(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,295 posts
  • 1,092 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Magicman
  • Topic is favorited by 557 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 326.
#6851 3 years ago

I keep having an issue where the lil DP drops come up for the MB start but its after the ball has already exited basically requiring me to hit all 3 over again and lock the ball again. I thought it might be a setting in the sound mod rom, but I didn't see anything that sounded related. Anyone know what might be causing this?

#6852 3 years ago

It does make the Snikt target act differently. I get more airballs from cradled shots, but some people don’t get this. I don’t regret it, it is awesome now for shots on the fly. Very satisfying. PinMonk also has some in stock too for international pinsiders that don’t want to pay huge postage for a $3 bracket.

#6853 3 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

I keep having an issue where the lil DP drops come up for the MB start but its after the ball has already exited basically requiring me to hit all 3 over again and lock the ball again. I thought it might be a setting in the sound mod rom, but I didn't see anything that sounded related. Anyone know what might be causing this?

So when it’s flashing green and you hit lil deadpool, the stand ups take a while to come up? This should be Instantaneous. I don’t even think a really steep pitch could affect this. What happens when you test the lil deadpool target? Also anything binding your drops? Did this happen all the time or just start occurring?

#6854 3 years ago

That dimpling is bad, but my Metallica is half as bad in half the time. So all in all I will probably end up around there in that time frame. As others have said long as the clear coat doesn't crack, crumble or come off your good. If it doesn't effect play then your ok. If you start loosing big chunks of clear coat that is a different story and not good.

#6855 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Hey Fellow DP owners.
Just curious how many of you have the same moon surface playfield like I do.
I’m not trying to ask about dimples.
I already know “dimples are part of pinball” but that’s such bull crap.
I bought my DP premium when it was released in 2018 and I talked to Stern from day one when I received it about the dimples on my playfield. I sent pics plus videos and they couldn’t care less. I couldn’t even get my distributor to send me a new playfield on a brand new game (also BS) but not there fault. I think they offered a little discount that was about it.
So I accepted it, way back then. I love my DP pin but hate the fact that my playfield looks like it does. So freaking disappointing. Haven’t bought another new stern since.
I just try not to pay attention to it but man.... anytime I take pictures of my pin it just looks like shit and it brings that disappointing feeling back all over again. Sometimes it bugs me so much I actually think about selling it. Anyone else feel this way or is it just me. Fortunately I haven’t had any clear pooling or playfield chipping but I’m afraid to really look!
I recently bought new apron cards and took some pics of them to send to a friend and just noticed how bad the playfield looks and how much it has has gotten worse. Below is a pic of my DP with the apron cards and a pic of my almost 29 year old T2 with new apron cards.
You be the judge...
Wow.... apparently on pinside clicking a picture and zooming in on a pic is big deal...
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

yes, your PF looks like shit. Saying thats normal is a problem imo too. unfortunately thats the stern PF gamble...
here you can complain:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/continued-playfield-issues-with-jjp-and-stern

#6856 3 years ago

My machine regularly gives me TILT when no nudging are being done. What can I do to prevent this from happening. It has a shaker motor and not sure if it’s from that. Thanks

#6857 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

My machine regularly gives me TILT when no nudging are being done. What can I do to prevent this from happening. It has a shaker motor and not sure if it’s from that. Thanks

I just installed a shaker motor in my DP and I also added one of these:
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Stern-ShakerMotorAdvisory.pdf

This will allegedly prevent the phantom tilt messages

You can buy one on amazon if your kit didn't include one:
https://www.amazon.com/Stern-Cabinet-Capacitor-Shaker-502-7059-00/dp/B07W86QVLL

#6858 3 years ago

Just after a smaller dazzler moulded figure. Only one I can find is that big 6inch one with her on roller skates... does anyone know of a toy supplier that has figures close to the size of the premium moulded dazzler?

#6859 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Just after a smaller dazzler moulded figure. Only one I can find is that big 6inch one with her on roller skates... does anyone know of a toy supplier that has figures close to the size of the premium moulded dazzler?

With or without the lactation?

#6860 3 years ago

I already know “dimples are part of pinball” but that’s such bull crap.

Small dimples are normal and hard to see without looking for them. My ACNC is like this. But craters are not. Unfortunately, Stern playfields often have these and I think it's partly because the clear coat didn't cure long enough before release. It can take up to six months for C.C. to fully cure (harden). Also, some games produce more air balls and I also think Stern's flippers are over powered (like on DP). I installed extra springs on the flippers (over the plungers like Williams used to do in the 80's and it's still not enough) to help reduce the ball speed (since we can't dial it down in settings - which makes no sense to me). There is also lighting on some games that make it easier to see than other games. Playfields are generally brighter these days with LED lighting and all the lighting mods available, which also make it easier to see dimples.

#6861 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

So when it’s flashing green and you hit lil deadpool, the stand ups take a while to come up? This should be Instantaneous. I don’t even think a really steep pitch could affect this. What happens when you test the lil deadpool target? Also anything binding your drops? Did this happen all the time or just start occurring?

Yeah, there's a slight delay which often causes the ball to escape before hand, causing me to essentially requalify the mode. It almost seems like a difficulty setting but I swear it doesn't do that every time. Maybe I just need to go through the settings more thoroughly.

#6862 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

yes, your PF looks like shit. Saying thats normal is a problem imo too. unfortunately thats the stern PF gamble...
here you can complain:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/continued-playfield-issues-with-jjp-and-stern

Thanks

Like I said.... disappointing.

It will be even more disappointing when stern releases another game/theme that I really want but won’t buy because of the crap they make. (My opinion)

I have 2 spooky machines coming in the next couple of months... I’m hopeful these will be a much better experience.

#6863 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Have you adjusted the tilt bob? Drop it down lower on its rod to make it less sensitive.

I've had the Pinball Life Spike 2 shaker since the first week I've owned my Deadpool and never had an unwarranted tilt.

I'm now right at 3000 games played.

#6864 3 years ago

Is it normal for flippers to not work properly for a few min after turning on the machine? It happens randomly in middle of game too at times. Flippers don’t respond.

#6865 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Have you adjusted the tilt bob? Drop it down lower on its rod to make it less sensitive.
I've had the Pinball Life Spike 2 shaker since the first week I've owned my Deadpool and never had an unwarranted tilt.
I'm now right at 3000 games played.

The manual was hitting it. Now fixed

#6866 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Is it normal for flippers to not work properly for a few min after turning on the machine?

No, the flippers should work fine all the time. Check your flipper coil stops if you haven’t replaced them already. The newer Stern games are known to have issues with flipper coil stops breaking quickly. Cheap fix.

#6867 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Is it normal for flippers to not work properly for a few min after turning on the machine? It happens randomly in middle of game too at times. Flippers don’t respond.

Do any of the playfield lights go out when this happens? Mine had an issue when it was new where the flippers would die momentarily and the lower GI lights went out until the machine was rebooted. Turned out to be a flaky GI bulb - never had the problem again after I swapped out the GI bulbs with Comet's upgrade kit.

#6868 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

The manual was hitting it. Now fixed

Was about to suggest that. Happened to me a few times now on machines.

#6869 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Its a chess piece. I found her an a domino one on ebay.

#6870 3 years ago

They are made by eaglemoss. Hope this helps.

Screenshot_20200816-175640_eBay (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200816-175640_eBay (resized).jpg
#6871 3 years ago

It will be even more disappointing when stern releases another game/theme that I really want but won’t buy because of the crap they make. (My opinion)

This is how I felt about DP and JP3. So I didn't buy NIB. I waited and got a DP pro with a new spare Playfield for far less than NIB. I may do the same with JP3 pro (with or without spare PF). This way, you can see what you're getting and you're not giving your NIB money to Stern and having to deal with them and their PF lottery B.S.!

#6872 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

This is how I felt about DP and JP3. So I didn't buy NIB. I waited and got a DP pro with a new spare Playfield for far less than NIB. I may do the same with JP3 pro (with or without spare PF). This way, you can see what you're getting and you're not giving your NIB money to Stern and having to deal with them and their PF lottery B.S.!

That’s good thinking!

I’ll have to keep that in mind.

#6873 3 years ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

Do any of the playfield lights go out when this happens? Mine had an issue when it was new where the flippers would die momentarily and the lower GI lights went out until the machine was rebooted. Turned out to be a flaky GI bulb - never had the problem again after I swapped out the GI bulbs with Comet's upgrade kit.

I don’t think it did but will pay attention next time it happens. Couldn’t reproduce the problem.

#6874 3 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Yeah, there's a slight delay which often causes the ball to escape before hand, causing me to essentially requalify the mode. It almost seems like a difficulty setting but I swear it doesn't do that every time. Maybe I just need to go through the settings more thoroughly.

Check the sensitivity of the target that attaches to little Deadpool. When you hit that target it raises the drop bank to capture the ball. Then their is an opto where the ball normally settles to confirm the ball is caught. If the ball isn't in there it won't drop the targets for you. The game has that ability to drop the targets so I'm not sure why the code wouldn't account for that situation.

I had this on my game and making the target less sensitive fixed my issue as I believe it was making contact, little Deadpool bounced/wobbled which made contact again but at that point the ball was already out of the catch zone.

#6875 3 years ago

Joined the club my NIB Premium will be arriving tomorrow.

#6876 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Check the sensitivity of the target that attaches to little Deadpool. When you hit that target it raises the drop bank to capture the ball. Then their is an opto where the ball normally settles to confirm the ball is caught. If the ball isn't in there it won't drop the targets for you. The game has that ability to drop the targets so I'm not sure why the code wouldn't account for that situation.
I had this on my game and making the target less sensitive fixed my issue as I believe it was making contact, little Deadpool bounced/wobbled which made contact again but at that point the ball was already out of the catch zone.

Maybe his opto is out of alignment as you mentioned.

#6877 3 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Not sure on the reward but I think it’s the same 5M. My comment was more for the lane re-feed. On the Pro, when it goes back into the shooter lane, it ejects out to a left orbit and lights the opportunity for a super skill shot. The Prem/LE doesn’t have this due to no lane re-feed. Not saying it’s better, but it’s a part of the gameplay that you’d be missing with a gate. Also, more to say that it doesn’t go back to the pops, but has integrated code that provides an opportunity for reward.

Can someone take pics and explain how the premise works for the gate/ no return to the launch lane thing? I havent seen any photos that explain it

#6878 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

You can't go wrong with any version of Deadpool.
For me, I couldn't "justify" the additional $1,700 for the Premium. I added shaker, HD glass, external sub and several other mods and I still have over $1,000 leftover to go towards my next game!

Damn you !!! ( I want that stuff too) plus lighted flipper buttons and mirror blades

#6879 3 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Damn you !!! ( I want that stuff too) plus lighted flipper buttons and mirror blades

got all that stuff on my pro too. pdi glass, pinstadiums, external sub, comet trough and sling light kit, lighted buttons, flipper guard siderails, topper, speaker lights, bat toppers, shaker.

all these things (with the exception of the pinstadiums) are relatively cheap and add to the looks and attractiveness of the game (to me). The more immersive, the more i enjoy it.

dp3 (resized).jpgdp3 (resized).jpg
#6880 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Oooh... that makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll check that out later today.

#6881 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

got all that stuff on my pro too. pdi glass, pinstadiums, external sub, comet trough and sling light kit, lighted buttons, flipper guard siderails, topper, speaker lights, bat toppers, shaker.
all these things (with the exception of the pinstadiums) are relatively cheap and add to the looks and attractiveness of the game (to me). The more immersive, the more i enjoy it.[quoted image]

I want to put the mirror blades on my DP, did you use decals or the stainless steel ones?

#6882 3 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Can someone take pics and explain how the premise works for the gate/ no return to the launch lane thing? I havent seen any photos that explain it

Post 6810 has a picture of what was done on a pro. Trying to link to it here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/138?gallery&galleryp=22

The premise of that mod is so that the ball wont go back into the shooter lane when a ball comes back down the right orbit. Instead it would hit the one way gate and continue down the PF. For the Pro, this would work perfectly if the ball going back into the shooter lane bothered you (as discussed above their are some advantages to it going into the shooter lane too though).

For a Prem/LE that mod wont work as it would block off the ability of the ball to go into the right orbit return ramp. That ramp comes down in certain situations just about where that gate is installed thus being in the way.

#6883 3 years ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

I want to put the mirror blades on my DP, did you use decals or the stainless steel ones?

There's some guys here in NSW that make rails and stuff for pinballs, Railways they're called believe it or not. they made the stainless mirrors and the lollipop side armour. they are really cheap, great quality and a little side earner for a couple of really nice pinball people.

https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/aussie-arcade-sponsor-s-trading-forum/arcade-pinball-and-amusement-machine-sponsors/rail-ways

(sorry to post link to another forum but that's all they have)

dp13 (resized).jpgdp13 (resized).jpg

#6884 3 years ago

I want to get mirror sides too and I'm trying to decide between the decals or the steel blades. I'm leaning towards the steal blades, I feel like they would be sturdier and easier to install

#6885 3 years ago

DP is in the house

DFEAE117-805C-4227-B890-90C7C7D2BE29 (resized).jpegDFEAE117-805C-4227-B890-90C7C7D2BE29 (resized).jpeg
#6886 3 years ago
Quoted from cloggedDrain:

I want to get mirror sides too and I'm trying to decide between the decals or the steel blades. I'm leaning towards the steal blades, I feel like they would be sturdier and easier to install

I went with mirror blades and love it. It's a fairly dark game and the light reflections help there some plus the added light reflections during the disco modes is cool.

Quoted from Sluggo39:

DP is in the house
[quoted image]

Congrats! Looks like our walls are twins even down to the order.

4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg

#6887 3 years ago

Iron maiden and deadpool look great next to each other. That JP is a good choice for the trio, nice work fellas.

#6888 3 years ago

Stern art blade decals, all the way. The LE ones are the nicest, but the ones Stern sells for the Prem/Pro look good installed and aren't hard to put on using the wet method.

Mirror blades are a constant headache due to scratches and scuffs. No such worries with the Stern art blades. You can scuff them and they don't show it, really. They CAN be snagged, but if they were mirror blades a snag would be a deep scratch you'll never buff out, so they're still ahead of mirror blades.

#6889 3 years ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

DP is in the house

Sweet lineup. Some of the best Stern's in the past few years.

#6890 3 years ago

I dunno about all that. I've had my mirrors for a year now and the machine is the most heavily modded one i have, so playfield is often up. There is one little group of faint marks on one side that i reckon would buff if i wanted to bother. i've never seen them before till i just went and looked for them, so i don't think i'll even bother.

#6891 3 years ago

Same. I have mirrors on all 7 of my Sterns right now as all my old ones. I can only think of one that I scratched to where I couldn't buff it out and it was 100% my fault for not being careful lowering the PF and I lowered it at an angle. I've seen quite a lot of those graphix as well as just bare sides be scratched up too. It's all about just being careful when raising and lowering your PF. Also to call out that some games are naturally tighter than others too. I have a couple that have a solid gap on both sides even with the blades installed but I have one game that is super tight so it takes a bit of extra care.

#6892 3 years ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

DP is in the house
[quoted image]

This is my dream lineup plus TMNT.

Do you prefer any of the Elwins over the other? It's a great debate I have in my head without being able to play IMDN or JP2 in person.

#6893 3 years ago

I have the Stern inner side art on my DP. Fairly easy install and I did it without water.

I put mirror blades (polished SS) on my Independence Day and really like them. No issues on either game so far (months/year in use) with messing them up, but have to be careful raising and lowering the playfield.

This unfortunately is not the case with the inner sideart on my Twilight Zone. The outer switch bracket for the mini "Power Playfield" literally hits the inside of the cabinet, so the sideart is tearing and gets torn generally while lowering the playfield even when being careful and will need to be replaced soon.

#6894 3 years ago

anyone else order the deadpool shooter rod from stern and it has the wrong spring in it? Mine has the weaker orange spring and the ball can barely make it up the orbit. Ive had it months and didnt say anything to stern so im shit out of luck there im sure. Anyone else have this issue?

#6895 3 years ago

Can't you just swap the springs?

#6896 3 years ago

Deadpool, Jurassic Park, and Iron Maiden is an epic line up. Well done gentlemen.

#6897 3 years ago

whitebalance is not perfect but you get the feeling.
mirrorblades always have a sterile/cold feeling to me.
I also have had no problems with scratches so far! (make sure no rails or other parts of the PF are standing out over the wood, this way you prevent damage)
click on the image for better quality
dpmirr (resized).pngdpmirr (resized).png

#6898 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

Deadpool, Jurassic Park, and Iron Maiden is an epic line up. Well done gentlemen.

I don't like JP at all and wouldn't have it back in the house, the callouts kill me. I have no interest in having an iron maiden in the house either after having them both here on rental.

My favourite three sterns that i have by a million miles are Deadpool, Aerosmith and The Walking Dead. the order may change as i've only had TWD for a couple of weeks. What a great game.

#6899 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Can't you just swap the springs?

can i? i dunno!

#6900 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

can i? i dunno!

Yes. Will cost you a dollar and like 2 minutes tops.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rochester, NH
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Belmont, MI
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/138 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.