These are the bugs and wishlist items I've sent to Stern over the past 6 months or so for 1.02 (pulled from my email outbox, usually 1-2 reported at a time as I encountered them):
Add combos to the game where you can chain shots
Multi-level skill shots, where successive shots without hitting anything else increases the value
+1x as a potential Mystery Wheel award
BOOM bomb as a potential Mystery Wheel award
1. The model for Deadpool that pops up with "Say it, announcer guy" (and maybe others) is incomplete. The corners of his eye inserts do not overlap the eye holes in the model, so you can see the animated background through the corners of his eyes.
2. The pinball going into the handle of the katana animation on the screen when you lock a ball has a pinball that's slightly too large, so you can see that you're just moving the pinball behind the katana since it peeks out over the top of the handle a smidge. Scale the ball down just a few pixels and it fixes it.
3. There's one too many quest callouts when you have the mystery wheel lit. When you hit the hellhouse scoop, it does the quest callout, then it spins the wheel and says the stuff it needs to say and shows your weapon count, THEN it says the quest callout again when you can actually choose the quest. The first quest callout feels like an accident for this case.
4. When I was in Sauron battle, I got a Ninjapocalypse and then immediately after hit some things (sorry, it was hectic, but it was only about 1-2 seconds after the Ninjapocalypse callout) it called out Mechsuit Multiball, but no mechsuit multiball stacked. Is it possible to stack that? If so, then I didn't get it. If not, then I shouldn't have gotten the callout (it sounded like the one from when the mode is about to start).
5. The Katanarama timer box blocks juggernaut's gauge when it's getting to the bottom 1/4 or so, making it hard to gauge how much you have left to finish him off.
6. I was in multiball, lost a ball and almost immediately hit the left orbit, which SHOULD have gone up the ramp on the right, but the ball I lost was in ball save and was going to launch just as the other ball was coming around the playfield, so as it approached the ramp (which was down), the auto launch for the other ball kicked in which RAISED the ramp as the ball was just starting on it. The effect was launching the ball into the glass like a lacrosse stick.
7. It appears the mystery wheel weapon awards not adding to the weapons total is just an ordering issue. I had a situation where I got 10 weapons on the wheel and my pre-mystery wheel weapon count showed I didn't have enough to qualify extra ball, BUT even though the total screen showed not enough weapons, I qualified extra ball, so that 10 weapons put me over the top, but it wasn't shown on the weapon total screen. It was a special circumstance, but it allowed me to see what was really happening.
8. Today I was being impatient and holding the start button as the match wheel came up. It wasn't starting so I kept pressing and press/holding and it made a weird sound eventually and started my new game with the ball in the shooter lane at 93,990. No idea why this happened, but there is clearly some hole in the code there that allowed this to happen. It seems to be tied to timing with the match wheel and clearing the Katana lock.
9. I started the Li'l Deadpool lockup and right as the timer was ending (before the ball was auto-released), I hit the hellhouse scoop. It asked me to pick an opponent very briefly, then the screen freaked out a little, the drop targets fell and it played Li'l Deadpool stuff THEN as I was in multiball, it went back to the selection screen and asked me to choose an opponent, which was understandably challenging in multiball.
10. I had a battle going and started ninja multiball on Deadpool Prem. Sometime during the multiball, the battle was finished, and when I glanced up, I had a 0 final blow value? Seemed like a bug. Not sure how it happened.
11. Another game-restart area bug. While restarting the game between the bonus screen and the match wheel (it straddled this), the game restarted, but it counted the new game's first ball kickout to the trough as "ball save" (with the callout and animation on the screen) burning the ball save for that first ball.
12. Something weird happened during a Ninja multiball where I had a fully charged BOOM (red) button, but it was going into mystery wheel when I hit it, so I got no BOOM animation or callout or anything, but the red just disappeared. It was too hectic to see if I actually received the benefit of the fully charged red BOOM or if it just took it without saying "thank you."
13. The scroll for high scores on Deadpool is a little jerky because the scroll rate doesn't match the refresh rate of the panel (I'm assuming is 60hz) correctly. If the scroll rate is matched a little better there will be no occasional jittery movement of the high score scroll at regular intervals like there is now. I don’t know if anyone at Stern even noticed, but that always stands out to me because I've done a lot of credit rolls and it took me a while to figure out why some were jerky.
14. When you're in a mode (I happened to be in Sabretooth) and you qualify QUEST, it says "Quest is lit" when it's not actually lit and can't be lit until the mode you're in is over, so if you have a callout available, "Quest qualified" would be more accurate or if you can't do that, hold the "Quest is lit" callout until the mode preventing it from actually BEING lit is over might be a more clear way of communicating it.
15. I was on ball 2 having a bad game and started pressing start to restart (I had 2-3 credits on the machine). I pressed start, but not long enough to restart the game as I changed my mind and released it before restart. However, when the game ended and I pressed start briefly at the end of the match wheel to start a new game, I pressed start ONCE briefly (definitely not twice) and ended up with a two-player game. It's like it stored the start press I did, but did not hold long enough and used it along with the end of game start press at the end of the game.
16. I got "A Hardy Handshake" on the mystery wheel for the first time today. That's grammatically incorrect. It should be "A Hearty Handshake"
17. I had Mechsuit Multiball qualified, Li'L Deadpool called out "Let's Play" and I collected the Colossus Jackpot, which put up the full screen Colossus Jackpot graphic. While that was happening, I immediately hit Hellhouse but instead of Mechsuit Multiball intro happening, it went straight from the rest of the Colossus full-screen graphic right into the Mechsuit Multiball mode. It was weird and unexpected. I hope I've given you enough info to reproduce it, or at least have an idea what happened.
18. This isn't a bug per se, but unexpected behavior. I have the Specials on the route machine set to award an extra ball instead of a free game. I lit Special and collected it. Deadpool said something about special, and that was it. Since it didn't award a game, no knock, which is expected. But, since it DID award an extra ball, it seems like it should play the extra ball animation, but it did not.
19. This happened too quickly for me to get a picture, but on the mystery wheel the three it landed on in a game today were (in this order on screen):
XXXXXXXX <- something, I don't remember what
I've seen "invalid" on screen before in other recent Stern games when a table lookup failed. KISS comes to mind for sure, but there have been others (Ghostbusters, at least). It was always a bug, so I'm assuming this is a bug, too, unless it's an inside joke about Lonnie's poor coding in other games where this happened.