(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,295 posts
  • 1,092 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 hours ago by Magicman
  • Topic is favorited by 557 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 326.
#6751 3 years ago

Curious if anyone else is Deadpool is running on 1.03 code mine came from stern like that I know the update has been at 1.02 have had mine now for six months figured they would have updated it but they have not

#6752 3 years ago

Delete

#6753 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinman502:

Curious if anyone else is Deadpool is running on 1.03 code mine came from stern like that I know the update has been at 1.02 have had mine now for six months figured they would have updated it but they have not

1.03 is only for machines with the interlock switch inside the coin door. There is no other differences between that and 1.02. We are all patiently waiting for 1.04.

#6754 3 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

1.03 is only for machines with the interlock switch inside the coin door. There is no other differences between that and 1.02. We are all patiently waiting for 1.04.

This. There are some differences in the node programming due to the interlock switch dropping high voltages but gameplay is the same.

#6755 3 years ago

Checking out a DP LE for sale tomorrow. Is there anything I should pay special attention to? It only has a few plays.

#6756 3 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Checking out a DP LE for sale tomorrow. Is there anything I should pay special attention to? It only has a few plays.

If it was me:
- Under the drop down ramp in the right orbit. This is where mine wore through to the wood in only 200 plays due to them not putting mylar down and the ramp not being installed correctly. Probably a fluke but I suggest it to everyone looking at a Prem/LE now.
- Katana Lock Ramp entrance by the little Deadpool drop bank. On some games the ball guide was digging into the PF causing wear. Easy fix with a washer and mylar if it's not already bad.
- Little Deadpool plastics. Look for cracks or breaks.
- Hell House Plastic above the scoop. Loo for cracks or breaks.
- Hell House Scoop. Common for the protector to be broken.
- Left ramp plastic. Look for cracks or breaks.
- Look to make sure the goodie bag still has all the "pro" plastics in it.
- Check the front of the cabinet underneath where the coindoor is located. My seam separated there on both my DP and Maiden. Stupid easy to reglue and fix but something to know about if you are paying top dollar. You can feel this by lightly pulling the bottom edge of the front panel of the cabinet to see if their is any flex or separation.

Outside of the above just the standard scan of the PF for possible issues either due to MFG or owner neglect, Cabinet blemishes and hack jobs for mods done that may have been removed.

Only the first two in the above list would be of any real concern to me if it was present. Cracked/broken plastics happen and are easy to replace, same with the scoop protector (It will break at some point anyway). But if those are present then you can at least figure out if the price matches the condition or if you need to negotiate a bit. Best of luck. DP is one of my favorites.

#6757 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

If it was me:
- Under the drop down ramp in the right orbit. This is where mine wore through to the wood in only 200 plays due to them not putting mylar down and the ramp not being installed correctly. Probably a fluke but I suggest it to everyone looking at a Prem/LE now.
- Katana Lock Ramp entrance by the little Deadpool drop bank. On some games the ball guide was digging into the PF causing wear. Easy fix with a washer and mylar if it's not already bad.
- Little Deadpool plastics. Look for cracks or breaks.
- Hell House Plastic above the scoop. Loo for cracks or breaks.
- Hell House Scoop. Common for the protector to be broken.
- Left ramp plastic. Look for cracks or breaks.
- Look to make sure the goodie bag still has all the "pro" plastics in it.
- Check the front of the cabinet underneath where the coindoor is located. My seam separated there on both my DP and Maiden. Stupid easy to reglue and fix but something to know about if you are paying top dollar. You can feel this by lightly pulling the bottom edge of the front panel of the cabinet to see if their is any flex or separation.
Outside of the above just the standard scan of the PF for possible issues either due to MFG or owner neglect, Cabinet blemishes and hack jobs for mods done that may have been removed.
Only the first two in the above list would be of any real concern to me if it was present. Cracked/broken plastics happen and are easy to replace, same with the scoop protector (It will break at some point anyway). But if those are present then you can at least figure out if the price matches the condition or if you need to negotiate a bit. Best of luck. DP is one of my favorites.

Awesome, thanks a lot! I owned a DP Pro and loved it, only sold it with an LE in mind in the future, so I'm pretty excited.

#6758 3 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Make sure the Vinyl LP is there.

#6759 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I didn't have the same level of success as wildbill327 with just tightening the screws, but the Anti-Sway bracket costs less than $5 and takes less than 10 minutes to install.

In my experience, it will also lean a very minor amount, but not near as much as the normal bracket.

Otherwise as ty-arnold mentioned, you can keep pushing it back, but then the shot can become inconsistent depending on the target location.

When replacing the target with the new one where did you get the decal for the target to replace?

#6760 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

When replacing the target with the new one where did you get the decal for the target to replace?

The bracket doesn't replace the target itself. It unscrews from the switch stack.

#6761 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

The bracket doesn't replace the target itself. It unscrews from the switch stack.

Oh maybe I am looking at the wrong product then, can someone link to what they are buying to replace it?

#6763 3 years ago

I went to order the anti sway bracket from Pinball Life and they are not using USPS for shipping right now because of Covid causing late deliveries. So UPS min shipping is over $14.00. Not worth it unless you can put together a large order. So I'll wait..

#6764 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I went to order the anti sway bracket from Pinball Life and they are not using USPS for shipping right now because of Covid causing late deliveries. So UPS or FedX min shipping is over $15.00. Not worth it unless you can put together a large order. So I'll wait..

Get:
1 - https://www.pinballlife.com/deadpool-left-ramp-plastic-protector.html
2 (you're going to need them anyways at some point) - https://www.pinballlife.com/flipper-coil-stop-for-sternsega.html
1 - https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-spike-2-headphone-jack-assembly.html
1 - https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=BK3

Spending other people's money so much fun

#6766 3 years ago

From TMNT game code 1.11 read me file, released earlier this week :

"Fixed the monospacing of some score fonts."

TMNT and Deadpool share the same framework, the Dwight's one. Then, we can hope that Deadpool will benefit soon from this needed and awaited fix.

#6767 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I went to order the anti sway bracket from Pinball Life and they are not using USPS for shipping right now because of Covid causing late deliveries. So UPS min shipping is over $14.00. Not worth it unless you can put together a large order. So I'll wait..

I posted this before.

You should already have one.

I had an anti sway installed by Stern. But it was on the colossus jackpot target. Just swap the brackets.

#6768 3 years ago

Will these work on all stand up targets? Small, square, rectangle?

I know the 3D printed brackets sold by people like mezelmods require different brackets for different targets.

#6769 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I posted this before.
You should already have one.
I had an anti sway installed by Stern. But it was on the colossus jackpot target. Just swap the brackets.

My SNIKT is working fine, so I'll wait for now, but thanks. Good to know!

#6770 3 years ago

Joined the Deadpool LE club yesterday with #42. Only had 8 plays on it. Didn't find any issues with it so far, plays good, needs some minor tweaks.

20200806_203418 (resized).jpg20200806_203418 (resized).jpg
#6771 3 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Joined the Deadpool LE club yesterday with #42. Only had 8 plays on it. Didn't find any issues with it so far, plays good, needs some minor tweaks.
[quoted image]

Damn, great find!

#6772 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I know the 3D printed brackets sold by people like mezelmods require different brackets for different targets.

I would assume they will work on just about any target. At least any that use that standard type of stack.

#6773 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

My experience with the Mezel Mods "Target Splint" is that it didn't help in any way to stop the leaning of the Snikt target. The Pinball Life "Anti Sway" bracket works very well.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#6774 3 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

[quoted image]

8 plays!? That has to be a record!?

#6775 3 years ago

Finally took the time to install cliffys protection .
It was overdue, especially for the launching rail and the drop target lil dp.
I had a good play two weeks ago where I managed to perform SNIKT 3 times in a row on ball 1, like three button press then ninja multiball with x4 playfield score.. So enjoyable game

#6776 3 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Joined the Deadpool LE club yesterday with #42. Only had 8 plays on it.
[quoted image]

So someone bought an LE and put 8 plays on it and sold it?
Must have been the harsh language!
"I said balls"

#6777 3 years ago

Anyone know what red post rubbers I need to order? I'm not ready for a whole shop out but my post rubbers near lil Deadpool are beat up. Clearly I'm a terrible shot and the only thing I can hit are the post. I'm try to make sure they match the rest and don't look goofy.

#6778 3 years ago

I installed standard red post rubber sleeves in mine. They'll look fine and they are far thicker than the crap Stern installed. But on my ACNC I installed Titan post sleeves (silicone). Titan also makes beveled post sleeves. With beveled, the thinner end goes down so as to reduce air balls. They are really tough and outlasted the Perfect Play post rubbers from Pinball Life by far. I would recommend the red Titans on Deadpool for the whole game. But the kit I ordered didn't include post sleeves so you have to add them.

#6779 3 years ago

I just added an NIB Deadpool Premium to the collection and I'm loving it so far! This is my second pin and I couldn't be happier

I did notice though, that a couple of times two balls would be ejected into the shooter trough. That doesn't seem right and I was wondering if anybody would have any recommendations of things I should check

#6780 3 years ago

Anyone have the Cliffy protector set for Deadpool? I asked for an invoice for the full Deadpool set from him, assuming it was just the shooting lane protector, and it came back with $75USD worth of kit.

Deadpool Hellhouse scoop
3-bank drop target
katana ball guide nub fix
2pc shooter eject protectors
outhole (drain)

Are all these necessary? Let me know what you guys think. With shipping it'll cost me around $120CAD which is hard to swallow for some metal protectors IMO.

#6781 3 years ago
Quoted from cloggedDrain:

I just added an NIB Deadpool Premium to the collection and I'm loving it so far! This is my second pin and I couldn't be happier
I did notice though, that a couple of times two balls would be ejected into the shooter trough. That doesn't seem right and I was wondering if anybody would have any recommendations of things I should check

Really only 2 things you could try:
- Reseat the connectors on the ball through and the jam switch
- Adjust the power of the ball kick out down. Sometimes this helps as if it's to strong sometimes the ball will bounce back and the game will kick another as it thinks the ball is jambed.

#6782 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Anyone have the Cliffy protector set for Deadpool? I asked for an invoice for the full Deadpool set from him, assuming it was just the shooting lane protector, and it came back with $75USD worth of kit.
Deadpool Hellhouse scoop
3-bank drop target
outhole (drain)
Are all these necessary? Let me know what you guys think. With shipping it'll cost me around $120CAD which is hard to swallow for some metal protectors IMO.

If your looking to protect your investment, it’s worth it. I have Cliffy’s in all my stern pins.

#6783 3 years ago

I know its an old question but people have had their games long enough now I'm guessing to make an informed opinion.

Pro or extra coin for the premium? A few thoughts. Cheers

#6784 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I know its an old question but people have had their games long enough now I'm guessing to make an informed opinion.

Premium. No question. Totally the way to go for Deadpool.

#6785 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Pro all you are really missing in it is the full left orbit and disco ball synced with the game. Not worth the extra cost of the premium imo, most games I would say go premium though. Also the pro has the better art work by far, fight me.

#6786 3 years ago

Love Deadpool Pro! Great game, I've put almost 3000 games on mine in 11 months!

Yes, the Pro definitely has the best art package!

#6787 3 years ago
Quoted from gecko157:

Pro all you are really missing in it is the full left orbit and disco ball synced with the game. Not worth the extra cost of the premium imo, most games I would say go premium though. Also the pro has the better art work by far, fight me.

Buy the pro translite, problem solved. That's what I did.

Your list glosses over quite a bit that the Prem has the Pro does not:
Disco ball keyed to modes
Ramp on right side enabling full orbit and return to right flipper
Molded figurines WITH SPOTLIGHTS
Chimi truck
Actual drop targets instead of crappy standups
Controlled gates over the pop bumpers

The play experience on a Premium is way better than a Pro. I thought I hated Deadpool after playing only the pro. Found out I didn't hate the game, only the pro version of it after playing and loving an LE. Premium is the better experience, hands down.

#6788 3 years ago

I did not play the premium, but I'm happy with my pro. Why did i choose the pro?

- The diverter just changes the ball feed from one side to the other for the left orbit. no problem, because you can just let it dead bounce instead, or even drop catch it with the left flipper... post passes are also easy on this game, so no need for the right flipper feed.

- Drop targets can cause brickshots, fast bounces SDTM or to the outlains if you hit them from the sides. (i know this from TWD)

- I dont like the Artwork

Molded figurines and discoball would be nice, but you can also buy those later much cheaper...

I am not sure what Pin Monk means by "controlled gates over the pops", because i can controll them too at the beginning of each ball for the skillshot.

best value on the pro imo

#6789 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I did not play the premium

Um...

Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

post passes are also easy on this game, so no need for the right flipper feed.

Post pass stops the flow. Not a substitute for a full proper orbit feed to the right flipper. Play a Premium and you'll see.

Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Drop targets can cause brickshots, fast bounces SDTM or to the outlains if you hit them from the sides. (i know this from TWD)

Not the case on Deadpool. The angle isn't the same at TWD. Play a Premium and you'll see.

Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Molded figurines and discoball would be nice, but you can also buy those later much cheaper...

No you can't. You can have the LOOK of a discoball, but it's not a game controlled ball that works with disco mode. Play a premium and you'll see.

#6790 3 years ago

Played LE and bought the pro. Both are great game, no bad choice there.
And cliffy is really needed as deadpool playfield are the softer I've in my collection, a lot of issue on clear, around katana entrance, drop target and shooting lane.

#6791 3 years ago

I went with the pro and no regrets. I have a buddy with a Premium who came and saw my pro. He questioned if his purchase was worth it after seeing the pro.

#6792 3 years ago

It seems a winner either way. I do like the reverse ramp to return to flipper. So 11 drop targets in all on the premium?That’s pretty cool. Cheers for the advice guys. I kind of like the shark art on the premium but prefer the pro translite easy.

Also just watching a stream trying to help decide. How the hell do you qualify permanent 2x pf?

#6793 3 years ago

The flow of the premium and Le is awesome. Imagine having one of your favourite orbit shots taken out of a game you love. You also miss out on disco loops. A awesome mode. The disco ball is fantastic. With the lights off it’s as fun as AFM strobe multiball (nearly). I do like the drop targets on the side. Helps with battling juggernaut and relighting dead. Just like the supplies drops in TWD.

It’s one of those things where I’m not going to convince pro owners and vice versa. I also love my TWD pro and would not waste money on a premium or Le. Now there’s another debate for a different thread. Btw, I think deadpool is still better....

#6794 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

How the hell do you qualify permanent 2x pf?

100 weapons.

Premium spends less time in the pop bumpers and has fewer stalls into the shooter lane which adds to the flow.

#6795 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Deadpool Hellhouse scoop
3-bank drop target
outhole (drain)

I had the full kit installed on my LE. It’s a worthwhile investment.

#6796 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Anyone have the Cliffy protector set for Deadpool?

- The scoop protector on mine was split on both sides causing rejects like crazy. The factory one is cheap crap. So this is a must!
- Also my playfield was chipped at the katana ball guide and the Cliffy covered it there and raised the guide as well so it no longer scratches the clear coat. But a washer and Mylar will do the same.
- Shooter Lane protectors are always a good idea. But you can just cut a Mylar for that.
- I just install Mylar at out holes.

#6797 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

To me, I'd rather spend the extra money on mods for the pro. $800.00 USD gets a lot of nice mods! And you still save a lot of money. But if money is not an issue to you, go Prem/LE. I like the art package on pro much better.
P.S.
I keep my games for a long time, so don't mind loosing some money on mods on the resale. I like to make pins my own. Modding is the funnest part for me.

#6798 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I've played each exstensively now as both leagues I used to play in before Covid had Pro's and I have a prem at home.

Tough one there for me. I'm normally a Prem/LE all the way type of person. For Deadpool I go back and forth on if I should have got a pro over my prem. In some stances I like the simplicity of the pro better and I love being able to park balls into the pops during MB's. Plus the bonus on this game can get STUPID big and with the pro it is much easier to get bonus X as every shot to the left orbit goes into the pops. On the Prem most shots to the left orbit will flow back to the right flipper unless you are in specific modes (most notably Sabertooth modes). I really think they should use that full orbit shot less so it feels more rewarding when it happens. Like maybe only use it in combos and some modes. As it stands if you are good with the left orbit shot you really can pull the old Avengers routine and just shoot it all game and get disco loops and disco MB repeatedly.

I still prefer the prem though as the left orbit to right flipper, rinse and repeat can make for some good flow and rewarding shots, at the end of the day. I know it's cliche' but I think this game is one of the few to where I really lean on budget on your decision. The disco ball really does add to the feel of the game (especially disco MB, it just feels perfect to have it in that mode). The drops, I could give or take them and I actually lean to preferring the stand ups more on this title but they don't hinder the game in any way. The little extra's here and there just add up to the game experience for me thus why I chose the prem.

#6799 3 years ago

For me I played both the pro and the premium one night. Pro at a mates place and premium on site. I enjoyed the pro but the premium just felt like pure kinetic satisfaction on that left loop. Yes it’s more money for 1x shot but damn it feels soooo much better coming back to your flipper! Other than that the game is the same. The disco ball is cool. The stand ups make the game play faster and deadlier. The drop targets take away some of the speed but drop targets are always fun. But for me that 1x left loop shot is the deal breaker and made me buy he premium

#6800 3 years ago

I bought a nicely modded HUO pro for $5000. Shaker, speaker lights, external volume/headphone jack, mirror blades, Cliffy in the shooter lane... I absolutely love it. I would have considered a Premium, but I've yet to see one for sale near me (pro was 20 minutes away) and the money I saved means I'll be getting another pin sooner than later.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rochester, NH
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 64.99
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bay Area, CA
$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/136?hl=soulstoner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.