(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,295 posts
  • 1,092 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by Magicman
  • Topic is favorited by 557 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 326.
#6601 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Can anyone tell if the Snikt anti-lean target Actually improves that shot accuracy?

Haha, not sure, but I sure feel better about it after installing. It is a worthwhile thing to do. Mine had the old bracket, and was tilted a few mm.

#6602 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Are you going to make these flipper fans for IMDN?

My goal is to get a handful of brackets that will work in any of the Spike games and just offering it as a general item. The wiring harness will work in any of them and is very flexible with lego-like sections, so I may add an optional switch that can be bought separately and added inline that allows the fans to be turned off if you don't want them running when the game is on.

I still have an Iron Maiden here and I plan on gathering temp data from it and installing brackets as soon as I'm done with the TMNT colored insert bracket rush.

#6603 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Can you do me a favor and PM me a couple pictures of the coil area, left and right on your Deadpool? I didn't take pictures of that before the one here left. Want to know if either the STh or TMNT fan brackets will work, or if I have to make a third design for them to fit.

A few pictures sent. Kind of low res compared to regular posts for some reason, but maybe they will help.

#6604 3 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

A few pictures sent. Kind of low res compared to regular posts for some reason, but maybe they will help.

Completely helpful. Looks like both sides will need the TMNT-style elevated and angled down fan bracket.

#6605 3 years ago

Is the latest code 1.02? And are there any plans for any more code updates for deadpool?

#6606 3 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Is the latest code 1.02? And are there any plans for any more code updates for deadpool?

There's at least one more update coming to fix the "1" kerning issue and a fair amount of bugs.

#6607 3 years ago

Thanks for the quick response. Getting a nib Deadpool pro soon.

#6608 3 years ago

After reading people recommend an angle of 7 degrees on DP, i really wanna try that out. I could probably use my phone to measure it, but I don't know how accurate that is? Does anyone have any experience with these cheap level meters from eBay?:

https://shorturl.at/jxQ01

Or what are people using? I have the app Pinball Leveller on my phone, but since the phone itself hardly has a single flat side, i don't really trust that one

#6609 3 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

After reading people recommend an angle of 7 degrees on DP, i really wanna try that out. I could probably use my phone to measure it, but I don't know how accurate that is? Does anyone have any experience with these cheap level meters from eBay?:
Or what are people using? I have the app Pinball Leveller on my phone, but since the phone itself hardly has a single flat side, i don't really trust that one

As long as you calibrate the phone on a perfect level surface my experience is that they are accurate enough. I use PinGuy app to level games.

#6610 3 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

I know you are on the other side of the pond but I have to assume they sell relatively inexpensive digital levels where you are as well. Just invest in one of those. Here is an example of what I use - https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-10-in-Multi-Function-Standard-Digital-Level-THD9403/205999357

#6611 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Can anyone tell if the Snikt anti-lean target Actually improves that shot accuracy?

The bracket itself doesn't help with shot accuracy but it helps lock in the setting once you get your target in the right place. Without it, the target will continue to lean over time thus changing the geometry of the shot.

#6612 3 years ago

Joined the club last Thursday with basically a NIB Pro machine with only 30 plays. June 1st, 2020 build date. Tons of dimples already on the playfield right out of the box. It doesn't bother me too much as I'm aware it's typical wear and tear on a pinball table, but it's still happening on newer builds for those wondering.

I had one technician alert that the hell house scoop wasn't firing, but I power cycled the game and it's all working now, and the alert is gone. Not sure if me looking at the alert cleared it, or if it clears itself.

One issue that presented itself last night is the death of Lil' Deadpool. His head fell off. I've put about 300 games in since Thursday, but it's crazy to see this happen already. Usual pics I saw were of his torso flying off.

One more issue I've seen is that the lane guide rubber is bent and won't stay straight no matter how many times I try to bend it the other way. This is near the outside Domino/Chimichanga lane. Do I just need a new one, or is this normal?

As far as gameplay is concerned, I'm getting really frustrated sometimes that I can't find any shots, and they just keep hitting rail guards and clunking back down. I think I've memorized a few ramp locations on the flippers, but not the widest lanes. Those basically do not exist in my game, as I'm either hitting the D-E-A-D or P-O-O-L standups instead of an outside lanes. Any tips here? I've been using Deadpools face and gun as a guide (Shooting at the back of the gun handle to try for SNIKT for example).

IMG_4806 (resized).JPEGIMG_4806 (resized).JPEGIMG_4807 (resized).JPEGIMG_4807 (resized).JPEGIMG_4808 (resized).JPEGIMG_4808 (resized).JPEGIMG_4809 (resized).JPEGIMG_4809 (resized).JPEGIMG_4810 (resized).JPEGIMG_4810 (resized).JPEG
#6613 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

One more issue I've seen is that the lane guide rubber is bent and won't stay straight no matter how many times I try to bend it the other way. This is near the outside Domino/Chimichanga lane. Do I just need a new one, or is this normal?

Not really normal. I would replace it as if it leans to far to the right it will make the orbit shot smaller but will also no protect the ball against the edge of that lane guide.

#6614 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There's at least one more update coming to fix the "1" kerning issue and a fair amount of bugs.

I hope you have some insider information on this as we've been waiting over a year for another code update.

Would LOVE to get get one more update including what you mentioned and the inclusion of expanded high score/champion boards!

#6615 3 years ago

notthisagainjs6 (resized).jpgnotthisagainjs6 (resized).jpg

#6616 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Joined the club last Thursday with basically a NIB Pro machine with only 30 plays. June 1st, 2020 build date. Tons of dimples already on the playfield right out of the box. It doesn't bother me too much as I'm aware it's typical wear and tear on a pinball table, but it's still happening on newer builds for those wondering.
I had one technician alert that the hell house scoop wasn't firing, but I power cycled the game and it's all working now, and the alert is gone. Not sure if me looking at the alert cleared it, or if it clears itself.
One issue that presented itself last night is the death of Lil' Deadpool. His head fell off. I've put about 300 games in since Thursday, but it's crazy to see this happen already. Usual pics I saw were of his torso flying off.
As far as gameplay is concerned, I'm getting really frustrated sometimes that I can't find any shots, and they just keep hitting rail guards and clunking back down. I think I've memorized a few ramp locations on the flippers, but not the widest lanes. Those basically do not exist in my game, as I'm either hitting the D-E-A-D or P-O-O-L standups instead of an outside lanes. Any tips here? I've been using Deadpools face and gun as a guide (Shooting at the back of the gun handle to try for SNIKT for example).[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'm not even sure how Lil' DP's head would break off unless a really random ball flew up and hit it very hard. I have ~2800 plays on mine with minimal issues.

Most do recommend putting a washer under the front post on that guide with the pics of your rail guard to prevent clear coat issues from the guide digging in.

You may be able to pull the rail guard off and heat it up with a hair dryer and bend it straight again.

Getting the shots down can take some time. 7° angle is generally recommended for smoothest game play.

#6617 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I hope you have some insider information on this as we've been waiting over a year for another code update.
Would LOVE to get get one more update including what you mentioned and the inclusion of expanded high score/champion boards!

Nothing recent. Tanio just told me at Golden State last year that the next update would fix the "1" kerning problem, so I know one is still coming. I've sent him a ton of bugs and issues since then, but I thought the next update would already be out by now.

#6618 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Already have the anti lean bracket so nothing else I can do. Yes, it leans slightly but at this placement I'm 50/50 on shots to the snikt target that are accurate to the spot that would push it up the Playfield X spot.

you can also tighten the two screws that hold it together. get them very very tight that worked good for me

#6619 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Nothing recent. Tanio just told me at Golden State last year that the next update would fix the "1" kerning problem, so I know one is still coming. I've sent him a ton of bugs and issues since then, but I thought the next update would already be out by now.

Cool! Thanks for the info!

I really missed going to Golden State Pinball Festival this year! I doubt PAGG will happen either...

Last year's show is where I got an opportunity to get multiple plays on the newer releases and decided on Deadpool! Once I got my NIB at home I was pleasantly surprised by the soundtrack music, call outs, etc as the show was loud as hell and I couldn't hear any of the individual games!

#6620 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Cool! Thanks for the info!

Why downvote him then?

q1 (resized).JPGq1 (resized).JPG

#6621 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Why downvote him then?
[quoted image]

Mis-click - no worries.

What's with your meme?

#6622 3 years ago

Go-Go Yubari, Kill Bill if you are asking about the avatar. I have had the same avatar everywhere i go for years. People know it's me on multiple subject forums.

#6623 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Go-Go Yubari, Kill Bill if you are asking about the avatar.

No - your post just above. "Aw Jeez, Not this shit again!"

#6624 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

No - your post just above. "Aw Jeez, Not this shit again!"

Well, the same thing is said every couple of pages.

We want new code, fix kearning, expand high scores. Once a month at least.

We all want it but whinging about it has not resulted in a win so far.

#6625 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Why downvote him then?
[quoted image]

His inner dingleberry was intruding.

#6626 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Well, the same thing is said every couple of pages.
We want new code, fix kearning, expand high scores. Once a month at least.
We all want it but whinging about it has not resulted in a win so far.

We are still hoping though!

Either way it's a great game, just in the home environment especially, the expanded high score tables would be great.

#6627 3 years ago

Yes mate, i agree.

Preaching-to-the-Choir-1-1200x628 (resized).jpgPreaching-to-the-Choir-1-1200x628 (resized).jpg

#6628 3 years ago

Im a casual player and getting Deadpool premium at the end of the month. I see toppers are sold out on sterns website. Will the toppers be made again? I see some distributors asking more than retail. Distributors always cry that they can’t sell machines below msrp but it’s okay for them to sell above msrp?

#6629 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Can you do me a favor and PM me a couple pictures of the coil area, left and right on your Deadpool? I didn't take pictures of that before the one here left. Want to know if either the STh or TMNT fan brackets will work, or if I have to make a third design for them to fit.

Also, the Hobbit needs them.

#6630 3 years ago

Houdini has the most whinges about flipper fade.

#6631 3 years ago

So, the company that usually prints/cuts my plastics for me is still shutdown from the pandemic so I thought I’d try something different. Man am I glad I did. This looks awesome in person. The reflectivity is so sweet. And, even better, it’s on metal - so no chance of ever cracking or breaking - double win!

I’m absolutely pumped at how this turned out, and way more functional than plastic. Hope y’all enjoy.

5C266C22-70A5-4ECC-B2D6-4B392F04E7D1 (resized).jpeg5C266C22-70A5-4ECC-B2D6-4B392F04E7D1 (resized).jpeg68829EC6-A73B-44E5-B257-1796A7C3AD0D (resized).jpeg68829EC6-A73B-44E5-B257-1796A7C3AD0D (resized).jpegFAC3F7F0-CA0A-4028-B16E-78AFE886CF8F (resized).jpegFAC3F7F0-CA0A-4028-B16E-78AFE886CF8F (resized).jpegFC899817-8B1A-4E3D-AC00-94D718C36F4A (resized).jpegFC899817-8B1A-4E3D-AC00-94D718C36F4A (resized).jpeg
#6632 3 years ago

That's awesome. When are you sending me one

#6633 3 years ago

I did some testing with the SNIKT target. I have a DEC 2019 machine so the anti-sway target is pre installed. even though i have had to tighten the screws.
My machines pitch is at 6.8°, I read you suggest 7.0°, why is that? For me the ninja ramp seem tougher the higher the pitch gets. Does it affect the Snikt shot?

However, for the first time i was able to get a 5x PF. I have to shoot the target as low as possible.
I made some pictures of the adjustment. Its brutal how much of a gamechanger that target is...
Sometimes I find it easier to shoot if from a left ramp feed, how do you do it?
snkt (resized).pngsnkt (resized).png

#6634 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

One more issue I've seen is that the lane guide rubber is bent and won't stay straight no matter how many times I try to bend it the other way.

Try loosening the two screws slightly, they seem very tight. Also put a washer under the guide before it eats into the playfield.

#6635 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I did some testing with the SNIKT target. I have a DEC 2019 machine so the anti-sway target is pre installed. even though i have had to tighten the screws.
My machines pitch is at 6.8°, I read you suggest 7.0°, why is that? For me the ninja ramp seem tougher the higher the pitch gets. Does it affect the Snikt shot?
However, for the first time i was able to get a 5x PF. I have to shoot the target as low as possible.
I made some pictures of the adjustment. Its brutal how much of a gamechanger that target is...
Sometimes I find it easier to shoot if from a left ramp feed, how do you do it?

I use 7.0° on DP as that is what Gomez said he designed the game for. I haven't really experimented with any other pitches though but my lock ramp is butter smooth if I hit it clean. For the SNIKT target, the main success measure seems to be making sure it comes in contact with the guide. When it's not against the guide at the top I don't think it has enough rigidity to give it the correct rebound ability.

I'm more successful with a shot from a cradle even though those shots are the ones that can hit it properly and air ball over the ramp and not make the shot since my flippers are so dang strong. I hit it reg from the left ramp feed though too but I'm less accurate at hitting my spot. As with you I have to hit it basically at the very bottom of the target.

Glad you got it dialed in now as it diffidently is a game change for scoring.

#6636 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

As far as gameplay is concerned, I'm getting really frustrated sometimes that I can't find any shots, and they just keep hitting rail guards and clunking back down. I think I've memorized a few ramp locations on the flippers, but not the widest lanes. Those basically do not exist in my game, as I'm either hitting the D-E-A-D or P-O-O-L standups instead of an outside lanes. Any tips here? I've been using Deadpools face and gun as a guide (Shooting at the back of the gun handle to try for SNIKT for example).[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Try 6.8 - 7.2 deg pitch to help with the Klunk. You’ll have to play with it to find the sweet spot. Some games take extra time dialing it in, Deadpool is one of those.

#6637 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Try 6.8 - 7.2 deg pitch to help with the Klunk. You’ll have to play with it to find the sweet spot. Some games take extra time dialing it in, Deadpool is one of those.

When I first got the game, I had the back legs ALL the way up, and front all the way down. Then I decided to use the PinGuy app to level it to 7.0 exactly, which is putting the rear legs nearly all the way down. The tip of the bubble on the shooter lane is just a hair above the line, does that sound correct?

#6638 3 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

So, the company that usually prints/cuts my plastics for me is still shutdown from the pandemic so I thought I’d try something different. Man am I glad I did. This looks awesome in person. The reflectivity is so sweet. And, even better, it’s on metal - so no chance of ever cracking or breaking - double win!
I’m absolutely pumped at how this turned out, and way more functional than plastic. Hope y’all enjoy.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Excellent work, you really should consider doing a batch of them...there is a need for these considering how many of these break. I would take one, possibly two depending on the price.

#6639 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

When I first got the game, I had the back legs ALL the way up, and front all the way down. Then I decided to use the PinGuy app to level it to 7.0 exactly, which is putting the rear legs nearly all the way down. The tip of the bubble on the shooter lane is just a hair above the line, does that sound correct?

Very dependent on the game. Mine is at 7 degrees as well but the front is almost all the way down and the rear only has about a quarter inch above the of the bolt sticking through the leg nut (so almost all the way extended).

The bubble level is also fairly inconsistent.

#6640 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I use 7.0° on DP as that is what Gomez said he designed the game for. I haven't really experimented with any other pitches though but my lock ramp is butter smooth if I hit it clean. For the SNIKT target, the main success measure seems to be making sure it comes in contact with the guide. When it's not against the guide at the top I don't think it has enough rigidity to give it the correct rebound ability.
I'm more successful with a shot from a cradle even though those shots are the ones that can hit it properly and air ball over the ramp and not make the shot since my flippers are so dang strong. I hit it reg from the left ramp feed though too but I'm less accurate at hitting my spot. As with you I have to hit it basically at the very bottom of the target.
Glad you got it dialed in now as it diffidently is a game change for scoring.

thanks for the insight, very helpful!

#6641 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Very dependent on the game. Mine is at 7 degrees as well but the front is almost all the way down and the rear only has about a quarter inch above the of the bolt sticking through the leg nut (so almost all the way extended).
The bubble level is also fairly inconsistent.

How did you measure the angle? iPhone or an actual digital level? If iPhone, do you measure using the side of the phone, or do you lay the phone flat in the middle of the playfield?

#6642 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

How did you measure the angle? iPhone or an actual digital level? If iPhone, do you measure using the side of the phone, or do you lay the phone flat in the middle of the playfield?

Actual digital level. My phone is dropped to much for me to put any level of confidence in it's accuracy

#6643 3 years ago

Only just saw the posts about some DPs already having the anti-sway.

So before I ordered mine with international freight thought I would check under the hood.

Mine is March 13 2019

So Looked underneath, found anti sway bracket!!

7D413DA3-DB82-4B15-94CE-2D311C74F32A (resized).jpeg7D413DA3-DB82-4B15-94CE-2D311C74F32A (resized).jpeg
#6644 3 years ago

..... buuuuttt,

Hang on why is my snikkt target moving.

Is that the right bracket? No it’s not. That was the one for my colossus jackpot.

Here is the snikkt one. Sway. No anti.

Good one stern.

723CC725-03C9-4671-9BCD-B0DA8093E55F (resized).jpeg723CC725-03C9-4671-9BCD-B0DA8093E55F (resized).jpeg
#6645 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

..... buuuuttt,
Hang on why is my snikkt target moving.
Is that the right bracket? No it’s not. That was the one for my colossus jackpot.
Here is the snikkt one. Sway. No anti.
Good one stern. [quoted image]

did you try to tighten up the screws? mine moved too until i tightened it.

#6646 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

did you try to tighten up the screws? mine moved too until i tightened it.

But there is no anti sway on the snikkt target. There is however an anti sway on the colossus. That’s my point. Why did stern use the anti sway on the colossus but not the snikkt?

#6647 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

But there is no anti sway on the snikkt target. There is however an anti sway on the colossus. That’s my point. Why did stern use the anti sway on the colossus but not the snikkt?

The two targets actually look exactly the same to me, I can't see the anti-sway bar on the Colossus shot.

#6648 3 years ago

I circled the part that shows the anti-sway bracket. That metal plate that protrudes through the end (circled part) is what keeps it from leaning.
1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg

#6649 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I circled the part that shows the anti-sway bracket. That metal plate that protrudes through the end (circled part) is what keeps it from leaning.
[quoted image]

Yes, I see now. Thank you!

#6650 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Can you flip flop colossus Bracket with snikkt? I just tighten up all my targets and after that they are good to go.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Parsippany, NJ
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 64.99
$ 25.95
Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/133?hl=soulstoner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.