(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,261 posts
  • 1,089 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 hours ago by Minibull
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg
dp16 (resized).jpg
IMG_2260 (resized).jpg
IMG_2259 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,261 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 326.
#4951 4 years ago

Auto-launch issue just crept up. Anytime the ball is fed into the shooter lane for an auto-launch, there is a mechanical "whir" sound for a split second, but nothing happens. The short "whir" is repeated until the ball is manually plunged. It started while I was in MechSuit if that matters.

The trough switch tests OK. Thought I'd check for ideas before I start digging into the machine?

#4952 4 years ago

Im guessing the auto plunge doesn't work in coil test?

#4953 4 years ago

I saw a new multiball I had not seen nor heard about last week. Something to do with Mr Sinister clones??? Anyone get to this? I THINK I had finished everything but either T-Rex or Megladon mode....

#4954 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I saw a new multiball I had not seen nor heard about last week. Something to do with Mr Sinister clones??? Anyone get to this? I THINK I had finished everything but either T-Rex or Megladon mode....

Clone MB is ready when you complete the battles a second time. The second time around they are accompanied by Sauron. That's one step away from the Final Battle Wizard mode.

#4955 4 years ago

Just ordered Deadpool Premium! Should have it by the 13th of January. My first pin.

So pumped!

#4956 4 years ago
Quoted from maroot:

Just ordered Deadpool Premium! Should have it by the 13th of January. My first pin.
So pumped!

You should be, it's a great experience every time you press START.

#4957 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Nice! That’s one of the wizard modes. There are 3:

« Spoiler! Click to reveal.
1. Complete all battles (Once) + both quests = Megakrakaladonus Rex
2. Complete all battles (twice) = Mr Sinister Clone Battle - this sounds like what you described what you got.
3. Complete all battles (Twice) + both quests = Mr. Sinister final battle.
»

#4958 4 years ago
Quoted from maroot:

So pumped!

Congrats, it was my forst game too, just 9 months ago. Now i have 16 so be careful.

If i could only have one again i wouldn't be dissapointed if it was Deadpool.

#4959 4 years ago

I’m thinking of a new stern pin. Have there been reports of pooling deadpools? No pun intended. Wondering if anyone in this club has had issues with art chipping etc...?

#4960 4 years ago

I looked at mine closely that is on location and there are zero problems on mine. No chipping, pooling etc.

#4961 4 years ago

Post 3937-3940 shows where the chipping occurs - add washers under the ball guide and should have no issues. Mine dimpled but does not bother me.

#4962 4 years ago

my boom (or start the game) button is not working all the sudden. I tried making sure the little metal thing was pushed down enough so it made contact and it was...still nothing working...any ideas?

#4963 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

my boom (or start the game) button is not working all the sudden. I tried making sure the little metal thing was pushed down enough so it made contact and it was...still nothing working...any ideas?

Did you try pressing the switch with the lockdown bar off while in switch test mode? Does it register that way?

It may also be in a constant "on" state from too much pressing and just need to be gapped again, too. Switch test should clear that up.

#4964 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

I’m thinking of a new stern pin. Have there been reports of pooling deadpools? No pun intended. Wondering if anyone in this club has had issues with art chipping etc...?

Might depend of manufacturing date.

Mine was preorder, so early, with no issues other than the mylar lifting in the top lanes.

Newer models that align with JP might have issues. Or what came before JP? Something around there

#4965 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

This has happened twice to me now, a power cycle has resolved it both times. Code issue?

#4966 4 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Newer models that align with JP might have issues. Or what came before JP? Something around there

Newer models have thinner clearcoat and no art around the posts. The thinner clear doesn't dimple like a golf ball either.

Rob

#4967 4 years ago
Quoted from WizWiggy:

This has happened twice to me now, a power cycle has resolved it both times. Code issue?

You have to be right, today it worked just fine! Weird!!

#4968 4 years ago

Trying the Pinball life style of anti-sway target bracket on the SNNNKKT target. Played several games tonight and so far so good! Stock and previous brackets didn't stop it from leaning over after a few games.

IMG_7654 (resized).JPGIMG_7654 (resized).JPG
#4969 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Im guessing the auto plunge doesn't work in coil test?

Finally got around to checking this....and it does not work. Just makes the "whir" sound in test. Is this a replacement issue, or is there another fix?

#4970 4 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Trying the Pinball life style of anti-sway target bracket on the SNNNKKT target. Played several games tonight and so far so good! Stock and previous brackets didn't stop it from leaning over after a few games.[quoted image]

do you think it makes the shot easier or more repeatable?

#4971 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Finally got around to checking this....and it does not work. Just makes the "whir" sound in test. Is this a replacement issue, or is there another fix?

I don't remember. Did you check the auto launch assembly with your hands to make sure it moves freely manually (when the machine's off) forward and back? It sounds like it's jammed and the coil can't move it (which would be the whir, I think).

#4972 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I'd suggest to look at the auto plunger underneath the play field. I'm guessing there is something binding or broken with the unit itself. Check the coil, coil sleeve, coil stop, elbow joints and make sure nothing is loose. Check the tiny white sleeves that are in the elbow of the bracket. Also look at the coil plunger and make sure the plastic attachment hasn't come off or cracked.
From my experience if one of these parts failed, it usually doesn't make a sound. That's why I think it's binding on something and not allowing the auto plunger to work. So, look under the play field and hopefully it's obvious.

#4973 4 years ago

Haha, got me by 37 seconds Monk.

#4974 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Haha, got me by 37 seconds Monk.

Monastery training is no joke. Reflexes become sharp like mother-in-law's voice.

Pinmonk_sml (resized).jpgPinmonk_sml (resized).jpg
#4975 4 years ago

My mods for sale earlier in this thread are sold thanks

#4976 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

No issues on mine and we play the shit out of it.

#4977 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't remember. Did you check the auto launch assembly with your hands to make sure it moves freely manually (when the machine's off) forward and back? It sounds like it's jammed and the coil can't move it (which would be the whir, I think).

Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I'd suggest to look at the auto plunger underneath the play field. I'm guessing there is something binding or broken with the unit itself. Check the coil, coil sleeve, coil stop, elbow joints and make sure nothing is loose. Check the tiny white sleeves that are in the elbow of the bracket. Also look at the coil plunger and make sure the plastic attachment hasn't come off or cracked.
From my experience if one of these parts failed, it usually doesn't make a sound. That's why I think it's binding on something and not allowing the auto plunger to work. So, look under the play field and hopefully it's obvious.

Thanks for the input. I should be able to check this tonight. Now that the holidays are over, life should get back to normal!

#4978 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

do you think it makes the shot easier or more repeatable?

Haven't noticed any difference in making the shot (still tricky, but can make 1 or 2 most games), but the target isn't leaning over... not yet anyway.

My target is very close to the edge of the Wolverine guide, I left the target bracket in the OEM mounting holes, but did loosen and move the guide edge "back" as far as it could go (maybe an additional 1/16") so the upper edge of the Snikt target wouldn't hit it. I did move the foam piece from the OEM target bracket over to the Pinball Life one as well.

#4979 4 years ago

I’m looking to get a OEM shaker motor for my Deadpool premium. I know it needs to be a spike, but does it need to be specific to Deadpool? A lot of listings online list specific machines. The Spike shaker on Stern’s website is sold out.

#4980 4 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

I’m looking to get a OEM shaker motor for my Deadpool premium. I know it needs to be a spike, but does it need to be specific to Deadpool? A lot of listings online list specific machines. The Spike shaker on Stern’s website is sold out.

I use the Spike shaker from Pinball Life. Close to 1000 games on it and works great.

#4981 4 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I use the Spike shaker from Pinball Life. Close to 1000 games on it and works great.

Do you know if that one is OEM? I know they are authorized Stern dealer but listing doesn’t say and don’t want to void warranty. From some research, I think it may not be. Can’t find an OEM version in stock.

#4982 4 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

This is what you want.
https://www.pinballlife.com/shaker-motor-kit-rev-c-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-games.html

Don't get too hung up on the OEM warranty thing. These work great. We use them exclusively in all the machines we bring in for route and they get pounded as a result. Zero failures.

#4983 4 years ago

Holy shit. Are you on commission or something? He said multiple times OEM. Pinballlife makes their knock off look OEM, especially now that the real shaker is out of stock and not on the website.

To actually answer your question, no. It is not Deadpool but spike specific. The part number is: 502-5027-01

They are hard to find in stock right now, but these guys have it. It’s typically $100 so try and pay that:

https://www.gotpinball.com/product-page/shaker-motor-kit-spike

Quoted from PinMonk:

This is what you want.
https://www.pinballlife.com/shaker-motor-kit-rev-c-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-games.html
Don't get too hung up on the OEM warranty thing. These work great. We use them exclusively in all the machines we bring in for route and they get pounded as a result. Zero failures.

#4984 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Holy shit. Are you on commission or something? He said multiple times OEM. Pinballlife makes their knock off look OEM, especially now that the real shaker is out of stock and not on the website.
To actually answer your question, no. It is not Deadpool but spike specific. The part number is: 502-5027-01
They are hard to find in stock right now, but these guys have it. It’s typically $100 so try and pay that:

Works both ways. Are YOU on commission, Stern sales department? You're very hung up on Stern shakers when they offer zero practical benefit over the pinball life ones @ 20% less money. He only wanted OEM because he's clearly a n00b and doesn't know any better. Trying to ease him in to this pin addiction.

You can have your brand-name preference, and I'll live in the real world where I can choose a better product for less money because the brand isn't important to me, the performance and price are.

#4985 4 years ago

LOL. He asked for something, you gave him something else. He’s wrong and your right. Love it.

I’ll stand by while you succumb to your last word disease.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Works both ways. Are YOU on commission, Stern sales department? You're very hung up on Stern shakers when they offer zero practical benefit over the pinball life ones @ 20% less money. He only wanted OEM because he's clearly a n00b and doesn't know any better. Trying to ease him in to this pin addiction.
You can have your brand-name preference, and I'll live in the real world.

#4986 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Thanks! This was really helpful. A lot of the shaker listings seem to be intentionally vague. I would much rather spend a few extra bucks on a OEM one that doesn’t void the warranty on a 7K plus machine...especially since I am a “n00b” and could do something wrong to break the machine with one that’s generic.

#4987 4 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

Thanks! This was really helpful. A lot of the shaker listings seem to be intentionally vague. I would much rather spend a few extra bucks on a OEM one that doesn’t void the warranty on a 7K plus machine...especially since I am a “n00b” and could do something wrong to break the machine with one that’s generic.

#4988 4 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

Thanks! This was really helpful. A lot of the shaker listings seem to be intentionally vague. I would much rather spend a few extra bucks on a OEM one that doesn’t void the warrant on a 7K plus machine...especially since I am a “noob” and could do something wrong to break the machine with one that’s generic.

There's no difference in the plugs or installation method. You can't mess it up with the $100-$120 Stern OR the $80 Pinball Life one. And, the PBL shaker has a smoother motion than the Sterns, no adjustment required. Putting the PBL one in is not going to void the warranty on the rest of the machine. It's just not. There was ONE problem with the pinball life ones when Spike initially came out that caused damage to the coin door node board due to lack of published specs. Terry at PBL covered it. Since then, ZERO reported problems, and that was a long time ago.

Here, see for yourself, the pinball life instructions:
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/docs/instructions/SPIKE%20Shaker%20Motor%20Installation%20Instructions.pdf

Stern Spike Shaker instructions:
https://www.zax.com.au/assets/brochures/502-5027-01.pdf

The only shaker I absolutely advise against is the Red Tremor from Cointaker. I *hate* the unpleasant jackhammer motion of that one.

#4989 4 years ago

Sorry double post

#4990 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There's no difference in the plugs or installation method. You can't mess it up with the $100 Stern OR the $80 Pinball Life one.
Here, see for yourself, the instructions:
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/docs/instructions/SPIKE%20Shaker%20Motor%20Installation%20Instructions.pdf

I get that, and appreciate the info, but saving 20 bucks doesn’t seem worth voiding a warranty. The real problem is the OEM one seems to be out of stock everywhere.

#4991 4 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Trying the Pinball life style of anti-sway target bracket on the SNNNKKT target. Played several games tonight and so far so good! Stock and previous brackets didn't stop it from leaning over after a few games.[quoted image]

Link please?

#4993 4 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

I get that, and appreciate the info, but saving 20 bucks doesn’t seem worth voiding a warranty. The real problem is the OEM one seems to be out of stock everywhere.

Money aside, many seem to prefer the pinball life shaker as it is less “jerky” and more of a smooth “rumble” vs the Stern.

#4994 4 years ago

Do they also make a SHOOTER Lane protector for DP?

#4995 4 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Do they also make a SHOOTER Lane protector for DP?

Cliffy for that. Email him at [email protected] and ask for the deadpool protectors.

Or just cut some mylar like a pair of pants and use that in the shooter lane. I have done both, and they're fine.

#4996 4 years ago

A very excellent shooter lane protector. Not in stock, but sign up to be notified. Mylar in the mean time, Cliffy’s backlog is usually weeks so either way you need something in the mean time.

https://mezelmods.com/collections/deadpool-pinball/products/pinball-shooter-lane-protector?variant=18133347565665

#4997 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

LOL. He asked for something, you gave him something else. He’s wrong and your right. Love it.
I’ll stand by while you succumb to your last word disease.

This is kind of a dick move when a pinsider is trying to help out another pinhead. I agree with Monk. He's giving solid advise.

#4998 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Hit it right on the head. There was a loose horizontal screw that was just crooked enough to get lodged on the side. I tightened it, and the mech now works. However, it's a little "off", so the auto plunge arm isn't sitting straight. It looked like that when I first got the machine, and Apex helped me straighten it. I'll have to try and replicate his fix on my own to get it back straight!!

#4999 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Hit it right on the head. There was a loose horizontal screw that was just crooked enough to get lodged on the side. I tightened it, and the mech now works. However, it's a little "off", so the auto plunge arm isn't sitting straight. It looked like that when I first got the machine, and apex helped me straighten it. I'll have to try and replicate his fix on my own to get it back straight!!

Thanks for following up with the solution!

#5000 4 years ago

Loaded question Alert!!!

Is there enough variety with the modes in this game? I am a little scared of it getting too repetitive... But it does seem to have good variety. Honest opinions please I had an Aerosmith most recently and it just didn’t have the staying power. I’d like to keep my next pin at least a year. Thanks in advance

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 64.99
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Belmont, MI
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grovetown, GA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 16,261 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/100?hl=jeep-mustang and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.