(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,196 posts
  • 1,083 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by drwicket
  • Topic is favorited by 556 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7899 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1688 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1689 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240327_001906_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240327_001709_Chrome (resized).jpg
IMG_8452 (resized).jpg
IMG_8453 (resized).jpg
IMG_8454 (resized).jpg
IMG_8455 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240323_200809 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240326_153304_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
20240326_103932 (resized).jpg
20240326_103906 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,196 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 324.
#6451 3 years ago

No it wasn't immediately after, it was 2 days after i apologized for being a fuckwit (which i was).

You did the same thing on purpose, just couldn't wait to feel smug.

OneOfUsAdmittedToBeingAFuckwitAnywayPunkin

#6452 3 years ago

I question how people keep saying this game is so easy. I must suck. My highest is around the 700m mark. Haven’t Broken the 100 weapons yet. Only beaten Sauron and sauron and sabretooth. Mechsuit multiball every tenth game. I get a longish game every so often. But for every long game I have very short games. This is not like my TSPP.

As soon as the ball hits the sling there is a good chance the ball will fling straight down the outlane. Rolling back down the katana ramp requires a slap save. A missed schnik shot and even colossus shot can be deadly. I get heaps of drains. Going for the drop targets can rebound fast into an outlane. And lil deadpool if not multiball when he releases can send SDTM.

So how do people stop the slings flinging into the outlanes?

Now I’m not saying there are not fantastic players out there who are not laughing at my suckiness right now, but for the majority of players I would say 3 things:

1) this game can be brutal at times with a mingling of short and long games.
2) there is more content than just the three main battles. Still finding new stuff after 7 months. The strategies are excellent with the team ups and boom button and multiballs.
3) the layout is so different to whatever else I have.

On top of this it’s beautiful and awesome.

Just not as easy as some others make it out to be.

#6453 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I question how people keep saying this game is so easy. I must suck. My highest is around the 700m mark. Haven’t Broken the 100 weapons yet. Only beaten Sauron and sauron and sabretooth. Mechsuit multiball every tenth game. I get a longish game every so often. But for every long game I have very short games. This is not like my TSPP.
As soon as the ball hits the sling there is a good chance the ball will fling straight down the outlane. Rolling back down the katana ramp requires a slap save. A missed schnik shot and even colossus shot can be deadly. I get heaps of drains. Going for the drop targets can rebound fast into an outlane. And lil deadpool if not multiball when he releases can send SDTM.
Now I’m not saying there are not fantastic players out there who are not laughing at my suckiness right now, but for the majority of players I would say 3 things:
2) there is more content than just the three main battles. Still finding new stuff after 7 months. The strategies are excellent with the team ups and boom button and multiballs.

I'm pretty much where you are, but only been playing a bit over a year (pro). My machine does not drain down the side much, rarely off the slings, certainly a dud katana shot hits left flipper with a nudge off the edge of the rail (mostly don't need the nudge but it's habit). Coloussus is safe on mine, but a snikt shoit can roll down the middle occasionally.
Lil dp is rarely a middle drain on release, i reckon maybe 1 out of 30.

I do have my outlanes closed to the lowest hole, but set fairly steep.

Sounds like we are about on the same page but maybe my machine has a bit more manners?

I've had some 500 odd games and still have the GC on my machine at 650 odd, but nothing over 300 since last year. thought i would get a little better since my cataract op but although my flipper skills seemed to have improved my stamina is going down hill and i think that is affecting my scores. Just can't hold the concentration.

You're only 5 hours down the freeway, you are welcome to bring your machine up for a weekend and sit them next to each other for a bunch of games. i have an op mate with another one, we could get a triplet going.
dp11 (resized).jpgdp11 (resized).jpg

#6454 3 years ago

Ha! I’ll put it in my barrow!

Thanks for the offer.

Know what you mean about stamina. Mech suit can be pretty draining.

The lil deadpool drain is rare. But it does happen on the odd occasion. But yes I get heaps of sling bounces to outlane. My posts haven’t been moved from factory settings.

In a way it is good to suck. This game will last me forever.

#6455 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Ha! I’ll put it in my barrow!
Thanks for the offer.
Know what you mean about stamina. Mech suit can be pretty draining.
The lil deadpool drain is rare. But it does happen on the odd occasion. But yes I get heaps of sling bounces to outlane. My posts haven’t been moved from factory settings.
In a way it is good to suck. This game will last me forever.

Well then you are welcome to jump a train and just come play mine for a weekend. There's a whole spare flat here and we have a comp Sundays starting next week again.

is factory closed for the outlanes? lots recommend opening them here but i'm learning too.

I like that Deadpool is a fairly forgiving game, like Aerosmith, Houdini, The Hobbit etc that i have, a good game can go for a long time. These are my fav's, i'm not big on brutal (although i'd never let Sorcerer out of my sight).

#6456 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

For sure Deadpool can be BRUTAL!!!
My high score is 2.9 Billion (Deadpool Pro), but I still have games lower than 50 million. I can go 1 Billion+, 50 million, 200 million, 50 million, 1.5+ Billion in consecutive games... CRAZY!
On my Twilight Zone I get Lost in the Zone practically every game and also System Failure most games on my DE Jurassic Park, but I haven't finished Deadpool yet...
My slings also are death to the outlanes, but my outlanes are max open without a rubber on the post between inlane/outlane.
Lil'DP also seems to go SDTM almost 100% of the time when I have the ball captured and I drain the other ball with no ball save on.
Ohhhh, but I LOVE this game! Keeps me coming back for more and I've already put almost 2500 games on it in just under 10 months!

#6457 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Well then you are welcome to jump a train and just come play mine for a weekend. There's a whole spare flat here and we have a comp Sundays starting next week again.
is factory closed for the outlanes? lots recommend opening them here but i'm learning too.
I like that Deadpool is a fairly forgiving game, like Aerosmith, Houdini, The Hobbit etc that i have, a good game can go for a long time. These are my fav's, i'm not big on brutal (although i'd never let Sorcerer out of my sight).

Here are my outlanes.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#6458 3 years ago

Yeah, i have mine on the bottom hole, we're mashers round here. Game plays better when it's faster, but i don't need to make it harder.

#6459 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

That's lucky, you can't own art. Especially when it's painted on a concrete wall of a rented shed. Art is a gift from the artist to all who look at it and open for their interpretation.
Apology not good enough for some perfect people who've never made an error quite clearly.

I didnt downvote that garbage "art" as I agree its open to interpretation but I will downvote your altruistic rant defending it. Part of being allowed to have an opinion is also being allowed to think something sucks gigantic ass. Take critism like a man (especially if you are going to have such strong opinions about other peoples posts and choices)
I hope no money is changing hand fornthat though. Dear god. Whats up with Dazzler in particular?

#6460 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I didnt downvote that garbage "art" as I agree its open to interpretation but I will downvote your altruistic rant defending it. Part of being allowed to have an opinion is also being allowed to think something sucks gigantic ass. Take critism like a man (especially if you are going to have such strong opinions about other peoples posts and choices)
I hope no money is changing hand fornthat though. Dear god. Whats up with Dazzler in particular?

533BD566-BC3A-41B4-A8FE-730C0D610FCC (resized).jpeg533BD566-BC3A-41B4-A8FE-730C0D610FCC (resized).jpeg
#6461 3 years ago

Who's that clipclopping on my bridge?

#6462 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

It was a pretty shitty thing he said and I think he regrets that.

However, he has shown how much he loves this pin by having this artwork put up in his shed. By saying it’s shit, you’re not only hurting him but the person who painted it as well.

Let’s put this silliness aside.

Great artwork and thanks to the person who pointed out the deadpool head.

#6463 3 years ago

Can we keep the drama out of this thread? There are a million others that are full of it and can go there. This is one of the few threads left you used to be able to go without having to read a couple of people in a pissing match to get to things you want to read.

#6464 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Couple of things to help.

1. Make sure game is at 7 degrees. Gomez stated that is the preferred pitch and at this pitch i don't get the little deadpool or reverse lock ramp drains.
2. Turn down the power of the slings. Factory is 32 which will tend to have a lot of immediate sling drains. Lower power gives you more chance to prepare and try to nudge save.
3. If still to many sling drains, increase the switch gap on them. This will reduce their sensitivity. Sensitive slings is the number 1 thing I do on tournament setups to make games hard. Thus reducing that help with the sling drains but also allows easier traps and cradle separations.

Best of luck.

#6465 3 years ago

I did already post this once here, but noone seemed to care.
Now i saw people complaining like me about the center train from the ball rolling backwards the katana ramp.
here is the fix, reduced the problem for about 80%.
change the red post rubbers to really thick ones, they should nearly touch the metal guide. Number 1 mod for me!

IMG_20200621_153351 (resized).jpgIMG_20200621_153351 (resized).jpg
#6466 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

1. Make sure game is at 7 degrees. Gomez stated that is the preferred pitch and at this pitch i don't get the little deadpool or reverse lock ramp drains.
2. Turn down the power of the slings. Factory is 32 which will tend to have a lot of immediate sling drains. Lower power gives you more chance to prepare and try to nudge save.
3. If still to many sling drains, increase the switch gap on them. This will reduce their sensitivity. Sensitive slings is the number 1 thing I do on tournament setups to make games hard. Thus reducing that help with the sling drains but also allows easier traps and cradle separations.
Best of luck.

Thanks for posting this info. What number do you recommend the slings be set to?

#6467 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Thanks for posting this info. What number do you recommend the slings be set to?

also other sling rubber affects the strengh and can cause alot of airballs like on my game, so i went back to original rubbers.

#6468 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

I like factory at 32 but I do tend to have some long games already. I'd start at 25 and then plus or minus from there. Remember sling sensitivity makes a huge difference to.

#6470 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Best of luck.

OMFG! So I moved the outlane posts, adjusted the end of the katana guide a little more. Adjusted sensitivity of slings slightly and then increased to 6.75.

Shots became smooth, but katana clunked when hit from launch orbit. Damn. So took back to 6.5.

Katana could now be made every time but seemed a bit clunky again for my other shots.

Then thought, in for a penny in for a pound, let’s go for it! So raised it to 7......

WOW I MEAN WOW!!

Katana now good 80-90% of the time and all the shots feel SO MUCH BETTER!

Sorry for all the shouting. Better flow, more fun and actually a little easier. Love the new speed too.

Happy as @eskaybee

#6471 3 years ago

So happy I forgot to say a big thanks to 85vett !

Thanks dude!!

#6472 3 years ago

And everyone that’s not at 7, go change it right now.

#6473 3 years ago

Go on, do it now!

#6474 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

OMFG! So I moved the outlane posts, adjusted the end of the katana guide a little more. Adjusted sensitivity of slings slightly and then increased to 6.75.
Shots became smooth, but katana clunked when hit from launch orbit. Damn. So took back to 6.5.
Katana could now be made every time but seemed a bit clunky again for my other shots.
Then thought, in for a penny in for a pound, let’s go for it! So raised it to 7......
WOW I MEAN WOW!!
Katana now good 80-90% of the time and all the shots feel SO MUCH BETTER!
Sorry for all the shouting. Better flow, more fun and actually a little easier. Love the new speed too.
Happy as eskaybee

Glad that worked for you and your game is playing better. It really is amazing on how some minor tweaks to settings and the pitch of a game can so drastically change how it plays.

#6475 3 years ago

Figured I'd share this here. My wife and kids contracted out to a friend of my wife's grandfather that apparently is really good with crochet and had this made. The swords even come out of Deadpool's holster. Thinking I'll find a way to mount it to the top of my game to make it a topper. Not really a topper guy but, maybe because of sentimental reason's of being a fathers day gift, I thought it was pretty cool.

thumbnail (resized).jpgthumbnail (resized).jpg

#6476 3 years ago

I think we just found the perfect topper for you Deadpool owners...and only $99!

https://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Interactive-Electronic-App-Enhanced-Collectible/dp/B083ZYW827/ref=sr_1_13

DP TOPPER (resized).jpgDP TOPPER (resized).jpg

#6477 3 years ago

NIB Deadpool Pro unboxed on 9/6/2019...

IMG_8728 (resized).JPGIMG_8728 (resized).JPGIMG_8731 (resized).JPGIMG_8731 (resized).JPGIMG_8730 (resized).JPGIMG_8730 (resized).JPG
#6478 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

At least Stern tested it...extensively.

#6479 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

At least Stern tested it...extensively.

To funny, but unless I'm misinterpreting things, I think the goal was to show some averages after 2500 plays.

True story though, when I bought my most recent NIB I actually asked if I could have my game go through the extensive playtest QC check and that I was fine with a some playfield dimples and ball trails because of it. No luck though requesting my game to be part of that or to have it done. It may be something else that I'm mistaken on but I thought they pulled random games and actually played them before boxing as part of QC. Not sure if they still do that or if they ever did.

#6480 3 years ago

Finally placed an order for a dp premium .

Looking for the stern dp shooter rod, and a set of graphic side blades (which ones are best?)

Please pm me if you have either to sell.

Thanks guys!

#6481 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

To funny, but unless I'm misinterpreting things, I think the goal was to show some averages after 2500 plays.

I think you got it right. I just put a turn on the post.

#6482 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think you got it right. I just put a turn on the post.

Yeah - I could have worded my post better!

I reached 2500 plays in just under 10 months.

#6483 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Showing current high scores and average scores after 2500 plays..

#6484 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I think most people got what you were trying to say. But you left the opening for a Stern joke, so I took it.

#6485 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think most people got what you were trying to say. But you left the opening for a Stern joke, so I took it.

Yeah, it was funny too. I was probably being dense as well.

#6486 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! That is a lot of plays in that time. Are those plays mostly by you?

#6487 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Nice! That is a lot of plays in that time. Are those plays mostly by you?

Yes, probably 2485 of them! My other machines are getting lonely!

#6488 3 years ago

Mine was new in March 2019. 3500 odd plays. Definitely not posting the average score. my god that's impressive.

dp12 (resized).jpgdp12 (resized).jpg
#6489 3 years ago

I’m slacking. Here’s mine since April 2019.

ADBB8535-76AD-40CF-B46B-9D3509ADB26A (resized).jpegADBB8535-76AD-40CF-B46B-9D3509ADB26A (resized).jpeg

Here’s a stat I really like to see. Not too many long games (but I do have my game setup pretty hard).

D7CE984D-6866-45C0-9666-C547541F97AE (resized).jpegD7CE984D-6866-45C0-9666-C547541F97AE (resized).jpeg

Average score

8F1DF2A3-E2C8-4FC9-BDFD-A51852116080 (resized).jpeg8F1DF2A3-E2C8-4FC9-BDFD-A51852116080 (resized).jpeg

Coincidence that my very first game after checking audits is nearly spot on with average score?!? Hahahaha49966582-39B2-4BCB-906B-1605396698D2 (resized).jpeg49966582-39B2-4BCB-906B-1605396698D2 (resized).jpeg

#6490 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Finally placed an order for a dp premium .
Looking for the stern dp shooter rod, and a set of graphic side blades (which ones are best?)
Please pm me if you have either to sell.
Thanks guys!

I like the Stern blades the best.

#6491 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Coincidence that my very first game after checking audits is nearly spot on with average score?!? Hahahaha[quoted image]

Game 2: 188 mil
Game 3: 50 mil
LOL

Then, decided to play one more game for the night, and....
...30 Mil! LOL

Next game after that....<100 mil

Ok, one more....<100 mil again

Next game...another crappy <100 mil

Next game...3x and 4x sauron super JP’s followed by about a 5 minute mech suit mb for 500 mil! And when the dust settled, I got the music with the *high pitch* “ooooooo eeeeeeeeee” just made the HS table at 1.75B. Come on Tanio, where’s my mech suit mb and sauron super JP high score table!!!?!!!

#6492 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Game 2: 188 mil
Game 3: 50 mil
LOL
Then, decided to play one more game for the night, and....
...30 Mil! LOL
Next game after that....<100 mil
Ok, one more....<100 mil again
Next game...another crappy <100 mil
Next game...3x and 4x sauron super JP’s followed by about a 5 minute mech suit mb for 500 mil! And when the dust settled, I got the music with the *high pitch* “ooooooo eeeeeeeeee” just made the HS table at 1.75B. Come on Tanio, where’s my mech suit mb and sauron super JP high score table!!!?!!!

I would love to see some vanity scores recorded in this game. I had a 260 million point bonus in a game the other night that I feel I deserved recognition for.

#6493 3 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

I would love to see some vanity scores recorded in this game. I had a 260 million point bonus in a game the other night that I feel I deserved recognition for.

Wow. I hope you let the whole bonus count out at the end of your ball, that had be multiple beers long.

#6494 3 years ago

You have to let it count down after a ball like that.

To get your breath back and stop your legs shaking a bit.

#6495 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Wow. I hope you let the whole bonus count out at the end of your ball, that had be multiple beers long.

Ha! I went to the bathroom to take a leak, came back, cracked another beer and it was still counting down the bonus.

#6496 3 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

Ha! I went to the bathroom to take a leak, came back, cracked another beer and it was still counting down the bonus.

The pitch gets really high on the counter...

#6497 3 years ago

Game 2502 (2501 was 150 million)!

D2807D1F-F6E8-4A66-9D84-8D366F8DB6E4 (resized).jpegD2807D1F-F6E8-4A66-9D84-8D366F8DB6E4 (resized).jpeg
#6498 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I like the Stern blades the best.

Thank you

Stern shooter rod and or stern art blades, anyone got em for sale?

1A6BDA77-84C6-47A1-A474-7EA06CA9A19A (resized).jpeg1A6BDA77-84C6-47A1-A474-7EA06CA9A19A (resized).jpeg
#6499 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The pitch gets really high on the counter...

the pitch seems to flatten out at about 30-40 million....

#6500 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Game 2502 (2501 was 150 million)! [quoted image]

Show off

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Grovetown, GA
$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Buffalo, NY
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation
Shooter rods
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,196 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 324.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/130 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.