(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,295 posts
  • 1,092 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Magicman
  • Topic is favorited by 557 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 326.
#5451 4 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

On a side note... it looks like your game has mylar on it? Is that an LE thing?
Or maybe an overlay protector you added?

I put the playfield protector on it.

#5452 4 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Does anyone know where the screw hole for this is located. I'm unable to find it. It's the innermost light bulb on the left flipper.[quoted image]

Is that planking on your field?? Sure looks like it.

#5453 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

That’s how all new Stern playfields look. They have changed their clearcoat process.

#5454 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

That’s how all new Stern playfields look. They have changed their clearcoat process.

I think you are exaggerating the word "all"... I can assure you that NONE of my new Sterns have shown this planking. I have Deadpool LE, Munsters LE, and JP Premium bought over the last couple of years with no planking. I do have very minor pooling around one post in Munsters but so far holding up well.

Sadly it seems to be a playfield lottery these days and this has caused me to stop buying new Sterns for the present.

#5455 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I think you are exaggerating the word "all"... I can assure you that NONE of my new Sterns have shown this planking. I have Deadpool LE, Munsters LE, and JP Premium bought over the last couple of years with no planking. I do have very minor pooling around one post in Munsters but so far holding up well.
Sadly it seems to be a playfield lottery these days and this has caused me to stop buying new Sterns for the present.

I really think there are 4 different PF's.

- pooling and chipping but smooth clear
- no pooling and chipping but graining in clear
- no pooling and chipping or graining but clear is so thin inserts can be seen as well as art.
- no pooling, chipping or graining but craters easily.

My Maiden Prem has the graining as seen above and my new DP doesn't have either but the clear is so thin you can see the inserts and artwork. Still smooth to the touch but more like the PF's of 10 years ago.

But to be clear, what you are seeing is not planking. The PF's are smooth at the surface but you can see the wood grain through the art/clear. Planking is actual separation of the paint/wood and can be felt. Two very different things but have the same look to them.

#5456 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

I guess I dodged a bullet then because my playfield doesn't look like that, It's a late 2019 and flawless

#5457 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

no pooling and chipping or graining but clear is so thin inserts can be seen as well as art.

Purely out of curiosity, what do you mean by so thin that the art can be seen? Since the coat is clear you can see the art work either way, but I am curious as to with a thinner clear coat how does the art look different? Thanks.

#5458 4 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

Purely out of curiosity, what do you mean by so thin that the art can be seen? Since the coat is clear you can see the art work either way, but I am curious as to with a thinner clear coat how does the art look different? Thanks.

It's something that's really hard for me to get a picture of since my gameroom is so dark. In a well lit room it's easier to see.

It's basically the height differences. With a thick clear coat everything evens out and makes everything nice and smooth. With a real thin clear you will have minor height differences between the areas with more ink than those areas with less. In the old silk screened PF's it was the most noticable, like my TFLE. But even with the direct print you can tell on inserts mainly where there is no ink and then ink. The height difference is visible. It's still mainly smooth but you can see it in the right light. I personally don't worry about it and it doesn't appear to wear worse than others (as mentioned TF is real bad about this) as my other games like that show the same wear as my games with thick clear (no wear). I do believe it's one of the reasons they went to the thicker clear though due to community irritation for not having that glass looking reflection.

#5459 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

You are correct that an absolute statement is quite often inaccurate. That said, this is quite common on newer Sterns. I’ve seen it on DP, Elvira, and JP first hand. However, it’s not planking. It appears that the thinner clear (or less coats) allows the light to reflect the grain of the wood.

#5460 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

It's something that's really hard for me to get a picture of since my gameroom is so dark. In a well lit room it's easier to see.
It's basically the height differences.....

Thanks! That explanation actually helps a lot/makes things clearer for me (no pun intended).

#5461 4 years ago

I’m in!

How are you meant to score in this game? My top is a laughable 147million..

2391FD7C-07D7-4EEE-858F-421B9A5E8459 (resized).jpeg2391FD7C-07D7-4EEE-858F-421B9A5E8459 (resized).jpeg7C3FDD51-1C94-4B21-8E27-B656691B805F (resized).jpeg7C3FDD51-1C94-4B21-8E27-B656691B805F (resized).jpegD3AA0541-06AE-4FBB-AEC9-57AD329BFF35 (resized).jpegD3AA0541-06AE-4FBB-AEC9-57AD329BFF35 (resized).jpeg
#5462 4 years ago
Quoted from ignat:

I’m in!
How are you meant to score in this game? My top is a laughable 147million..[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Practice charging your teamups (left orbit, turnaround next to hellhouse, center spinner, right orbit until blue triangle is lit) before heading into a battle, then hit your teamups to activate them in battle so they'll help you out (using a BOOM also can activate one). I've gotten something like you're saying is your top score just from ONE Sabretooth battle with teamups and a multiplier.

Also, practice making the Snnnkkt shot until you can make it a few times per game, at least.

#5463 4 years ago
Quoted from ignat:

How are you meant to score in this game? My top is a laughable 147million..

may be playing with your eyes opened !?

(joke inside)

#5464 4 years ago

Well, I just replaced my coil stops. I had metal filings in the bottom of the cabinet after only 300 games! I also replaced my SNIKT bracket. Only hit SNIKT once in 5 games so far. I previously had removed one screw and angled it out a bit and was having good luck hitting it. I wouldn’t think I should need to do that, so thought the pinlife bracket would allow me to mount it back the way it was. It clears the ramp okay. Or it is just a hard shot like it should be?

#5465 4 years ago
Quoted from maroot:

Well, I just replaced my coil stops. I had metal filings in the bottom of the cabinet after only 300 games! I also replaced my SNIKT bracket. Only hit SNIKT once in 5 games so far. I previously had removed one screw and angled it out a bit and was having good luck hitting it. I wouldn’t think I should need to do that, so thought the pinlife bracket would allow me to mount it back the way it was. It clears the ramp okay. Or it is just a hard shot like it should be?

It's a difficult shot. I'd imagine only a handful of people are hitting it consistently. I usually hit it once or twice a game, accidentally. Especially during a multiball. It took a lot of games to get to that point though. I have only had 5x twice and those are two of my highest scoring games. It is extremely lucrative.

#5466 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

It is extremely lucrative.

well, its THE key shot in this game...

i completed DEADPOOL 2 times, once with 3.8 B points (on a PRO), the other one with 6 B (on a LE) !
i'm not sure of course, but mostly the points difference is due to having PF multiplier going on or not

#5467 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

well, its THE key shot in this game...
i completed DEADPOOL 2 times, once with 3.8 B points (on a PRO), the other one with 6 B (on a LE) !
i'm not sure of course, but mostly the points difference is due to having PF multiplier going on or not

For sure. I know that I got a collosus jackpot over 800,000,000 once when I had 4 or 5x going. Easy to break a billion when you get 80% of the way there in one shot.

#5468 4 years ago

I just beat Mr Sinister Clone MB, Megakrakalodonis Rex MB and Mr Sinister III - The Final Battle! The flippers go dead and another ball respawns. Is there anything else after these 3 wizard modes?

IMG_7421 (resized).jpegIMG_7421 (resized).jpeg
#5469 4 years ago

Game starts over. From what I can tell nothing is harder and scoring is about the same. Just a reset of the modes.

Would be cool to have a wizard mode for beating all 3 of those wizard modes since you dont have to play clone or beat them (can drain in meg and it's over for instance). Be like a victory wizard mode that once over just ends the game (like JP2 does)

#5470 4 years ago

It is a little odd sometimes. I was having a great game today. Got farther than I ever had, saw a couple new modes I'd never seen before....just a great game. I'm thinking when I look up, I'm going to see some crazy good score...nope. not even close to getting initials on the board.

#5471 4 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

I just beat Mr Sinister Clone MB, Megakrakalodonis Rex MB and Mr Sinister III - The Final Battle! The flippers go dead and another ball respawns. Is there anything else after these 3 wizard modes?[quoted image]

Nice, Congrats! Now take the first set of training wheels off and remove the outlane posts

#5472 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

It is a little odd sometimes. I was having a great game today. Got farther than I ever had, saw a couple new modes I'd never seen before....just a great game. I'm thinking when I look up, I'm going to see some crazy good score...nope. not even close to getting initials on the board.

That is the only problem with the PF mod going up to 5x. If you ever get to something like mech suit mb with 5x going you wont beat that score unless you do it again. Still freaking awesome. Some of the call outside make me LOL.

#5473 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

That is the only problem with the PF mod going up to 5x. If you ever get to something like mech suit mb with 5x going you wont beat that score unless you do it again. Still freaking awesome. Some of the call outside make me LOL.

I hear what you’re saying, but it is a rush to get it that high. That said, the 5x (and I believe, or hope it was intentional) is derived from there being 5 Snikt special edition comics created. Hence, 5x.

#5474 4 years ago

How are people cleaning and polishing their DPs?

I notice in the Stern manual it says to use Novus2..

#5475 4 years ago
Quoted from ignat:

Novus 1 for me

#5476 4 years ago
Quoted from ignat:

I wipe the play field with either a dry micro fiber cloth or with some Novus 1 on it. I then every so often wax the play field with some pure (ie no cleaners) clear paste carnuba wax.

#5477 4 years ago
Quoted from ignat:

Novus 2 is a abrasive and only necessary for very very dirty games. Use Naphtha and a vaccuum. Every 500 plays or so you can Novus 2 and polish, but more than that will remove more clear coat than is necessary.

#5478 4 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Novus 2 is a abrasive and only necessary for very very dirty games. Use Naphtha and a vaccuum. Every 500 plays or so you can Novus 2 and polish, but more than that will remove more clear coat than is necessary.

Home vacuums are generally a bad idea around electronics due to static electricity. The bottom of the wood cabinet is about the only safe place.

#5479 4 years ago
Quoted from ignat:

Wizards Mist n Shine. JJP approved and recommended. Works amazing! Have been using this stuff for a few years now.

https://www.amazon.com/Wizards-Detailing-Showroom-Chemicals-Mist-N-Shine/dp/B002U729UA/ref=sr_1_2

#5480 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Wizards Mist n Shine. JJP approved and recommended. Works amazing! Have been using this stuff for a few years now.
amazon.com link »

And smells nice too

#5481 4 years ago

Anybody have trouble with the one-way gate at the top of the shooter lane on Deadpool Pro? During play, the ball often has trouble passing the gate. Seems to be speed related. I talked to Sterns support a while back and they offered a few suggestions that didn't help. They don't seem interested in helping me any more. I've tried loosening and repositioning the gate and chimi truck to no avail. The mechanical parts at the gate all seem to be working properly and freely moving. I took a slo-mo video with my phone and was surprised by what I saw. At the top of the shooter lane where it curves left to the gate, the ball is actually leaving the playfield and hitting the hinge. No idea how to stop that. Link to the video is below. Any suggestions?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4au6d7fpnnfvxnw/IMG_2526.TRIM.MOV?dl=0

#5482 4 years ago
Quoted from MysticalMule:

Anybody have trouble with the one-way gate at the top of the shooter lane on Deadpool Pro? During play, the ball often has trouble passing the gate. Seems to be speed related. I talked to Sterns support a while back and they offered a few suggestions that didn't help. They don't seem interested in helping me any more. I've tried loosening and repositioning the gate and chimi truck to no avail. The mechanical parts at the gate all seem to be working properly and freely moving. I took a slo-mo video with my phone and was surprised by what I saw. At the top of the shooter lane where it curves left to the gate, the ball is actually leaving the playfield and hitting the hinge. No idea how to stop that. Link to the video is below. Any suggestions?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4au6d7fpnnfvxnw/IMG_2526.TRIM.MOV?dl=0

You're too tight on the corner to tell if it's getting air on the switch wire or if it's airborne before that. It SEEMS like it's already in the air at that point. Pull back more to give a better overview and more of a side angle so the air is more obvious and slo-mo video it again. Air is definitely your problem. Just need to figure out where it's coming from.

#5483 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

My playfield is fine. No pooling, chipping or any problems since i bought it a year ago. Only thing ive done is replace some lightbulbs that went out. I do plan to put a playfield protector on it. I will say Stern shooter lanes are absolute garbage. My dp shooter lane isnt too scuffed up but its by far the worst shooter lane ive had on any of my machines

#5484 4 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

My DPLE just hit 500 games. So you think I light hit of novus2 and a good polish?

Or not bother with novus2 and just clean and wax?

I noticed there are some super light ball tracks or very very light clear coat scratches. What’s the best way to deal with these?

#5485 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You're too tight on the corner to tell if it's getting air on the switch wire or if it's airborne before that. It SEEMS like it's already in the air at that point. Pull back more to give a better overview and more of a side angle so the air is more obvious and slo-mo video it again. Air is definitely your problem. Just need to figure out where it's coming from.

Good call. I tried to get more of a side-angle this time. Scrubbing the video back and forth on my phone you can see a tiny change in trajectory on the ball as it leaves the wire switch. Doesn't seem to be airborne before the switch. Seems so weird though because the action on that switch is so soft and gentle. It's hard to imagine it having that much of an impact on the ball. There's definitely a speed factor to this too. If I soft to medium plunge, no issues. Full power plunge or auto plunge has a high chance of going airborne. Just can't see any way to solve this other than maybe putting some washers under the chimi truck posts to raise it a little to avoid the hit. New video:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x04ngur4ost06h1/IMG_3050.mov?dl=0

Thanks

#5486 4 years ago

Good call. I tried to get more of a side-angle this time. Scrubbing the video back and forth on my phone you can see a tiny change in trajectory on the ball as it leaves the wire switch. Doesn't seem to be airborne before the switch. Seems so weird though because the action on that switch is so soft and gentle. It's hard to imagine it having that much of an impact on the ball. There's definitely a speed factor to this too. If I soft to medium plunge, no issues. Full power plunge or auto plunge has a high chance of going airborne. Just can't see any way to solve this other than maybe putting some washers under the chimi truck posts to raise it a little to avoid the hit. New video:
Thanks

It's definitely weird that it gets air off that switch, but not unheard of. On Ghostbusters it gets air off the tiny change from playfield to mylar.

One thought though. Is that switch depressing all the way level with the playfield? Maybe it's just a tiny bit above the playfield still when depressed and that's launching the ball...

deadpool-ball2-super-slow.gifdeadpool-ball2-super-slow.gif
#5487 4 years ago
Quoted from ignat:

My DPLE just hit 500 games. So you think I light hit of novus2 and a good polish?
Or not bother with novus2 and just clean and wax?
I noticed there are some super light ball tracks or very very light clear coat scratches. What’s the best way to deal with these?

You should be wiping it down every 50-100 plays, or when you start seeing trails, with novus 1 or wizards mist n shine (personal recommendation). Wax every 1000 plays.

#5488 4 years ago

Looks to me like it's getting airborne off the end of the switch slot. Can you loosen the screw and push the metal guide to the right while tightening back down the screw? My theory is if the ball can be moved very slightly to the right, then the ball won't line up with the switch slot and get airborne.

#5489 4 years ago

My Colossus figurine now has a small pinball in his hand.

What do you guys think?
BEF0EA46-CC1F-4065-96E6-3A3CC6468052 (resized).jpegBEF0EA46-CC1F-4065-96E6-3A3CC6468052 (resized).jpegFBB06B97-4CFA-445C-80BC-45FD6B82F5D9 (resized).jpegFBB06B97-4CFA-445C-80BC-45FD6B82F5D9 (resized).jpeg

Never mind those damn dimples you can see on these pics... F’n Stern with their cheap ass play fields.

#5490 4 years ago

Thanks

My DP does this exact same thing.... I have been meaning to look into it to figure out, but just haven't yet.

#5491 4 years ago

Yeah, mslow is getting too good at this game... kinda badass
And that smize though

02D97A40-2185-410E-A4E4-086625BEC1B1 (resized).jpeg02D97A40-2185-410E-A4E4-086625BEC1B1 (resized).jpeg7DCD0590-0CCB-4587-992A-3A2868C89EF9 (resized).jpeg7DCD0590-0CCB-4587-992A-3A2868C89EF9 (resized).jpeg
#5492 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

What do you guys think?
[quoted image][quoted image]
Never mind those damn dimples you can see on these pics... F’n Stern with their cheap ass play fields.

Silver Balls brother

#5493 4 years ago

Since we’re on the playfield topic... I just posted this last night on the DP owners thread.

You can clearly see my awesome Stern playfield and the Highest Quality that it is...

It’s a shame I tell you love my DP pin but so disappointed in the quality.

I’m really looking forward to owning a Spooky pin though!!!!

What do you guys think?
[quoted image][quoted image]

#5494 4 years ago

What do you guys think?

I think you just convinced me to buy one of those. I've been debating it as I wasn't sure how it would look in the game but that looks like it belongs there. Still not sure why there wasn't one from the factory as the Pro has a plastic there. Seems odd to leave that spot blank when the other "plastic" characters were replaced with actual figures.

Now I just need to find a pro owner that doesn't want their Deadpool plastic above the left ramp or a solution to recreate that with a figure. I guess stern didn't put that there on the Prem/Le due to the disco ball but I'd prefer it to be there as I like the way it looks and I don't think it would negatively impact the disco lights during the mode. Anyone have something there on their Prem/LE?

#5495 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Anyone know what would cause all my mini deadpool drop targets to come up and force you to complete them again after the light turns green (1 shot left). Happening 50% of the time now.

In case this happens to anyone else. I was able to fix this last night. What was happening was that the stand up target under mini deadpool was gaped to close so when the bracket swung back (it pivots for the mini deadpool action) it was re-triggering that target so the game thought I made the shot. Since the opto never saw the ball (since one wasn't in there) it wasn't starting the mode. Solution was simply to just increase the gap a little but. PITA target to get to and adjust but it fixed it.

#5496 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I think you just convinced me to buy one of those. I've been debating it as I wasn't sure how it would look in the game but that looks like it belongs there. Still not sure why there wasn't one from the factory as the Pro has a plastic there. Seems odd to leave that spot blank when the other "plastic" characters were replaced with actual figures.
Now I just need to find a pro owner that doesn't want their Deadpool plastic above the left ramp or a solution to recreate that with a figure. I guess stern didn't put that there on the Prem/Le due to the disco ball but I'd prefer it to be there as I like the way it looks and I don't think it would negatively impact the disco lights during the mode. Anyone have something there on their Prem/LE?

Check your goodie bag. I thought I read somewhere that all of the pro flat plastic characters that were left off of or replaced on the prem/LE were included in case you wanted to add them. I'm assuming that includes DP in the hammock, but not sure.

#5497 4 years ago

Thanks for the tip. I'll check that out tonight when I get home. Fingers crossed as I love that plastic and really miss it on my prem, just not enough to buy a full plastic set to get one.

Yes, I know I'm weird...

#5498 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Check your goodie bag. I thought I read somewhere that all of the pro flat plastic characters that were left off of or replaced on the prem/LE were included in case you wanted to add them. I'm assuming that includes DP in the hammock, but not sure.

I can confirm that these are present in the LE goodie bag including the DP in the hammock. I tried installing it but it looks stupid with the disco ball there and blocks the cool lighting effects from the ball. I removed it later the same day and I'm pretty sure this is why it isn't installed at the factory.

#5499 4 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I can confirm that these are present in the LE goodie bag including the DP in the hammock. I tried installing it but it looks stupid with the disco ball there and blocks the cool lighting effects from the ball. I removed it later the same day and I'm pretty sure this is why it isn't installed at the factory.

Cool that it's there...bummer it doesn't look good installed. I wonder if there is anywhere else it could be placed with a little modification. I loved that little guy on my pro, and if I ever upgrade it would be a shame not to have him there.

#5500 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Mine is a premium and it does not affect the Disco light.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinsburg, WV
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 64.99
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 25.95
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rochester, NH
$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bay Area, CA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/110?hl=jdub03 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.