(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,266 posts
  • 1,090 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by Nicholastree
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg
dp16 (resized).jpg
IMG_2260 (resized).jpg
IMG_2259 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,266 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 326.
#6801 3 years ago

You can't go wrong with any version of Deadpool.

For me, I couldn't "justify" the additional $1,700 for the Premium. I added shaker, HD glass, external sub and several other mods and I still have over $1,000 leftover to go towards my next game!

#6802 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

You can't go wrong with any version of Deadpool.
For me, I couldn't "justify" the additional $1,700 for the Premium. I added shaker, HD glass, external sub and several other mods and I still have over $1,000 leftover to go towards my next game!

I'm the same. i actually advertised looking for a second hand prem to trade on my HUO Pro i bought new but still wouldn't pony up when i found how much of a premium the premium now has on it.

I have only one machine that's 'pimped' and DP pro was my first pinball machine.
Started with pinstadiums, it now has those and the comet light kit, lighted flipper buttons, flipper toppers, external sub, speaker lights, shaker motor etc etc.

I'm another one who's never played a premium or an LE to compare so can't give an opinion on anything but the value. As i said, i now own other machines in LE, but won't pony to trade up.

#6803 3 years ago

I've owned the Pro since Nov 2018 and have no regrets at all. It's probably not bolted to the floor, but I'll have a hard time selling it. I've played the premium and LE several times at different locations and yeah, they're a little little better...the diverter ramp, the pretty disco ball, etc..., but it wasn't and still isn't personally worth the extra $ to me.

But you can't go wrong with any version here. If you're fortunate enough to have the extra cash and don't have a wife asking WTF is wrong with you, pull the trigger for the extra bling.

The only people that will ever know there's even a different version of DP...or any of these newer pins, are pinheads. 99% of the people that have been to my house are like...holy shit, you have a pinball machines? Oh wow...Deadpool cool!!! lol

#6804 3 years ago

DP is my only game I have not modded. But for anyone with a 3D printer out there or a design brain can they produce brackets for wolverine and dazzler so they stand up straight. This was the biggest disappointment from stern for me. Stand up toys that are connected to the playfield plastics with zip ties. So cheap. Would be great if they were anchored down better.

#6805 3 years ago

Did anyone see the guy's post that used the talking head as a topper? He showed pictures and how he did it. I have been looking for a few days and I can't seem to find it. Maybe it was a pinside post or a Facebook group.

#6806 3 years ago

He deleted it after i was rude and nasty to him.

#6807 3 years ago

That sucks. I was trying to remember how he pulled power for it.

#6808 3 years ago

Yes it did. The post is still there above the shitfight a few pages back, you could PM and ask him.

#6809 3 years ago

This has been bugging me for a while, and I finally decided to throw it out there. There are three wizard modes coded into the game, but you only have to start two. The third one is a gimme...

Here are the Wizard mode qualifiers.

1) Finish the three modes the first time (Sauron is forced after, even if you drain after finishing the last mode)
2) Finish the two quests
3) Finish the three modes the second time
4) Start Mechsuit MB

1 and 2) Qualifies MegaKrak
1 and 3) Qualifies Mr. Sinister Clone MB
1, 2, 3 and 4) Qualifies Mr. Sinister Final Battle

No matter which route you take, when you finish the second Wizard Mode (either Mega or Clone depending), Final will be lit as soon as you finish. Maybe the designers were thinking that the Mechsuit requirement would be a separator, but I don't see how you could get two wizard modes out of the way without collecting 45 weapons.

Is this just a quirk in the code or something that should be changed in a potential update? If there is one...

#6810 3 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Premium spends less time in the pop bumpers and has fewer stalls into the shooter lane which adds to the flow.

The shooter lane re-feed drove me crazy, so I added a gate. Now if feeds back down to the right flipper.

DP_Gate (resized).pngDP_Gate (resized).png
#6811 3 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

The shooter lane re-feed drove me crazy, so I added a gate. Now if feeds back down to the right flipper.
[quoted image]

haha nice idea, but why did it bother you so much? you have the opportunity for another skillshot there.

#6812 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Buy the pro translite, problem solved.

Regarding the pro translite, I will never be able to look at mine the same way again after a question from my son the other day.
He said: -Dad why is there milk coming out of the lady boob?

(Check Dazzler to the left of Deadpools head and you will understand the question.)

#6813 3 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

[quoted image]

Only works on the pro but a worth while mod for that version. It drives me crazy too when I play the pro. I'd rather have the safe feed to my flipper than another hot up to the pops most of the time. Plus it just feels like it stops the flow for me. Maybe it's a premium thing but it doesn't make for another skill shot and I don't recall it doing that on a pro. It just auto plunges back up top.

#6814 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Only works on the pro but a worth while mod for that version. It drives me crazy too when I play the pro. I'd rather have the safe feed to my flipper than another hot up to the pops most of the time. Plus it just feels like it stops the flow for me. Maybe it's a premium thing but it doesn't make for another skill shot and I don't recall it doing that on a pro. It just auto plunges back up top.

Maybe mine is setup different, but it doesn’t go back to the pops. It goes around the orbit and sets up a super skill shot to the kitana ramp. A feature not included in the Prem/LE due to the shooter lane re-feed.

#6815 3 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Maybe mine is setup different, but it doesn’t go back to the pops. It goes around the orbit and sets up a super skill shot to the kitana ramp. A feature not included in the Prem/LE due to the shooter lane re-feed.

Does it still award 5M? Prem/LE has that same skill shot. I never go for it though as most of the time my locks are lit and I prefer to collect locks with the snikt shot.

#6816 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Does it still award 5M? Prem/LE has that same skill shot. I never go for it though as most of the time my locks are lit and I prefer to collect locks with the snikt shot.

Not sure on the reward but I think it’s the same 5M. My comment was more for the lane re-feed. On the Pro, when it goes back into the shooter lane, it ejects out to a left orbit and lights the opportunity for a super skill shot. The Prem/LE doesn’t have this due to no lane re-feed. Not saying it’s better, but it’s a part of the gameplay that you’d be missing with a gate. Also, more to say that it doesn’t go back to the pops, but has integrated code that provides an opportunity for reward.

#6817 3 years ago

So that was driving me nuts not knowing so I ran upstairs to test it out. Same works on prem/le, I just never noticed it activates the skill shot. Think it's because I always short plunge to the pops when it comes down there as I like getting as many ninja's as possible for bonus and added MB points. I may have to look at taking that skill shot though as it's 5m and does auto plunge all the way around. That shooter lane refeeds all the time on the prem/le just like the pro. Only time it goes all the way around is a left orbit shot, which on the pro stops in the pops due to the gate.

#6818 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

So that was driving me nuts not knowing so I ran upstairs to test it out. Same works on prem/le, I just never noticed it activates the skill shot. Think it's because I always short plunge to the pops when it comes down there as I like getting as many ninja's as possible for bonus and added MB points. I may have to look at taking that skill shot though as it's 5m and does auto plunge all the way around. That shooter lane refeeds all the time on the prem/le just like the pro. Only time it goes all the way around is a left orbit shot, which on the pro stops in the pops due to the gate.

Gotcha. For some reason I thought the Prem/LE ramp blocked the shooter lane from a re-feed. It’s been a minute since I’ve been able to play one with Expos closed due to COVID.

#6819 3 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

Regarding the pro translite, I will never be able to look at mine the same way again after a question from my son the other day.
(Check Dazzler to the left of Deadpools head and you will understand the question.)

That is clearly from the "Punch" to Mr. Sinister... at least I think it's supposed to be.

#6820 3 years ago

It doesn't go back to the pops, as said there's a gate at the top that opens and it goes back to the left flipper. If yours shoots to the pops there's a fault in the top gate.

That set's up three skill shots (that i know of), but i think they are only available from the plunge and you open the top gate (pro) by holding the left flipper up.

First one is straight from the left flipper up the katana for 5 mil. Second one os round the chimi loop to the left flipper again and then up the katana for 15 mil (acheivable) third one i seem to recall reading but haven't done is two chimi loops and then up the katana, but i may have imagined that and certainly have never done it, although i have scored the super secret 15mil.

#6821 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

It doesn't go back to the pops, as said there's a gate at the top that opens and it goes back to the left flipper. If yours shoots to the pops there's a fault in the top gate.
That set's up three skill shots (that i know of), but i think they are only available from the plunge and you open the top gate (pro) by holding the left flipper up.
First one is straight from the left flipper up the katana for 5 mil. Second one os round the chimi loop to the left flipper again and then up the katana for 15 mil (acheivable) third one i seem to recall reading but haven't done is two chimi loops and then up the katana, but i may have imagined that and certainly have never done it, although i have scored the super secret 15mil.

I confirmed proper action in post #6817. I just never let it auto plunge so didn't realize that was an option still. The last skill shot you are looking for is the one where it plunges to left flipper and you make the snikt shot. You can go right orbit to snikt shot for an even bigger payoff. I've never done it personally as I always seem to botch that live catch.

#6822 3 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

Haha! That HAS to be intentional. So funny...

#6823 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

There are two "super secret" skill shots. Plunge + Snikt, and Plunge + chimi loop + snikt. I've done the plunge to snikt once on accident. I tried for about three hours one night to do it again on purpose with no luck. The plunge + chimi loop + katana ramp is the MXV skill shot.

#6824 3 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

This has been bugging me for a while, and I finally decided to throw it out there. There are three wizard modes coded into the game, but you only have to start two. The third one is a gimme...
Here are the Wizard mode qualifiers.
1) Finish the three modes the first time (Sauron is forced after, even if you drain after finishing the last mode)
2) Finish the two quests
3) Finish the three modes the second time
4) Start Mechsuit MB
1 and 2) Qualifies MegaKrak
1 and 3) Qualifies Mr. Sinister Clone MB
1, 2, 3 and 4) Qualifies Mr. Sinister Final Battle
No matter which route you take, when you finish the second Wizard Mode (either Mega or Clone depending), Final will be lit as soon as you finish. Maybe the designers were thinking that the Mechsuit requirement would be a separator, but I don't see how you could get two wizard modes out of the way without collecting 45 weapons.
Is this just a quirk in the code or something that should be changed in a potential update? If there is one...

Not that it prevents playing back to back wizard modes, but if you turn off weapon stacking in the settings, it makes mech suit multiball much more lucrative and rewarding to get to. The downfall is it makes it harder to get perma pf multiplier, but perhaps turning weapon stacking on during mech suit could help that?

#6825 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Not that it prevents playing back to back wizard modes, but if you turn off weapon stacking in the settings, it makes mech suit multiball much more lucrative and rewarding to get to. The downfall is it makes it harder to get perma pf multiplier, but perhaps turning weapon stacking on during mech suit could help that?

It's not that it makes the game less fun to play due to the back-to-back Wizard Modes as it doesn't happen all that much, obviously. It just seems to be a weak spot in the code.

#6826 3 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

It's not that it makes the game less fun to play due to the back-to-back Wizard Modes as it doesn't happen all that much, obviously. It just seems to be a weak spot in the code.

Agree. But what’s even more worse than that is qualifying a wizard mode and not being allowed to play it because berserker rage or Katana Rama are running

#6827 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Agree. But what’s even more worse than that is qualifying a wizard mode and not being allowed to play it because berserker rage or Katana Rama are running

This times 1 Million percent. Seems like those two modes should allow stacking of wizard modes especially since you can stack them with regular modes. I also wish I could pass on Sauron when Mechsuit has been qualified like I can on a regular mode.

#6828 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

This times 1 Million percent. Seems like those two modes should allow stacking of wizard modes especially since you can stack them with regular modes. I also wish I could pass on Sauron when Mechsuit has been qualified like I can on a regular mode.

I have set the mode inactivity timer to allow me to trap up and time out (Berzerker Rage specifically). Huge quality of life adjustment.

#6829 3 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

I have set the mode inactivity timer to allow me to trap up and time out (Berzerker Rage specifically). Huge quality of life adjustment.

Good idea. I may try this too.

#6830 3 years ago

the loop shot is worth the money for the premium on its own.

#6831 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Good idea. I may try this too.

I love the rage!!

#6832 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I love the rage!!

I love it too! Especially with Lil DP 2, a quest, and ninja multiball. But, not so cool when it’s the only mode running and you know you have mech suit, Sauron, or megakraladonus Rex ready to go.

#6833 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I love it too! Especially with Lil DP 2, a quest, and ninja multiball. But, not so cool when it’s the only mode running and you know you have mech suit, Sauron, or megakraladonus Rex ready to go.

thats what i usually get... feels totally wrong to wait 40 seconds+ for your wizard mode

#6834 3 years ago

My lower left drop target has a hard time staying up when resetting. This results in the reset coil firing up to 3 times in quick succession before giving up.

I haven't looked at the mechanism yet, but any pointers on where to start? It's a fairly new machine with about 150 games on it so far.

#6835 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Haha! That HAS to be intentional. So funny...

Could be, makes you wonder at least.

#6836 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

That is clearly from the "Punch" to Mr. Sinister... at least I think it's supposed to be.

Isn't that Colossus?

#6837 3 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

My lower left drop target has a hard time staying up when resetting. This results in the reset coil firing up to 3 times in quick succession before giving up.
I haven't looked at the mechanism yet, but any pointers on where to start? It's a fairly new machine with about 150 games on it so far.

Either a bent target (bend it back the other way) or a broken "catch" shelf that the target rests on when it resets up. My guess it that the target has just bent away from making good contact with the shelf. Pull it up (higher than it would reset) and bend it forward.

#6838 3 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

Isn't that Colossus?

Colossus and Mr. Sinister do seem to look very similar on the artwork for Deadpool... but I think the Pro Translite is Mr. Sinister. He appears to have the "diamond" on his forehead and defeating Mr. Sinister is the "ultimate goal" of the game.

Also - why would Deadpool be punching Colossus when they are supposed to be teaming up to do the battles?

At least that's how I'm interpreting it, but I could be wrong.

#6839 3 years ago

I always thought that was Colssus which always kind of bothered me. He’s always on Deadpool’s side in the pinball game but I know it’s not the case in the comics and the movies. I originally planned on getting the Pro translite for my premium machine but ended up loving the Premium translite.

Quoted from awesome1:

Colossus and Mr. Sinister do seem to look very similar on the artwork for Deadpool... but I think the Translite is Mr. Sinister. He appears to have the "diamond" on his forehead and defeating Mr. Sinister is the "ultimate goal" of the game.
Also - why would Deadpool be punching Colossus when they are supposed to be teaming up to do the battles?
At least that's how I'm interpreting it, but I could be wrong.

#6840 3 years ago

I have a March 2020 build. Can I confirm that I have the anti-sway bar installed for the snikt target. The bracket looks exactly like the pinballlife anti-sway target except there isn't a notch cut out and a connector between the 2 sides. I've attached pictures of both sides of the bracket.

IMG_20200815_111731 (resized).jpgIMG_20200815_111731 (resized).jpgIMG_20200815_111741 (resized).jpgIMG_20200815_111741 (resized).jpg
#6841 3 years ago
Quoted from Zambonilli:

I have a March 2020 build. Can I confirm that I have the anti-sway bar installed for the snikt target. The bracket looks exactly like the pinballlife anti-sway target except there isn't a notch cut out and a connector between the 2 sides. I've attached pictures of both sides of the bracket.[quoted image][quoted image]

That looks like a "regular" target bracket to me. The bend on the rear bracket helps with strength and rigidity, but not side to side motion which the cut out and connector provide on the anti-sway version.

#6842 3 years ago
Quoted from Zambonilli:

I have a March 2020 build. Can I confirm that I have the anti-sway bar installed for the snikt target. The bracket looks exactly like the pinballlife anti-sway target except there isn't a notch cut out and a connector between the 2 sides. I've attached pictures of both sides of the bracket.[quoted image][quoted image]

Check out my earlier post and the one after it:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/133#post-5747918

You May have one but not of Snikt, it may be on jackpot. Swap them. The link shows the correct bracket.

#6843 3 years ago

There were a variety of “extra” items included with my DP Premium. Things like replacement stickers for some of the standups, the Pro plastic figures with hardware (DP in hammock, Colossus, etc..), and several round pieces. Are these round pieces also part of the Pro model?

IMG_20200815_193456 (resized).jpgIMG_20200815_193456 (resized).jpg
#6844 3 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

There were a variety of “extra” items included with my DP Premium. Things like replacement stickers for some of the standups, the Pro plastic figures with hardware (DP in hammock, Colossus, etc..), and several round pieces. Are these round pieces also part of the Pro model?
[quoted image]

You can put those on your keychain or whatnot...

#6845 3 years ago

Hey Fellow DP owners.

Just curious how many of you have the same moon surface playfield like I do.

I’m not trying to ask about dimples.

I already know “dimples are part of pinball” but that’s such bull crap.

I bought my DP premium when it was released in 2018 and I talked to Stern from day one when I received it about the dimples on my playfield. I sent pics plus videos and they couldn’t care less. I couldn’t even get my distributor to send me a new playfield on a brand new game (also BS) but not there fault. I think they offered a little discount that was about it.

So I accepted it, way back then. I love my DP pin but hate the fact that my playfield looks like it does. So freaking disappointing. Haven’t bought another new stern since.

I just try not to pay attention to it but man.... anytime I take pictures of my pin it just looks like shit and it brings that disappointing feeling back all over again. Sometimes it bugs me so much I actually think about selling it. Anyone else feel this way or is it just me. Fortunately I haven’t had any clear pooling or playfield chipping but I’m afraid to really look!

I recently bought new apron cards and took some pics of them to send to a friend and just noticed how bad the playfield looks and how much it has has gotten worse. Below is a pic of my DP with the apron cards and a pic of my almost 29 year old T2 with new apron cards.

You be the judge...

Wow.... apparently on pinside clicking a picture and zooming in on a pic is big deal...

D14281D8-B9AB-4D9B-B5BE-39C13F57F1BA (resized).jpegD14281D8-B9AB-4D9B-B5BE-39C13F57F1BA (resized).jpegAE8D3307-C5E0-493A-94F2-5A2BFADE3067 (resized).jpegAE8D3307-C5E0-493A-94F2-5A2BFADE3067 (resized).jpeg

E6FCC0D4-6EA1-4161-BDB5-14AA5AA007B0 (resized).pngE6FCC0D4-6EA1-4161-BDB5-14AA5AA007B0 (resized).png
#6846 3 years ago

I can't see anything from that photo. My playfield on Deadpool is worse than my other sterns, but it doesn't affect play, and unless you're looking for it you don't see it so?

Just seems like a non issue if it's not damaging it or affecting the ball.

#6847 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I can't see anything from that photo. My playfield on Deadpool is worse than my other sterns, but it doesn't affect play, and unless you're looking for it you don't see it so?
Just seems like a non issue if it's not damaging it or affecting the ball.

Um, did you try clicking the picture and zooming in?

#6848 3 years ago

umm no. if you need to zoom you should have done that once so everyone doesn't have to do it themselves. your story bro.

#6849 3 years ago

The loudest glass bangs on any of my machines by far. Mech suit, aim for SNKT, hit a ball coming out of the scoop. BANG! Playfield has dimples everwhere because the steel ball will always win. I'm just glad that the glass stays intact.

#6850 3 years ago

Thanks awesome1 and gumnut01 for the feedback. I'll install the anti-sway bracket I ordered from pinball life next weekend when my cliffys are here as well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Machine - For Sale
Belmont, MI
6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

There are 16,266 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/137?hl=birdforce1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.