(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,265 posts
  • 1,090 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by BurntBiscuit
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg
dp16 (resized).jpg
IMG_2260 (resized).jpg
IMG_2259 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,265 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 326.
#5301 4 years ago

I had 580M on ball one with two extra balls. All of a sudden the scoop stopped recognizing balls while I was in ninja multiball. I got two balls rested on it then the third drained. It did a ball clear, then I shot one back in only to have it not recognize that. The other ball drained and out of nowhere it resets to a new game.

I am sure it is something stupid I can fix, but WTF! I had a sweet game going!

Sorry, I needed to rant to people that would understand my frustration.

#5302 4 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

After a few years of not selling the Micro Display Mods (other than the TV versions), these are back in my Pinside Shop and on Mezelmods. I made a few changes from the original version.[quoted image][quoted image]

To me these size and framings are silly in most games...
The only one that ever sorta made sense was a replacement for a score card.

#5303 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

That’s sucks man.
I’d think the issue is your scoop switch. The screws come loose or originally the wires were to tight and the green wire lead would break off of the switch.

See post #608 for pictures.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/13#post-4612182

#5304 4 years ago

Finally joined the billion club! Had a hell of a game and drained right befor 100 weapons. Was really hoping to to get that solid 1X to play around with. Plus a match!?
7EC05C79-9BF4-4A08-AAC4-2D498000BB5D (resized).jpeg7EC05C79-9BF4-4A08-AAC4-2D498000BB5D (resized).jpeg
Heard a new fav call out too during sabertooth. Something along the lines of - we could turn you into a nice rug and really tie the room together. Beauty

#5305 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I had 580M on ball one with two extra balls. All of a sudden the scoop stopped recognizing balls while I was in ninja multiball. I got two balls rested on it then the third drained. It did a ball clear, then I shot one back in only to have it not recognize that. The other ball drained and out of nowhere it resets to a new game.

Same happened to me on a great game with a lot of the enemies already beat...

The VUK stoped working for the battles!

Pulled the play field up and found the wire terminal just came clean off the switch.

cheaper parts... more breakdowns.

Love you Stern...
0F8CCFB0-D718-429E-86EE-2EBB3266C9BA (resized).jpeg0F8CCFB0-D718-429E-86EE-2EBB3266C9BA (resized).jpeg

#5306 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Pulled e play field up and find the wire terminal just came clean off the switch.
cheaper parts... more breakdowns.[quoted image]

I’ve had the exact switch break on me 3 times now same thing clean break right off the switch. Had my machine just over a year now. Went to purchase the switch off macro the other day and it’s sold out

#5307 4 years ago
Quoted from Borntolose:

I’ve had the exact switch break on me 3 times now same thing clean break right off the switch. Had my machine just over a year now. Went to purchase the switch off macro the other day and it’s sold out

Oh boy! That sucks! Yeah I bought two figuring it would break again… My machine is also about a-year-old

#5308 4 years ago

I ordered mine from Pinball Life

You should check with them to see if they have them in stock

#5309 4 years ago

i’m curious… What are the rest of you fellow dead pool pinball machine owners experiencing as far as breakdowns?

So far on my DP I’ve had to replace the following because they either broke or were worn;

Broken slingshot rubbers
Worn out post sleeves
Broken VUK switch

***I forgot I had one more issue; the Li’l Deadpool drop targets were not working correctly… I had to get in there and adjust the metal bracket to fix it.

It’s mostly just me playing the machine besides my wife and some company every once in a while.

I’d hate to see what and how much would be breaking on it if it were on location

#5310 4 years ago

I've replaced nothing, had to fix nothing on my Deadpool LE.

#5311 4 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Have you owned it since the release?
How often do you play it?

#5312 4 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Don’t want to jinx it, but same for me. Owned since release.

#5313 4 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

Don’t want to jinx it, but same for me. Owned since release.

Well this is good to hear at least...
Maybe I just got a machine built on Friday/Monday

#5314 4 years ago

Anyway, I still love the game!

And I still haven’t reached two of the three wizard modes!

#5315 4 years ago

Put flipper stops in my Pro.

#5316 4 years ago

i’m curious… What are the rest of you fellow dead pool pinball machine owners experiencing as far as breakdowns?

Not really a breakdown but had crackles on clear around 5 inserts.

#5317 4 years ago

I needed to do a small bracket adjustment on the right orbit when new and other than that I've replaced the flipper coil stops and some rubbers. 1200+ plays in 4 months.

#5318 4 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I needed to do a small bracket adjustment on the right orbit when new and other than that I've replaced the flipper coil stops and some rubbers. 1200+ plays in 4 months.

Oh... and I did change the Snikt target bracket out to the Pinball Life anti-sway version. Works great! The rest has been minor mods and cleaning.

#5319 4 years ago
Quoted from jeep-mustang:

That’s sucks man.
I’d think the issue is your scoop switch. The screws come loose or originally the wires were to tight and the green wire lead would break off of the switch.
See post #608 for pictures.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/13#post-4612182

So this seems to be an issue where the switch isn’t detecting a depression unless it is all the way down. Meaning that the “click” isn’t necessarily going to cause it to register. I made a slight bend in the metal arm and it is working again (for now).

In other news, I cannot get my shooter to kick the ball out of the lane. Based on slow-no videos, it looks like it impacts the ball guide on the left of the lane then rattled around ultimately losing all momentum. I’ve tried to adjust the shooter rod, but there isn’t a lot of play on it. The auto shooter works flawlessly.

Is the orange spring the correct spring for this game?

#5320 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

So this seems to be an issue where the switch isn’t detecting a depression unless it is all the way down. Meaning that the “click” isn’t necessarily going to cause it to register. I made a slight bend in the metal arm and it is working again (for now).
In other news, I cannot get my shooter to kick the ball out of the lane. Based on slow-no videos, it looks like it impacts the ball guide on the left of the lane then rattled around ultimately losing all momentum. I’ve tried to adjust the shooter rod, but there isn’t a lot of play on it. The auto shooter works flawlessly.
Is the orange spring the correct spring for this game?

Is the shooter rod dragging on the auto-launch forks? That can cause what you're describing.

Do you have the plastic shooter lane protector installed by chance?

When the ball's at rest in the shooter lane, is the shooter rod tip centered against the ball?

#5321 4 years ago

In order of questions, no, no and no. Is it possible to move those forks back?

#5322 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

In order of questions, no, no and no. Is it possible to move those forks back?

Can you post a pic of the ball at rest in the shooter lane that shows where the shooter tip is aligned?

#5323 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Can you post a pic of the ball at rest in the shooter lane that shows where the shooter tip is aligned?

Does this work?

On a different topic, something is up with the game. I had another good game going and got to mechsuit multiball, then it reset to a two player game and knocked the score from like 400k down to 30k.

I’ve never seen anything like this. There is no flicker or obvious reboot, announcement or anything. All of the jackpot targets stopped flashing and it was like I just started the game with two balls.

Is there like a button chord to reset it?

E1345249-9239-4DB9-8104-8850869B7ADA (resized).jpegE1345249-9239-4DB9-8104-8850869B7ADA (resized).jpeg
#5324 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Does this work?
On a different topic, something is up with the game. I had another good game going and got to mechsuit multiball, then it reset to a two player game and knocked the score from like 400k down to 30k.
I’ve never seen anything like this. There is no flicker or obvious reboot, announcement or anything. All of the jackpot targets stopped flashing and it was like I just started the game with two balls.
Is there like a button chord to reset it?[quoted image]

Yeah, that's a great picture. It looks like the shooter rod is just slightly off-center to the right. So you already loosened all the screws on the inside of the shooter plate on the cabinet and tried to move it over and re-tighten? Also, is your shooter rod straight (rotating it from the plunger handle, you don't see any left-right movement of the tip)?

The reset sounds it could be one of:
A bug (possible, but unlikely if it's been working until now)
A corrupted SD card
The 48v supply from the power supply dropping slightly low, triggering the watchdog reset circuit.

#5325 4 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Oh... and I did change the Snikt target bracket out to the Pinball Life anti-sway version. Works great! The rest has been minor mods and cleaning.

I bought the pinball life anti-sway and wasn't sure how it works - looks the same that is in the game. I must be missing something....

#5326 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I bought the pinball life anti-sway and wasn't sure how it works - looks the same that is in the game. I must be missing something....

There's a locking tab of L-shaped metal on the side that locks into a slot on the front piece that keeps the whole thing from sagging left or right (I highlighted the two parts that interlock in red). Works GREAT.

locking-bracket (resized).jpglocking-bracket (resized).jpg
#5327 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Does this work?
Is there like a button chord to reset it?[quoted image]

I wonder if you have a flakey start button switch and it’s resetting mid game? Maybe try disabling the reset game with start button feature from the menu adjustments? If it keeps happening then it could be the SD card. Maybe hit up Chas or Patrick or stern support about it if it continues.

#5328 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

So I have had my deadpool premium a year now and am just starting to think about trading it for something else. Its a premium in amazing shape as Im the only owner. Shaker and shooter rod installed.
I was thinking of going after a JP Premium. Would that be an even trade, or would I need to throw some money in?

I’d say on paper it’s an even trade (except yours is a bit older). But because JP2 is relatively new you might need to give someone an incentive to move it. Obviously the longer you wait the more chance you have of an even trade. Took you 12 months to tire of DP - 12 months someone will tire of their JP2.

#5329 4 years ago

Joined the club yesterday (thanks Mike @ @gap) and still figuring out a lot of the rules but had a good game tonight and looking forward to figuring out some good strategies!D834E9F2-3C58-4701-B0FE-3FD002626B7E (resized).jpegD834E9F2-3C58-4701-B0FE-3FD002626B7E (resized).jpeg

07843B82-C1E6-4106-A80C-AB2A83036987 (resized).jpeg07843B82-C1E6-4106-A80C-AB2A83036987 (resized).jpeg
#5330 4 years ago

So far on my DP I’ve had to replace the following because they either broke or were worn;
Broken slingshot rubbers
Worn out post sleeves
Broken VUK switch
***I forgot I had one more issue; the Li’l Deadpool drop targets were not working correctly… I had to get in there and adjust the metal bracket to fix it.
It’s mostly just me playing the machine besides my wife and some company every once in a while.
I’d hate to see what and how much would be breaking on it if it were on location

Left side coil stop replaced
Added washers under katana ramp lane guide
Skinnkt adjustment.

#5331 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, that's a great picture. It looks like the shooter rod is just slightly off-center to the right. So you already loosened all the screws on the inside of the shooter plate on the cabinet and tried to move it over and re-tighten? Also, is your shooter rod straight (rotating it from the plunger handle, you don't see any left-right movement of the tip)?
The reset sounds it could be one of:
A bug (possible, but unlikely if it's been working until now)
A corrupted SD card
The 48v supply from the power supply dropping slightly low, triggering the watchdog reset circuit.

Ok, I just played a 4 player game and got all the way to the end. I hit the start button and started another one player game. I plunged the ball, hit it back into the shooter lane, then it sat there. The lights went dark and the screen said “restarting”. Then it did a full power cycle like reset.

Does that give you any more indication of what I am dealing with?

This is the first NIB I have had these kinds of issues with.

#5332 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Ok, I just played a 4 player game and got all the way to the end. I hit the start button and started another one player game. I plunged the ball, hit it back into the shooter lane, then it sat there. The lights went dark and the screen said “restarting”. Then it did a full power cycle like reset.
Does that give you any more indication of what I am dealing with?
This is the first NIB I have had these kinds of issues with.

Yeah, I'd check the output from the power supply to the power distribution board if you have a multimeter to see if it's sending 48v. Sounds like the power is dropping low, triggering resets.

#5333 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, I'd check the output from the power supply to the power distribution board if you have a multimeter to see if it's sending 48v. Sounds like the power is dropping low, triggering resets.

I found your post here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fixing-stern-reboots-on-spike. Where do you take the reading? Will it be obvious after I open the PSU?

#5334 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I found your post here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fixing-stern-reboots-on-spike. Where do you take the reading? Will it be obvious after I open the PSU?

Look in the picture gallery of that thread. It has a drawing that shows you the connectors for the RSP-500-48. You want to take the reading from any of the three +V connectors. They all should be 48V. It's very obvious once you get that shield cover off the bottom part that reveals the bottom of the power supply with all those connectors.

Be very careful, though, and don't do it if you're not comfortable taking a reading from live connectors. You CAN mess things up or get a shock if you're careless.

#5335 4 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Added washers under katana ramp lane guide

Good advice, forgot I did this as well.

#5336 4 years ago
Quoted from Borntolose:

I was at Logan Arcade, in Chicago, last night and surprise surprise... their VUK switch was also broken! Well, to be fair the VUK was not working so I assume same issue.

Does anyone know if a better switch can be installed instead of the factory POS that Stern provides?

#5337 4 years ago

I was at Logan Arcade, in Chicago, last night and surprise surprise... their VUK switch was also broken! Well, to be fair the VUK was not working so I assume same issue.
Does anyone know if a better switch can be installed instead of the factory POS that Stern provides?

I used some needle nosed pliers and bent the blade of the switch out a little, so it extends further. Works fine for now, 400 games in.

#5338 4 years ago

It's always a good idea to check for wiring that is too tight or poorly routed on a NIB game. A few Stern I've owned had wiring pulled really right in some places under the playfield.

Rob

#5339 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Look in the picture gallery of that thread. It has a drawing that shows you the connectors for the RSP-500-48. You want to take the reading from any of the three +V connectors. They all should be 48V. It's very obvious once you get that shield cover off the bottom part that reveals the bottom of the power supply with all those connectors.
Be very careful, though, and don't do it if you're not comfortable taking a reading from live connectors. You CAN mess things up or get a shock if you're careless.

Ok, I took the reading. It is 48.2 out of the box. I played while metering it and I could see it fluctuate a bit. It went as low as 47.1 and as high as 48.3. Things like both flippers at the same time will cause some minor fluctuations.

I pushed it to 48.3 (which seems within the safe range according to your other post). I am going to play test and see if I can repeat the reboot.

#5340 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Ok, I took the reading. It is 48.2 out of the box. I played while metering it and I could see it fluctuate a bit. It went as low as 47.1 and as high as 48.3. Things like both flippers at the same time will cause some minor fluctuations.
I pushed it to 48.3 (which seems within the safe range according to your other post). I am going to play test and see if I can repeat the reboot.

Specs are usually made to be safe +/- 10% tolerance, but I would not recommend adding anything close to 4.8v. If it dropped as low as 47.1, 48.6 should be enough if that's the issue, which is about 1.25% up. BUT I'm not sure what's normal under load for this power supply, so it may be just having trouble supplying consistent power under load and be a warranty issue on the power supply. Definitely let me know how it goes...

#5341 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

It's always a good idea to check for wiring that is too tight or poorly routed on a NIB game. A few Stern I've owned had wiring pulled really right in some places under the playfield.
Rob

That’s an excellent tip.

I’ll check the rest of my switches.

#5342 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Specs are usually made to be safe +/- 10% tolerance, but I would not recommend adding anything close to 4.8v. If it dropped as low as 47.1, 48.6 should be enough if that's the issue, which is about 1.25% up. BUT I'm not sure what's normal under load for this power supply, so it may be just having trouble supplying consistent power under load and be a warranty issue on the power supply. Definitely let me know how it goes...

Cool, I will keep you posted. Thank you for all of the help on this.

Keeping with my theme of coupling questions and answers in the same post, is there any mod that makes the “gate” on the katana slightly longer? It could just be that the bounce pad is new so it is super springy but my ball tends to fly off pretty frequently.

F2CDEAF2-C762-4875-9E40-2C2B69D7FACF (resized).jpegF2CDEAF2-C762-4875-9E40-2C2B69D7FACF (resized).jpeg
#5343 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Cool, I will keep you posted. Thank you for all of the help on this.
Keeping with my theme of coupling questions and answers in the same post, is there any mod that makes the “gate” on the katana slightly longer? It could just be that the bounce pad is new so it is super springy but my ball tends to fly off pretty frequently.[quoted image]

It's a common problem. There's no extension that I know of. I started a 3D printed thing for that, but I wasn't sure it would hold up to the repeated hits and instead got sidetracked into finishing up the Iron Maiden columns/torches mod and the fan kits for Spooky/300W sterns. I'll try to get back to this soon since I'm almost done with the other ones.

Putting something back before the rubber stop pad that's kind of like the angled pieces on Rick and Morty to slow the ball would likely also work.

#5344 4 years ago

Pulled the play field up and found the wire terminal just came clean off the switch.
cheaper parts... more breakdowns.
Love you Stern...
[quoted image]

I was forewarned before purchase by a friend to stock up on that switch. He has 3 on route so it would make more sense for him to see this as an issue. Says that he's had quite a few fail regularly.

#5345 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

I was forewarned before purchase by a friend to stock up on that switch. He has 3 on route so it would make more sense for him to see this as an issue. Says that he's had quite a few fail regularly.

Good to know!

I guess that’s why Marco is out? According to another post here on this issue.

I’m going to order some extras then, thanks! At least I have one extra for now.

#5346 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I wonder if this would work on my iron maiden pro orb shot. I have tried locktite but the target always ends up tucked away in the left side making it much harder to hit.

I suffered from this on my IMdn Pro as well. I simply placed a washer under the screw under the playfield and have never had a problem since.

#5347 4 years ago

I got my Deadpool LE (nib) two weeks ago. Super happy. But the disco ball wasn't spinning......one look under the hood. ....so the fix was quick.
IMG_3416 (resized).jpegIMG_3416 (resized).jpeg

#5348 4 years ago

I am curious how others have their machines set up. I go with factory setup, even though I know there is a setting in the menu to make it easier or harder. Does anyone make any other adjustments to the game play?

Just wondering.

I think I finally have mine set up good...can make all shots, even though my best is only about 697M. I’ve had it for about two weeks. Haven’t seen Mr. Sinister yet.

#5349 4 years ago
Quoted from Bramvk:

I got my Deadpool LE (nib) two weeks ago. Super happy. But the disco ball wasn't spinning......one look under the hood. ....so the fix was quick.
[quoted image]

Wooo. Free tools.

#5350 4 years ago
Quoted from maroot:

I am curious how others have their machines set up. I go with factory setup, even though I know there is a setting in the menu to make it easier or harder. Does anyone make any other adjustments to the game play?
Just wondering.
I think I finally have mine set up good...can make all shots, even though my best is only about 697M. I’ve had it for about two weeks. Haven’t seen Mr. Sinister yet.

For the most part I have left my game with the factory settings. I did change the outlanes to medium (I think when I got the game they were both on their widest open setting). I also changed the extra ball to always light at 30 weapons (I think with the default that number increases, but I like the consistency of a fixed number). I also added an extra ball at 250 million since I am only an average player and that helps me sometimes advance further in the game (although the farthest I've gotten is to Megakrakolodonus Rex). I've had my game for over a year and still love it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grovetown, GA
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

6,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Papillion, NE
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 16,265 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/107?hl=jeep-mustang and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.