(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,295 posts
  • 1,092 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 hours ago by Magicman
  • Topic is favorited by 557 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 326.
#5901 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I have some issues, maybey you can help me.
- From time to time the machine does not start, what can i do?
- I have had one game restart during gameplay.
- I get alot of scoop rejects, the ball goes in and somehow it jumps out again. My PF is leveled and at 6.8° pitch.
- I get alot of bricks at the left orbit spinner, up- and downwards
- The snikt target moves over time. would such a thing help?
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=BK3
- When lil deadpool releases the ball in deadpool frenzy mode, i get center drains most of the time. there are situations ball save will not be active so I'm forced to slide- or slapsave
Here some things i tweaked successfully:
I fixed the anoying left orbit feed into the slingshot, by loosening up the two screws, pushing out the metal guide as far as possible and tightening those screws again. A tiny bit can make all the difference.
I bent the middle metal piece of the tiny horse shoe shot to the right, that way I was able to reduce bricking and rejecting balls there.
I have no problems with the katana ramp, its perfect.
I went back from silicone rubbers to original, slingshot airballs- no thanks, same with my JP Prem.
I put washers or mylar nearly under every metal guide or post, to avoid clear coat damage like on my JP Prem.

anyone anything?

#5902 4 years ago
Quoted from BigJoeCincy:

I was just thinking about adding some spotlights to my deadpool and came across this post. So do you remember what size post you used? Also Im assuming the post would have to be a bigger size on the bottom and smaller on the top for the smaller screw size? Thats what im thinking needed to be done from my research.
Also has anyone found where you can buy those little nano spotlights? I like those. My munsters has a few also.

He's referring to installing Comet's upgrade kit, which includes everything you need: https://www.cometpinball.com/products/deadpool-general-illumination-upgrade-kit

I recently did the same (you can see my before & after pics a few pages back), and it makes a massive difference. In my opinion swapping out the red & clear white GI bulbs is just as or more important than the spotlights.

#5903 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I have some issues, maybe you can help me.

Here's my best attempt:

- From time to time the machine does not start, what can i do?
A: Start with checking the switch, work your way back from there. Look what is in the same switch matrix and check those.

- I have had one game restart during gameplay.
A: No idea without any further information. May have something to do with the same issue as the machine not starting. Again, check start switch (for reference, holding the start button will restart a game).

- I get alot of scoop rejects, the ball goes in and somehow it jumps out again. My PF is leveled and at 6.8° pitch.
A: Check your scoop protector, then check scoop mechanism.

- I get alot of bricks at the left orbit spinner, up- and downwards
A: Test it with the glass off and by hand. Video it in slow motion to see where it is getting hung up.

- The snikt target moves over time. would such a thing help?
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=BK3
A: Buy an anti-sway bracket from PinballLife.

- When lil deadpool releases the ball in deadpool frenzy mode, i get center drains most of the time. there are situations ball save will not be active so I'm forced to slide- or slapsave.
A: Change to a thicker post sleeve.

#5904 4 years ago

Hey everyone. What is the latest code? Also in my search for a shot map, I heard theres a video that kind of explains things during attract mode. Is that available online somewhere, I tried youtube to no avail

#5905 4 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Hey everyone. What is the latest code? Also in my search for a shot map, I heard theres a video that kind of explains things during attract mode. Is that available online somewhere, I tried youtube to no avail

1.02 is the current code.

No idea if anyone posted the attract mode video with the demo.

Buffalo Pinball has a nice tutorial:

#5906 4 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

To find the latest code for Sterns and the read me file for changes, always go here.

https://sternpinball.com/support/game-code/

#5907 4 years ago

1.03 is the code for machines with the coin door switch.

#5908 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Ah, right, forgot about that release!

#5909 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

1.02 is the current code.
No idea if anyone posted the attract mode video with the demo.
Buffalo Pinball has a nice tutorial:

Thanks! I like this one, to be honest I like having right and left orbits, and thru all the pics I couldn't even tell there was a right orbit, so thanks!

#5910 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

For anyone with a damaged scoop protector I'd highly recommend you reach out to Cliffy. He sent me a modified Ghostbusters scoop protector, and it works flawlessly. I have no more scoop rejects and it offers a lot more protection in general than the one Stern ships with. It looks like his bent with a radius instead of a straight bend like the stock protector, which is why I think the stock protector is splitting for so many people.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is this the best way to deal with scoop rejects because I was thinking about the coil springs someone else mentioned to lower the power. The rejects just seem to be a shot that's too fast/strong bouncing in and out.

#5911 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Where is that located? I only see 1.02 on Sterns Site.

#5912 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Where is that located? I only see 1.02 on Sterns Site.

I don't think they have it available on their website... identical to 1.02, just with the interlock switch behind coin door support.

New games from late last year started shipping with 1.03. Mine has an August 22, 2019 build date and it has 1.03 code.

#5913 4 years ago

Does anybody know when this soundtrack plays in gameplay?

#5914 4 years ago

not positive but sounds like that's when u are in disco multi-ball mode.

also depends if are running the modded sound version.

#5915 4 years ago

Thanks!
How do I run modded sound version?

#5917 4 years ago

Thank you!

#5918 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballfan2000:

I only hear that when I'm adjusting the volume. It may be a sample of one of the disco modes also.

#5919 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballfan2000:

Definitely disco multi-ball. Hit the left orbit until your disco spins gets to zero and hit it again to start the mode.

#5920 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

I only hear that when I'm adjusting the volume. It may be a sample of one of the disco modes also.

Thank you!

Quoted from daveyvandy:

Definitely disco multi-ball. Hit the left orbit until your disco spins gets to zero and hit it again to start the mode.

Thank you!

#5921 4 years ago

TIPS? Can anyone share the best combos to get weapons? You can kinda go left and right ramps but just wondering if you're going for 100 weapons what's the preferred method?

#5922 4 years ago
Quoted from coop:

TIPS? Can anyone share the best combos to get weapons? You can kinda go left and right ramps but just wondering if you're going for 100 weapons what's the preferred method?

Shoot the center spinner, then live catch. Backhand the left ramp and combo into center spinner. Repeat.

You can also try this. Shoot left ramp, hold flipper up and bump it over to the right flipper. Repeat.

If trapping up is not your thing, you can try to combo the right orbit on the fly. Sometimes I can get 3 or 4 in a row that way.

For style points, Shoot right orbit, combo on the fly to Katana ramp, shoot left ramp followed by center spinner, live catch, repeat!

#5923 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

For anyone with a damaged scoop protector I'd highly recommend you reach out to Cliffy. He sent me a modified Ghostbusters scoop protector, and it works flawlessly. I have no more scoop rejects and it offers a lot more protection in general than the one Stern ships with. It looks like his bent with a radius instead of a straight bend like the stock protector, which is why I think the stock protector is splitting for so many people.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'm not sure mines split as I can't find a problem but I just ordered the real Cliffy and I hope that helps. I don't have a ton of scoop rejects but I would like it to be zero.

#5924 4 years ago

I ordered the cliffy version as well. Mine is not split at all but I get a crap ton of rejects. I'd say over 50% on clean shots with the right flipper. Only real way to make sure it stays is a backhand with the left flipper.

#5925 4 years ago

If stern could add a coil settings for the flippers this would help slow the rejects from the scoop...

#5926 4 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

If stern could add a coil settings for the flippers this would help slow the rejects from the scoop...

I've been thinking the same damn thing.

#5927 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

For style points, Shoot right orbit, combo on the fly to Katana ramp, shoot left ramp followed by center spinner, live catch, repeat!

My personal favorite is right orbit to a jet propelled scorching brick shot to the Lil' DP drop targets.

#5928 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

It almost sounds hollow all of a sudden.

With regards to the sound drop out we just had this happen in a way similar to what's quoted from 85vett . Definitely not running stock speakers here. The backbox became "hollow" or "thin" like previous comments. All three channels were working. A power cycle fixed the issue. First time event after about a year of ownership. I don't think this is an impedance / loading issue since the PinWoofer amp presents a 16Ohm load to the factory amp. Does not seem like a mechanical issue (loose speaker mounts, etc.).

#5929 4 years ago

Is there any other ways to get an extra ball besides the first weapons around 15, and the extremely rare mystery?

#5930 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Is there any other ways to get an extra ball besides the first weapons around 15, and the extremely rare mystery?

Weapons is dynamic, so the number of weapons for an extra ball changes. I believe that you can set the high score replay award to extra ball also in the settings.

You can also set your base game for 4, 5, or up to 10 balls. No worrying about where to score an extra ball during the game that way if that's what you're mainly looking for.

#5931 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Weapons is dynamic, so the number of weapons for an extra ball changes. I believe that you can set the high score replay award to extra ball also in the settings.
You can also set your base game for 4, 5, or up to 10 balls. No worrying about where to score an extra ball during the game that way if that's what you're mainly looking for.

I was just telling my son if i changed it to 5 ball i could probably beat the game, but that would be cheating. I want to keep it factory settings so its not cheating (to me, i guess since i own it its only cheating if i say it is!) Ill just keep trying i guess. Maybe someday the mystery will light it. 1200 plays and i think its happened twice

#5932 4 years ago

I have a noob question: so this isn't really designed from the movie right? Looks like a great gane though

#5933 4 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

I have a noob question: so this isn't really designed from the movie right? Looks like a great gane though

Right. Loosely based on the comics, and better for it.

#5934 4 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

With regards to the sound drop out we just had this happen in a way similar to what's quoted from 85vett . Definitely not running stock speakers here. The backbox became "hollow" or "thin" like previous comments. All three channels were working. A power cycle fixed the issue. First time event after about a year of ownership. I don't think this is an impedance / loading issue since the PinWoofer amp presents a 16Ohm load to the factory amp. Does not seem like a mechanical issue (loose speaker mounts, etc.).

Any thoughts on the cause? The odd part is the difference in frequency between games. Some people it's rare while others more common. It happens nearly every time I turn the game on and play more than 1 game.

#5935 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Any thoughts on the cause? The odd part is the difference in frequency between games. Some people it's rare while others more common. It happens nearly every time I turn the game on and play more than 1 game.

I wonder if a frequency analyzer app could show you what the affected ranges are?

#5936 4 years ago

I also have experienced a strange audio dropout on occasion. Maybe 10 times in 4 months. (~ 700 games).

Recently I have noticed that my auto-plunge has weakened and the ball barely gets over to the left orbit. One time not making it. Seems to weaken as the game goes. Starts out strong. Anyone have an idea on this or have also experienced this?

Thanks!

#5937 4 years ago

So I've had my LE still in the box for 10 months. New baby and moving to a new house everything got put on the back burner. I really want to get this game opened. Since it's my first NIB are there any protectors I should be installing before we play the first game?

IMG_20190612_204639.jpgIMG_20190612_204639.jpg
#5938 4 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

So I've had my LE still in the box for 10 months. New baby and moving to a new house everything got put on the back burner. I really want to get this game opened. Since it's my first NIB are there any protectors I should be installing before we play the first game?[quoted image]

You can play right away, but I'd get mylar under the end of the right katana ramp entrance ball guide by Li'l Deadpool and a thin washer under the first post that holds it to the PF so it raises it just a smidge to prevent the edge from scratching through the clear from that guide flexing.

Also, get a set of cliffies ordered (hellhouse scoop, shooter lane, especially), and put a clear plastic protector UNDER the plastic on the front left ramp where it feeds the left flipper. That one has been cracking for a fair number of people from ball impacts up the ramp.

Here's an example of the lane guide scratching through clear from flexing at the turn (it also happens at the front). The white powder is the tell. That's clearcoat being scraped off
clear-digging (resized).jpgclear-digging (resized).jpg

Here's the mod installed. A washer to raise the guide a bit and clear mylar under the front area.
lane-mod-9_sml (resized).jpglane-mod-9_sml (resized).jpg

#5939 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You can play right away, but I'd get mylar under the end of the right katana ramp entrance ball guide by Li'l Deadpool and a thin washer under the first post that holds it to the PF so it raises it just a smidge to prevent the edge from scratching through the clear from that guide flexing.
Also, get a set of cliffies ordered, and put a clear plastic protector UNDER the plastic on the front left ramp where it feeds the left flipper. That one has been cracking for a fair number of people from ball impacts up the ramp.
Here's an example of the lane guide scratching through clear from flexing at the turn (it also happens at the front). The white powder is the tell. That's clearcoat being scraped off
[quoted image]
Here's the mod installed. A washer to raise the guide a bit and clear mylar under the front area.[quoted image]

can you take pictures of each area please? thanks

#5940 4 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

can you take pictures of each area please? thanks

Each of what area? The shooter lane? I think everyone knows where that is.

I posted pics of the most important one, the katana entrance. I have a how-to post that shows the whole process of fixing that area preventatively here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/protecting-katana-lane-entrance-from-playfield-damage

#5941 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Each of what area? The shooter lane? I think everyone knows where that is.
I posted pics of the most important one, the katana entrance. I have a how-to post that shows the whole process of fixing that area preventatively here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/protecting-katana-lane-entrance-from-playfield-damage

you mentioned the left ramp?

#5942 4 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

you mentioned the left ramp?

Yeah. I’m about to cut a metal protector for that ramp. DP comes with a plastic protector already installed now and it is not enough. I doubt going 3 deep on plastics would make much of a difference.

#5943 4 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

Since it's my first NIB are there any protectors I should be installing before we play the first game?

Turn down the power on the coil that sends balls into the launcher lane. It will beat your launcher lane to death. Install lane protectors, yes, but still. Turn down that coil in the settings. Like half.

#5944 4 years ago
Quoted from scottslash:

Turn down the power on the coil that sends balls into the launcher lane. It will beat your launcher lane to death. Install lane protectors, yes, but still. Turn down that coil in the settings. Like half.

I have my trough eject power set to the minimum value and it works just fine. It's crazy how hard balls smack into the shooter lane by default. That plus some mylar has kept it looking spiffy.

#5945 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Yeah. I’m about to cut a metal protector for that ramp. DP comes with a plastic protector already installed now and it is not enough. I doubt going 3 deep on plastics would make much of a difference.

I can't imagine a nice .250" or .375" PETG wouldn't be enough. PET-G is really tough the thicker you go.

Also coil power set to soft.

#5946 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I can't imagine a nice .250" or .375" PETG wouldn't be enough. PET-G is really tough the thicker you go.

I didn’t want to worry about it so I went ahead and cut a piece of metal. Pic attached is from a test fit. Painted the top black and sanded the edges to look like a blade.

44239157-E91F-4D06-8EA8-CAAE536B4346 (resized).jpeg44239157-E91F-4D06-8EA8-CAAE536B4346 (resized).jpeg
#5947 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Has anyone been making that plastic with PET-G?

#5948 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

I didn’t want to worry about it so I went ahead and cut a piece of metal. Pic attached is from a test fit. Painted the top black and sanded the edges to look like a blade.[quoted image]

It's a nice job, but I think I want the visibility there in the turnaround.

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Dunno. If no one has and there enough interest, I can make some.

#5949 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I cut a piece of standard thickness PETG prior to going the metal route. Still cracked at the screw holes. I didn't go quite as thick as quarter-inch or three-eighths as PinMonk mentioned, but I got tired of worrying about it.

#5950 4 years ago

I'll add back the standard plastic w/ deadpool in a hammock on top of the metal. You're right that the only loss is not being able to see through the turn-around. Not an issue for me, but I can see how others might want that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Parsippany, NJ
$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/119 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.