(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,195 posts
  • 1,083 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 hours ago by SiN13
  • Topic is favorited by 556 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1688 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1689 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240327_001906_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240327_001709_Chrome (resized).jpg
IMG_8452 (resized).jpg
IMG_8453 (resized).jpg
IMG_8454 (resized).jpg
IMG_8455 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240323_200809 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240326_153304_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
20240326_103932 (resized).jpg
20240326_103906 (resized).jpg
IMG_8461 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,195 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 324.
#5651 4 years ago

Not sure what I did but had a Big BOOM of a bug. I had just finished Mech Suit and needed to defeat Sabretooth to take on Sauron. Looked up and had a big boom. Hit the button on mode start and nothing happened. Light wasn't working either. Drained and the game ended. Started the next game, still had a big boom. Restarted with the button and it was still there. Good news is that a full reset fixed the issue. Strange.

#5652 4 years ago

Just got Deadpool (and some other stuff) set up at the venue for my wedding this weekend!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5653 4 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Not sure what I did but had a Big BOOM of a bug. I had just finished Mech Suit and needed to defeat Sabretooth to take on Sauron. Looked up and had a big boom. Hit the button on mode start and nothing happened. Light wasn't working either. Drained and the game ended. Started the next game, still had a big boom. Restarted with the button and it was still there. Good news is that a full reset fixed the issue. Strange.

I had a superboom glitch too i think...

My case a while ago - “I had three Booms saved up, went to battle Magaladon. That didn't go well, but as soon as it went down the outlane, I was able to collect my last letter then hit the Super Boom button. Due to the animations you can never tell how many points you got for a Boom during a drain, however, on my next ball it showed I had a super boom available on the screen - The big one, right! Anyways, the button wasn't flashing and no matter how many time you hit it, it wouldn't do anything. So definitely a bug.”

#5654 4 years ago

Looking to trade for a Deadpool LE let me know if you are interested PM me Thanks!

#5655 4 years ago

Gasp, After my playfield protector removal, I've found some chipping around katanas entrance.. purple is missing on a small trace.
Ordering cliffy's and will put also a mylar after repairing..
I bet Stern won't bother with that, right ?

#5656 4 years ago

Solving the chipping at the Katana entrance is as simple as loosening the front guide nut underneath so it's not super tight. That's literally it. Did this when I got mine. 1,000 plays later, no chips.

#5657 4 years ago

Will do that and try to find a way to fill the purple area affected..

#5658 4 years ago

Just checking i was playing tonight and I believe I defeated both quests and battles but I didn’t get into Sauron when I shot the scoop to start him I started megakrakalasoures Rex or what ever the multiball is. Is that correct? I’m pretty sure I defeated that mode too I ended up on 980 mil or something close to that

#5659 4 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Just checking i was playing tonight and I believe I defeated both quests and battles but I didn’t get into Sauron when I shot the scoop to start him I started megakrakalasoures Rex or what ever the multiball is. Is that correct? I’m pretty sure I defeated that mode too I ended up on 980 mil or something close to that

Defeat each of the 3 battles once activates sauron MB. Beat the 2 quests and each battle once gets you to Megakrakolondonus Rex.

Beating each of the three battles twice activates Mr sinister clone multiball.

After beating each battle twice, plus sauron plus each quest and Mega and Mr sinister clone MB, you get to the final battle.

Here is a great link for the full rule sheet: http://tiltforums.com/t/deadpool-rulesheet/4311

#5660 4 years ago

Shaker question, a friend of mine picked me one up when he went to get his new game. I thought it was and OEM o e but turned out to be a pinball life one. My question us this, when does your shaker go off? Mine only seems to work in battle modes. I have it set to Max and in reading through the posts some say they had to turn theirs off or down because it shook so much. If I didn't tell you I had one you might not even notice it.

#5661 4 years ago

Does it shake strongly in test mode??

#5662 4 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Does it shake strongly in test mode??

Yes, it seems to.

#5663 4 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

Shaker question, a friend of mine picked me one up when he went to get his new game. I thought it was and OEM o e but turned out to be a pinball life one. My question us this, when does your shaker go off? Mine only seems to work in battle modes. I have it set to Max and in reading through the posts some say they had to turn theirs off or down because it shook so much. If I didn't tell you I had one you might not even notice it.

Stern Shaker motor tend to be louder and more aggressive. Personally I prefer the pinballlife ones because they don't shake the s*** out of my machine. All shakers should activate at the same time, regardless of brand.

#5664 4 years ago

I actually unplugged mine. It’s a Pinball Life one if anyone nearby wants to buy it. It shook the junk out of the game and I didn’t like it.

#5665 4 years ago

Finally joined the club a few weeks ago! Little did I realize I was doing so just in time to be locked inside the house indefinitely.

Out of the box I had an annoying issue where node 8 would randomly kick into overcurrent protection and turn off all the lower GI lights. After doing some Pinside sleuthing I figured out that the likely culprit was a flaky bulb, and my distributor fixed me right up with a replacement set. Big thumbs up for Zach at Flip N Out!

IMG_20200220_123710 (resized).jpgIMG_20200220_123710 (resized).jpgIMG_20200220_190955 (resized).jpgIMG_20200220_190955 (resized).jpgIMG_20200222_113004 (resized).jpgIMG_20200222_113004 (resized).jpgIMG_20200222_125734 (resized).jpgIMG_20200222_125734 (resized).jpg
#5666 4 years ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

Finally joined the club a few weeks ago! Little did I realize I was doing so just in time to be locked inside the house indefinitely.
Out of the box I had an annoying issue where node 8 would randomly kick into overcurrent protection and turn off all the lower GI lights. After doing some Pinside sleuthing I figured out that the likely culprit was a flaky bulb, and my distributor fixed me right up with a replacement set. Big thumbs up for Zach at Flip N Out![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Did you get a shaker motor?

#5667 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did you get a shaker motor?

No, the only accessory I've added so far is the Stern headphone jack. I'm thinking a shaker might be a bit much for my "game room" (aka the corner of my living room).

#5668 4 years ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

No, the only accessory I've added so far is the Stern headphone jack. I'm thinking a shaker might be a bit much for my "game room" (aka the corner of my living room).

If you get a mild shaker like the pinball life one, you'll be fine. Also, the Stern art blades are very nice to finish the look.

#5669 4 years ago

I wasn't having a great game tonight and then threw down my best Mechsuit Multiball with 655 Million! Worked the Snikt up to 3X and got in a groove for a bit and was making shot after shot. Ended up with 1.15 Billion, not on my high score board, but any game over a Billion is always nice!

Wish high scores like Mechsuit were recorded!

#5670 4 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I wasn't having a great game tonight and then threw down my best Mechsuit Multiball with 655 Million! Worked the Snikt up to 3X and got in a groove for a bit and was making shot after shot. Ended up with 1.15 Billion, not on my high score board, but any game over a Billion is always nice!
Wish high scores like Mechsuit were recorded!

Agreed. Would be nice to have leaderboards for things like:

Mr. Sinister: The Megakrakolodonus Rex
Mr. Sinister: Clone Multiball
Mr. Sinister: The Final Battle
Colossal Jackpot
Berserker Rage
Katanarama Time
Mechsuit Multiball
Ninjapocalypse
Ninja Multiball
Lil’ Deadpool Multiball
T-Rex
Megalodon
Juggernaut
Mystique
Sabretooth
Sauron

I'd say Keith spoiled us with JP and Maiden but there are quite a few games that have leaderboards for the main features of games outside of just his. Trying to get the high score for the features of the games individual almost feels like mini games you can play.

#5671 4 years ago

Last night my DP Prem acted like it was possessed. The game played normally (from a rules perspective), but the inserts were completely off. When making a battle selection, if you were hovering on Sabretooth, the Mystique light would flash (or hover on Mystique, the Sauron light would flash).

5x was lit at the plunge, but it wasn't active, as a Katana skill shot produced the normal 5M. Some things that should be lit, like the lock insert, wouldn't be, but it would still lock the ball if you hit the shot. The lane inserts didn't switch correctly with flipper taps. And the upper lane gates were not in sync. Another weird one was the playfield X multiplier. I hit Snikt, and instead of 2x lighting, 3x lit (but only 2x scoring was active).

The colored LEDs weren't coordinated either. For example, after hitting a few pops, the ninja lights which are normally blue/purplish were red/pink (but not all of them). In T-Rex, instead of all shots being deep green, some where bluish or yellowish. All battles and quests had color issues.

There were a lot of other quirks, but you see where this is going. I shut the machine down and tried it again. Same results. I'll run the diagnostic tests when I get home today, but has anyone seen this before?

#5672 4 years ago

I would check the cables to the node boards for the characters and multipliers. I think I had one wiggle a bit loose and give me randomly lit 4x.

#5673 4 years ago

+1 sounds like the data cable(s) have come loose

#5674 4 years ago

So Ive had the game a year. Moved it over a few feet to make room for another pin in December and its been playing perfect since then with the snkkkt shot. Suddenly today I go to play the game for the first time in about a week and the ball is flying everywhere. Multiple times flew over the ramp on snkkt bounce(one time getting stuck behind the rails and ruining my great game, other times just missing the rails because it flew wildly. And another time today the ball flew in the lower right of PF onto the katana. Wierd stuff. Any reason why randomly the ball would start flying all over???

It is on carpet but the game has been there since demember and has settled in great.

#5675 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Last night my DP Prem acted like it was possessed. The game played normally (from a rules perspective), but the inserts were completely off. When making a battle selection, if you were hovering on Sabretooth, the Mystique light would flash (or hover on Mystique, the Sauron light would flash).
5x was lit at the plunge, but it wasn't active, as a Katana skill shot produced the normal 5M. Some things that should be lit, like the lock insert, wouldn't be, but it would still lock the ball if you hit the shot. The lane inserts didn't switch correctly with flipper taps. And the upper lane gates were not in sync. Another weird one was the playfield X multiplier. I hit Snikt, and instead of 2x lighting, 3x lit (but only 2x scoring was active).
The colored LEDs weren't coordinated either. For example, after hitting a few pops, the ninja lights which are normally blue/purplish were red/pink (but not all of them). In T-Rex, instead of all shots being deep green, some where bluish or yellowish. All battles and quests had color issues.
There were a lot of other quirks, but you see where this is going. I shut the machine down and tried it again. Same results. I'll run the diagnostic tests when I get home today, but has anyone seen this before?

Yeah, loose cable, most likely. Reseat them all. If that doesn't fix it start making a list of what lights are a problem to narrow down the node board with the issue.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5676 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

happened to me like 3 times over the time i've owned mine. its a loose cable. i tried doing one at time but it never fixed the issue. reseated all the cables to the board and the cat5 in the head and everything worked great. happens to me like once every three months. don't know if its from the balls flying all over the place or me bitch slapping it all the time to save the stdm drain.

when u start a game hit the flipper button to do a lane change on the roll overs, if it starts to act funny not moving or just not showing which rollover is lit the issue is still there.

#5677 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you get a mild shaker like the pinball life one, you'll be fine. Also, the Stern art blades are very nice to finish the look.

I agree with the Pinballlife shaker, but I'd personally recommend the Tilt Graphics Gameblades alongside PinMonk excellent gel inserts!

20191108_192425 (resized).jpg20191108_192425 (resized).jpg
#5678 4 years ago
Quoted from WizWiggy:

I agree with the Pinballlife shaker, but I'd personally recommend the Tilt Graphics Gameblades alongside vireland excellent gel inserts![quoted image]

Well, now you've made it impossible for me to disagree with that statement.

#5679 4 years ago
Quoted from thc666:

happened to me like 3 times over the time i've owned mine. its a loose cable. i tried doing one at time but it never fixed the issue. reseated all the cables to the board and the cat5 in the head and everything worked great. happens to me like once every three months. don't know if its from the balls flying all over the place or me bitch slapping it all the time to save the stdm drain.
when u start a game hit the flipper button to do a lane change on the roll overs, if it starts to act funny not moving or just not showing which rollover is lit the issue is still there.

You guys are awesome. None of the cables felt loose, but I re-connected all of them. Machine is back to it's original condition. Finished Mr. Sinister again on the second game and ended with 2.3B!

#5680 4 years ago

Does anyone know the Stern part number of the blue nub on the katana ramp? Mine is getting pretty chewed up after only a few hundred plays. Pinball Life has quite a few similar parts and I couldn't find the part number in the Deadpool manual on the Stern site.

#5681 4 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Does anyone know the Stern part number of the blue nub on the katana ramp? Mine is getting pretty chewed up after only a few hundred plays. Pinball Life has quite a few similar parts and I couldn't find the part number in the Deadpool manual on the Stern site.

Sounds like this is the one you are after? 626-5067-00

DP (resized).jpgDP (resized).jpg
#5682 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Sounds like this is the one you are after? 626-5067-00[quoted image]

Doh! Thanks, not sure how I missed that... I will get my order in for a few spares now.

#5683 4 years ago

Anybody know where I can get a replacement plastic for a PRO over the left ramp? Mine cracked and now that it's loose, hard hit shots up the ramp get rejected as the plastic flexes and roll back at a perfect angle between the flippers.

It's the one below with the U shaped clear portion. The Marco plastics set doesn't show this one (and I really ONLY want this one...)

DP-Pro-Details-03 (resized).jpgDP-Pro-Details-03 (resized).jpg
#5684 4 years ago

Buying it I'm pretty sure you have to buy the whole kit. Maybe contact Stern to see if they are still offering replacements. I say "still" as a local operator had his break pretty quick and they replaced it. This is why I was trying to stir up interest in a plastic protector for this piece. Almost no interest was made in it but it's not a question of if, it's more a question of when will it break.

#5685 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Buying it I'm pretty sure you have to buy the whole kit. Maybe contact Stern to see if they are still offering replacements. I say "still" as a local operator had his break pretty quick and they replaced it. This is why I was trying to stir up interest in a plastic protector for this piece. Almost no interest was made in it but it's not a question of if, it's more a question of when will it break.

The kit I can find is at Marco and it doesn't include this one. I found the part number (in case anyone searches in the future, it is 511-7801-47 ASSEMBLY, PLASTIC #47, DEADPOOL PRO) but can't find it for sale anywhere. Good call though on reaching out to Stern. I emailed them just now and hopefully they can hook me up since my game is only about a month old.

#5686 4 years ago

You're looking for this one, right (pointed out in yellow)? If so, it's in there (2nd picture in Marco). Still would be nice to get it separately.

dp2 (resized).jpgdp2 (resized).jpg
#5687 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

You're looking for this one, right (pointed out in yellow)? If so, it's in there (2nd picture in Marco). Still would be nice to get it separately.[quoted image]

D'oh - didn't see the second picture - thanks! $179 to get one plastic isn't gonna happen...if anything, I'll get a set of plastic protectors and put that on to at least firm it up so I can still hit the ramp.

#5688 4 years ago
Quoted from jdroc:

D'oh - didn't see the second picture - thanks! $179 to get one plastic isn't gonna happen...if anything, I'll get a set of plastic protectors and put that on to at least firm it up so I can still hit the ramp.

$179? Wow, does that come with KY and a reach around?

#5689 4 years ago
Quoted from jdroc:

Anybody know where I can get a replacement plastic for a PRO over the left ramp? Mine cracked and now that it's loose, hard hit shots up the ramp get rejected as the plastic flexes and roll back at a perfect angle between the flippers.
It's the one below with the U shaped clear portion. The Marco plastics set doesn't show this one (and I really ONLY want this one...)[quoted image]

It's there. It's on the second picture on the product page. But you can't buy it separately. I seem to remember someone was making a protector for this a while back...

EDIT: See you figured it out...

If the protector doesn't exist, I'd just trace it and have a local plastics shop make you a thin PETG cutout in the same shape and put that UNDER the screen printed, cracked plastic. Shouldn't be that noticible and it will solve your problem for something like $20.

#5690 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

You're looking for this one, right (pointed out in yellow)? If so, it's in there (2nd picture in Marco). Still would be nice to get it separately.[quoted image]

It would be nice if Stern took note of often broken plastics on various games and made up a sheet and did a run of them to then sell separately. The Spiderman Sandman plastic is the only single plastic I have known them to sell separately. Though the Sandman vs Spiderman plastic is broken just as much as far as I have seen. It's back in the pops so 90% of the owners don't even know theirs is broken.

In any case, it seems if they layed out a sheet full of "greatest hits" broken plastics from various games to run and sold them separately...the project would pay for itself in no time. The hardest part would be deciding what plastics to do. The left ramp roof on Deadpool is defiantly the one I hear about on this game. I'm also not sure how licensing would work on older games and if they would have to renew the license to make replacement parts for existing games.

#5691 4 years ago

Good news, Emailed Chas @ Stern and he’s sending me a new plastic at no cost! +1 to the “I got great service from Stern” column.

#5692 4 years ago

Chas is the man, hands down.

#5693 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

None of the cables felt loose, but I re-connected all of them. Machine is back to it's original condition.

That was short lived. I turned on the machine last night, and the lighting and inserts were jacked again. I re-seated the plugs on the main board in the backbox and turned it back on. Same thing....

Could it be another connection under the playfield? But that wouldn't explain why this process fixed it the first time.

#5694 4 years ago

node board connections under playfield

Quoted from sethi_i:

That was short lived. I turned on the machine last night, and the lighting and inserts were jacked again. I re-seated the plugs on the main board in the backbox and turned it back on. Same thing....
Could it be another connection under the playfield? But that wouldn't explain why this process fixed it the first time.

reseat connectors on node board under the playfield...think its node board 8. works every time.

#5695 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Yes, under the playfield. The Ethernet cat6 cables are the ones you want to reseat if memory serves correctly. But, probably wouldn’t hurt to check the others.

#5696 4 years ago

I had/have a similar issue with lights acting weird when the right bumper is tapped. I narrowed it down to Node8, CN2-3 which I initially put some blue tack on to keep the connector firmly connected to the board (See photo). This lasted about 3 months and then replaced it with some tape to stop the connector coming loose. I think the shaker motor causes this issue over time.

2019-09-17 15.27.23 (resized).jpg2019-09-17 15.27.23 (resized).jpg
#5697 4 years ago

Finally got all the playfield mods installed on my Pro. I have the Lermods Disco Ball, the Chimichanga truck fire and Hellhouse from the Mod Couple, all the Vireland insert coloring mods, lighted speaker frames from Doug Freeze, Voodoo Glass and mirror blades from Cointaker, the katana handle from Mezel Mods, and Pinstadium Omegas (though those have been temporarily removed to fix a solder joint issue with the light bars). One of the best mods is the backbox speaker upgrades from PinWoofer (but you can't see that in the picture!) The only remaining mod I have to do is lighted hinge covers from lightedpinballmods.com. Oh yeah I got one of those PSW10 subwoofers last time they were on sale at Amazon, and running it from the Pinnovators sub kit. Oh also have lighted flipper buttons and an external volume control from Pinball Life, and the topper from Tilttopper (though it doesn't show in the picture.

Loving this game! I know I'm still in the honeymoon phase with it but it's hard to not play "just one more game" everytime I step up to it.

image0 (resized).jpegimage0 (resized).jpeg
#5698 4 years ago

Trying out a topper idea on my Deadpool Pro...

IMG_8110 (resized).JPGIMG_8110 (resized).JPGIMG_8124 (resized).JPGIMG_8124 (resized).JPG
#5699 4 years ago

Short video of topper:

#5700 4 years ago

Just got my pro set up! 2nd pin. Couldn't believe how easy it was to get the backbox off compared to the Wonka. Installed new apron cards--took a while to figure out that all I had to do was resize the picture in notepad. Next mod will be to replace that super noisy fan. Kinda wish I had a premium, so might ge a JP premium. I've got a fever, and the only cure is more pins.

20200322_122327 (resized).jpg20200322_122327 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Buffalo, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods
Sound/Speakers
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Waterford Township, MI
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 49.99
There are 16,195 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 324.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/114?hl=zmeny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.