(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,295 posts
  • 1,092 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Magicman
  • Topic is favorited by 557 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 326.
#5601 4 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Looks like I might have to...but not sure if the wife will like to play it that way.

Easy. Do it while she’s sleeping and don’t tell her

#5602 4 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

Joined the club tonight with a HUO Pro![quoted image]

You should celebrate with some delicious whiskey....just a suggestion.

#5603 4 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

You should celebrate with some delicious whiskey....just a suggestion.

I too saw that.

Welcome to the club beergut!

#5604 4 years ago

Put my new Deadpool poster up!

IMG_7963 (resized).JPGIMG_7963 (resized).JPG
#5605 4 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Kicked Mr. Sinister’s butt last night...pretty cool.
[quoted image]

Haha, I didn’t know there was a clone multi-ball.

#5606 4 years ago

I've been having issues with the hellhouse scoop intermittently registering the ball all week and have been too lazy to investigate until today because it stopped registering at all. Wire snapped right off! Just ordered a new one. At least it's a cheap and easy fix! I am just disappointing I won't be able to play all week.

20200301_105147 (resized).jpg20200301_105147 (resized).jpg
#5607 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

I've been having issues with the hellhouse scoop intermittently registering the ball all week and have been too lazy to investigate until today because it stopped registering at all. Wire snapped right off! Just ordered a new one. At least it's a cheap and easy fix! I am just disappointing I won't be able to play all week.[quoted image]

Increasingly common as Stern has quietly cost-reduced the switches, and this is the most common clue. The legs snap off so high you can't fix them. Cheap construction bears more end user headaches.

#5608 4 years ago

that's why i bought 2 of them when i purchased my machine. them and coil stops. those switches are famous for breaking...complete junk. on the other hand have not replaced mine yet...got 1100 games on it now.

#5609 4 years ago
Quoted from thc666:

that's why i bought 2 of them when i purchased my machine. them and coil stops. those switches are famous for breaking...complete junk. on the other hand have not replaced mine yet...got 1100 games on it now.

My left coil stop failed at 800 games. Replaced both. I feel like everyone should be replacing those the first week they own their machine. My hell house scoop broke today at 3400 games. I also had the right outlane rollover switch fail at about 1500 games.

At least the repairs have been cheap and easy so far.

#5610 4 years ago
Quoted from thc666:

Totally agree, always buy at least 2! I bought 2 to fix the MET snake jaw, and lucky me, the same switch fixed my hellhouse scoop too.

#5611 4 years ago

So picked up a DP premium, great game. Feels like there needs to be some additional modes between clone multiball and the final Sinister battle. Maybe some additional levels to the quests? Probably wishful thinking but hoping the code isn't done.

#5612 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

So picked up a DP premium, great game. Feels like there needs to be some additional modes between clone multiball and the final Sinister battle. Maybe some additional levels to the quests? Probably wishful thinking but hoping the code isn't done.

I think one more mode would be a nice fit. Something that incorporates Domino or Ninjapocalypse.

Tanio did mention on a twitch stream (forgot which one now), that there will be one more update. When is the question.

#5613 4 years ago

Got a very inexpensive topper for my DP today.

What do you think?

3E21D7C6-6DB2-4F12-B8B3-848765D2BE88 (resized).jpeg3E21D7C6-6DB2-4F12-B8B3-848765D2BE88 (resized).jpeg
#5614 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

What do you think?[quoted image]

It's a nice figure, but too small for that large area on top of the head. Needs to maybe be more on the left and have some foe to balance it on the right.

#5615 4 years ago

Have owners of Deadpool found it easier to hit the SNIKT shot with a lesser pitch? I read on Reddit’s pinball forum that some locations set the pitch high to make it a tougher shot. I’m set at 6.8 and I am really having a hard time with it. I might hit it once in about 5 games.

Thanks!

#5616 4 years ago
Quoted from maroot:

Have owners of Deadpool found it easier to hit the SNIKT shot with a lesser pitch? I read on Reddit’s pinball forum that some locations set the pitch high to make it a tougher shot. I’m set at 6.8 and I am really having a hard time with it. I might hit it once in about 5 games.
Thanks!

Mine is set to 7 degrees and I can hit it about 1-2 times per game if purposely shooting for it. Usually has to come from a controlled shot. I rarely hit it when the ball is on the move.

#5617 4 years ago

Looks good! Where did you find it?

#5618 4 years ago
Quoted from maroot:

Thanks!

I agree with @maffewl, mine is set at 7.1 and the Snikt gets hit about twice per game. It’s supposed to be tough because it’s such a powerful shot. Hit it a couple times before/during mech suit multiball and watch the scores fly.

#5619 4 years ago

Not bad, I like the full body Deadpool I installed as a topper a bit more...

E7AE0E52-42B8-4531-8B09-58C819EA788D (resized).jpegE7AE0E52-42B8-4531-8B09-58C819EA788D (resized).jpeg12B5CF6A-054E-40CD-AA35-D1C6D96C3C70 (resized).jpeg12B5CF6A-054E-40CD-AA35-D1C6D96C3C70 (resized).jpegDC122736-C32F-427F-9988-FBEA162E694E (resized).jpegDC122736-C32F-427F-9988-FBEA162E694E (resized).jpeg
#5620 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Mine is set to 7 degrees and I can hit it about 1-2 times per game if purposely shooting for it. Usually has to come from a controlled shot. I rarely hit it when the ball is on the move.

I am always trying to hit it from a controlled left flipper. Seldom do I nail it. I guess try changing my pitch and hope it doesn’t affect other shots like Colossus jackpot.

I have had some issues recently hitting the right orbit. Seems like it’s hitting something and then falls down into the plunger area. Can’t see what is causing that. Hmmm.

#5621 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Not bad, I like the full body Deadpool I installed as a topper a bit more...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That one is nice!

Looks like one that o almost bought at Universal theme parks... I think it was between 2 and 3 hundred bucks.

How much was it?

#5622 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

Looks good! Where did you find it?

Actually saw it at a local comic book store and when I picked it up from the shelf I saw it was just a kids piggy bank but it looks great!

Of course their price was kinda high (I thought) so I looked online and found it on Amazon for under $15 bucks!!!

Amazon still has some in stock if anyone is interested. It’s pretty good for 15 bucks! I just need to attach it to a flat base of some sort so it doesn’t fall over.

CFC3C0C0-68B3-402C-9A80-CA2476CD63CC (resized).jpegCFC3C0C0-68B3-402C-9A80-CA2476CD63CC (resized).jpeg
#5623 4 years ago

Looking to get into this club. If someone in the Northeast is considering selling a Pro, shoot me a PM.

#5624 4 years ago

That one is nice!
Looks like one that o almost bought at Universal theme parks... I think it was between 2 and 3 hundred bucks.
How much was it?

The full Deadpool figure was $120 on eBay. You can manipulate every limb to put it in whatever position you want. I chose a kneeling position on one knee because I needed clearance in my basement.

#5625 4 years ago

Quoted from Jimmyhonda:The full Deadpool figure was $120 on eBay. You can manipulate every limb to put it in whatever position you want. I chose a kneeling position on one knee because I needed clearance in my basement.

It’s awesome!

#5626 4 years ago

Hit 6 months of ownership yesterday!

IMG_8019 (resized).JPGIMG_8019 (resized).JPG
#5627 4 years ago

When starting a new game, I’m really tired of hearing Announcer Guy telling me about the Super Skill Shot...it there a way to shut that down? Couldn’t find anything obvious in the menus.

Thanks!

#5628 4 years ago
Quoted from maroot:

When starting a new game, I’m really tired of hearing Announcer Guy telling me about the Super Skill Shot...it there a way to shut that down? Couldn’t find anything obvious in the menus.
Thanks!

Plunge the ball quickly...

#5629 4 years ago

Concentrate on making the super secret skill shot.

#5630 4 years ago

Just picked up a lightly sited premium yesterday it’s such a cracking game! I even had some scores on it from when it was sited too I’ve managed to get to Sauron a couple of times and then bricked every single shot until the ball save ends then lose one of the balls

#5631 4 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Plunge the ball quickly...

No kidding?

#5632 4 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Just picked up a lightly sited premium yesterday it’s such a cracking game! I even had some scores on it from when it was sited too I’ve managed to get to Sauron a couple of times and then bricked every single shot until the ball save ends then lose one of the balls

Gotta post a picture or two when you bring a new pin home, let's see that bad boy!

#5633 4 years ago

Joining today with a Pro who needs love.
Dirty playfield protector, left button is falling .. I was looking after one for months but people are not selling theirs ..

HAPPY GUY !

#5634 4 years ago

Anyone having issues with the right orbit shot catching on something and not going all the way?

#5635 4 years ago
Quoted from maroot:

Anyone having issues with the right orbit shot catching on something and not going all the way?

Once in a blue moon it does. I haven’t really investigated it though. I know it’s a precision shot, much like all the shots in this game. It might catch the tiny ball guide on the right, or possibly either a misaligned gate at top right or even the chimichanga truck. I would check those locations. I know pitch does play a factor as well and have had my game at all sorts of pitch levels, certain pitches affect each shot differently so you can always play with that can of worms, but you may mess up another shot in doing so haha.

#5636 4 years ago

So I became victim of the

Quoted from awesome1:

Hit 6 months of ownership yesterday![quoted image]

Holy crap. That’s a lot of plays in 6 mos of home use. Good on you sir for playing so much I’ll have to check mine when I get home, I’m coming up on a year next month. Still one of my favorite pins I’ve ever owned. But there’s been some bumps and bruises on the way which I’ll mention in my next post.

#5637 4 years ago

Making this post regarding Katana ramp in case it helps someone out (tldr at bottom of post):

So I just recently became victim of the ever so common chipped katana ramp of entrance. I already took preventive measures with the washer under the call guide and a small strip of Mylar to prevent anymore chipping. I’d like to hear what others have done as well.

That said, I’m coming up on one year of ownership next month. My katana ramp has always been a great-mostly successful shot. When I started doing the preventive maintenance on the ramp entrance, I noticed the ball guide was ever so slightly loose. I’m guessing this guide being loose has something to do with the increased chance to chip the pf (speculative guess). Anyway, I got the washer in place, Mylar set, and made sure to tighten the ball guide firmly. Btw, I’m lazy and did the washer trick which, instead of taking the whole guide apart, I used diags to cut a small gap in the washer, loosen the ball guide, and then slip the washer in place.

Continuing on; ever since doing that, my katana ramp has been crap. Very inconsistent. I thought it was the washer at first, so played with that. Then I tried tightening the guide a hair to the left, then a hair to the right. I couldn’t find any consistency. I was liking my DP less and less and just didn’t feel the same as the first 10 months of owning it. I left it unplayed for a week.

Thankfully, the wife took the kids this past weekend for 4 hours straight. I didn’t not want to give up on DP because I love this game and this was the opportunity I needed to dig in deeper. With no wife and kids in the house, and freshly awaken, it dawned on me before I even took the glass off. The guide was ever so slightly loose before I did preventive maintenance. So...I loosened the nut just a fraction of a hair. Holy shit, what a difference!

TLDR: So if anyone is having inconsistencies with that ramp, try loosening it a fraction of a hair; but be sure you do preventive maintenance on the common chipping pf of the entrance to the ramp first if you do. Now don’t get me wrong, the shot still misses randomly from time to time, but it is much more consistent than how it was with a firmly tightened down ball guide.

#5638 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Once in a blue moon it does. I haven’t really investigated it though. I know it’s a precision shot, much like all the shots in this game. It might catch the tiny ball guide on the right, or possibly either a misaligned gate at top right or even the chimichanga truck. I would check those locations. I know pitch does play a factor as well and have had my game at all sorts of pitch levels, certain pitches affect each shot differently so you can always play with that can of worms, but you may mess up another shot in doing so haha.

it doesn’t get close to the gate or the truck when it fails...hangs near the lift for the ball return to the right flipper. Double-checked my horizontal level and it was about .3 degrees sloping right. Releveled. A problem I do have it that the machine is on Berber carpet, so it seems my leveling can unfortunately change on me. Wondering if placing some one foot by one foot square tile under the legs would help any. Anyone else have theirs on carpet?

#5639 4 years ago

All my games are on carpet now. The first couple of weeks I did have issues but after that the pad and carpet had nice little footprints for the games. Now I just make sure they stay in those. If I do a slide save, I'll replace my divot at the end of the game if needed.

#5640 4 years ago
Quoted from maroot:

it doesn’t get close to the gate or the truck when it fails...hangs near the lift for the ball return to the right flipper. Double-checked my horizontal level and it was about .3 degrees sloping right. Releveled. A problem I do have it that the machine is on Berber carpet, so it seems my leveling can unfortunately change on me. Wondering if placing some one foot by one foot square tile under the legs would help any. Anyone else have theirs on carpet?

My machines are on carpet and within the last year I put them all on "furniture pads" for each leg. Works great and I can slide the pins a little easier if needed, but not so much that normal play or a little "rougher play" moves the pin around.

I occasionally have a "reject" on the right orbit. To me it seems like the ball guide (bent wire going through playfield... looks like a giant staple) will sometimes cause the ball to bounce upward and hit the Katana sword from underneath and the ball rejects back into shooter lane or playfield.

I haven't tried removing the guide or really investigating further since it only happens about once every few games on my Pro.

#5641 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Making this post regarding Katana ramp in case it helps someone out (tldr at bottom of post):
So I just recently became victim of the ever so common chipped katana ramp of entrance. I already took preventive measures with the washer under the call guide and a small strip of Mylar to prevent anymore chipping. I’d like to hear what others have done as well.
That said, I’m coming up on one year of ownership next month. My katana ramp has always been a great-mostly successful shot. When I started doing the preventive maintenance on the ramp entrance, I noticed the ball guide was ever so slightly loose. I’m guessing this guide being loose has something to do with the increased chance to chip the pf (speculative guess). Anyway, I got the washer in place, Mylar set, and made sure to tighten the ball guide firmly. Btw, I’m lazy and did the washer trick which, instead of taking the whole guide apart, I used diags to cut a small gap in the washer, loosen the ball guide, and then slip the washer in place.
Continuing on; ever since doing that, my katana ramp has been crap. Very inconsistent. I thought it was the washer at first, so played with that. Then I tried tightening the guide a hair to the left, then a hair to the right. I couldn’t find any consistency. I was liking my DP less and less and just didn’t feel the same as the first 10 months of owning it. I left it unplayed for a week.
Thankfully, the wife took the kids this past weekend for 4 hours straight. I didn’t not want to give up on DP because I love this game and this was the opportunity I needed to dig in deeper. With no wife and kids in the house, and freshly awaken, it dawned on me before I even took the glass off. The guide was ever so slightly loose before I did preventive maintenance. So...I loosened the nut just a fraction of a hair. Holy shit, what a difference!
TLDR: So if anyone is having inconsistencies with that ramp, try loosening it a fraction of a hair; but be sure you do preventive maintenance on the common chipping pf of the entrance to the ramp first if you do. Now don’t get me wrong, the shot still misses randomly from time to time, but it is much more consistent than how it was with a firmly tightened down ball guide.

I disagree with this. A loose ball guide is likely to be the cause of the chipped katana ramp entrance as you speculated. Cutting a slot in a washer creates more sharp metal corners that could damage the playfield in a difference place. The guide can be easily removed, although it does require removing the katana sword and disconnecting the optos in the handle. You can remove the guide completely and put washers underneath. Then it can be adjusted precisely - in my experience the key part was bending the far end of the guide back towards the back of the machine but a little goes a long way here. My guess is a loose ball guide essentially does the same thing but allows motion of the guide or washers against the playfield. I would not attempt to bend the guide while it is still attached to the playfield. Getting this shot reliable adds a lot to the enjoyment of this game, and can be done with ball guide tight.

#5642 4 years ago

Hello,

I just got this deadpool pro.
I've removed the playfield protector and everything is alright.
But I'm wondering what are the preventive actions I should take to avoid some potential known damage

#5643 4 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

My machines are on carpet and within the last year I put them all on "furniture pads" for each leg. Works great and I can slide the pins a little easier if needed, but not so much that normal play or a little "rougher play" moves the pin around.
I occasionally have a "reject" on the right orbit. To me it seems like the ball guide (bent wire going through playfield... looks like a giant staple) will sometimes cause the ball to bounce upward and hit the Katana sword from underneath and the ball rejects back into shooter lane or playfield.
I haven't tried removing the guide or really investigating further since it only happens about once every few games on my Pro.

Ahh, yes. That could be the same thing happening to me. Once every few games for me too. I’ll look into that. Thanks!

#5644 4 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I disagree with this. A loose ball guide is likely to be the cause of the chipped katana ramp entrance as you speculated. Cutting a slot in a washer creates more sharp metal corners that could damage the playfield in a difference place. The guide can be easily removed, although it does require removing the katana sword and disconnecting the optos in the handle. You can remove the guide completely and put washers underneath. Then it can be adjusted precisely - in my experience the key part was bending the far end of the guide back towards the back of the machine but a little goes a long way here. My guess is a loose ball guide essentially does the same thing but allows motion of the guide or washers against the playfield. I would not attempt to bend the guide while it is still attached to the playfield. Getting this shot reliable adds a lot to the enjoyment of this game, and can be done with ball guide tight.

I have a washer under only the lower bolt of the guide and my Katana ramp shot works perfectly every time as long as it's a solid shot, I'm right around 7 degree pitch.

I actually had a cliffy on there for the first week of ownership, but it looked like the clear started pooling up around it, so I switched it out for just a washer. My machine may have still had the clear "curing"? Build date of 8/22/19 and I received on 9/6/19...

#5645 4 years ago

One more thing. I have many times had the ball hang on the right side in the P-O-O-L drop target, usually in the “L” slot. Then have to wait for the ball find to kick it out. The drops seem aligned okay, so not sure what is keeping the ball there.

And can the pop bumpers be made more sensitive? When the ball drops through the “B” on BAM!, it won’t kick the ball on that top left pop bumper usually. Thanks again for any suggestions!

#5646 4 years ago
Quoted from maroot:

One more thing. I have many times had the ball hang on the right side in the P-O-O-L drop target, usually in the “L” slot. Then have to wait for the ball find to kick it out. The drops seem aligned okay, so not sure what is keeping the ball there.
And can the pop bumpers be made more sensitive? When the ball drops through the “B” on BAM!, it won’t kick the ball on that top left pop bumper usually. Thanks again for any suggestions!

Yes, all switches can be adjusted. Look at the individual leaf switch contact points and bend the prongs so they are closer for more response.

I have a Pro, so no drops for "Dead Pool" targets, (just really fast side to side action against the targets), but that may be a pitch or side to side leveling issue if it's getting stuck there with the target down.

#5647 4 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Yes, all switches can be adjusted. Look at the individual leaf switch contact points and bend the prongs so they are closer for more response.
I have a Pro, so no drops for "Dead Pool" targets, (just really fast side to side action against the targets), but that may be a pitch or side to side leveling issue if it's getting stuck there with the target down.

Excellent! I will check that out!

Side to side is on the money, so not sure what the deal is.

#5648 4 years ago
Quoted from maroot:

Excellent! I will check that out!
Side to side is on the money, so not sure what the deal is.

Adjusting the leaf switch will definitely make it more sensitive, but if you're finding that it's more sensitive from one direction over another, it might just need a little adjustment to the spoon for that given pop.

It's a trivial adjustment.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-rebuilding-pop-bumpers#post-486010

#5649 4 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Yea, you’re probably right about the washer. Mine is firmly seated still, so should be fine but will definitely keep tabs on it and redo it next time I have free time. As for the ball guide, you may have misinterpreted; you make it sound like i have the ball guide loose - it is not. I just freed up the tightened nut just a hair (like 1/4-1/2 turn) to give the guide just a very fractional ‘give’ to it. Which, how I mentioned, is how it has been for 10 months and working great. I couldn’t find a happy medium (left or right) with it tightened completely. But, may give it another go as you mentioned should it ever both me.

But man, what a game when you can string combos together (center shot, katana ramp, left loop, left ramp, right loop, katana ramp, ninjapocalypse! Etc...) that energy just gets sucked out of you so quick when the katana ramp acts up. Precision-Flow, as I like to call it.

#5650 4 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Hit 6 months of ownership yesterday![quoted image]

Wow I checked the majority of my games tonight and on Houdini in 18 months I have 400 games, xmen in 7 years in have 1400, WOZ in 5 years I have 1650, TWDLE I’ve got 1500 in 4 years I think. I need to pickup the pace with my game play

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Belmont, MI
$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinsburg, WV
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 64.99
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/113?hl=wizwiggy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.