(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,196 posts
  • 1,083 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by drwicket
  • Topic is favorited by 556 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7899 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1688 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1689 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240327_001906_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240327_001709_Chrome (resized).jpg
IMG_8452 (resized).jpg
IMG_8453 (resized).jpg
IMG_8454 (resized).jpg
IMG_8455 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240323_200809 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240326_153304_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
20240326_103932 (resized).jpg
20240326_103906 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,196 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 324.
#5701 4 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Finally got all the playfield mods installed on my Pro. I have the Lermods Disco Ball, the Chimichanga truck fire and Hellhouse from the Mod Couple, all the Vireland insert coloring mods, lighted speaker frames from Doug Freeze, Voodoo Glass and mirror blades from Cointaker, the katana handle from Mezel Mods, and Pinstadium Omegas (though those have been temporarily removed to fix a solder joint issue with the light bars). One of the best mods is the backbox speaker upgrades from PinWoofer (but you can't see that in the picture!) The only remaining mod I have to do is lighted hinge covers from lightedpinballmods.com. Oh yeah I got one of those PSW10 subwoofers last time they were on sale at Amazon, and running it from the Pinnovators sub kit. Oh also have lighted flipper buttons and an external volume control from Pinball Life, and the topper from Tilttopper (though it doesn't show in the picture.
Loving this game! I know I'm still in the honeymoon phase with it but it's hard to not play "just one more game" everytime I step up to it.[quoted image]

Definitely recommend the anti-sway target bracket from pinball life. Only thing I have found to keep the Snikt target in place.

#5702 4 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Definitely recommend the anti-sway target bracket from pinball life. Only thing I have found to keep the Snikt target in place.

Aren't they shipping with this from the factory now?

#5703 4 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I have that but haven’t installed yet

#5704 4 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I want one of these for my Maiden Clairvoyant target but my shipping estimate for one was $43.43 usd lol

#5705 4 years ago

Many pinball suppliers try to kill any chance that us Canadians will make purchases. Boo urns.

Screenshot_20200322-195637_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200322-195637_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200322-195647_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200322-195647_Chrome (resized).jpg
#5706 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Many pinball suppliers try to kill any chance that us Canadians will make purchases. Boo urns.[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow! That's some ridiculous shipping cost! I will say..Pinball Life shipping isn't the cheapest, even for me living in Raleigh, NC area. I try stocking up on lots of items from PBL to make the shipping cost a little less painful.

#5707 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Many pinball suppliers try to kill any chance that us Canadians will make purchases. Boo urns.[quoted image][quoted image]

UPS is the problem there. USPS to Canada is still expensive, but nowhere near that.

#5708 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

UPS is the problem there. USPS to Canada is still expensive, but nowhere near that.

I've shipped plenty your way for MUCH cheaper. Either shipping in the US is just much more expensive than our dog sled couriers or these companies are just over quiting by a land slide. I buy plenty off Ebay with fair shipping. (Usually....stupid pitney bowes)

#5709 4 years ago

Having said all that. If someone is ordering some and wants to order an extra one (or 2) and throw it in a small bubble wrap envelope, I'd pay them for their help
Postal code is L9C 1Y8 for shipping quotes.
I bet it's about $10 tops in an envelope.

#5710 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I've shipped plenty your way for MUCH cheaper. Either shipping in the US is just much more expensive than our dog sled couriers or these companies are just over quiting by a land slide. I buy plenty off Ebay with fair shipping. (Usually....stupid pitney bowes)

You haven't with UPS, have you? UPS to Canada is always outrageous.

#5711 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You haven't with UPS, have you? UPS to Canada is always outrageous.

I seem to remember some Maiden colored brackets and quiet fan kit i purchased being shipped at a reasonable price though. Pinball isnt trying very hard.

#5712 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I seem to remember some Maiden colored brackets and quiet fan kit i purchased being shipped at a reasonable price though. Pinball isnt trying very hard.

Those were shipped USPS. It's ALWAYS WAY cheaper to ship USPS than UPS internationally. UPS (which Pinball Life is using) is usually 2-4x more than USPS internationally depending on package size and weight. I always use USPS for the pin monk stuff. Easier customs in general, too.

#5713 4 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Second this - put mine in last weekend and it makes a huge difference in keeping the Snokt target in line

#5714 4 years ago

Anyone in Michigan, Ohio, Illinois area looking to move a Deadpool? I want to buy one.. PM me thanks!

#5715 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If they are, then good for Stern!

Now... when's our last code update coming?!?

#5716 4 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

If they are, then good for Stern!
Now... when's our last code update coming?!?

Does the games really need it? It’s pretty amazing as is

#5717 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I wish I'd seen this yesterday when I had my playfield up to swap out the rest of the GI bulbs with Comet's, I'd have taken a look. My build date is 2/12/20 and my Snikt target hasn't budged so far.

#5718 4 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

The one think it really needs is more categories for high (or in true Deadpool sarcastic style) low score entries. Sort of like Iron Maiden does with high scores for each mode, spinner meltdown master, etc

#5719 4 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

The one think it really needs is more categories for high or (in true Deadpool sarcastic style) low score entries. Sort of like Iron Maiden does with high scores for each mode, spinner meltdown master, etc

#5720 4 years ago

Mine has a 11/27/19 build-date and had the standard Snikkt target. I replaced with the anti-sway one.

I also noticed yesterday when debating whether to create a plastic protector for the left "hammock" ramp that Stern actually included one. I.e., there is the plastic with the artwork, and another clear plastic underneath. Is this something new, or on most machines?

That said, the flippers are way too strong on this machine. For instance, a clean shot from the left flipper to the Lil' DP targets hits so hard that they don't drop. I'm thinking about adding a plunger spring to the flipper coils.

#5721 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Mine has a 11/27/19 build-date and had the standard Snikkt target. I replaced with the anti-sway one.
I also noticed yesterday when debating whether to create a plastic protector for the left "hammock" ramp that Stern actually included one. I.e., there is the plastic with the artwork, and another clear plastic underneath. Is this something new, or on most machines?
That said, the flippers are way too strong on this machine. For instance, a clean shot from the left flipper to the Lil' DP targets hits so hard that they don't drop. I'm thinking about adding a plunger spring to the flipper coils.

I honestly think Stern designs the flippers to be optimal when the game gets a little dirty and gets a little broken in. We as collectors always have our games cleaned and waxed. If I wax my Metallica the ball is moving much faster and the inline drops will brick. But play a few dozen games and the ball begins to slow and the drops behave normally.

#5722 4 years ago

Second time I am dissapointed while setting a new High Score.....previous high was 1.3b and on that one ball one was a bil. Today ball 1(pre free ball) was 1.38b which was a new high. End my final score which I hoped would hit 2b.......1.548b.... ugh! My free ball lasted about 17 seconds. Maybe i just get too excited when doing well. Most of the points came from my best ever ninja multiball in which I had 5x multiplyer most of the time.

20200323_161046324_iOS (resized).jpg20200323_161046324_iOS (resized).jpg
#5723 4 years ago

Agreed, the game is amazing!

Just hoping for the ability to have high score tables for each battle, quest, multiball, etc...

I would think this would be fairly easy to implement and almost all newer Sterns already have this.

#5724 4 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Just hoping for the ability to have high score tables for each battle, quest, multiball, etc...
I would think this would be fairly easy to implement and almost all newer Sterns already have this.

My Star Wars has this and its great. Gives a chance for everyone to be on the board for something

#5725 4 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Maybe they could squeeze in flipper adjustments(coil power)so we can fine tune our games.

#5726 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Second time I am dissapointed while setting a new High Score.....previous high was 1.3b and on that one ball one was a bil. Today ball 1(pre free ball) was 1.38b which was a new high. End my final score which I hoped would hit 2b.......1.548b.... ugh! My free ball lasted about 17 seconds. Maybe i just get too excited when doing well. Most of the points came from my best ever ninja multiball in which I had 5x multiplyer most of the time.[quoted image]

Super scores. If I hit the SNIKT shot for 3X, I’m happy. Still hanging at 803 mil.

#5727 4 years ago

pity i didnt check how i score 6B for my hiscore
as said already, i've beaten DP 2 times, one time than with 6B (LE), the other time with 3B (PRO)
quite certain the diff only came from bashing (or not) that multiplicator playfield...

#5728 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Second time I am dissapointed while setting a new High Score.....previous high was 1.3b and on that one ball one was a bil. Today ball 1(pre free ball) was 1.38b which was a new high. End my final score which I hoped would hit 2b.......1.548b.... ugh! My free ball lasted about 17 seconds. Maybe i just get too excited when doing well. Most of the points came from my best ever ninja multiball in which I had 5x multiplyer most of the time.[quoted image]

Huge scores (which I'd put at 1B and up) are only doable with the playfield multipliers. I've finished DP and not scored 1.5B. It's very possible, if you don't hit the Snikt shot multiple times. Then again, I've been over 2B and not even close to finishing.

That single shot really does blow up the scores unlike any other machine I can think of, because there is no setup. Hit it once...2x...hit it again...3x...and so on. There's nothing you have to do to put yourself in a position to capitalize. It's just always "lit" waiting to hand out points.

#5729 4 years ago

I managed to get a new GC almost 700mil higher than my previous. Snikt’s are very important. I think I managed to get to Sauron, defeat trex, I don’t think I even attempted megalasarous and still managed 1.55bil

EB52D986-8BE3-4613-81D7-752D567D9570 (resized).jpegEB52D986-8BE3-4613-81D7-752D567D9570 (resized).jpeg
#5730 4 years ago

I managed to get a new GC almost 700mil higher than my previous. Snikt’s are very important. I think I managed to get to Sauron, defeat trex, I don’t think I even attempted megalasarous and still managed 1.55bil[quoted image]

I've found the Trex is easier than Megeladon. I will usually go after Sabertooth without any powerups, but go after Mystic with at least Wolverine, and Juggernaut with any powerups I can get.

Haven't gone against Mr. Sinister yet.

#5731 4 years ago

I installed translucent drop targets on lil’ Deadpool area. I put a LED strip under the Playfield to light them up. Checkout the before and after pics.
1FAF90DF-8F43-47DD-BDBD-68ED8A216976 (resized).jpeg1FAF90DF-8F43-47DD-BDBD-68ED8A216976 (resized).jpeg4D74D866-65B5-4646-ADFE-83C1BE4C1E00 (resized).jpeg4D74D866-65B5-4646-ADFE-83C1BE4C1E00 (resized).jpeg2E8407DE-4E6E-41BC-943B-E1A084BAB09D (resized).jpeg2E8407DE-4E6E-41BC-943B-E1A084BAB09D (resized).jpegCB9668B5-4634-4C8F-8CAA-A3F0D853FFBE (resized).jpegCB9668B5-4634-4C8F-8CAA-A3F0D853FFBE (resized).jpeg

#5732 4 years ago
90600926_10156844318280877_4953979140798 (resized).jpg90600926_10156844318280877_4953979140798 (resized).jpg
#5733 4 years ago

Hell yeah!

#5734 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I wouldn't be so hard on yourself with not scoring much after ball one. At 1.38 billion I'm going to assume you've already done at least 1 ninja MB and Mechsuit. Maybe even a disco. Once you've beat all the first round modes and played those MB's points can be real tough to come by until you get into the wizard modes. I find that getting to 1 Billion isn't all that difficult but getting past 2 billion is a major feat for those reasons.

But as others have mentioned, that playfield X shot is KEY if going for high scores. Without playfield x or even 2x going a good Mech MB is 300-400 million for me. If I can get to 3 or 4x+ 700 to a billion in that mode alone is achievable.

#5735 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

I installed translucent drop targets on lil’ Deadpool area. I put a LED strip under the Playfield to light them up. Checkout the before and after pics.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks pretty cool. Have they worked the bugs out of those? I know in the past they broke pretty often, so curious how they hold up now.

#5736 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I wouldn't be so hard on yourself with not scoring much after ball one. At 1.38 billion I'm going to assume you've already done at least 1 ninja MB and Mechsuit. Maybe even a disco. Once you've beat all the first round modes and played those MB's points can be real tough to come by until you get into the wizard modes. I find that getting to 1 Billion isn't all that difficult but getting past 2 billion is a major feat for those reasons.
But as others have mentioned, that playfield X shot is KEY if going for high scores. Without playfield x or even 2x going a good Mech MB is 300-400 million for me. If I can get to 3 or 4x+ 700 to a billion in that mode alone is achievable.

at 1.38b I had only done Ninja MB. It was an insane Ninja MB with 5x MP. After that I tanked my mechsuit.....and everything else.. heh. I never even got disco mode!

#5737 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

at 1.38b I had only done Ninja MB. It was an insane Ninja MB with 5x MP. After that I tanked my mechsuit.....and everything else.. heh. I never even got disco mode!

Well in that case, you should be ashamed, very ashamed

#5738 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

... that playfield X shot is KEY

yep, as debated already
and in fact, this seems may be too much for unbalanced scores... !?

#5739 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Looks pretty cool. Have they worked the bugs out of those? I know in the past they broke pretty often, so curious how they hold up now.

These are the new, unbreakable ones that were released about a year ago. You can bend them every which way and they won’t break. I see these lasting the life of the machine.
You can buy them at
http://pinball-mods.com/

#5740 4 years ago

Basic strategy question...

I usually like using the BOOMs to progress safely through the Quests, but haven’t seen any benefit for the MegaBoom (when you collect 4 BOOMs)

I have yet to find a scenario where there the use of MegaBoom is better for your score or progression.

It seems much better to have separate BOOMs to make sure that the use can progress a Battle or Quest appropriately.

Is there a scenario when the MegaBOOM is better?

How do people feel is the best use of BOOMs and any use of MegaBOOM?

#5741 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good Would be nice if you could somehow use the RGB signal of the flasher behind them, to light the targets in color.

#5742 4 years ago
Quoted from Hulkbuster:

Basic strategy question...
I usually like using the BOOMs to progress safely through the Quests, but haven’t seen any benefit for the MegaBoom (when you collect 4 BOOMs)
I have yet to find a scenario where there the use of MegaBoom is better for your score or progression.
It seems much better to have separate BOOMs to make sure that the use can progress a Battle or Quest appropriately.
Is there a scenario when the MegaBOOM is better?

Megaboom is good for Ninja or Mechsuite MB as it basically gets you almost to a super with one button press. If going into Mechsuite I generally hold my megaboom (or all my booms) until I get a playfield multiplier going.

For me, I actually prefer using the booms to progress through the battles vs the quest. With battles your final shot score is determined by how much life Deadpool has which is related to how long it takes you to complete. Thus I try to finish them as fast as possible. With quest, that is not the case so I tend to take my time in a quest.

For me, the absolute best time for my use of booms is on the second batch of battles. I use them to complete the Sauron shots a lot of the time.

But I do agree, I don't find as much benefit with the megaboom as I do just having seperate booms available. Because of this I will watch my booms on the display and if I have 3, I will purposely not collect the 4th. If I'm in MB, I will generally use a boom as I collect them so I stay at that 2 or 3 boom bank.

#5743 4 years ago
Quoted from Hulkbuster:

Mega in MB only. Otherwise there just aren't that many worthwhile shots lit at any one time.

#5744 4 years ago

I mostly use BOOM when I drain and I pound the button out of frustration.

#5745 4 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

A technique I carry over into game of Black Knight like a complete idiot roughly 50% of the time.

#5746 4 years ago

And the Hobbit

#5747 4 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

A technique I carry over into game of Black Knight like a complete idiot...

this happends to evbd...

#5748 4 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

A technique I carry over into game of Black Knight like a complete idiot roughly 50% of the time.

Inl do this most in Star Trek. Gotta use those photons

#5749 4 years ago

Code discussion/suggestions...

Deadpool is a wonderful game that keeps you having fun even when you are not progressing to defeat the game. There have been some great ideas here for some final code tweaks.

1. Many people here have asked for a more developed leader board to suit the many goals of the game not just high scores.
2. Others have suggested balancing the SNKT multiplier keeping it from being the deciding factor between 1 billion vs a 3 billion scoring. One shot should not be THE scoring tool to succeed

I love the fact that the various shots hero/team ups have game enhancements (mini modes or side modes) that can be stacked with Battles and Quests or be done on their own. Weapons to deal with extra ball, mechsuit multiball and playfield multiplier. Battles and Quests are the path of game progression, but the other enhancements makes Deadpool multifaceted.

I love GOTG, but for comparison - Guardians is very mode driven... outside of modes, there are only Multiballs (Groot and Orb), Hadron collection (that can only be used in modes or multi ball)and shot multipliers (lanes for single, Rocket for all).

Deadpool rocks the non-mode fun. Making a list of non-Battle/Quest code helps see where it can be expanded...

Dazzler spinner (left orbit):
Mini-mode (2) - Disco loops, disco multi ball
Team-Up for battles

Wolverine spinner:
Mini-mode (1) - Berserker Rage
Team-Up for battles

Colossus loop:
Mini-mode (0)-?
Team-Up for battles
Other: collect special, leads to Colossus jackpot target

Domino (right orbit):
Mini-mode (0)- ?
Team-Up for battles
Other: chimichanga truck start collection of chimichangas to enable Quest

Lil’ Deadpool (bash):
Mini-mode (3) - Lil’deadpool multiball, frenzy, targets

3(Left Hammock ramp) + 3 (katana entrance)= Katanarama -mini-mode

Pops- drops ninjas

Katana lock - Ninja multiball

SNNNKKT: super-secret skillshot, temporary playfield multiplier

Combos (1):Ninjapocalypse combo (coolest combo in pinball)
Other combos ?

Ways to further broaden non-battle/quest code—-appear from this assessment:
Colossus mini-mode/s
Domino mini-mode/s
3rd Dazzler mini-mode
2nd/3rd Wolverine mini-mode
2nd/3rd Katanarama mini-modes
More acknowledged combo patterns
Improve MegaBOOM results to reward saving BOOMs

Just some ideas that I have time to communicate since I’m at home not working due to COVID19. Any thoughts? Other ways to further improve the depth/fun of one of the best games ever?

#5750 4 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

After playing Deadpool I find myself doing this as a reaction while playing JP2...great way to waste a super tranq!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Highland, UT
Machine - For Sale
Parsippany, NJ
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Machine - For Sale
Grovetown, GA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 16,196 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 324.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/115?hl=midway-man and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.