9%
  • Neither 86 votes
    25%

(347 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

donald-pleasence-4 (resized).jpg
AE5799CE-CD36-420F-B1E7-14050E931FD3 (resized).jpeg
There are 97 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

Buying both to put on location in the Boston area so you guys can play before you purchase if you want to.

Who is better than you Mike??? No one! Thank you!

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Who is better than you Mike??? No one! Thank you!

Thanks! Looking forward to our Deadpool launch party already.

#53 5 years ago

Now I can not buy any, but if I could it would be deadpool. I love comic based arts like xm..sm vault ... and marvel themes. I think it's going to be a very fun and different game..monster bush is a classic game very good but very played ...

#54 5 years ago

If deadpool is fun ill get a premium. If mbr Le looks good and is no more than 8k. I might pick up both

#55 5 years ago

Won't be getting either, but if you forced me to choose one now I'd go with Monster Bash. I'd pretty much always go with a machine I've played (and like) over a machine that I've never played. Perhaps that will change after having a chance to play Deadpool. Plus I feel that Monster Bash is a machine that my wife and kids would really enjoy.

#56 5 years ago

BOTH! (since my wife isn't sitting at the computer with me)

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I love how you flat-out give solid reasoning why you should NOT buy an LE including a burned experience, but then you basically say "Can't help myself, oh well, whatcha gonna do?"

Stern LOVES customers like you : ). Hope you don't get burned twice....

I am aware of the irony. Sometimes what makes sense and what is fun don't always line up.

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

What does playing the game have to do with ordering one?

unfortunately that's the sad truth with the way pinball has gone.

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

unfortunately that's the sad truth with the way pinball has gone.

Well guess what, it was always that way. OPs didn't wait to play the game in the 90s I'm guessing, they just ordered them.
The only difference is the whining aboot them....or maybe they whined but not as much and not online every 2 day

#60 5 years ago

With MB you kind of know what your getting already because its a remake. Without playing it or code in beta form, DP might be good, great or meh.

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

BOTH! (since my wife isn't sitting at the computer with me)

No wonder I don't want either. I don't have a wife to annoy.

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well guess what, it was always that way. OPs didn't wait to play the game in the 90s I'm guessing, they just ordered them.
The only difference is the whining aboot them....or maybe they whined but not as much and not online every 2 day

OPs were also interested in the newest machine in the 90s just for fresh lineups = more quarters. If it didn't do well, it was gone and a new game was brought in that would do well, until the arcade scene died.

Today's market is a bit different. Home collectors buying NIB without first playing it, taking a bath on it when they don't like it and sell it, then do it all over again while bitching about the last one.

Waiting for a pin that is speculated to be released is probably the smartest thing a collector can do. It keeps your money in your wallet and lets you play a current game on location before you buy it. Stern eats up the FOMO with their LE releases, and people gobble it up. Again, all while bitching about the last one.

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Today's market is a bit different....

Correct, that was my point.

Quoted from FatPanda:

Waiting for a pin that is speculated to be released is probably the smartest thing a collector can do.

the best thing IMO collectors can do is become players/pro buyers. Check out the price for pros new vs used...very very stable. Don't have to take a bath on pros if you don't like it.

#64 5 years ago

Neither really. NIB prices are just too much for me right now. Thought I would be down for some of the remakes but just can't justify the prices. I would have a lot more interest if the remakes had more code or alternative play modes but don't think that is going to happen. Stern pro's used to be reasonable price at around $5000 or less but $6000 is premium territory to me. Game would have to be something special for me to throw that kind of money around. Deadpool looks cool but little interest in theme. Cool to see Stern kick out some solid titles lately, though. People keep hinting at Munsters. If they do that title right at the level they are doing things lately, that might be hard to pass up.

#65 5 years ago

No word on the voice actor yet for Deadpool right? how funny would it be if they ended up getting someone like gilbert Gottfried to do the voice for Deadpool!

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

No word on the voice actor yet for Deadpool right?

Think it's been known for awHile wiht links and pics

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

No word on the voice actor yet for Deadpool right? how funny would it be if they ended up getting someone like gilbert Gottfried to do the voice for Deadpool!

Word on the street is Bobcat Goldthwait. They talked him into doing the old voice and everything.

#68 5 years ago

As an operator, both would earn on location.

#69 5 years ago

Wish I knew. Waiting to find out

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Neither. I've already had MB twice, one of which was NIB. Don't miss it at all. I'll play DP on location.
Waiting for Munsters and EHOH. I'm 80% in on Munsters. EHOH is a definite buy.

okay, who is making the Munsters? I love the Munsters!.....and any timeline on production or release date?

#71 5 years ago

Oh and what is EHOH?

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Today's market is a bit different. Home collectors buying NIB without first playing it, taking a bath on it when they don't like it and sell it, then do it all over again while bitching about the last one. .

What in God's name are you talking about? Nobody "takes a bath" on NIB games anymore unless you mean losing a few hundred bucks, unless you bought a WWE I guess. Buying a NIB Stern is a pretty low-risk proposition these days.

#73 5 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Oh and what is EHOH?

Elvira, natch!

#74 5 years ago

Deadpool ,forget mb its great but old.

#75 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Nobody "takes a bath" on NIB games anymore unless you mean losing a few hundred bucks, unless you bought a WWE I guess. Buying a NIB Stern is a pretty low-risk proposition these days.

Oh yeah, just try getting your money back on a game like BM66 a few months after purchase when the playfield now looks like the surface of the moon and it was still in beta code for over a year.

#76 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Oh yeah, just try getting your money back on a game like BM66

hahaha...no actually bought that super deluxe priced sack of money grabbing shit though.

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

hahaha...no actually bought that super deluxe priced sack of money grabbing shit though.

I bought the premium and still had a hard time getting rid of it.

Sure if you want to hold onto a game that's barely playable for over a year and hope you can still see the playfield art by the end of that period, then yes you may recoup a little more of your money, or then again maybe not.

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

there wasn't such a thing as preorder of anything. When they were ready to ship, they were ready to buy. OPS only cared if it made money. Games like TZ, CV and such were epic flops as far as money makers go. But loved by the home collector.

#79 5 years ago

Stupid question but do we know if those “11 tracks” are going to be in the game? I’d buy for it X Gonna Give it to ya!

#80 5 years ago

Neither, holding on for Munsters.

#81 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Neither, holding on for Munsters.

Don’t wait you might be disappointed

#82 5 years ago

Deadpool LE and Monster Bash LE for me thanks, will also add Munsters LE to the list when it becomes available for sale.

#83 5 years ago

Monster Bash - literally one of the most highly regarded machines of its era with Lyman code, and a certified classic.

Deadpool - might be cool, if the software is there.

Make mine MB until Deadpool proves it’s got the moves.

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Don’t wait you might be disappointed

probably ... but it doesn't hurt to play all before deciding. No reason to believe Munsters would be better, but as far as hero/monster themes go, I'll have to try these and ACNC. I've long since run out of room and money, and I fear one of these four will be appealing enough to buy. I need help.

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:probably ... but it doesn't hurt to play all three before deciding. I have no reason to believe it will be any better, but as far as hero/monster themes, go I'll have to try these and ACNC. I've got to believe 1 of these 4 will be appealing enough to want to buy.

Yep - Deadpool and MBr will still be around by the time Munsters comes out. I know this is crazy, but I'm thinking it's better to make an informed decision rather than a rushed one based on speculation and chance.

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Yep - Deadpool and MBr will still be around by the time Munsters comes out. I know this is crazy, but I'm thinking it's better to make an informed decision rather than a rushed one based on speculation and chance.

Played ACNC without code in March and still enjoyed it. Dying to play DP on location soon. MB with more code and a big screen might be spectacular, or could turn out no different than the first one - but it will be another month before we'll see it. Of all these themes, I could most imagine immersing myself in Munsters (even prefering it to BM66). So I'll be sitting tight through TPF in March 2019, and by then even games by DR should be announced. Practicing my patience since none of these exist yet.

#87 5 years ago

At Pintastic 2018, George Gomez mentioned that he had a design in the works and he seemed really enthused about it. Funny how he did both Deadpool and MB. Either way you're getting a Gomez.

#88 5 years ago

Neither....apparently 14 my sweet spot....for now......

#89 5 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

At Pintastic 2018, George Gomez mentioned that he had a design in the works and he seemed really enthused about it. Funny how he did both Deadpool and MB. Either way you're getting a Gomez.

And my last NIB Stern happened to be a Gomez design - BM66.

It could be a real Gomezpalooza!

2 months later
#90 5 years ago

Now that Batman 66 has reached .98 coding, it is an awesome game! Quite deep coding and amazing what Lyman has done with the playfield of that table. Those people who bailed early may be regretting it. I know it was rough at first, but quite refined now and who doesn’t like Batman 66? It has universal appeal worldwide. The theme integration of that table exceeds all others in the TV/Movie genre. Call outs all by original actors. Music is original. Tons of show video. The small table TV needs improvement although. Currently a slide show that needs to have villain taunting happening instead of just a slide show. Game design after Lyman coding is a winner. Table is on the hard side though, because most all the shots are at the back of the table. I know it’s made me a much better player now.

#91 5 years ago

Deadpool LE, it’s something new and exciting
Remakes are cool and all, but we’ve all been there before

#92 5 years ago

Agreed. Tough to shell out top dollar for a 20 yr old theme and playfield that we've already played a million times.
Wish they'd figure out how to make a "classic" repeat at 2/3 the price rather than priced to equal brand new original projects.

#93 5 years ago

Agreed squared!
After playing Deadpool LE for the first time today, I must admit it’s a pretty sweet LE package in person. The sparkley red powder coat is great, contrasting cab art is top notch all around and the added PF stuff over pro definitely “feels” like it’s worth the extra $$$.

Disco ball is cooler in person and I especially like the small right diverter ramp up to the sword.
Good job on the layout Go-meZZZZ!

If this was still a $7k LE street price I probably would’ve bought one.

#94 5 years ago

DP LE in the collection.
MBR LE on order.
Waiting to see Munsters. Will likely end up with the LE.

#95 5 years ago

If you can only have one get DP

#96 5 years ago

Had a B/W MB but it got old fast due to the repetition of hitting ramps over and over and over. DP for the win.

#97 5 years ago

Own both an original restored mint MB and a Deadpool LE.
They are very different but really fun games.
MB is bolted to the floor and the remake looks amazing.
It’s too early to tell if DP is a longer term keeper since code is still being flushed out.
Can’t wait to see Munsters...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 64.99
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

There are 97 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-or-monster-bash/page/2?hl=hawks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.