New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7,390 posts
  • 567 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by awesome1
  • Topic is favorited by 279 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,575 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

3D8D77A5-B64D-4F8D-A36D-7E7240C930E9 (resized).jpeg
dp14 (resized).jpg
dp13 (resized).jpg
dp4 (resized).jpg
dp14 (resized).jpg
7B50772A-0168-4A32-9633-8125826107D2 (resized).jpeg
IMG-0540 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
DP-pic (resized).jpg
DP-pic 4 (resized).jpg
DP-pic 3 (resized).jpg
DP-pic 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_9355 (resized).JPG
DP 399 Million Bonus 2020-10-18 (resized).jpg
IMG_9357 (resized).JPG
dp3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7390 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 148.
#5051 9 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

There's some crackers in there. i get the tilt warnings pretty regular because of the way i play it.

Same, I like to nudge.... allot.

#5052 9 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

There's some crackers in there. i get the tilt warnings pretty regular because of the way i play it.

I agree, the tilt warnings are the funniest of all the callouts. I also like to nudge quite a bit.

#5053 9 months ago
Quoted from drizzt76:

I was listening to a podcast with Scott D. describing the logic of the mature callouts on Rick and Morty....I got wondering on the Mature callouts on DP. What are they?...I mean I don't really hear anything that someone would turn the setting off Mature. I think this one of my few gripes about how Stern did the DP theme. I mean they could have really hit it out of the park on the mature call outs (that you could turn off in settings). The funny thing is that I would probably turn off the mature setting in DP as it sits in my basement but if some guys come over....I'd change it to have a good laugh (and forget to set it back when the kids play it). My point is there should be some callouts that should make a sailor blush in a Deadpool theme.

Agreed. Most of it is innuendo that I feel you'd have to be at least 13 to even get, but that slow Deadpool song at Game Over with the sexy voice that says "Got six balls for ya baby' or something like that is the one that sticks out for me and is hilarious. I mean, even my MET drops F bombs and I think it even says Sh** once in awhile.

#5054 9 months ago

I wanted to share this collaboration between Cleland and myself. Many thanks to Cleland for doing such an amazing job editing my song selections so they sound as seamless as possible in game. Without him this project wouldn’t have come to fruition. You rock!! This is strictly a music mod as changing out all the in game speech with Ryan Reynolds is impossible and to have a handful of his quotes mixed in just doesn't sound consistent and therefore is not something that will be implemented. I know technologies like DeepFakes are allowing you to emulate someone’s voice so maybe one day we can convert the existing speech sounds to sound like Ryan.

Below is a link to a direct .IMG file that needs to be flashed to a new SD card. Essentially, you are writing the .IMG file to the SD card and then swapping it out in your game.

The main benefit is you can keep your original SD card with the stock code and just swap out a new 8gb+ card with this custom firmware flashed and retain the stock card as backup in the event something gets corrupt. 8gb-32gb sizes work fine.

Below is a link to a direct .IMG file that needs to be flashed to a new SD card. Essentially, you are writing the .IMG file to the SD card and then swapping it out in your game.

The main benefit is you can keep your original SD card with the stock code and just swap out a new 8gb+ card with this custom firmware flashed and retain the stock card as backup in the event something gets corrupt. 8gb-32gb sizes work fine.

If you have a Mac you can use a free program called DD utility. If you have a PC, you can use Etcher. https://www.balena.io/etcher/

The code is based off v1.02 and currently is for LE/Prem's. If there's enough request either myself or Cleland can do a Pro version.
Please use Rarlabs utility to extract after downloading. https://www.rarlab.com/

Whats changed:

Shooter Grove music: 2 of the 4 songs have been replaced with:
Howlin for you - Black Key's (Instrumental)
Florida - GDFR (Instrumental)

HellHouse music: 4 of 5 sounds have been replaced with:
Diplo - welcome to the Party
Dj Shadow - Nobody speak
Salt-N-Pepa - Shoop
DMX - X Gon Give it to ya

Disco ball mode music replaced with:
Rupert Holmes - Escape (The Piña Colada Song)

Merc Suit Multiball mode music replaced with:
SKRILLEX - Bangarang

Game over music: 1 of 5 sounds replaced with the following:
Teamheadkick - Deadpool Rap

Head over to this thread for the latest update:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-music-replacement-mod-

I hope you all enjoy!

Regards,
Bent98 and Cleland.

#5055 9 months ago
Quoted from bent98:

I wanted to share this collaboration between Cleland and myself. Many thanks to Cleland for doing such an amazing job editing my song selections so they sound as seamless as possible in game. Without him this project wouldn’t have come to fruition. You rock!! This is strictly a music mod as changing out all the in game speech with Ryan Reynolds is impossible and to have a handful of his quotes mixed in just doesn't sound consistent and therefore is not something that will be implemented. I know technologies like DeepFakes are allowing you to emulate someone’s voice so maybe one day we can convert the existing speech sounds to sound like Ryan.
If you have a Mac you can use a free program called DD utility. If you have a PC, you can use Etcher. https://www.balena.io/etcher/
The code is based off v1.02 and currently is for LE/Prem's. If there's enough request either myself or Cleland can do a Pro version.
Please use Rarlabs utility to extract after downloading. https://www.rarlab.com/
Whats changed:
Shooter Grove music: 2 of the 4 songs have been replaced with:
Howlin for you - Black Key's (Instrumental)
Florida - GDFR (Instrumental)
HellHouse music: 4 of 5 sounds have been replaced with:
Diplo - welcome to the Party
Dj Shadow - Nobody speak
Salt-N-Pepa - Shoop
DMX - X Gon Give it to ya
Disco ball mode music replaced with:
Rupert Holmes - Escape (The Piña Colada Song)
Merc Suit Multiball mode music replaced with:
SKRILLEX - Bangarang
Game over music: 1 of 5 sounds replaced with the following:
Teamheadkick - Deadpool Rap
Head over to this thread for the latest update:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-music-replacement-mod-
I hope you all enjoy!
Regards,
Bent98 and Cleland.

Please, please, please, make this available for the pro!

#5056 9 months ago
Quoted from bowtech:

+1

#5057 9 months ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Mine will drain SDTM about 50% of the time when released from Li'l Deadpool, which is Ok as most modes have a short ball save to start them, but I have found several instances when the ball releases and no ball save is on and it goes SDTM... usually after the first complete cycle through Li'l Deadpool multiball.
It is also a risk to shoot in there with it open, as those will sometimes go SDTM as well.

I'd say mine also usually goes SDTM after Lil Deadpool releases the ball. I checked and the machine is perfectly aligned left to right. Any other ideas for fixes for this? Almost all modes have a ball save for this but there are a few instances where there is no ball save and it feels like a cheap lost ball.

#5058 9 months ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

I'd say mine also usually goes SDTM after Lil Deadpool releases the ball. I checked and the machine is perfectly aligned left to right. Any other ideas for fixes for this? Almost all modes have a ball save for this but there are a few instances where there is no ball save and it feels like a cheap lost ball.

Yeah - it gets me pretty much every time I can get to the second ball capture of Li'l Deadpool Multiball... when it releases the ball it's STDM and no ball save. UGH!!!

#5060 9 months ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Yeah - it gets me pretty much every time I can get to the second ball capture of Li'l Deadpool Multiball... when it releases the ball it's STDM and no ball save. UGH!!!

Yep same. Literally punishes you for playing well!

#5061 9 months ago
Quoted from VonPinball:

+eleventybillion

see...eleventybillion people cant be wrong

#5062 9 months ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

Whenever I've had issues on how a ball returns from a guide, I've cut a small piece of this. Place it on the ball guide in question for the ball to hit on its way out. Fixes the issue and is easy to remove if needed. Great for orbits as well.

https://www.hobbylobby.com/Crafts-Hobbies/Basic-Crafts/Craft-Foam/Black-Self-Adhesive-Foam-Sheet---9%22-x-12%22/p/28642

#5063 9 months ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Whenever I've had issues on how a ball returns from a guide, I've cut a small piece of this. Place it on the ball guide in question for the ball to hit on its way out. Fixes the issue and is easy to remove if needed. Great for orbits as well.
https://www.hobbylobby.com/Crafts-Hobbies/Basic-Crafts/Craft-Foam/Black-Self-Adhesive-Foam-Sheet---9%22-x-12%22/p/28642

Thanks! I'll try this fix this week!

#5064 9 months ago
Quoted from bowtech:

Agreed!

#5065 9 months ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

I’d suggest increasing the pitch possibly? I’ve never had a SDTM from lil Deadpool *knocks on wood*

#5066 9 months ago

Maybe try replacing the sleeve with a regular one instead of the stern slim? Should not effect anything? Just a suggestion.

#5067 9 months ago
Quoted from mjs2:

Maybe try replacing the sleeve with a regular one instead of the stern slim? Should not effect anything? Just a suggestion.

Yeah - that's something I was thinking of trying.

#5068 9 months ago

I just cleaned my Deadpool Pro today and after test playing it, I had 2 balls get hung up behind the middle spinner(wolverine shot). I'm wondering if I might of broke something while cleaning, can you guys post close ups of your spinner so I can see what it's supposed to look like? Also, has anyone else had this happen? It took a few ball searches but it did eventually free it. I have not seen this in the 2000 plays or so.

EDIT: There's actually some good ones in the gallery of this thread. I wasn't sure if it's supposed to just float there but it is. I'll try cleaning and oiling up the spinner a bit.

#5069 9 months ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

So I've been having an issue where lil deadpool modes won't start all the time. The problem is the metal piece that holds the opto sensor is not level with the playfield. It looks like there is too much clear coat inbetween the metal and the wood, or they didn't cut the playfield low enough for this piece to lay flush. So the ball is getting stuck on the gap between the wood and the metal piece. This thing looks like its connected to the entire backside of the curve around the deadpool lil DP area. There isnt really a bolt underneath that i can try and crank it down tighter into the wood with. Has anyone else had this issue or found a solution?
[quoted image]

bumping this question also to see if anyone found a solution or has the same issue as well.

#5070 9 months ago

Here ya go, hope these help.

66CD0687-D025-4423-95AA-3C0CD4F9E3E8 (resized).jpegE98ADD9D-8EE4-49CA-A319-C8B956B2B4D8 (resized).jpeg
#5071 9 months ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

I just cleaned my Deadpool Pro today and after test playing it, I had 2 balls get hung up behind the middle spinner(wolverine shot). I'm wondering if I might of broke something while cleaning, can you guys post close ups of your spinner so I can see what it's supposed to look like? Also, has anyone else had this happen? It took a few ball searches but it did eventually free it. I have not seen this in the 2000 plays or so.
EDIT: There's actually some good ones in the gallery of this thread. I wasn't sure if it's supposed to just float there but it is. I'll try cleaning and oiling up the spinner a bit.

Did your spinner bracket get bent or something? This is what it looks like on the Prem here. I think the Pro is the same, but not sure.

snnnkkt-1 (resized).jpg
#5072 9 months ago
CE364E10-D544-4888-AF43-4178867108BE (resized).jpeg
#5073 9 months ago

The rod holding the spinner sits very close to the curved guide rail.
If you bent the spinner bracket even a little the the rod holding the spinner might be hitting the guide rail and catching the ball.

0D72EE33-1381-4965-A622-CBC4277120D7 (resized).jpeg
#5074 9 months ago

Nice, It was only happening on shots that didn't have enough power to clear the loop(and only like twice out of 9 games). Good suggestions, thanks for photos. My location is closed so I will investigate it more later.

#5075 9 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I’d suggest increasing the pitch possibly? I’ve never had a SDTM from lil Deadpool *knocks on wood*

Same, mine drops the ball directly to the right flipper every single time

#5076 9 months ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Quoted from sohchx:

Thanks for the input! Any idea what your pitch is? I've got mine at 6.8-6.9. It's perfect for the Katana shot and the Snikt so I'm nervous to change it but I'll change it tonight and get back to you.

#5077 9 months ago

For Dead Pool, I believe it is recommended to keep pitch at 6.8/7.0 range.
I believe there is even a video with Gomez playing where he states this.
If you put the bubble of your pitch level right in the middle, you’ll be around 6.5 and the ball might float a little more than you’d like. The bubble on the pitch level should be more towards the top if you don’t have a digital level.
Mine has been in the 6.8/6.9 range and is a blast to play.

#5078 9 months ago
Quoted from sohchx:

I've never had a SDTM from Lil Deadpool either, however, mine sends it to the left flipper. Playfield pitch is 6.8-6.9 depending on where I measure.

#5079 9 months ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

I've never had a SDTM from Lil Deadpool either, however, mine sends it to the left flipper. Playfield pitch is 6.8-6.9 depending on where I measure.

Pretty interesting some have it go to the right flipper and others to the left! There has to be something to this. Maybe the metal part where the ball is trapped for Lil Deadpool can be adjusted to change this?

#5080 9 months ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

Pretty interesting some have it go to the right flipper and others to the left! There has to be something to this. Maybe the metal part where the ball is trapped for Lil Deadpool can be adjusted to change this?

Mine goes to the left. Perhaps there is an adjustment that can be made with the post that it leans on? I’m not at home so can’t check atm.

Quoted from hawkfanz:

Thanks for the input! Any idea what your pitch is? I've got mine at 6.8-6.9. It's perfect for the Katana shot and the Snikt so I'm nervous to change it but I'll change it tonight and get back to you.

If you’re Snikt and katana are working great, then I wouldn’t adjust pitch. And mine is around the same pitch spot as well. There may be another adjustment that can be made around lil Deadpool (see above comments).

#5081 9 months ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

mine sends it to the left flipper

Mine goes to the left flipper as well, and it's easy to see why. When trapped behind the Li'l DP drops, the ball rests behind the right-most drop and against the right post. When the drops fall and release the ball, the ball bumps slightly against the right post. That gives it just enough of a bounce to the left to easily reach the left flipper. No nudging necessary. I didn't change anything and have it set at 7 degrees.

The exact same thing happens when the ball comes out of the right orbit but doesn't make it up the loop diverter (on Prem). The ball hits the post at the opening of the right orbit and bounces over to the left flipper. The bounce is more pronounced than the one coming out of Li'L DP, because the ball is hitting this post with some speed.

#5082 9 months ago

My premium will be here tomorrow and I stopped by a local pinball dealer to see about getting some playfield wax, but was told I can use Turtle Wax or Pledge or just about anything like that. True?

#5083 9 months ago
Quoted from maroot:

My premium will be here tomorrow and I stopped by a local pinball dealer to see about getting some playfield wax, but was told I can use Turtle Wax or Pledge or just about anything like that. True?

It's recommended to use pure carnuba wax. I've used Meguiar's Gold Class Carnuba Plus Premium for years and have had no complaints. One main issue is to avoid anything with silica as that could impede future clear-coating. (It may be in the stuff I use, but I don't plan on clear-coating, so I'm not that concerned).

Definitely would advise against Pledge, and standard Turtle Wax as well.

#5084 9 months ago
Quoted from maroot:

Use mothers pure carnuba wax.
Or any brand of pure carnuba. Not pledge!

#5085 9 months ago
Quoted from tominator:

Use mothers pure carnuba wax.
Or any brand of pure carnuba. Not pledge!

Thanks for the advice! Carnuba wax it is!

#5086 9 months ago
Quoted from maroot:

Hell no. Don't go to that dealer again. That's terrible advice.

I use P21S, but basically you want a good carnuba wax. You can get P21S overnight with Prime shipping. This tub lasts forever:

amazon.com link »

#5087 9 months ago

so I ordered new shooter knobs for my SW and Deadpool the other day straight from stern. And to my surprise when I opened up the box today they sent a deadpool topper by mistake instead of the knob. Im not a huge topper guy but if they are cool with me keeping it Im going to go with it and order another knob.

20200107_233122019_iOS (resized).jpg
#5088 9 months ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

so I ordered new shooter knobs for my SW and Deadpool the other day straight from stern. And to my surprise when I opened up the box today they sent a deadpool topper by mistake instead of the knob. Im not a huge topper guy but if they are cool with me keeping it Im going to go with it and order another knob.[quoted image]

Merry After-Christmas?? Happy Boxing Day a few weeks later?? Sorry for your trauma witnessing the lame projector in Stranger Things??

Congrats on that score!

#5089 9 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Merry After-Christmas?? Happy Boxing Day a few weeks later?? Sorry for your trauma witnessing the lame projector in Stranger Things??
Congrats on that score!

I guess yea. I emailed them and asked them what they want me to do. If they were going to mess up id prefer the r2d2 topper for my new SW, but hey this looks cool too. love my deadpool so enhancing it is ok with me

#5090 9 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Hell no. Don't go to that dealer again. That's terrible advice.
I use P21S, but basically you want a good carnuba wax. You can get P21S overnight with Prime shipping. This tub lasts forever:
amazon.com link »

+1 on the P21S. Easy to use and doesn’t leave Residue on the pf and cracks like Carnuba wax.

#5091 9 months ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

so I ordered new shooter knobs for my SW and Deadpool the other day straight from stern. And to my surprise when I opened up the box today they sent a deadpool topper by mistake instead of the knob. Im not a huge topper guy but if they are cool with me keeping it Im going to go with it and order another knob.[quoted image]

don't say sh_t!

#5092 9 months ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

don't say sh_t!

i already informed them. Dont want some dude getting in trouble over a simple mistake. If they let me keep it i will

#5093 9 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

+1 on the P21S. Easy to use and doesn’t leave Residue on the pf and cracks like Carnuba wax.

Love the way P21S goes on with the sponge and off with a shop cloth, then polish it up with a lamb's wool disc on a cordless drill. Makes a fantastic shine. And that lack of white, crusty residue around all the posts is the best.

#5094 9 months ago

Does anybody else get an outlane drain 90% of the time when you eject from the battle scoop?

B918B349-CCB1-4523-8DFC-42B61E0326AD (resized).jpeg
#5095 9 months ago
Quoted from Only68s:

Does anybody else get an outlane drain 90% of the time when you eject from the battle scoop?[quoted image]

No, but I usually hold up the right flipper as it ejects.

#5096 9 months ago

Man I played the Pro last week and its a blast. Any of you guys see much of jump
in Premium play over Pro? Have to watch some vids I guess.

#5097 9 months ago

For most pins, the pro is the way to go and the premium/LE doesn’t add much value.
For DP, most guys agree that the Premium/LE is the way to go.
Plays totally different with left orbit bringing ball all the way around to right flipper versus the way the pro plays.

#5098 9 months ago
Quoted from Only68s:

Does anybody else get an outlane drain 90% of the time when you eject from the battle scoop?[quoted image]

Perfect game to practice your live catches.

Ball ejects from scoop, tap the right flipper, voila - ball controlled on right flipper for a nice left loop shot

#5099 9 months ago
Quoted from Only68s:

Scoop eject power is in the settings. Increase it or decrease it til you get the trajectory you want for your playfield slope. Used to happen to me and i changed it and now can drop catch most times on right flipper.

#5100 9 months ago
Quoted from FalconDriver:

Man I played the Pro last week and its a blast. Any of you guys see much of jump
in Premium play over Pro? Have to watch some vids I guess.

The Premium seems to be preferred, but I'm very happy with my Pro and would recommend it as probably a better bang for the buck.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Bent Mods
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
5,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7390 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 148.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside