(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,265 posts
  • 1,090 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by BurntBiscuit
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg
dp16 (resized).jpg
IMG_2260 (resized).jpg
IMG_2259 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,265 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 326.
#6701 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I'm surprised nobody has put fake blood on theirs yet!
Rob

The Deadpools I’ve seen are more often than not close to factory, which is unusual for pinheads, I’m waiting any minute for pictures of TMNT owners who have cramped figures of every turtle character around the playfield

Reason I asked about the ramp, is I’m sure I saw someone who had chromed or polished their katana I just can’t seem to find it now.

#6702 3 years ago

Still can’t find what side the anti glare coating is on the HD glass. I think it is both sides. My phone light is reflected green on both sides when I shine it through. Happy if that is the case but would really love if someone could confirm.

#6703 3 years ago

TMNT(Stern) arrived at home, and now I dream of a coop mode on deadpool and JP ..
wish Stern will make it a common feature on their title and add it in the next updates.
If someone can make it happen, please !! family loves it

#6704 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

The Deadpools I’ve seen are more often than not close to factory, which is unusual for pinheads, I’m waiting any minute for pictures of TMNT owners who have cramped figures of every turtle character around the playfield
Reason I asked about the ramp, is I’m sure I saw someone who had chromed or polished their katana I just can’t seem to find it now.

I'm pretty sure I've seen one too. I tried to hand polish mine which didn't come out near as good as I had thought it would. Once Covid allows things to open back up locally, I'm planning to get mine chromed or at least powder coated.

#6705 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I'm pretty sure I've seen one too. I tried to hand polish mine which didn't come out near as good as I had thought it would. Once Covid allows things to open back up locally, I'm planning to get mine chromed or at least powder coated.

You have to go with chrome it would look awesome!

#6706 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Still can’t find what side the anti glare coating is on the HD glass. I think it is both sides. My phone light is reflected green on both sides when I shine it through. Happy if that is the case but would really love if someone could confirm.

I haven't noticed a directional difference on my HD sheet, which I've had for a couple years now. I also have an Invisiglass on my TZ and that sheet has "Invisiglass" printed on it, so you can tell proper direction.

#6707 3 years ago

Thanks to those of you who have reached out. I've started thinking about making a few of these. I still need to drill the holes in these, but thought I'd share the progress. The daytime beach version didn't turn out like I wanted, and I'm not the biggest fan of the nighttime beach, but someone may be. I'm also going to revise the cracked asphalt "street" back to the original one as the "ramp turnaround" is a little dark for my liking.

However, if anyone is interested in these (again, they are made of metal, so no cracking or breaking), please send me a PM (and which version you like) so that I can better gauge interest. They would come with the holes drilled and (2) screws/nuts for mounting the "DP in a hammock" plastic. That would not be included. Thinking around $15 + shipping a piece.

Appreciate the comments!

Edit, also included photos from my prototype to show it with the DP plastic and in game for those that may have missed it previously.

IMG_0410 (resized).JPEGIMG_0410 (resized).JPEGIMG_0411 (resized).JPEGIMG_0411 (resized).JPEG

IMG_0365 (resized).JPEGIMG_0365 (resized).JPEGIMG_0367 (resized).JPEGIMG_0367 (resized).JPEG

#6708 3 years ago

So I swapped the jackpot target with the Snikt target so that the snikt target now has the anti-sway bracket. Hmmm....

I can now get Snikt on the fly and my wife got a 4x going which was great.

But. I can’t hit the sucker from a cradle. I can hit it but it just bounces up or has no momentum going up the ramp and fails. On the fly it’s awesome. Great going down the left inlane and hitting it but not from a stop. A bit perplexed. Wonder if there is less give in it now. Will keep checking. I have not adjusted holes. I remember reading someone else had a issue with cradled hits to Snikt.

Here is with the old bracket

2CFDB153-CE82-429D-8AB6-D180CE48C5D2 (resized).jpeg2CFDB153-CE82-429D-8AB6-D180CE48C5D2 (resized).jpeg

Here is the target with the new anti sway bracket installed. 37E91BAC-AB3B-4287-9B31-3A33A2141652 (resized).jpeg37E91BAC-AB3B-4287-9B31-3A33A2141652 (resized).jpeg5EC98B9B-86E8-49F5-A315-8FC883989995 (resized).jpeg5EC98B9B-86E8-49F5-A315-8FC883989995 (resized).jpeg

It appears the new bracket has brought the target back down the playfield. Also the target is now parallel with the playfield black line around the target, whereas before it was angled more towards the flipper. That seems to affect cradle vs on the fly success.

Anyone able to advise? I’m not sure whether the anti sway is a step in the right direction. Maybe the screws in the vertical part holding the switch need to be loosened to give a bit more play? Anyway will test.

#6709 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

So I swapped the jackpot target with the Snikt target so that the snikt target now has the anti-sway bracket. Hmmm....
I can now get Snikt on the fly and my wife got a 4x going which was great.
But. I can’t hit the sucker from a cradle. I can hit it but it just bounces up or has no momentum going up the ramp and fails. On the fly it’s awesome. Great going down the left inlane and hitting it but not from a stop. A bit perplexed. Wonder if there is less give in it now. Will keep checking. I have not adjusted holes. I remember reading someone else had a issue with cradled hits to Snikt.
Here is with the old bracket
[quoted image]
Here is the target with the new anti sway bracket installed. [quoted image][quoted image]
It appears the new bracket has brought the target back down the playfield. Also the target is now parallel with the playfield black line around the target, whereas before it was angled more towards the flipper. That seems to affect cradle vs on the fly success.
Anyone able to advise? I’m not sure whether the anti sway is a step in the right direction. Maybe the screws in the vertical part holding the switch need to be loosened to give a bit more play? Anyway will test.

Similar issue here. My new anti-sway bracket from pinball life works but I'm only able to get snkkt ramp shots on the fly. Also, I feel like the target is still overlapping the metal ball guide just a tad. I really don't like the idea of drilling new holes to reposition farther from the guide. Anyways, that's what I'm living with.

20200713_180911 (resized).jpg20200713_180911 (resized).jpg

#6710 3 years ago
Quoted from durgee7:

Same exact issue here. My new anti-sway bracket from pinball life works but I'm only able to get snkkt ramp shots on the fly. Also, I feel like the target is still overlapping the metal ball guide just a tad. I really don't like the idea of drilling new holes to reposition farther from the guide. Anyways, that's what I'm living with.
[quoted image]

Damn!

And I never ever had airballs before....

Thanks it’s good to know I’m not the only one.

#6711 3 years ago

Funny thing is if George G actually said the target is only designed to be hit on the fly then I would be happy with that! Otherwise one could just cradle and hit it all day and get multipliers up before starting a multiball or battle. Where is the fun in that? Will live with it for a while but happy to receive further insight.

#6712 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Funny thing is if George G actually said the target is only designed to be hit on the fly then I would be happy with that! Otherwise one could just cradle and hit it all day and get multipliers up before starting a multiball or battle. Where is the fun in that? Will live with it for a while but happy to receive further insight.

Agreed. I would enjoy hitting this shot maybe once every two games as opposed to once every six.

#6713 3 years ago

The target is supposed to be inline with the guide so you are good there. If you can slide it back towards the guide more it will help with cradle shots. Right now its flexing to much so the extra give is causing your issue when from a cradle. On the roll it has less power (at least on my game) and thus less give. I have mine against the guide while at rest. I had to expand the bracket hole to achieve that though. I've seen some out dead foam between guide and target. The more rigid it is the more consistent you can be. Hope that makes sense.

#6714 3 years ago
Quoted from durgee7:

Similar issue here. My new anti-sway bracket from pinball life works but I'm only able to get snkkt ramp shots on the fly. Also, I feel like the target is still overlapping the metal ball guide just a tad. I really don't like the idea of drilling new holes to reposition farther from the guide. Anyways, that's what I'm living with.
[quoted image]

According to Gomez, overlapping the metal guide a smidge is correct. Check the key post index for this thread.

#6715 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

The target is supposed to be inline with the guide so you are good there. If you can slide it back towards the guide more it will help with cradle shots. Right now its flexing to much so the extra give is causing your issue when from a cradle. On the roll it has less power (at least on my game) and thus less give. I have mine against the guide while at rest. I had to expand the bracket hole to achieve that though. I've seen some out dead foam between guide and target. The more rigid it is the more consistent you can be. Hope that makes sense.

Quoted from PinMonk:

According to Gomez, overlapping the metal guide a smidge is correct. Check the key post index for this thread.

Ok. Will check. Thanks.

#6716 3 years ago

If you’re shooting it from a cradle, try not to hammer fist the button too hard, give it a lighter touch; Finesse....easier said than done of course

#6717 3 years ago

now that i fixed my snikt shot with the airball protector, i wanted to make the game even more enjoyable. i hate the feed coming from the middle wolverine shot to the left orbit, and the ball often bricks back there in both directions. the problem is the lazy ballguide design- just existent on the outside, but not under the left ramp. i made green circles in one image so you can see the two brickshot causing edges.
basically i tried to make a connection from one edge to the other. i pinched the plastic in there. its easily removeable, but for the first installation i would recommend to remove the left ramp. No single brick shot so far. let me know if have any questions.

i would love to be able to dead bounce from the left feed, but its always risky because of the flippers geometry, resulting in high bounicing balls from the right flipper eventually going SDTM. Live catches or just raising the left flipper often results in a right outlane drain. do you have any ideas for me?
i'm at 7° perfectly leveled.

IMG_20200724_125603 (resized).jpgIMG_20200724_125603 (resized).jpgIMG_20200724_133840 (resized).jpgIMG_20200724_133840 (resized).jpgIMG_20200724_134807 (resized).jpgIMG_20200724_134807 (resized).jpg
#6718 3 years ago

Are there any custom PB sound packages for Deadpool? Nolan North has done a lot of Deadpool stuff with plenty of R rated stuff out there, curious if anyone has done anything?

#6719 3 years ago
#6720 3 years ago

Final update on these since I don't want to dominate the thread (I'll be creating a Marketplace ad soon once I catch up with the current interest). I tweaked the art a bit to make it look like DP smeared the ketchup/sauce (blood?) from the chimis to create his logo. Pretty happy with how this turned out. Also, I'll only be making these "street" versions since I wasn't too happy with how the beach scenes turned out. Again, they are metal, so no cracking or breaking.

Appreciate all the interest and feel free to shoot me a PM.

IMG_0417 (resized).JPEGIMG_0417 (resized).JPEG
IMG_0428 (resized).JPEGIMG_0428 (resized).JPEG

#6721 3 years ago

I don't think DP has a flipper power adjustment?

Rob

#6722 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I don't think DP has a flipper power adjustment?
Rob

It does not. I added an additional plunger spring which can be seen in Post 5819. This feels just right on my machine, but it's also the reason I created the ramp mod shown right above this post. It's only a matter of time before that plastic breaks due to the breakneck speed of the ball. Stern started placing a stock plastic protector on the machine, but that just breaks first, then the plastic. Really a shame that there isn't an adjustment.

#6723 3 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

It does not. I added an additional plunger spring which can be seen in Post 5819. This feels just right on my machine, but it's also the reason I created the ramp mod shown right above this post. It's only a matter of time before that plastic breaks due to the breakneck speed of the ball. Stern started placing a stock plastic protector on the machine, but that just breaks first, then the plastic. Really a shame that there isn't an adjustment.

I didn't realize that we couldn't adjust flipper power on Spike 2. I haven't had Deadpool very long and never tried adjusting flipper power. I will try your extra flipper spring idea as I have some in my parts box. But I already have two broken plastics and a new set is just stupid expensive! Did you ever get flipper fade with this extra spring imposing more load on solenoid?

#6724 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I didn't realize that we couldn't adjust flipper power on Spike 2. I haven't had Deadpool very long and never tried adjusting flipper power. I will try your extra flipper spring idea as I have some in my parts box. But I already have two broken plastics and a new set is just stupid expensive! Did you ever get flipper fade with this extra spring imposing more load on solenoid?

I feel it plays better now and my slope is at 7*. No fade that I've experienced. I can still hit the snikt shot with relative ease from a cradle (which I consider to be the most power intensive shot in the game), so no issues here.

#6725 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I didn't realize that we couldn't adjust flipper power on Spike 2.

You actually can but they didn't put in the code for DP for some reason. That's been part of the gripe with the code of this game and the hope for an update is more adjustment ability as well as high score/achievement tables.

#6726 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

You actually can but they didn't put in the code for DP for some reason. That's been part of the gripe with the code of this game and the hope for an update is more adjustment ability as well as high score/achievement tables.

Ahh! Got it.

#6727 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I didn't realize that we couldn't adjust flipper power on Spike 2.

It's up to the game programmer to put these options in, but you would think something like this should be a default inclusion on all the games. I think DP could really use a flipper power adjustment because they are a bit too strong.

Rob

#6728 3 years ago

Hello. My Deadpool premium should be arriving in about a week (first pinball machine - I am on the list to get my 2nd, a Jurassic Park in September) and I had a couple of questions. How difficult is it to install a shaker motor and is it worth it (both in general and specifically for Deadpool)? I have tinkered around with home PC’s but never Pinball machine. Second question, the other thing I was thinking about doing was installing the Deadpool music replacement mod that I found on Pinside. If I put the mod on a new sd card, am I able to switch back and forth between the two and if so do I lose high scores? Thanks in advance for any help; I am really looking forward to getting the machine.

#6729 3 years ago
Quoted from MechaDog:

Hello. My Deadpool premium should be arriving in about a week (first pinball machine - I am on the list to get my 2nd, a Jurassic Park in September) and I had a couple of questions. How difficult is it to install a shaker motor and is it worth it (both in general and specifically for Deadpool)? I have tinkered around with home PC’s but never Pinball machine. Second question, the other thing I was thinking about doing was installing the Deadpool music replacement mod that I found on Pinside. If I put the mod on a new sd card, am I able to switch back and forth between the two and if so do I lose high scores? Thanks in advance for any help; I am really looking forward to getting the machine.

Congrats on an awesome game!
- Shaker is easy. There will be pre-drilled holes for the bolts and you simply plug it into the board on the left side of the machine.
- Assuming you have a later build with the coin-dock interlock switch, the music mod that I've seen is for a previous version of the code. You will lose several nodes as the programming is different.
- Switching code will lose high scores between them.

Edit: May also want to read through the thread since your game is new on a few other things to do before it’s too late. For instance, I’d add a washer underneath the kitana ramp ball guide, add an anti-sway bracket to the snikt shot if it doesn’t have one from the factory, and get a protector of some sort for the left ramp are a few that come to mind quickly.

#6730 3 years ago
Quoted from MechaDog:

If you like tinkering with PC’s and cleaning them out and such you will enjoy tinkering, maintaining, and cleaning a Pinball. Shaker is fairly simple these days to install and well worth it in my opinion.

As for the sound mod. I have no idea why anyone in their right mind would want to swap out the sound package in Deadpool. It’s one of the best in modern pinball. Call outs, variety, voices, script, sounds, music, is the total package and one of the many reasons I love this game so much.

#6731 3 years ago

Hear, hear (pun intended).

#6732 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I
As for the sound mod. I have no idea why anyone in their right mind would want to swap out the sound package in Deadpool. It’s one of the best in modern pinball. Call outs, variety, voices, script, sounds, music, is the total package and one of the many reasons I love this game so much.

This!!!!!!!!

#6733 3 years ago

Agree. Puts a smile on my face. Only beef I have with it is when it repeats the same line twice in a row. Seems to happen during sabretooth and mystique the most.

Tunes are awesome.

#6734 3 years ago

As I approach 3,000 games played on my DP Pro, I decided to try the clear translucent "Perfect Play" rubbers...

IMG_9001 (resized).JPGIMG_9001 (resized).JPG
#6735 3 years ago

Getting a premium next week. Any must do mods? TIA

#6736 3 years ago

Protect you katana entrance ramp !!

#6737 3 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Protect you katana entrance ramp !!

and the left ramp cuts into the clear coat too, put big piece of mylar unther the whole ramp.

#6738 3 years ago

Do the recent DP builds that are shipping out now have the SNIKT anti-sway bracket factory-installed? Just wondering if anyone knows or can confirm that.

#6739 3 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

Do the recent DP builds that are shipping out now have the SNIKT anti-sway bracket factory-installed? Just wondering if anyone knows or can confirm that.

I have a build date of June 1st, 2020 and I do NOT have an anti-sway bracket installed on SNIKT.

#6740 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

I have a build date of June 1st, 2020 and I do NOT have an anti-sway bracket installed on SNIKT.

Thanks for checking. Looks like I'm ordering one from Pinball Life.

#6741 3 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

Thanks for checking. Looks like I'm ordering one from Pinball Life.

I already had one fitted to the colossus jackpot target. If you have one there, just swap them.

#6742 3 years ago

For the snikt target can you just keep pushing it back? That is what I do with the orb stand up target on my maiden pro. It keeps leaning left but takes a couple weeks to lean. I just move it straight every couple weeks. Takes just seconds.

#6743 3 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

For the snikt target can you just keep pushing it back? That is what I do with the orb stand up target on my maiden pro. It keeps leaning left but takes a couple weeks to lean. I just move it straight every couple weeks. Takes just seconds.

Once you tighten up the two screws on the switch it shouldn’t move again...that’s what I do on all my pins.

#6744 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Once you tighten up the two screws on the switch it shouldn’t move again...that’s what I do on all my pins.

I didn't have the same level of success as Wildbill327 with just tightening the screws, but the Anti-Sway bracket costs less than $5 and takes less than 10 minutes to install.

In my experience, it will also lean a very minor amount, but not near as much as the normal bracket.

Otherwise as Ty-Arnold mentioned, you can keep pushing it back, but then the shot can become inconsistent depending on the target location.

#6745 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I didn't have the same level of success as wildbill327 with just tightening the screws, but the Anti-Sway bracket costs less than $5 and takes less than 10 minutes to install.
In my experience, it will also lean a very minor amount, but not near as much as the normal bracket.
Otherwise as ty-arnold mentioned, you can keep pushing it back, but then the shot can become inconsistent depending on the target location.

I haven’t had to push my target back since I tightened it...and that’s all I do on targets if they are moving. The $5 isn’t a bad price but waiting for it(shipping)is what usually makes me pass but at least there’s a option.

#6746 3 years ago

Looking for a Deadpool near me if anyone has one for sale! Cash in hand.

#6747 3 years ago
Quoted from Lemank:

Your location doesn't show but I'm not selling anyway. May want to also specify Pro or Premium/LE.

#6748 3 years ago
Quoted from Lemank:

"Near me" isn't really useful if your location is turned off so no one knows where you are...

#6749 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

"Near me" isn't really useful if your location is turned off so no one knows where you are...

I never realized others couldn’t see my location. Thank you for that and I’ve changed my settings. I acquire my new Deadpool on Thursday! I can’t wait to be in the club!

#6750 3 years ago
Quoted from Lemank:

I never realized others couldn’t see my location. Thank you for that and I’ve changed my settings. I acquire my new Deadpool on Thursday! I can’t wait to be in the club!

themoreyouknow.gifthemoreyouknow.gif

Welcome!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Belmont, MI
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 64.99
$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

There are 16,265 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/135?hl=mr_outlane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.