Linked Games

Topic poll

“Deadpool or Jurassic Park to pair with WOZ”

• Deadpool 44 votes
    44%
  • Jurassic park 57 votes
    56%

(101 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 4 years ago

Easy. Deadpool Prem/LE. Unless the callouts are expanded substantially, you will get VERY tired of the JP callouts pretty quickly. I'm still hearing new Deadpool lines almost a year after we first put it on the route. At this location it happens to be sitting next to a WoZ and they earn almost equally, with the edge going to Deadpool Prem most months.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Honestly avoid Houdini its a super turd. Star Wars I also think isn't great esp from a theme integration POV. Can't comment on Stranger Things until I play it, looks positive and has a great designer. To me I think you should look for something a bit deeper so JP2, IMDN, maybe Dialed In or TWD.
Neil.

I wouldn't call Dialed In deep. Way too linear. Became super-boring after about 6-8 months, and there are too many pointless things that were just not integrated well (drones, spiders, etc).

Love Maiden, can't say enough good things about it.

TWD is a not-often-recommended-these-days star, though. If you can get past the gross art package and add a colorDMD, it's an incredible pin with a crazy-awesome ruleset. It can be punishing, however.

JP2 may become awesome at some point, but the callouts are just too repetitive and not great to begin with on the code so far. One to keep an eye on, but it would drive me crazy in the house with the limited callouts.

I was pretty excited about the Stranger Things theme, but after seeing the Premium, I'm in wait and see mode. I can see the demigorgon ramp, demigorgon, and projector being big maintenance question marks on location, and with early software, the callouts kind of blow. I'll let you all be the guinea pigs for that experiment and maybe drop into that party later.

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Have you played it since they added Quantum Theater multiball? That integrates all these things.
On topic: My vote was for Jurassic Park. One of the best all-around packages that Stern has done in a while. Only thing lacking is the sub-par callouts IMO, but I'm sure Pinside will have that custom sound package to the rescue here soon.

I think I was out right before that was added. It was just too dull and repetitive.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eagan, MN
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-or-jurassic-park-with-woz?tu=pinmonk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.