(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,296 posts
  • 1,093 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by truemagoo102
  • Topic is favorited by 557 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,296 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 326.
#5101 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

Pretty interesting some have it go to the right flipper and others to the left! There has to be something to this. Maybe the metal part where the ball is trapped for Lil Deadpool can be adjusted to change this?

Where the ball ends up has more to do with the height at which the drop targets rests than playfield pitch.
6,6 or 7,0 is not going to change it much but an ever so slightly adjustment of the resting height of the drop targets will. Side to side pitch is also more important than front to back pitch when it comes to where the ball will end up after being released.

#5102 4 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

I wanted to share this collaboration between Cleland and myself. Many thanks to Cleland for doing such an amazing job editing my song selections so they sound as seamless as possible in game. Without him this project wouldn’t have come to fruition. You rock!! This is strictly a music mod as changing out all the in game speech with Ryan Reynolds is impossible and to have a handful of his quotes mixed in just doesn't sound consistent and therefore is not something that will be implemented. I know technologies like DeepFakes are allowing you to emulate someone’s voice so maybe one day we can convert the existing speech sounds to sound like Ryan.
Below is a link to a direct .IMG file that needs to be flashed to a new SD card. Essentially, you are writing the .IMG file to the SD card and then swapping it out in your game.
The main benefit is you can keep your original SD card with the stock code and just swap out a new 8gb+ card with this custom firmware flashed and retain the stock card as backup in the event something gets corrupt. 8gb-32gb sizes work fine.
Below is a link to a direct .IMG file that needs to be flashed to a new SD card. Essentially, you are writing the .IMG file to the SD card and then swapping it out in your game.
The main benefit is you can keep your original SD card with the stock code and just swap out a new 8gb+ card with this custom firmware flashed and retain the stock card as backup in the event something gets corrupt. 8gb-32gb sizes work fine.
If you have a Mac you can use a free program called DD utility. If you have a PC, you can use Etcher. https://www.balena.io/etcher/
The code is based off v1.02 and currently is for LE/Prem's. If there's enough request either myself or Cleland can do a Pro version.
Please use Rarlabs utility to extract after downloading. https://www.rarlab.com/
Whats changed:
Shooter Grove music: 2 of the 4 songs have been replaced with:
Howlin for you - Black Key's (Instrumental)
Florida - GDFR (Instrumental)
HellHouse music: 4 of 5 sounds have been replaced with:
Diplo - welcome to the Party
Dj Shadow - Nobody speak
Salt-N-Pepa - Shoop
DMX - X Gon Give it to ya
Disco ball mode music replaced with:
Rupert Holmes - Escape (The Piña Colada Song)
Merc Suit Multiball mode music replaced with:
SKRILLEX - Bangarang
Game over music: 1 of 5 sounds replaced with the following:
Teamheadkick - Deadpool Rap
Head over to this thread for the latest update:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-music-replacement-mod-
I hope you all enjoy!
Regards,
Bent98 and Cleland.

Just reiterating please make this happen for us pro owners!

#5103 4 years ago

Decreasing the power should get the ball to hit lower on the flipper. Worked for me anyway.

Quoted from Only68s:

Does anybody else get an outlane drain 90% of the time when you eject from the battle scoop?

#5104 4 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

The Premium seems to be preferred, but I'm very happy with my Pro and would recommend it as probably a better bang for the buck.

I'd agree w/that but if you can swing it, Prem/LE plays better because of it. There are modes that divert the Dazzler shot into the pops anyway, so technically not missing that much.

Still, the left orbit is GOT Premium/LE on DP Pro.

#5105 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Decreasing the power should get the ball to hit lower on the flipper. Worked for me anyway.

Quoted from bowtech:

Just reiterating please make this happen for us pro owners!

I posted in my other thread that I was having issues downloading the Pro firmware form Sterns website and asked if someone could provide me a link via dropbox. I am heading out to CA for work and wont be back until the end of next week. I asked Cleland to see if he could do the Pro firmware port for me.

Stay tuned,.

#5106 4 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

For most pins, the pro is the way to go and the premium/LE doesn’t add much value..

I could not disagree with you more.
For 99.9% of the Sterns out there the premium is the way to go for home use. This is how the game designer intended the game to be. With all of the bells and whistles, all of the shots, all of the lighting, all of the toys, all of the features.
The pros are stripped down versions of the real game, intended to cost less and require less maintenance for an operator. They are "pinball lite".

Premium all the way!

#5107 4 years ago

Looks like you could dead bounce that to the left flipper as an alternative. That's what i do with the left saucer shot on Lost World so i have a safe shot at the captive ball if lit.

#5108 4 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

I posted in my other thread that I was having issues downloading the Pro firmware form Sterns website and asked if someone could provide me a link via dropbox. I am heading out to CA for work and wont be back until the end of next week. I asked Cleland to see if he could do the Pro firmware port for me.
Stay tuned,.

Cleland posted the pro version in my thread and I have added the link to the first page.

Enjoy!

#5109 4 years ago

I usually hold the right flipper up when it ejects from the scoop. A light nudge to the left right when it's about to hit usually traps the ball right away with no dicey bounces.

#5110 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Scoop eject power is in the settings. Increase it or decrease it til you get the trajectory you want for your playfield slope. Used to happen to me and i changed it and now can drop catch most times on right flipper.

I don't even have to do a drop catch. Mine hits to where if you just hold the right flipper up, it hits the flipper then the sling post and rests on the flipper and you are cradling it. Only changes when the playfield is freshly waxed, then who knows what it's going to do.

#5111 4 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

For 99.9% of the Sterns out there the premium is the way to go for home use. This is how the game designer intended the game to be. With all of the bells and whistles, all of the shots, all of the lighting, all of the toys, all of the features.
The pros are stripped down versions of the real game, intended to cost less and require less maintenance for an operator. They are "pinball lite".
Premium all the way!

Mmmmm id have to disagree to your disagree
Just because a designer designs a game with all the bells and whistles, doesn’t mean it’s the better version.

I think it does boil down to personal preference. Typically, pro modes offer faster pace and better flow while premiums offer more gimmicks at the cost of extra klunk or loss of flow. In the case of DP, it’s the opposite, the prem offers more flow while the pro halts it.

#5112 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

Only changes when the playfield is freshly waxed, then who knows what it's going to do.

No kidding. A freshly waxed DP is crazier than any of my other machines afterwards. Something about the layout puts wicked spin on the ball after a fresh waxing.

#5113 4 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Premium all the way!

That’s cool. I was trying to give an unbiased response that typically pros offer the most bang for your buck and that the value isn’t always there as you spend a lot more for the premium/LE.
This is also coming from me, who is turning into an LE snob

#5114 4 years ago

ive owned both a premium and pro Deadpool. Premium isn’t worth it, not even close.

It was worth it to ME, but I’d recommend a pro all day.

Quoted from CyberNinja24:

That’s cool. I was trying to give an unbiased response that typically pros offer the most bang for your buck and that the value isn’t always there as you spend a lot more for the premium/LE.
This is also coming from me, who is turning into an LE snob

#5115 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

ive owned both a premium and pro Deadpool. Premium isn’t worth it, not even close.

I appreciate the feedback as I LOVE my Pro, but haven't played a Premium... the 30% price increase for the Premium was why I went with the Pro.

#5116 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Totally agree, clocked lots of time on both. Yes the left loop is nice, but not for $1700. I know there is a few other extras in the premium package, but still can not justify it.

Best thing I can say is try and play both and make your own decision.

#5117 4 years ago

Just got my Premium and the code is at .99.

Looks like the code for Premium and LE is the same?

Just want to verify.

Thanks!

#5118 4 years ago
Quoted from maroot:

Just got my Premium and the code is at .99.
Looks like the code for Premium and LE is the same?
Just want to verify.
Thanks!

Yes. Same.

#5119 4 years ago

Thanks! Didn’t want to bork it up!

#5120 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No, but I usually hold up the right flipper as it ejects.

Same, I usually hold the flipper up or do a drop catch after it ejects. If it ejects with allot of force or the ball has allot of speed coming down from there I could see what he is showing in the pic happening. I would also say that if he's changed the flip rubbers out to something else it could also be that, but they look to be factory.

#5121 4 years ago

Mail call !!!

20200109_121329 (resized).jpg20200109_121329 (resized).jpg
#5122 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Okay, so I asked George Gomez and he confirmed that if the target is overlapping the lane guide, that's not right. It likely means the target has slid over on its mounting (as they do) and you need to just pull it back on the target bracket towards the flippers to straighten up the target (no need to lift the playfield or unscrew the bracket).
So, this is WRONG:
[quoted image]
And these are RIGHT, after I pushed the target back towards the right so it straightened up on the bracket. Commenting on these pictures, he said, "That is correct. The target guards the edge of the ball guide and there should be a gap between the back of the target and the ball guide.":
[quoted image][quoted image]
Given the side hits, I'm sure keeping this target straight will be an ongoing job.

I just got my premium yesterday and I checked it before doing anything and it looks just like your first picture...right from the factory. Not sure where to find the ‘born on’ date, but it had .99 code. I tried sliding the target down toward the flippers and it wouldn’t move. I think I have gotten snikt once in about 15 games.

Not sure how to resolve without screwing it up.

Found manufacturer date: March 2019

#5123 4 years ago
Quoted from maroot:

I just got my premium yesterday and I checked it before doing anything and it looks just like your first picture...right from the factory. Not sure where to find the ‘born on’ date, but it had .99 code. I tried sliding the target down toward the flippers and it wouldn’t move. I think I have gotten snikt once in about 15 games.

It’s meant to be a tough shot. Usually hit it “accidentally when trying to hit the Wolverine spinner.

#5124 4 years ago
Quoted from maroot:

Just pick up one of these new-style anti-lean brackets. I've got some on the way to take care of this once and for all.

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=BK3

#5125 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

It’s meant to be a tough shot. Usually hit it “accidentally when trying to hit the Wolverine spinner.

Yeah, I get that, but it’s almost a fluke to hit. Not much skill involved.

#5126 4 years ago
Quoted from maroot:

You can get better at hitting it with practice for sure.

#5127 4 years ago
Quoted from maroot:

Best I narrowed it down to was being a little "late" on the spinner shot from the left flipper. Ball had momentum. Not trapped. Still, I could not do it consistently. If it was meant to be an "aim and shoot" shot, working up to 5x playfield would be criminal. I think it's a brilliant design, really.

#5128 4 years ago

I've had 5x going a few times. Big points.

#5129 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Just pick up one of these new-style anti-lean brackets. I've got some on the way to take care of this once and for all.
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=BK3

Yes, I've put around 100 games on mine since I installed this bracket and it is working well!

#5130 4 years ago

I believe I am hitting the target, but not going up the mini ramp, so not getting the playfield bonus.

#5131 4 years ago
Quoted from maroot:

I believe I am hitting the target, but not going up the mini ramp, so not getting the playfield bonus.

If you hit the target you'll hear a slicing sound. Try it with the glass off so you recognize the sound (and make sure the target is registering). You need to make a pretty hard shot to get enough deflection to make it up the ramp. Left flipper has the most success for me. I HAVE done it from the right, but it's WAY harder to get a successful shot.

#5132 4 years ago
Quoted from maroot:

Found manufacturer date: March 2019

check your coil stops to see if the left one broke off. I had that happen to me. flipper still worked, but i couldn't hit the bank shot or make it all the way around up the katana ramp. darn coil stop was stuck to the plunger.

#5133 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you hit the target you'll hear a slicing sound. Try it with the glass off so you recognize the sound (and make sure the target is registering). You need to make a pretty hard shot to get enough deflection to make it up the ramp. Left flipper has the most success for me. I HAVE done it from the right, but it's WAY harder to get a successful shot.

Yes, getting the slicing sound for sure. Have plenty of power from the flipper.

#5134 4 years ago
Quoted from maroot:

Yeah, definitely check the coil stop for the left flipper. Stern has had a real problem with crap cost-cut coil stops. Some are broken out of the box. If the stop is broken, it will rob power and/or cause the flipper to stick a little or a lot.

#5135 4 years ago
Quoted from maroot:

Its hard to explain but I’ll do my best.

It’s not the kind of shot where you just hit the target and it should automatically go up the ramp. You need to hit the right spot with the right amount of velocity. There’s a very narrow margin of success. Once you get dialed in, you can make it a bunch. But then two or 3 games later as dust/wear/dirt/play/fatigue/etc become a factor, you’ll have to get yourself redialed in again.

Hit it too hard in the wrong spot and you’ll get a hop off the ramp. Too soft and it’ll rattle and reject. Too high on the target and it’ll hit wolv spinner. Too low and it’ll hit the ramp post and put the ball in danger of sdtm. Find the sweet spot and oh yea it feels good. But the sweet spot is a moving target from game to game which increases its difficulty.

#5136 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Its hard to explain but I’ll do my best.
It’s not the kind of shot where you just hit the target and it should automatically go up the ramp. You need to hit the right spot with the right amount of velocity. There’s a very narrow margin of success. Once you get dialed in, you can make it a bunch. But then two or 3 games later as dust/wear/dirt/play/fatigue/etc become a factor, you’ll have to get yourself redialed in again.
Hit it too hard in the wrong spot and you’ll get a hop off the ramp. Too soft and it’ll rattle and reject. Too high on the target and it’ll hit wolv spinner. Too low and it’ll hit the ramp post and put the ball in danger of sdtm. Find the sweet spot and oh yea it feels good. But the sweet spot is a moving target from game to game which increases its difficulty.

When in a multiball I will generally try any ball at the left flipper to go for the Snikt shot. Sometimes a cradled shot will go, but usually coming down the inlane with a perfectly timed shot will make it. Ever so slightly delayed flipper button push from a shot at Wolverine spinner. I've had 5x once and 4x a few times.

I do get some that fly off the ramp from time to time and have also had some slow rollers that made the shot, but didn't register as it took too long to make it around the corner at the top of the ramp...

Super fun and satisfying shot since it is so difficult with a high reward! Can be frustrating when I hit it and then almost immediately drain... UGH!!!

#5137 4 years ago

mine is out of place(had it about a year) but the snkkt shot still works. Not every time of course but it still works. Usually get 1-2 per game. Once in a very long while I will get a 4 multiplier and of course drain the ball in my excitement.

#5138 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, definitely check the coil stop for the left flipper. Stern has had a real problem with crap cost-cut coil stops. Some are broken out of the box. If the stop is broken, it will rob power and/or cause the flipper to stick a little or a lot.

I will check. I have read about the crappy coil stops. I will probably order a couple and just be proactive and replace them.

#5139 4 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

When in a multiball I will generally try any ball at the left flipper to go for the Snikt shot. Sometimes a cradled shot will go, but usually coming down the inlane with a perfectly timed shot will make it. Ever so slightly delayed flipper button push from a shot at Wolverine spinner. I've had 5x once and 4x a few times.
I do get some that fly off the ramp from time to time and have also had some slow rollers that made the shot, but didn't register as it took too long to make it around the corner at the top of the ramp...
Super fun and satisfying shot since it is so difficult with a high reward! Can be frustrating when I hit it and then almost immediately drain... UGH!!!

I have the best success with a shot that has rolled up the left flipper and back down. Something about the speed seems much more accurate for me.

#5140 4 years ago

Joined the club yesterday. Traded my MMr for this DPP. Mint condition, just over 100 plays. Nice mods. I thought this would be #4 of 4 in my small collection, but now I think it's #1.

IMG_0709 (resized).jpegIMG_0709 (resized).jpegIMG_0708 (resized).jpegIMG_0708 (resized).jpeg
#5141 4 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Joined the club yesterday. Traded my MMr for this DPP. Mint condition, just over 100 plays. Nice mods. I thought this would be #4 of 4 in my small collection, but now I think it's #1.[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats! Yeah, easy #1 in that lineup.

#5142 4 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Joined the club yesterday. Traded my MMr for this DPP. Mint condition, just over 100 plays. Nice mods. I thought this would be #4 of 4 in my small collection, but now I think it's #1.[quoted image][quoted image]

Great line-up. I am a huge fan of at least three of your games. For me, it would go:

1. Monster Bash;
1A. Deadpool Premium;
2. Shadow;
4. Guardians of the Galaxy.

I have not played much GOTG nor seen the movies, so I may be wrong on that one.

Cheers!

#5143 4 years ago

Congrats. I would have kept the MMR and traded the GOTG.

#5144 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you hit the target you'll hear a slicing sound. Try it with the glass off so you recognize the sound (and make sure the target is registering).

This is one of my only complaints about the game, the Snikt sound just isn't loud enough and is drowned out by the music especially at high volume.

#5145 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

This is one of my only complaints about the game, the Snikt sound just isn't loud enough and is drowned out by the music especially at high volume.

I have flipper fidelity speakers + sub, and often play with headphones on. Love the sound effect! It probably could be a little more pronounced, but I have no real problem hearing or enjoying it with either of those setups. I don’t have FF speakers in any of my other games (I use external subs), but highly recommend it for DP. Such a great sound package.

#5146 4 years ago

Sometimes snickt comes off the outside bumper too. Always a happy stroke of luck.

#5147 4 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Sometimes snickt comes off the outside bumper too. Always a happy stroke of luck.

Yea, I love that when it happens. Unfortunately, it’s coded to not reward a pf multiplier if it hits off the pops.

Another one is with the right flipper, hitting the outside part of the blue foam rubber on the left ramp, ricochet it to the Snikt and up the ramp. Now 9 times out of 10 that is luck, but there are times I’ve intentionally gone for that and made it. Love That!

Edit: adding a pic with my attempt of iPhone 8 Markup lol

8FB39D84-EBBC-4B9E-9E41-0EC9F51956A4 (resized).jpeg8FB39D84-EBBC-4B9E-9E41-0EC9F51956A4 (resized).jpeg
#5148 4 years ago

Q: has anyone been able to get the super skill shot? The hold left flipper launch and shoot straight to the snikit? I have been able to hit the snikit from the left orbit, just never off a plung.

#5149 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yea, I love that when it happens. Unfortunately, it’s coded to not reward a pf multiplier if it hits off the pops.
Another one is with the right flipper, hitting the outside part of the blue foam rubber on the left ramp, ricochet it to the Snikt and up the ramp. Now 9 times out of 10 that is luck, but there are times I’ve intentionally gone for that and made it. Love That!
Edit: adding a pic with my attempt of iPhone 8 Markup lol[quoted image]

Yes!!! Lol that shot in the pic feels awesome when it works. I have also pulled this one off a few times where you see the white line that I drew. It either hits off of the pop bumper and up the ramp, or banks off of the snikt target and up the ramp. Most times the ball only makes it to the peak of the ramp and then falls back down due to momentum loss.

2b908aa5b32c9af11ea7ae652dd3e7d03b473fa0 (resized).jpeg2b908aa5b32c9af11ea7ae652dd3e7d03b473fa0 (resized).jpeg
#5150 4 years ago
Quoted from mjs2:

Q: has anyone been able to get the super skill shot? The hold left flipper launch and shoot straight to the snikit? I have been able to hit the snikit from the left orbit, just never off a plung.

Yes. 15 million. Super hard, though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rochester, NH
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,296 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/103?hl=estrader and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.