(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,295 posts
  • 1,092 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Magicman
  • Topic is favorited by 557 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 326.
#6501 3 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

the pitch seems to flatten out at about 30-40 million....

Ha! I never had the patience and cancelled the count after a bit.

#6502 3 years ago

I wonder how those game score averages work out when you restart the game after ball one? I assume that counts as a game. If so, I'm betting my average is pretty low as I've gotten into a really bad habit of restarting a game after a ball one house ball.

It's actually hurt me competitively as now when I have a house ball on ball 1 in a tournament it rattles me and I can't seem to ever dig out of that hole. I probably need to turn that feature off...

#6503 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I wonder how those game score averages work out when you restart the game after ball one? I assume that counts as a game. If so, I'm betting my average is pretty low as I've gotten into a really bad habit of restarting a game after a ball one house ball.
It's actually hurt me competitively as now when I have a house ball on ball 1 in a tournament it rattles me and I can't seem to ever dig out of that hole. I probably need to turn that feature off...

Yeah, I usually turn it off because I don't have the self control not to use it.

#6504 3 years ago

The Deadpool Boom Gun Mod LOL

20200624_150044 (resized).jpg20200624_150044 (resized).jpg

#6505 3 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Pretty sure I'd end up booming myself too often to want that on my game.

#6506 3 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

[quoted image]

Time until someone walking by walks into the plastic gun and snaps it off 3...2...1...

#6507 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Yeah, I used to "kill off games" or restart if my first ball was terrible... until I found the "avg score" audit... I was at 183,000 avg game when I stopped doing that. Working it up higher! I didn't know it could be turned off???

The bulk of my high scores are done on one or two balls anyway... on Deadpool especially I usually have one really bad ball no matter how good the game.

#6508 3 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

the pitch seems to flatten out at about 30-40 million....

Yeah it won't keep counting all the way even if you don't push the flippers. It will jump to the end not much after 30-40 million.

#6509 3 years ago

Here’s a bug:
Ball 3
Extra ball lit
If you tilt during megakrakaladonus Rex while the ball drains on the right out lane, it’ll relight megakrakaladonus on your next ball.

#6510 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ha! I never had the patience and cancelled the count after a bit.

yeah I had a helluva game going w some people over and had a few big bonus counts,
I was getting ready to cancel it, cuz sometimes I feel bad when people
who don't play have to just watch ME forever when my son said "no let it run"
he wanted to hear if the pitch kept going and sure enough we all heard it top out.

#6511 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, I usually turn it off because I don't have the self control not to use it.

I always turn that off on all my games cuz Kids

#6512 3 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

[quoted image]

I"ve been wanting to ask, does anyone have any ideas for replacing that boring BLANK there?
I guess we could put a dead button there...

#6513 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Yeah it won't keep counting all the way even if you don't push the flippers. It will jump to the end not much after 30-40 million.

oh really?
I never knew that, thanks,
obviously I need to PLAY BETTER!

#6514 3 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

I"ve been wanting to ask, does anyone have any ideas for replacing that boring BLANK there?
I guess we could put a dead button there...

If you don't have the need for a headphone jack I suggest this mod:
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-100-0062-00

It's nice being able to turn up and down the volume while you are playing, not to mention (if you have kids to) not needing the keys with the game so you can adjust the volume. Maybe it's just me though but I play at pretty low volumes when the family is home but if they are gone I like to crank it up so I'm always adjusting my volume settings.

#6515 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

If you don't have the need for a headphone jack I suggest this mod:
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-100-0062-00
It's nice being able to turn up and down the volume while you are playing, not to mention (if you have kids to) not needing the keys with the game so you can adjust the volume. Maybe it's just me though but I play at pretty low volumes when the family is home but if they are gone I like to crank it up so I'm always adjusting my volume settings.

I recommend spending the extra and go with this instead:
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-spike-2-headphone-jack-assembly.html

Controls volume for speakers and/or headphones, plus headphones are a nice option.

#6516 3 years ago

Deadpool Pro in the house(May 22 build date)! Shout out to Jason at Classic Game Rooms in Georgia for a smooth transaction with quick ship. No surprise you come highly recommended. Best, Charlie

#6517 3 years ago

Joined the club today on a used pro. Cant wait to dig into it.

#6518 3 years ago

Thought I would post my PinGolf spreadsheet for other owners out there. DP is my only pin, so I got a little creative this weekend to give my wife and myself a new way to enjoy DP, while still keeping it fresh & competitive. Just ask Siri or Alexa or Google to give you random #'s between 1-44 to fill out your 9 or 18 hole PinGolf score sheet. This allows the goals to change each time we play PinGolf. The par for the hole is just my initial estimates on how many balls it should take to complete the goal (for us), but adjust it any way you see fit, including increasing your "balls per game" setting on your machine, which allows up to 10 balls per game. Enjoy!

Deadpool Pin Golf Sheet1.pdfDeadpool Pin Golf Sheet1.pdf
#6519 3 years ago
Quoted from Jomo33:

Thought I would post my PinGolf spreadsheet for other owners out there. DP is my only pin, so I got a little creative this weekend to give my wife and myself a new way to enjoy DP, while still keeping it fresh & competitive. Just ask Siri or Alexa or Google to give you random #'s between 1-44 to fill out your 9 or 18 hole PinGolf score sheet. This allows the goals to change each time we play PinGolf. The par for the hole is just my initial estimates on how many balls it should take to complete the goal (for us), but adjust it any way you see fit, including increasing your "balls per game" setting on your machine, which allows up to 10 balls per game. Enjoy!

This is how we play a social pingolf on Deadpool when there's not enough players for regular comp here. It's fun, we are all below average players so we set the goals accordingly and help each other by explaining as we go.

Give it a go, bet you and your wife enjoy it.

1. Shoot 30 mill
2. Start Multiball
3. Shoot Collossus shot 3 times
4. Wheel of fortune Mystery Score (closest without busting to a random 10-20mill number with the display covered with cardboard held up with blu-tak)
5. Hit Skill Shot on the Plunge
6. One Flipper each Score 15 mill (team of 2). If uneven numbers then a timed high score challenge of 2 mins/1 ball to acheive points.
7. Score 20 mill
8. Light Chimi's
9. Light 'Dead'and 'Pool'

3 ball play. 1 stroke recorded per ball plunged. Let drain after reaching your target.
Where numbers are targets, less than 50% reached equals 2 penalty strokes (5 strokes),
more than 50% to 99% = 1 penalty stroke (4 strokes).
Lowest score after 9 holes wins.

New players need the more experienced ones or a scorekeeper to talk them through each of the objectives before each round. It's a very fun afternoon and goes for a couple of hours with 5 players but always fun. Any more than 5 and we do group match play on all machines.

#6520 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

This is how we play a social pingolf on Deadpool when there's not enough players for regular comp here. It's fun, we are all below average players so we set the goals accordingly and help each other by explaining as we go.
Give it a go, bet you and your wife enjoy it.
1. Shoot 30 mill
2. Start Multiball
3. Shoot Collossus shot 3 times
4. Wheel of fortune Mystery Score (closest without busting to a random 10-20mill number with the display covered with cardboard held up with blu-tak)
5. Hit Skill Shot on the Plunge
6. One Flipper each Score 15 mill (team of 2). If uneven numbers then a timed high score challenge of 2 mins/1 ball to acheive points.
7. Score 20 mill
8. Light Chimi's
9. Light 'Dead'and 'Pool'
3 ball play. 1 stroke recorded per ball plunged. Let drain after reaching your target.
Where numbers are targets, less than 50% reached equals 2 penalty strokes (5 strokes),
more than 50% to 99% = 1 penalty stroke (4 strokes).
Lowest score after 9 holes wins.
New players need the more experienced ones or a scorekeeper to talk them through each of the objectives before each round. It's a very fun afternoon and goes for a couple of hours with 5 players but always fun. Any more than 5 and we do group match play on all machines.

Thanks Punkin! Good suggestions. We’ll give it a try over the weekend.

#6521 3 years ago

You are very welcome. Owed the thread a constructive post.

#6522 3 years ago
Quoted from Jomo33:

[quoted image]

Some of your hints are actually incorrect (assuming all factory settings).
- Collect Extra Ball - This is actually 10 weapons
- Start Sauron - This has nothing to do with the quest. This is when you complete all the main Villains the first time
- Collect Colossus Jackpot - This one actually lights when you've collected all 4 team-ups. This lights the target just above the little Deadpool entrance and below the lock ramp path
- Mystery - It actually starts at the first spelling of DEADPOOL
- Regeneration - It actually starts at the second spelling of DEADPOOL
- Battle Mr Sinister - What you have described (Sauron and both quest) is actually Megalaondus (Spelling) Rex. To Battle the final wizard mode you have to complete both quest and finish the main villains twice.

One big tip for pingolf. If any of your goals are to get ____ number of weapons your tip really should be to get into a MB. If you focus just on weapons in a MB you can really rack up quite a few real fast.

#6523 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

- Start Sauron - This has nothing to do with the quest. This is when you complete all the main Villains the first time
- Collect Colossus Jackpot - This one actually lights when you've collected all 4 team-ups. This lights the target just above the little Deadpool entrance and below the lock ramp path
- Battle Mr Sinister - What you have described (Sauron and both quest) is actually Megalaondus (Spelling) Rex. To Battle the final wizard mode you have to complete both quest and finish the main villains twice.
One big tip for pingolf. If any of your goals are to get ___ number of weapons your tip really should be to get into a MB. If you focus just on weapons in a MB you can really rack up quite a few real fast.

Interesting on the 10 weapons for Extra Ball. I've seen this mentioned before.
I had my Pro (code 1.03) set to "auto" for number of weapons to light EB and it was at 35 for ever (close to 2000 plays) and then one day it switched to 40.
Since I was used to 35 I set it to 35 from that point onward.

#6524 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Interesting on the 10 weapons for Extra Ball. I've seen this mentioned before.
I had my Pro (code 1.03) set to "auto" for number of weapons to light EB and it was at 35 for ever (close to 2000 plays) and then one day it switched to 40.
Since I was used to 35 I set it to 35 from that point onward.

I could be mistaken but I'm pretty sure Auto will fluctuate the number needed to achieve that award based off the % of times it's been achieved. If the target is set at 6% and more than 6% of the games you achieve that target it will increase the target. Conversely, if you don't hit the target it will lower it. Kind of like the way replays can work. I believe there is a setting that is labeled as "fixed" or something along those lines. If you set it at that (which I also thought was factory) it will stay at what ever target you set.

#6525 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

One big tip for pingolf. If any of your goals are to get ___ number of weapons your tip really should be to get into a MB. If you focus just on weapons in a MB you can really rack up quite a few real fast.

Yes, it appears we have different settings on our machines. My EB definitely starts at 35 weapons, and Mystery and Regeneration do take 2X and 3x to light on my game (code 1.03.0). And yes, I was describing the Megaladonus Rex Mr Sinister battle (I was just keeping it brief). I’ll check out the other 2 suggestions, I may need to update those. Thanks for the input!

#6526 3 years ago
Quoted from Jomo33:

[quoted image]

Quoted from Jomo33:

Yes, it appears we have different settings on our machines. My EB definitely starts at 35 weapons, and Mystery and Regeneration do take 2X and 3x to light on my game (code 1.03.0). And yes, I was describing the Megaladonus Rex Mr Sinister battle (I was just keeping it brief). I’ll check out the other 2 suggestions, I may need to update those. Thanks for the input!

I did need to update the "START Sauron MB" tip to "Defeat 3 main villains. Shoot scoop." That was a mistake. The rest seem to be accurate on my machine and on the Tilt.forums rule sheet, including the Colossus JP. It says you qualify the JP by making 2 full loops through the Colossus U-turn.? I know I've hit it before, and have rarely collected all 4 characters, but I'll watch closely this weekend. You never know. I've played DP on location a few dozen times, but just got the machine a week ago, so still learning the deeper rules. But again, thanks for the feedback!

#6527 3 years ago

10 weapons for an extra ball? You might as well as put your game on 4-ball
I got mine fixed at 60, earn that shit! LOL

#6528 3 years ago

Is your factory settings not 10? I haven't touched any settings of those settings and I tried a couple things last night to confirm and sure enough it was 10 for the extra ball. It also did not light the Colossus jackpot shot after 2 Colossus loop shots. I keep the games that I own that I also play on factory settings so that I don't get thrown off when playing in competition. All I've done is turn EX to award points so there is no concern about playing the games as 4 balls Even before doing that it would always award at 10. But I am on my 4th CPU with only 400ish games total played so it's possible the "auto" setting has never had the change to change from 10 where all of ya'lls has.

#6529 3 years ago

Hey Guys - Have a Pro... Just ordered the LER Mod Disco Ball. I am excited about that.
Also - I am curious - what shaker do you buy? PinballLife has a $79 one - Clearly Not a stern shaker.
Marcos has the real deal - it seems. $120.

Any experience / Does this matter?

#6530 3 years ago
Quoted from RhettDR:

Hey Guys - Have a Pro... Just ordered the LER Mod Disco Ball. I am excited about that.
Also - I am curious - what shaker do you buy? PinballLife has a $79 one - Clearly Not a stern shaker.

Curious what made you go with the lermods ball vs the hooked disco ball. Just bought a pro and not sure what one to buy

I usually buy the shaker from pinball life for my spike games. So far so good.

#6531 3 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Curious what made you go with the lermods ball vs the hooked disco ball. Just bought a pro and not sure what one to buy

So the LER Mods says that it only spins when the disco light is flashing. The Hooked one, says it just is "constantly on."
So, that was the determining factor for me. I only want the Disco light - when I am "disco-ing or ABOUT to disco." (HAHAHA!)

So, that's interesting - No issue from Pinball Life... I may start there, then....

#6532 3 years ago
Quoted from RhettDR:

A couple of things to consider...

1) It will void the warranty on a new game if you install the aftermarket shaker
2) Some people report there is rattling with the aftermarket shaker, and you need to fiddle with it sometimes

That being said, I have one in my Ghostbusters premium. It came with the machine when I bought it. It's fine, there is some rattling but I haven't messed with it to see if I can eliminate it. But if I was buying a new machine I'd get OEM Stern.

#6533 3 years ago
Quoted from RhettDR:

I prefer the pinball life shaker. A little quieter and less aggressive. Never had it cause a problem in the machine..

#6534 3 years ago
Quoted from RhettDR:

So the LER Mods says that it only spins when the disco light is flashing. The Hooked one, says it just is "constantly on."
So, that was the determining factor for me. I only want the Disco light - when I am "disco-ing or ABOUT to disco." (HAHAHA!)
So, that's interesting - No issue from Pinball Life... I may start there, then....

If you're good with electronics you can add a 5V relay and make it only run when the lights go out. Buddy did this and it works great, I have the hardware purchased but haven't had the time to solder in (bought my own motor, light and disco ball).

#6535 3 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

I put a Stern in a Metallica, Srar Trek and Iron Maiden. I had one defective unit (made a sqeaking noise constantly and a grinding noise occasionally) It was replaced by my distributor with no hassles. Other than that Ive been quite happy with them.

#6536 3 years ago
Quoted from RhettDR:

My experience is the Pinball Life shaker works fine. I have 2500 games played on mine with absolutely no issues. Great addition and I highly recommend it!

#6537 3 years ago
Quoted from hollyw00d:

A couple of things to consider...
1) It will void the warranty on a new game if you install the aftermarket shaker
2) Some people report there is rattling with the aftermarket shaker, and you need to fiddle with it sometimes
That being said, I have one in my Ghostbusters premium. It came with the machine when I bought it. It's fine, there is some rattling but I haven't messed with it to see if I can eliminate it. But if I was buying a new machine I'd get OEM Stern.

There is only one shaker to consider - the one from Pinball Life. Other aftermarket shakers may suck, but I prefer the pinball life one over the stern and DEFINITELY over the terrible red tremor shaker. We installed over a dozen pinball life shakers for a route and never had an issue. The stern FUD warning about shakers refers to a brief period of weeks at the beginning of Spike 2 years ago. It has no relevance now to the pinball life shakers, which are rock solid and priced right.

#6538 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There is only one shaker to consider - the one from Pinball Life. Other aftermarket shakers may suck, but I prefer the pinball life one over the stern and DEFINITELY over the terrible red tremor shaker. We installed over a dozen pinball life shakers for a route and never had an issue. The stern FUD warning about shakers refers to a brief period of weeks at the beginning of Spike 2 years ago. It has no relevance now to the pinball life shakers, which are rock solid and priced right.

I am a development engineer - So, I figured that by NOW the design flaw would be out....
Awesome... Order placed - We shall see what happens.,

#6539 3 years ago

Did anyone sell there game and have any left over mods they want to get rid of?

#6540 3 years ago

Just ordered a pro.

#6541 3 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Did anyone sell there game and have any left over they want to get rid of?

Left over what?

#6542 3 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Left over what?

Sorry fixed my post. Mods

Damn auto correct.

#6543 3 years ago

+1 on the Pinball Life shaker.

#6544 3 years ago
Quoted from Olbighoss48:

Just ordered a pro.

download (2) (resized).jpgdownload (2) (resized).jpg
#6545 3 years ago

Can someone explain “special when lit”? I got it today and collected the “special” but must not have been paying enough attention because I was on my second ball and then I look up expecting 3rd ball but saw ball 1. Sad part was after all the extra balls I only got 800 million! Let’s just say I have a lot to learn.

#6546 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

Can someone explain “special when lit”? I got it today and collected the “special” but must not have been paying enough attention because I was on my second ball and then I look up expecting 3rd ball but saw ball 1. Sad part was after all the extra balls I only got 800 million! Let’s just say I have a lot to learn.

Special can be set to Replay, Extra Ball and (maybe?) Points. Pretty sure nothing takes you from Ball 2 back to Ball 1. Special is just a random mystery award.

#6547 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

This harkens back to the early days of pinball when a free game was the best reward there was...still a treat to get one when playing on location.

#6548 3 years ago

Finally I made it to the billion plus club!
I’m not a good player, my average games on DP are 100-200 million. Owned the game since August 2018, bought in the first batch.
But this game just hit right, felt so good!

08B13A37-B68F-468C-A75B-96ED1ED1636D (resized).jpeg08B13A37-B68F-468C-A75B-96ED1ED1636D (resized).jpeg
#6549 3 years ago

Just had my NIB Pro arrive yesterday. It’s my first machine and I put it through its paces with a buddy. I’m not that experienced a player so I was happy to throw up a few 100m+ games, though there were plenty of stinkers in between.

#6550 3 years ago

2 things. 10 weapons for extra ball is because the factory preset is to base the extra ball of skill. If you have a lot of quick games or quit games early like Ido the game will adjust it down until it hits 10 which is the bottom.

Shakers. Pinball life shaker is way better than sterns in my opinion. Sterns is just crazy loud and agressive. I may even swap it out on the tmnt le i have coming.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 64.99
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.95
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bay Area, CA
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/131 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.