(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 5,520 posts
  • 469 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by rmarmol1
  • Topic is favorited by 199 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,207 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

1 (resized).jpg
9AD76C50-77B9-46CB-90F5-70E82192FE25 (resized).png
67571769-BD72-42E1-8F09-389A38E7A115 (resized).jpeg
CE65854A-FACE-4F29-A5AC-2E79608F57D7 (resized).jpeg
ebay (resized).JPG
37BB3A24-A6B2-405C-B706-D0A87D9FDB41 (resized).png
02D97A40-2185-410E-A4E4-086625BEC1B1 (resized).jpeg
7DCD0590-0CCB-4587-992A-3A2868C89EF9 (resized).jpeg
FBB06B97-4CFA-445C-80BC-45FD6B82F5D9 (resized).jpeg
BEF0EA46-CC1F-4065-96E6-3A3CC6468052 (resized).jpeg
deadpool-ball2-super-slow.gif
IMG_7421 (resized).jpeg
D3AA0541-06AE-4FBB-AEC9-57AD329BFF35 (resized).jpeg
2391FD7C-07D7-4EEE-858F-421B9A5E8459 (resized).jpeg
7C3FDD51-1C94-4B21-8E27-B656691B805F (resized).jpeg
9854B0B3-E70F-4787-BB0E-E1990F8340C9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 5520 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 111.
#5501 4 days ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Check your goodie bag. I thought I read somewhere that all of the pro flat plastic characters that were left off of or replaced on the prem/LE were included in case you wanted to add them. I'm assuming that includes DP in the hammock, but not sure.

Goodie bag on premium comes with the Pro plastics. At least mine did

#5502 3 days ago

Does anyone here know where I might be able to find a 3.75 inch tall figure of Domino the character from DP? I’ve looked around but can’t seem to find one.

I have one set up in my machine right now but she’s 5 inches tall so she doesn’t size up with the other figures I have on the play field.

37BB3A24-A6B2-405C-B706-D0A87D9FDB41 (resized).png
#5503 3 days ago
Quoted from rmarmol1:

My Colossus figurine now has a small pinball in his hand.
What do you guys think?
[quoted image][quoted image]
Never mind those damn dimples you can see on these pics... F’n Stern with their cheap ass play fields.

Probably a dumb question but...did you drill holes through the plastics to attach Colossus. I've been using quake putty and just don't like how it's always a risk of falling over. I was worried if I drilled holes it splinter the plastic.

#5504 3 days ago
Quoted from rmarmol1:

Does anyone here know where I might be able to find a 3.75 inch tall figure of Domino the character from DP? I’ve looked around but can’t seem to find one.
I have one set up in my machine right now but she’s 5 inches tall so she doesn’t size up with the other figures I have on the play field.[quoted image]

Watch ebay. I've seen a few made custom that's the right size for $20-$30.
ebay (resized).JPG

#5505 3 days ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

Probably a dumb question but...did you drill holes through the plastics to attach Colossus. I've been using quake putty and just don't like how it's always a risk of falling over. I was worried if I drilled holes it splinter the plastic.

I might have yes. If I remember correctly I was able to use the openings that are there for the plastic Colossus but I think I might have drilled one or two small holes to get the 4 small zip ties I wanted to use to secure my new colossus action figure.

If you want I can’t post a pictures later when I’m home from work. LMK

*** just wanted to add, he is very secure! I’ve had the ball hit him a few times and he’s never fallen off.

#5506 3 days ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

Watch ebay. I've seen a few made custom that's the right size for $20-$20.[quoted image]

Awesome!

Thank you!

#5507 3 days ago
Quoted from rmarmol1:

I might have yes. If I remember correctly I was able to use the openings that are there for the plastic Colossus but I think I might have drilled one or two small holes to get the 4 small zip ties I wanted to use to secure my new colossus action figure.
If you want I can’t post a pictures later when I’m home from work. LMK
*** just wanted to add, he is very secure! I’ve had the ball hit him a few times and he’s never fallen off.

If no big deal that'd be a huge help! I'd love to have him secure for the long haul. Thanks!

#5508 3 days ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

If no big deal that'd be a huge help! I'd love to have him secure for the long haul. Thanks!

Here you go...

Just an FYI, I did remove that plastic to do the work away from the play field then reinstalled it with Colossus attached.

Hope this helps!

67571769-BD72-42E1-8F09-389A38E7A115 (resized).jpegCE65854A-FACE-4F29-A5AC-2E79608F57D7 (resized).jpeg

#5509 3 days ago
Quoted from rmarmol1:

Here you go...
Just an FYI, I did remove that plastic to do the work away from the play field then reinstalled it with Colossus attached.
Hope this helps!

Red or black zip ties would blend in better.

#5510 2 days ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Red or black zip ties would blend in better.

Yeah.... I know.

But! I’m like a little F’n kid when it comes to this stuff and at the time that’s what I had so I used it because I couldn’t wait to get I installed!

It looks fine! It so far back in the play field you don’t really notice it when you’re playing. I’m not that OCD that it bugs me much either.
9AD76C50-77B9-46CB-90F5-70E82192FE25 (resized).png

#5511 2 days ago
Quoted from rmarmol1:

Here you go...
Hope this helps!

Thanks for taking the time for the pictures! Now to decide if I’m brave enough to drill the plastics.

#5512 2 days ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

Thanks for taking the time for the pictures! Now to decide if I’m brave enough to drill the plastics.

You don't have to do that if you really don't want to. It's diffidently the best long term solution but you could also mount it via:
- 3M double sided tape. Get the kind they use for auto panels. I used this in my Avengers and all of the figures held just fine. This figure is a bit larger though but I think it would hold.
- use piano wire and mount that wire to the figure and then make a loop in the end and use that loop at one of the bolts coming through the plastic already

I'm not real sure which direction I'm going to go but leaning towards the Zip tie approach as that is how the others are mounted.

#5513 2 days ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Check your goodie bag. I thought I read somewhere that all of the pro flat plastic characters that were left off of or replaced on the prem/LE were included in case you wanted to add them. I'm assuming that includes DP in the hammock, but not sure.

Found the plastics in there. Thanks for the tip to look there. I know some have said it blocks the disco ball but I personally love it there. For those interested in this, it does block about half the light coming from dazzler that goes onto the disco ball so it does impact the light throwing aspect a little bit. But I still preferred it like this so left it on. Here is a pic from my crappy phone camera (Galaxy S10 so no clue why it stinks at pics) at players position. I also threw in the Colossus plastic until my figure comes in.
1 (resized).jpg

#5514 2 days ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Found the plastics in there. Thanks for the tip to look there. I know some have said it blocks the disco ball but I personally love it there. For those interested in this, it does block about half the light coming from dazzler that goes onto the disco ball so it does impact the light throwing aspect a little bit. But I still preferred it like this so left it on. Here is a pic from my crappy phone camera (Galaxy S10 so no clue why it stinks at pics) at players position. I also threw in the Colossus plastic until my figure comes in.
[quoted image]

Cool. Could you reposition the Dazzler light, or add a secondary one? Not sure how it's set up...

#5515 2 days ago

You absolutely can relocate it or add additional ones. It's a different type of light than what we normally see in games but it's still just a LED light. Relocating would be easy. I was thinking about moving it from dazzler and making a mount to put it under the plastic at the back of that ramp. But it hasn't bothered me enough to make that a priority especially since the light coming from Wolverine is still throwing light everywhere. I still get the cool effect in the back of the game, on the ceiling in my room, etc. It's really just blocking the light from hitting the bottom of the ball there so I don't get as much on the middle of the PF. Still get some from the Wolverine light though.

#5516 2 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

Home vacuums are generally a bad idea around electronics due to static electricity. The bottom of the wood cabinet is about the only safe place.

Come on man. Don't scare people. Nobody is going to break anything in their game by vacuuming the playfield. 2) Pinball machines have arguably some of the most redundant grounding of any electronic device in the world, including all of the side rails. If you've managed to discharge static to a sensitive electronic component ON the playfield (?) and somehow didn't discharge that same static with the hose pressed against the the side rails as you lean over, you've accomplished quite the feat. Anyway, I've vacuumed hundreds of machines regularly and never damaged anything.

#5517 1 day ago
Quoted from ignat:

Or not bother with novus2 and just clean and wax?

I noticed there are some super light ball tracks or very very light clear coat scratches. What’s the best way to deal with these?

I would vacuum every 100 games, clean with naphtha every 250 games, and after 500 if you the shine is gone or you have some decent ball trails, remove all the lower flipper/sling stuff and do Novus 2 with a random orbital buffer on low. That's what I do and my games stay mint. I do not wax them.

#5518 1 day ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Cool. Could you reposition the Dazzler light, or add a secondary one? Not sure how it's set up...

Quick video taken of disco loop start up. You can see it still hits most of the PF that it did before the plastic added as the ramp was blocking most of the lower PF as it was. My room isn't dark nor brightly lit but hope it helps.

#5519 1 day ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Come on man. Don't scare people. Nobody is going to break anything in their game by vacuuming the playfield. 2) Pinball machines have arguably some of the most redundant grounding of any electronic device in the world, including all of the side rails. If you've managed to discharge static to a sensitive electronic component ON the playfield (?) and somehow didn't discharge that same static with the hose pressed against the the side rails as you lean over, you've accomplished quite the feat. Anyway, I've vacuumed hundreds of machines regularly and never damaged anything.

Just because you never damaged anything vacuuming your pins doesn't mean static with a home vacuum when vacuuming around electronics isn't a potential problem. Humidity has a lot to do with how likely it is, too. It's not "scaring" people - knowledge is power. Some people don't even know it CAN happen, and with more machines having full-on actual PCs in them it's more likely that in the olden days when boards were more robust.

#5520 1 day ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

You could always order an extra plastic I’m sure they’re not too expensive. I was thinking of ordering one just to have it in case I need it down the road or if I want to reinstall it so it’s back to its original state.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
There are 5520 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 111.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside