(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,295 posts
  • 1,092 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Magicman
  • Topic is favorited by 557 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 326.
#5251 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Is there a mod for the LE that makes the disco ball spin? Sorry, new to the game so I have some dumb questions. I found mods for the pro, but nothing that looked like it did the LE.

The disco ball spins on the LE, no mod needed.

#5252 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

The disco ball spins on the LE, no mod needed.

Oh fantastic! I must not have hit the mode yet.

#5253 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

It spins in these modes:
Disco Loops
Disco Multiball

#5254 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Keep spamming the left spinner. When you rip it there's a counter on the upper left of the screen that counts down the revolutions. Get that counter to zero and you tee up a disco mode.

#5256 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Is there a mod for the LE that makes the disco ball spin? Sorry, new to the game so I have some dumb questions. I found mods for the pro, but nothing that looked like it did the LE.

The disco ball already does spin on the LE. If your question is if there is an add on for the pro that makes the ball spin like the LE there isn't one that does exactly that. There was one that would spin sometimes but not work with the code the same way. Some had node board issues with it and I'm not sure if it is still available.

Edit: Wrote this a while ago and forgot to submit it, now I realize others have addressed the issue.

#5257 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Keep spamming the left spinner. When you rip it there's a counter on the upper left of the screen that counts down the revolutions. Get that counter to zero and you tee up a disco mode.

I'll tag on to this. If you haven't seen it yet then you aren't playing the game right. Get that dazzler team-up going before starting your modes. The extra time equals more points!

Just razzing you, a little bit

#5258 4 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Yeah - Shaker (great with this game!), Pinball life anti-sway target bracket for the Snikt target, side blades, Pin Monk's light brackets (I actually made my own before I knew these were available), set of flipper coil stops and sleeves and maybe an external sub (I have one, but not a huge noticeable improvement). Other items can be modded to your personal choice.
Here's a tip on adding more base... I changed all of my speakers, but this can be done with the stock speakers as well. Make sure the subwoofer is 4 ohm, but put it at 8 ohm in the system settings. Made a big difference!

Thanks for the tip on the new target bracket. I'll give that version a try as that target takes a beating on the games I've seen so far. Got a shaker motor on order and plan to hook the game up to my external Polk sub. Just debating on mirror blades or art blades at the moment.

#5259 4 years ago

There’s a light on my topper that just points straight out the side. I think it may be intended to light up the spinning thumbs up. Because mine is kinda dark. In this pic it’s only lit up due to the camera flash. Would someone with a topper please look to see if yours looks like my pic? Thanks!

DA360B2D-DB1E-4FE8-B253-9372148E0707 (resized).jpegDA360B2D-DB1E-4FE8-B253-9372148E0707 (resized).jpeg
#5260 4 years ago

Random question that I know many don’t care about, but is there anything in this game that’s clearly inappropriate for kids? Thanks!

#5261 4 years ago
Quoted from Patrunkenphat7:

Random question that I know many don’t care about, but is there anything in this game that’s clearly inappropriate for kids? Thanks!

Nope, it’s clean. Our kids are 5 and 7. Pretty sure there wasn’t an adult language mode we turned off I think its just family friendly

#5262 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I'll tag on to this. If you haven't seen it yet then you aren't playing the game right. Get that dazzler team-up going before starting your modes. The extra time equals more points!
Just razzing you, a little bit

I don't enter Juggernaut without Dazzler on my team. Makes the battle last about 15 seconds with her and a boom.

#5263 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't enter Juggernaut without Dazzler on my team. Makes the battle last about 15 seconds with her and a boom.

I’ll have to give that a shot. I usually go with Sabertooth + Dazzler unless I have disco loops, then it’s Mystique. I’ll do Juggernaut with wolverine and/or lil Deadpool mb or ninja mb.

#5264 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I’ll have to give that a shot. I usually go with Sabertooth + Dazzler unless I have disco loops, then it’s Mystique. I’ll do Juggernaut with wolverine and/or lil Deadpool mb or ninja mb.

Dazzler is a total waste on Sabretooth. You can take the big pussy out without even trying by starting Li'l Deadpool multiball and letting the balls keep draining while ball save is active, which serves them up to the pops over and over. The pops kill sabertooth in seconds.

#5265 4 years ago

Dunno if i could do that. It would feel like cheating to me.

#5266 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Dazzler is a total waste on Sabretooth. You can take the big pussy out without even trying by starting Li'l Deadpool multiball and letting the balls keep draining while ball save is active, which serves them up to the pops over and over. The pops kill sabertooth in seconds.

This works but, Sabretooth is already the easiest of the 3 villian modes and then nothing will be stacked with Lil DP multiball because you would have already finished Sabertooth. In my option the ball save on Lil'l DP is better used on Juggernaught who is harder to kill and requires hits to the risky drops.

#5267 4 years ago

I am still trying to figure out the best way to approach the villains. I think I have actually gotten worse now that I focus on the team-ups before fighting a villain. After reading some of the comments I think it is maybe because I try to get all 4 before going into a battle than just focusing on which one works best.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Doesn't Dazzler add more time? This would just give you more time to finish Juggernaut correct?

Quoted from punkin:

Dunno if i could do that. It would feel like cheating to me.

That does seem like cheating but good to know.

#5268 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I am still trying to figure out the best way to approach the villains. I think I have actually gotten worse now that I focus on the team-ups before fighting a villain. After reading some of the comments I think it is maybe because I try to get all 4 before going into a battle than just focusing on which one works best.

Doesn't Dazzler add more time? This would just give you more time to finish Juggernaut correct?

That does seem like cheating but good to know.

It really boils down to what you're trying to do....max points or max progress.

For progress, the only team-up I focus on is Wolverine. I don't play Mystique without it unless I happen to hit the scoop accidentally when nothing else is available. She's a push-over with him helping (easier than Sabretooth even, at both levels). I try to do the same with Juggernaut1 and bring in Li'l DP as well. Again, he'll go quick with both of those. I try to save Ninja for Jugg2. Sabretooth is too easy to use a MB on, IMO.

If you're trying to max points, Colossus and Domino will add a lot, but they add more shots and more risk. Having them with a playfield multiplier in any single battle can easily get you more points than all battles combined without them.

#5269 4 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

This works but, Sabretooth is already the easiest of the 3 villian modes and then nothing will be stacked with Lil DP multiball because you would have already finished Sabertooth. In my option the ball save on Lil'l DP is better used on Juggernaught who is harder to kill and requires hits to the risky drops.

Not with Dazzler and boom it doesn't. Juggernaut goes down easily with her teamup and a boom, then spam the left spinner.

#5270 4 years ago

Yeah, keep in mind team up shots do damage to the villain also. That's also why I like getting dazzler before a mode. That left orbit now does damage too, plus the added time helps.

#5271 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

. I think I have actually gotten worse now that I focus on the team-ups before fighting a villain.

This is typical me on Every game I play the minute I grasp some rules and develop a strategy.

#5272 4 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

This is typical me on Every game I play the minute I grasp some rules and develop a strategy.

Happens to me on MET. The smarter I try to play, the worse I do.

#5273 4 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

There’s a light on my topper that just points straight out the side. I think it may be intended to light up the spinning thumbs up. Because mine is kinda dark. In this pic it’s only lit up due to the camera flash. Would someone with a topper please look to see if yours looks like my pic? Thanks![quoted image]

Mine is the same. I've slightly bent the bracket holding the light so that it kind of hits DP's thumb. Most of the light still shines on my wall, though.

#5274 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It actually shows BILLIONS on the instant info (I've seen this when the spinner mode qualifies because you reached zero). I believe this happens because they are using an unsigned double word integer to store the number and there's a bug in the code that allows the count to go below zero. Since it's not a signed integer, it can't express a negative number and instead wraps around to the maximum value that can be stored (in this case 4,294,967,296) and then keeps counting down from there. Note that in the picture I took, it was 5 spins below maximum, so essentially, it counted off 5 more spins after it hit zero and wrapped around to the max number. It just needs to make this signed and add a trap for <zero case.
And honestly, while they're fixing it, using a double word to store this number is wasteful. A single unsigned byte takes up 75% less space (one byte instead of four) and would work fine since there's unlikely to be more than 255 spins needed to count down at any given time.
I reported it. Should be an easy fix.

Don't want to seem too pedantic, but it won't really save anything using a single byte to store the values as the ARM Cortex-A9 is a 32bit processor so for speed memory access will be aligned on 4 byte boundaries anyway and all the registers are 32bit.

Clearly a bug allowing it go below zero and not detecting the overrun though and might as well make it signed to help detection.

#5275 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Not with Dazzler and boom it doesn't. Juggernaut goes down easily with her teamup and a boom, then spam the left spinner.

Thats one thing I like about this game there is more than one good strategy.

#5276 4 years ago

I'm addicted to it almost for the same reasons why I love my Tron (which is why I finally pulled the trigger to get one).
- The wizard mode always feels achievable but I rarely get there. Every time I push the start button I just feel like I realistically stand a chance but have only reached Mr. Sinister twice in probably 200ish games.
- It has some major risk vs reward strategies. Do you stack 0,1,2,3 or all 4 of the team ups into a mode. If you accidentally shoot the scoop without the team ups you want do you abort knowing you have to take the risky shots of the left drops to light your modes again or do you just bite the bullet and take it. Another example, while in something like Mechsuit Multiball, how much time do you spend trying to build PF X vs just shooting the Jackpots.
- It has what feels like 4 wizard modes to help you feel like you are progressing through the game (Mechsuit Multiball, Sauron, Megakrakolodonus Rex and Mr. Sinister) while also having a ton of side modes that you can do.
- and the best part. It can KICK MY A$$ one game and then I can kick it's A$$ the next game. I hate games that when I play I know it's a 10 min game no matter what, just like I hate games that I know I'll be done in 2 mins (unless it's an EM or early SS). I like not knowing if I'm going to get beat up or do some butt whooping myself. Keeps things interesting and also keeps me on my toes.

Just a beautifully coded and simple to understand game that also has some fun shots that just feel good to hit.

#5277 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Just a beautifully coded and simple to understand game that also has some fun shots that just feel good to hit.

I agree with all of that - definitely one of my favorite games.

#5278 4 years ago
Quoted from cyberkryten:

Don't want to seem too pedantic, but it won't really save anything using a single byte to store the values as the ARM Cortex-A9 is a 32bit processor so for speed memory access will be aligned on 4 byte boundaries anyway and all the registers are 32bit.
Clearly a bug allowing it go below zero and not detecting the overrun though and might as well make it signed to help detection.

Too pedantic? No such thing! I didn't even give a thought to the processor or memory alignment as a consideration for wasting storage space to achieve better access speed, but that makes sense.

#5279 4 years ago

*copies and pastes ‘pedantic’ into google...

#5280 4 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

*copies and pastes ‘pedantic’ into google...

Hint: It has nothing to do with Trudeau...

#5281 4 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Lol
Me too...
I put up 1.3 b when I first got mine, and as I have learned the rules my scores have dropped!

#5282 4 years ago

Deadpool LE randomly starts with 2 balls. Anyone else had the problem of 2 balls kicked out for play when the game is started or a new ball is going back into play? Instead of one kicked into the the shooter lane. 2 are ejected. Doesn't happen all the time, but seems to be starting happen more frequently. Any ideas?

#5283 4 years ago
Quoted from GymRatt:

Deadpool LE randomly starts with 2 balls. Anyone else had the problem of 2 balls kicked out for play when the game is started or a new ball is going back into play? Instead of one kicked into the the shooter lane. 2 are ejected. Doesn't happen all the time, but seems to be starting happen more frequently. Any ideas?

Ball trough opto. Take the opto connector on the side with two prongs off, widen the prongs a bit to give it better grip, put the connector back on.

If that doesn't work, do the same with the 3 prong connector on the opposite side.

If that doesn't work, go into switch test mode and make sure if you roll a ball (NOT TEST WITH YOUR FINGER) onto the shooter lane switch, it activates.

It's probably the first one, though. Very common on Sterns. They really should redesign those connectors to XHP-2 type for better long-term hold.

#5284 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ball trough opto. Take the opto connector on the side with two prongs off, widen the prongs a bit to give it better grip, put the connector back on.
If that doesn't work, do the same with the 3 prong connector on the opposite side.
If that doesn't work, go into switch test mode and make sure if you roll a ball (NOT TEST WITH YOUR FINGER) onto the shooter lane switch, it activates.
It's probably the first one, though. Very common on Sterns. They really should redesign those connectors to XHP-2 type for better long-term hold.

Thank you for the tip. I check those areas and that smaller plug was coming loose. This is the first game play issue that has come up with the machine since buying it new in the box a little over a year ago. Only other thing I have had to do is tighten a few screws and nuts that have come loose and clean the play field a few times. Been pretty trouble free for the last year considering its played almost everyday.

#5285 4 years ago
Quoted from GymRatt:

Thank you for the tip. I check those areas and that smaller plug was coming loose. This is the first game play issue that has come up with the machine since buying it new in the box a little over a year ago. Only other thing I have had to do is tighten a few screws and nuts that have come loose and clean the play field a few times. Been pretty trouble free for the last year considering its played almost everyday.

It's been a common point of failure for a LONG time. Stern should have redesigned it with a better connector a long time ago. Fortunately, it's an easy fix once you know where to look. Glad you're back in business.

#5286 4 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

There’s a light on my topper that just points straight out the side. I think it may be intended to light up the spinning thumbs up. Because mine is kinda dark. In this pic it’s only lit up due to the camera flash. Would someone with a topper please look to see if yours looks like my pic? Thanks![quoted image]

Your LED mounting tab is definitely not positioned right. Mine bent back and turned a bit towards the rotating thumb. Shines directly onto the thumb. Should be easy to fix yours. Just bend it back and slightly twist it to point more toward the thumb. The photos of mine is exactly how it was out of the box.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngrsz_img_0869 (resized).jpgrsz_img_0869 (resized).jpg
#5287 4 years ago

After two weeks, I installed ninja balls on the recommendations of this group, and when I had the glass out, decided to check the pitch.

I found that it had changed from 7 degrees to 6.4. The machine is on carpet, so I figured it must have settled in. I use a quality digital level, not a phone app. I thought the game play had changed a bit, so changed it to 7.1 degrees and had one of my better games. If it settles in, it probably won't be by much.

I do occasionally get some wild air balls off the slings. Have not made any changes to those settings. Should I?

Thanks!

#5288 4 years ago
Quoted from maroot:

After two weeks, I installed ninja balls on the recommendations of this group, and when I had the glass out, decided to check the pitch.
I found that it had changed from 7 degrees to 6.4. The machine is on carpet, so I figured it must have settled in. I use a quality digital level, not a phone app. I thought the game play had changed a bit, so changed it to 7.1 degrees and had one of my better games. If it settles in, it probably won't be by much.
I do occasionally get some wild air balls off the slings. Have not made any changes to those settings. Should I?
Thanks!

I turned my slings down. I didn't like the air balls and really didn't see the point of having them set so high. Still get plenty of action/drains from the slings which is good and no more crazy air balls! Kickout seems set way too high by default. No idea why that's the default.

#5289 4 years ago

My customer has this in his employees break room on free play. They play it constantly!
So much so that the original rubbers wore out and the playfield was filthy and had a broken flipper link.
Went over and spent an afternoon shopping it out with Titans and cleaning the playfield and flipper rebuilds.
Looking and playing like new again!
20200122_195524 (resized).jpg20200122_195524 (resized).jpg

#5290 4 years ago

I figured I would work on trying to dial my game in today. I have been working on the pitch - going to bring it up to 7.0. I have to say I struggle a little getting it dialed in on pitch and side to side. I am too old to get up and down like that and seems to not move much each time.

Also one of my biggest issues with my game is the red rubber post on the right orbit right above the "P" on the pool targets that the metal guide for the orbit is somewhat behind the post. So when a ball rolls down the orbit it hits that post and goes SDTM. I took it apart but there does not seem much leeway to move the guide. How does this look on others games. I scrolled through the pics but nothing jumped put at me to be able to get a clear view.

#5291 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

I turned my slings down. I didn't like the air balls and really didn't see the point of having them set so high. Still get plenty of action/drains from the slings which is good and no more crazy air balls! Kickout seems set way too high by default. No idea why that's the default.

What value did you bring your slings down to?

#5292 4 years ago
Quoted from maroot:

What value did you bring your slings down to?

I’ve got my slingshot power set at 18. Trough eject at 185. Ball launch set higher to 225. All of these were changed to fix individual issues.

#5293 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I figured I would work on trying to dial my game in today. I have been working on the pitch - going to bring it up to 7.0. I have to say I struggle a little getting it dialed in on pitch and side to side. I am too old to get up and down like that and seems to not move much each time.
Also one of my biggest issues with my game is the red rubber post on the right orbit right above the "P" on the pool targets that the metal guide for the orbit is somewhat behind the post. So when a ball rolls down the orbit it hits that post and goes SDTM. I took it apart but there does not seem much leeway to move the guide. How does this look on others games. I scrolled through the pics but nothing jumped put at me to be able to get a clear view.

Mine has a dirty mark where the ball hits, but i don't get drains from there.

#5294 4 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

My customer has this in his employees break room on free play. They play it constantly!
So much so that the original rubbers wore out and the playfield was filthy and had a broken flipper link.
Went over and spent an afternoon shopping it out with Titans and cleaning the playfield and flipper rebuilds.
Looking and playing like new again!
[quoted image]

Awesome work man.

#5295 4 years ago

Yes I agree trough eject should definitely be changed, mine is at 140. Ball pops up to the shooter lane nice and soft.

#5296 4 years ago

So I have had my deadpool premium a year now and am just starting to think about trading it for something else. Its a premium in amazing shape as Im the only owner. Shaker and shooter rod installed.

I was thinking of going after a JP Premium. Would that be an even trade, or would I need to throw some money in?

#5297 4 years ago

Literally just bought both of them. Both are the same price and both are considered great games. I'd say even trade is doable if you find the right person.

#5298 4 years ago

After a few years of not selling the Micro Display Mods (other than the TV versions), these are back in my Pinside Shop and on Mezelmods. I made a few changes from the original version.

20200122_083209 (resized).jpg20200122_083209 (resized).jpgMark Malmberg 2019 New Size Artwork (resized).jpgMark Malmberg 2019 New Size Artwork (resized).jpg
#5299 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Literally just bought both of them. Both are the same price and both are considered great games. I'd say even trade is doable if you find the right person.

yea will be tough to find the right person. Im in no rush. I still like deadpool but have been playing way more SW Comic premium of late. I really want a new Pin and right now dont have the space for another!

#5300 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

So I have had my deadpool premium a year now and am just starting to think about trading it for something else. Its a premium in amazing shape as Im the only owner. Shaker and shooter rod installed.
I was thinking of going after a JP Premium. Would that be an even trade, or would I need to throw some money in?

I would think that’s an even trade if both are in similar condition and number of plays. Both were priced the same when new. Your DP May be a few months older, so at most you may have to add a couple hundred.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bay Area, CA
$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/106?hl=mbrave77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.