(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,195 posts
  • 1,083 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 hours ago by SiN13
  • Topic is favorited by 556 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1688 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1689 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240327_001906_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240327_001709_Chrome (resized).jpg
IMG_8452 (resized).jpg
IMG_8453 (resized).jpg
IMG_8454 (resized).jpg
IMG_8455 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240323_200809 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240326_153304_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
20240326_103932 (resized).jpg
20240326_103906 (resized).jpg
IMG_8461 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,195 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 324.
#6101 3 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

Weight does not equal better quality. I mean, if that's the case, I hope you are driving a 70's car still. Those things are tanks, but I wouldn't call them better quality necessarily. Technology and manufacturing advance and give us better materials and ways of doing things

Yes, but todays CC is not better apparently and playfields are still made of wood. Also metal parts are thinner and break sooner. Also less mechanical devices are the norm. The only tech that's really changed is the LED lighting and LCD displays and computer/electronic tech and software to drive them. Also the deeper rule sets. None of which are a problem. And thinner wood and thinner metal do equal less weight.

#6102 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I understand that in the olden days Dialed In only had an LE and CE, but with the SE JJP does now that is roughly equivalent to a Prem, that's not true anymore. JJP is less expensive than Stern.
JJP SE $7500 (retail)
Stern Prem $7699 (retail)
$199 MORE is not "far less"

Thats still not apples to apples though. JJP SE(cheapest version) is $7500 (retail). Stern Deadpool Pro (cheapest version) is $6099 (retail).

#6103 3 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

Thats still not apples to apples though. JJP SE(cheapest version) is $7500 (retail). Stern Deadpool Pro (cheapest version) is $6099 (retail).

We really should be comparing JJP retail prices (which is the lowest you pay regardless) with Stern street pricing, we all know their msrp is well above what we actually pay and what their bottom dollar
is on a sales price. That would be a more accurate comparison in pricing.

#6104 3 years ago

Prem/LE owners - I've been told that the right ramp diverter is adjustable and should not be making contact with the PF. I would 100% check yours now before your PF gets damaged like mine has been.

#6105 3 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

A Stern Pro isn't in the same UNIVERSE as a JJP SE. That fails on coil count alone. JJP SE to Stern Premium is as close to an apples to apples BoM level comparison as you can get.

Quoted from gecko157:

We really should be comparing JJP retail prices (which is the lowest you pay regardless) with Stern street pricing, we all know their msrp is well above what we actually pay and what their bottom dollar
is on a sales price. That would be a more accurate comparison in pricing.

But even with THAT, there's still not a huge price difference between a Stern Prem and a JJP SE.

#6106 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Prem/LE owners - I've been told that the right ramp diverter is adjustable and should not be making contact with the PF. I would 100% check yours now before your PF gets damaged like mine has been.

I'll be opening game in a few weeks.

I think I'll put a piece of mylar down there to be on the safe side.

#6107 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

OK, speaking of PF's. Prem/LE owners. Is your playfield beat to hell under the right orbit ramp? I've only had my game for 3 months and 268 plays on it I can't believe they didn't put mylar there...

My LE has mylar there, everything looks fine. Must've been missed when yours was built

I also don't have problems with the speakers or anything, only issue I have had on mine was the katana shot guide digging into the clear, but caught it early luckily.

#6108 3 years ago

Can we stop the JJP vs Stern and/or crap on Stern quality conversation? Don't think the owners thread is the place to get into all of that. Plenty of those threads already.

#6109 3 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Can we stop the JJP vs Stern and/or crap on Stern quality conversation? Don't think the owners thread is the place to get into all of that. Plenty of those threads already.

You're right!
Perhaps it would be more appropriate for the stock market traders thread. After all, it just took a giant crap on my 401k. That reminded me of how I need to enjoy living for today more. So I bought a Deadpool. No regrets..

#6110 3 years ago

Hey anyone else have trouble w the "center spinner" bracket bending ?
I think I'm going to need to order one.
It bent so far the ball got stuck under it

#6111 3 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Both spinner brackets are pretty soft metal. Should be real easy to bend back into the right shape.

#6112 3 years ago

FYI to all that joeraptor2003 from PinGraffix is planning on making some plastic protectors for Deadpool which will include a protector for the left ramp. I'm super excited that someone will get this to market as the left ramp is super susceptible to cracking. I'll let you all know when I get the kit in and will post pictures as well as any details specific to the kit.

#6113 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Both spinner brackets are pretty soft metal. Should be real easy to bend back into the right shape.

Thanks I did, and then it bent again and the ball got stuck.
Once the metal "yields" then its weaker at that point and will keep bending there.

Was just wondering if anyone else was having the same problem.

#6114 3 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Thanks I did, and then it bent again and the ball got stuck.
Once the metal "yields" then its weaker at that point and will keep bending there.
Was just wondering if anyone else was having the same problem.

Not for me on the center spinner. My left spinner likes to raise up though. I've had to push it back down (to be flush) about a half dozen times.

#6115 3 years ago

Hey all I’m part of the club. Just ordered a NIB from Trent.

What do I need to do to bulletproof this thing. I ordered the pro model. Have cliffy’s on order. Are there any other protector sets I should order or trouble spots I should be placing Mylar down?

#6116 3 years ago
Quoted from gecko157:

What do I need to do to bulletproof this thing. I ordered the pro model. Have cliffy’s on order. Are there any other protector sets I should order or trouble spots I should be placing Mylar down?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/protecting-katana-lane-entrance-from-playfield-damage

#6117 3 years ago
Quoted from gecko157:

Congrats!!!

#6118 3 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Looking for the Wolverine spinner bracket.
It seems the only part number listed in the manual is the switch itself.

IS there any way to find this part number?

#6119 3 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Looking for the Wolverine spinner bracket.
It seems the only part number listed in the manual is the switch itself.
IS there any way to find this part number?

Page 35 in the Pro manual, part # 511-7877-00.

#6120 3 years ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

Page 35 in the Pro manual, part # 511-7877-00.

Thanks, sorry just found it

#6121 3 years ago

Any idea where I can get clear slingshot rubbers?
I've checked
Marco
pinball life
planetary
cointaker

#6122 3 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

I've checked
Marco
pinball life
planetary
cointaker

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=52

Technically silicone, not rubber for these, but they're what you're looking for. Red looks pretty boss on deadpool slings, too.

Pinball Life has the perfect play ones, which are what I normally use:
https://www.pinballlife.com/search.html?Search=perfectplay

#6123 3 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

I've checked
Marco
pinball life
planetary
cointaker

I got these from pinball life.

20200501_172740 (resized).jpg20200501_172740 (resized).jpg
#6124 3 years ago

Does anyone have an extra fully-working 520-8046-00b board they would sell? Half my lights are either out or stuck on and I swapped out my node 9 board and think that's the issue. Thanks

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6126 3 years ago
Quoted from DK:

Does anyone have an extra fully-working 520-8046-00b board they would sell? Half my lights are either out or stuck on and I swapped out my node 9 board and think that's the issue. Thanks

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/520-8046-00

#6127 3 years ago
Quoted from DK:

Check with borygard here on pinside. He can fix many node boards.

#6128 3 years ago
Quoted from DK:

Did you try asking Stern? They’ve sent me stuff in the past even though I wasn’t the original owner. P.S. are you still routing pins in Naples? We met at Nice Guys a couple years ago.

#6129 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

FYI to all that joeraptor2003 from PinGraffix is planning on making some plastic protectors for Deadpool which will include a protector for the left ramp. I'm super excited that someone will get this to market as the left ramp is super susceptible to cracking. I'll let you all know when I get the kit in and will post pictures as well as any details specific to the kit.

Hope he includes one for the scoop...

Look what I just found...

IMG_20200502_162134259 (resized).jpgIMG_20200502_162134259 (resized).jpg
#6130 3 years ago
Quoted from BelleHall:

Hope he includes one for the scoop...
Look what I just found...[quoted image]

Mine cracked EXACTLY like that!
Also the one on the right of Little Dead pool.

Added over 4 years ago:

Which is one large plastic and there is no protector made for it.

Added over 4 years ago:

The one around lil Deadpool I mean..

#6131 3 years ago

I installed this kit yesterday and was blown away! It is fabulous. I dimmed it down because it can be very bright. Not a problem with reflection off the playfield glass at all. Also, a bent plastic DMD guard solves it if you do want it really bright. Simple to install and well worth the money. Best speaker light kit ever! Just get the 'Plastic Canvas set for SPIKE 2' he sells for an extra $2.50. They sit behind the foam and work great to evenly spread the light!

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/

#6132 3 years ago

All this speaker talk has me wanting to upgrade my plain DP pro speaker grills. I really like how Data East used symbols for their game theme on each speaker (painted on grill). Does anyone make a DP speaker decal or sticker that has the DP symbol? The best option would be painted directly to the grill, or a complex (perforated) sticker/decal that is applied over the speaker grill. Just a thought.

20200502_193148 (resized).jpg20200502_193148 (resized).jpg20200502_193156 (resized).jpg20200502_193156 (resized).jpg

#6133 3 years ago
Quoted from durgee7:

Does anyone make a DP speaker decal or sticker that has the DP symbol?

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Acrylic-Designs.html

#6134 3 years ago

Thanks, Mr_Outlane! Now I need to figure out if additional lighting is necessary. I like the lil' DP white/clear design best. That's a nice looking acrylic.

#6135 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I installed this kit yesterday and was blown away! It is fabulous. I dimmed it down because it can be very bright. Not a problem with reflection off the playfield glass at all. Also, a bent plastic DMD guard solves it if you do want it really bright. Simple to install and well worth the money. Best speaker light kit ever! Just get the 'Plastic Canvas set for SPIKE 2' he sells for an extra $2.50. They sit behind the foam and work great to evenly spread the light!
http://www.speakerlightkits.com/

Pretty sure that's the one i put in mine.

#6136 3 years ago
Quoted from durgee7:

Thanks, Mr_Outlane! Now I need to figure out if additional lighting is necessary. I like the lil' DP white/clear design best. That's a nice looking acrylic.

I put the Star Trek acrylic in my ST pro with the RGB LED lights and it is beautiful!

#6137 3 years ago
Quoted from PoolFan:

I like the look of the art blades but decided to go with the mirror blades.
[quoted image]

Looks great. Do you mind sharing the establishment you purchased the blades from?

#6138 3 years ago

Left speaker panel Done!

DSC_0138 (resized).JPGDSC_0138 (resized).JPG
#6139 3 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Left speaker panel Done!
[quoted image]

Screenshot_20200503-211129_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200503-211129_Google (resized).jpg
#6140 3 years ago

Just noticed chipping behind my lil deadpool targets. Apologies if this has been reported by others. Didn’t come up in my search.

Anyone else had this?

8890AD31-DFED-45C0-A38C-55AC4A3AAAF8 (resized).jpeg8890AD31-DFED-45C0-A38C-55AC4A3AAAF8 (resized).jpeg
#6141 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Just noticed chipping behind my lil deadpool targets. Apologies if this has been reported by others. Didn’t come up in my search.
Anyone else had this?
[quoted image]

Yeah, it happens. Cliff makes a protector for that area:

https://www.passionforpinball.com/WIP/DP-3-bank.jpg

#6142 3 years ago

Just curious how many of you have bothered with a playfield protector on your Deadpool? Any pros or cons in your experience?

#6143 3 years ago

where can i find the original red rubbers from the posts? i think its not silicon, since silicon is much more bouncier.
I am also looking for broken plasics replacement, where can i get it from? and would it be free, since its a new game?

#6144 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, it happens. Cliff makes a protector for that area:
https://www.passionforpinball.com/WIP/DP-3-bank.jpg

Thanks @vireland. I probably need to get the scoop protector as well. Shame Stern don’t offer these to customers. It’s not right for a new game.

On another note does anyone know where to get the spots that are used in deadpool?

#6145 3 years ago
Quoted from gecko157:

Just curious how many of you have bothered with a playfield protector on your Deadpool? Any pros or cons in your experience?

I have a protector on my DP pro. I think it's doing a good job. My one issue is that the clear and protector can give off a wet look in some areas, similar to newton rings. You won't necessarily have this issue with older playfields.

The protector keeps me from worrying about adding mylar here or there. Unfortunately, it doesn't extend down the shooter lane, but has good playfield coverage overall.

It's been around 1 year and still no dust or dirt showing underneath. I vacuum and wipe down on occasion.

#6146 3 years ago

I had one on mine. Plays much better without and dimples were present anyway when I removed it..

#6147 3 years ago

You like it too ?

#6148 3 years ago

Finally got the GC back after my wife's friend took it a while back. One day I'll not suck at this game (maybe).

20200503_231208 (resized).jpg20200503_231208 (resized).jpg
#6149 3 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

You like it too ?

Not meant to be harsh. Just a light hearted jab. I just couldnt unsee gingerbread man after seeing gingerpool.

#6150 3 years ago

My stock hole protector cracked (thanks to the guy that noticed it on my stream and pointed it out to me). Stern sent me a replacement but I decided to try my luck with a real Cliffy. The Cliffy one actually matches the contour of the wood around hole and makes it a little easier to make the shot.

IMG_2009 (resized).jpegIMG_2009 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
6,800 (Firm)
$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley
Decorations
$ 64.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball
Toys/Add-ons
8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 25.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
Led
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Shooter rods
There are 16,195 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 324.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/123 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.