the pf

#6938 3 years ago

Clogged Drain sounds nice. What are those mirror blades made from?

#6939 3 years ago

They are made from polished stainless steel and look fantastic
https://www.pinballdecals.com/MirrorBladesPage.html

#6940 3 years ago

Stern adds a jukebox feature called "DJ Mixer" in the latest TMNT game code.

It will be included in all future game codes releases for Spike 2 pinball machines.

It would be so rad on Deadpool!

#6941 3 years ago

I posted on Sterns FB post about new TMNT code as I sometimes do... actually got a couple "likes" and a response from George Gomez, so I'm more confident than ever we will see another code update!!! Of course I had to "Love" his response!

Annotation 2020-08-25 143000- (resized).jpgAnnotation 2020-08-25 143000- (resized).jpgAnnotation 2020-08-25 143000 (resized).jpgAnnotation 2020-08-25 143000 (resized).jpg

#6942 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I posted on Sterns FB post about new TMNT code as I sometimes do... actually got a couple "likes" and a response from George Gomez, so I'm more confident than ever we will see another code update!!! Of course I had to "Love" his response!
[quoted image][quoted image]

I did the same to Jack knowing he loves Deadpool! I figure try everything for the last code update!

PNG image (resized).pngPNG image (resized).png
#6943 3 years ago

Anyone know where I can get a Deadpool topper? Found one but can’t get the seller to respond to messages or ship internationally. Thanks.

#6944 3 years ago

Yesss!! Seems like Gomez just acknowledged that there will be at least one more update for Deadpool. Can't wait.

Personally i really miss the ability to abort a game by pressing the left flipper button + start. I have that on my GB, and really love it!

#6945 3 years ago

I’m curious why we haven’t seen an update for Deadpool in a while, I assumed it was because Tanio was working on TMNT as lead as it was kinda his time in the rotation.

Wonder what he is working on as he did a killer job on Deadpool.

#6946 3 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

Yesss!! Seems like Gomez just acknowledged that there will be at least one more update for Deadpool. Can't wait.
Personally i really miss the ability to abort a game by pressing the left flipper button + start. I have that on my GB, and really love it!

You can restart a game if the ball is in the shooter lane at ball 2 by holding down the start button. Resets to ball 1.

#6947 3 years ago
Quoted from cloggedDrain:

I just installed mirror blades in my DP Prem and holy crap, what a difference! I couldn't be happier! I ordered from Pinball Decals and did not have to remove the pf

I ordered those also they should be here today can’t wait

#6948 3 years ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

I ordered those also they should be here today can’t wait

Congrats! The installation isn't that hard, just takes some time. I used electric tape to hold the blades in place and there are two clips (one on each side, both with two screws) on the inside of the cabinet. You dont need to remove the clips, but loosen them up and they will help hold the blades in place.

Also, I was able to use the included screws without pre-drilling any holes (and I only used four screws, front and back seemed good enough)

#6949 3 years ago
Quoted from cloggedDrain:

Congrats! The installation isn't that hard, just takes some time. I used electric tape to hold the blades in place and there are two clips (one on each side, both with two screws) on the inside of the cabinet. You dont need to remove the clips, but loosen them up and they will help hold the blades in place.
Also, I was able to use the included screws without pre-drilling any holes (and I only used four screws, front and back seemed good enough)

Does anyone know what those clips are for? I'm actually using them to hold the front of the mirror blades on since they do a pretty good job at that. I can't see another use for them.

#6950 3 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

Does anyone know what those clips are for? I'm actually using them to hold the front of the mirror blades on since they do a pretty good job at that. I can't see another use for them.

They are there to help center the PF when it's lowered.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grovetown, GA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 16,261 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/139?hl=yoderboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.