Topic poll

“Deadpool or Jurassic Park to pair with WOZ”

• Deadpool 44 votes
    44%
  • Jurassic park 57 votes
    56%

(101 votes)

#1 4 years ago

So, what should I get to pair up with my WOZ? I’m really into both deadpool and Jurassic park. Is one of these two games a better match or fit? I am not sure which game has more depth or scoring strategies. I’m thinking Jurassic park?

#2 4 years ago

I'd say:

Option 1 - Sell WOZ, buy both

Option 2 - JP, more toys than DP while being deep and flowy

#3 4 years ago

I have a deadool premium and have played a decent amount of JP pro. I prefer deadpool, but theme plays a large role for me there. Both games are wonderful and would make a nice changeup to Woz.

I kind of wanted to make a thread like this as well. Im about to buy my second Pin to pair with my DP premium. Im torn between upcoming Stranger things, Star Wars comic premium, and Houdini. Im seriously torn.....

#4 4 years ago

I've had the opportunity to play both and am purchasing Deadpool as I find it to be the better choice. In your situation, WOZ is so unique in itself that either one would pair well, so go with what you enjoy more.

#5 4 years ago

Depends on what theme you prefer. I prefer JP due to me loving the theme I enjoy DP but it's a bit of a long player for me.

#6 4 years ago

JP and DP are great games. Buy the theme you like more. Neither will have as drawn out games as WOZ.

#7 4 years ago

Two great pins. I have both of them in LE, and they’re two of my favorites.

You can’t go wrong either way. If I had to choose, it would be JP by a hair.

#8 4 years ago

DP is a hugely fun game and the call-outs are so unique. JP is deeper, imo, and the soundtrack is unmistakably JP. And nothing in DP comes close to the T-Rex mechanic. Also, the newer JP is more likely to have a good playfield (no clear at posts). So for me, JP wins by a little bit.

#10 4 years ago

If you put a lot of weight on theme and are a huge fan of DP then go for it! If theme is evenly split or you like JP, go JP hands down. I voted JP. I have played both and honestly think JP is one of the best machines to come out in a long, long time. Great theatrics, good music, great flow, plenty to shoot for, and one of the best toys to come out in a long while. Still not as cool as DE's T-Rex but I am biased. Either way you will be doing well. Enjoy!

#11 4 years ago

Very few, if any, pro pinballers would take WOZ over DP given the lack of flow. So if gameplay is important both JP & DP would be an upgrade.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

DP is a hugely fun game and the call-outs are so unique. JP is deeper, imo, and the soundtrack is unmistakably JP. And nothing in DP comes close to the T-Rex mechanic. Also, the newer JP is more likely to have a good playfield (no clear at posts). So for me, JP wins by a little bit.

Newer DP playfields are also made just like the newer JP playfields. Thinner clear and no artwork under the posts.

I bought both JP Premium and DP Premium last month and both have october build dates. I find DP far more forgiving and ball times are longer. JP certainly has more complex rules, but some of the nuances you will have a difficult time to figure out, let alone master. Each game plays very different, but both are equally fun in their own unique ways. The only way I could decide was to buy both.

Rob

#13 4 years ago

Easy. Deadpool Prem/LE. Unless the callouts are expanded substantially, you will get VERY tired of the JP callouts pretty quickly. I'm still hearing new Deadpool lines almost a year after we first put it on the route. At this location it happens to be sitting next to a WoZ and they earn almost equally, with the edge going to Deadpool Prem most months.

#14 4 years ago

Both pins are epic. I have LE for both.

if you want a pin with great music and fun call outs go for Deadpool, if you want a deep and challenging ruleset with some tough shots go for JP2, the call outs and music on JP2 are super boring. Either way you'll be happy. oh and if it is Deadpool you need to grab the Premium or LE for sure.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I have a deadool premium and have played a decent amount of JP pro. I prefer deadpool, but theme plays a large role for me there. Both games are wonderful and would make a nice changeup to Woz.
I kind of wanted to make a thread like this as well. Im about to buy my second Pin to pair with my DP premium. Im torn between upcoming Stranger things, Star Wars comic premium, and Houdini. Im seriously torn.....

Honestly avoid Houdini its a super turd. Star Wars I also think isn't great esp from a theme integration POV. Can't comment on Stranger Things until I play it, looks positive and has a great designer. To me I think you should look for something a bit deeper so JP2, IMDN, maybe Dialed In or TWD.

Neil.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Honestly avoid Houdini its a super turd. Star Wars I also think isn't great esp from a theme integration POV. Can't comment on Stranger Things until I play it, looks positive and has a great designer. To me I think you should look for something a bit deeper so JP2, IMDN, maybe Dialed In or TWD.
Neil.

I wouldn't call Dialed In deep. Way too linear. Became super-boring after about 6-8 months, and there are too many pointless things that were just not integrated well (drones, spiders, etc).

Love Maiden, can't say enough good things about it.

TWD is a not-often-recommended-these-days star, though. If you can get past the gross art package and add a colorDMD, it's an incredible pin with a crazy-awesome ruleset. It can be punishing, however.

JP2 may become awesome at some point, but the callouts are just too repetitive and not great to begin with on the code so far. One to keep an eye on, but it would drive me crazy in the house with the limited callouts.

I was pretty excited about the Stranger Things theme, but after seeing the Premium, I'm in wait and see mode. I can see the demigorgon ramp, demigorgon, and projector being big maintenance question marks on location, and with early software, the callouts kind of blow. I'll let you all be the guinea pigs for that experiment and maybe drop into that party later.

#17 4 years ago

DP premium gets my vote, the layout is so cool, everything about it is great
JP premium is great too, although I feel it’s basically an IMDN layout with a cool T-Rex toy

#19 4 years ago

Two great games and enjoy both a lot, but JP is just on another level. Code has come a long way on JP and it’s only going to get better. The strategy, shots, and toys on JP are superior as well...

Edit: go premium either way

#20 4 years ago

definately DP or StrT so we can trade later

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

So, what should I get to pair up with my WOZ?

You should sell WOZ and get both. Much better pins in my opinion.

#22 4 years ago

I think the deeper rule set has me leaning towards JP. Also, I believe it has shorter ball times than deadpool. Maybe I will end up with both one day, but WOZ is staying put for now. Still my favourite game I’ve ever played. I did sell it once however, to upgrade to a ruby red

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

I think the deeper rule set has me leaning towards JP. Also, I believe it has shorter ball times than deadpool. Maybe I will end up with both one day, but WOZ is staying put for now. Still my favourite game I’ve ever played. I did sell it once however, to upgrade to a ruby red

JP is also nearly code complete, but needs some score balancing which hasn't been done (released) yet. In a small collection of 2 games, it would probably have better longevity that DeadPool.

You never stated if you would go pro or premium?

Rob

#24 4 years ago

A premium would be nice, but pro fits the budget. Now = pro, later = premium. I’m thinking I’m into a new pin in the “now” timeline

#25 4 years ago

DP doesn't Wow me but it's fun to play.
Kinda over JP, doesn't grab me like Maiden did.

Edit: but obviously I'd rather have both than a WoZ

#26 4 years ago

It depends on theme:

If you are a fan of the DP movies, get JP because DP lacks any film footage or Ryan Reynolds callouts.

If you are a fan of the JP movies, get DP because JP lacks any film footage and has callouts from only one character from the movie.

#27 4 years ago

I own both ... I'd take DP over JP by a small margin. There's no disco multiball on JP and DP has a T-Rex mode if you want a prehistoric fix

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

It depends on theme:
If you are a fan of the DP movies, get JP because DP lacks any film footage or Ryan Reynolds callouts.
If you are a fan of the JP movies, get DP because JP lacks any film footage and has callouts from only one character from the movie.

POTW

#29 4 years ago

I bought them both and had them delivered the same day. I think both games are great but I am playing DP more right now. I think they will end up as two of my favorite games.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

DP doesn't Wow me but it's fun to play.
Kinda over JP, doesn't grab me like Maiden did.
Edit: but obviously I'd rather have both than a WoZ

Me too! If only someone would pay me $12,500 USD for my WOZ. I’d run out in a heartbeat and get both games.”

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I wouldn't call Dialed In deep. Way too linear. Became super-boring after about 6-8 months, and there are too many pointless things that were just not integrated well (drones, spiders, etc).

Have you played it since they added Quantum Theater multiball? That integrates all these things.

On topic: My vote was for Jurassic Park. One of the best all-around packages that Stern has done in a while. Only thing lacking is the sub-par callouts IMO, but I'm sure Pinside will have that custom sound package to the rescue here soon.

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Have you played it since they added Quantum Theater multiball? That integrates all these things.
On topic: My vote was for Jurassic Park. One of the best all-around packages that Stern has done in a while. Only thing lacking is the sub-par callouts IMO, but I'm sure Pinside will have that custom sound package to the rescue here soon.

I think I was out right before that was added. It was just too dull and repetitive.

#33 4 years ago

Yeah, but you also rated Aerosmith super high on your podcast! Can I trust this review??? I kid, I kid!!! Lol

#34 4 years ago

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from Hypercoaster:

I'd say:
Option 1 - Sell WOZ, buy both
Option 2 - JP, more toys than DP while being deep and flowy

You read my mind...
WOZ and DP compliment each other in a way...

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Houdini is pretty. I have it set really easy so I can get Houdini letters and feel like I accomplished something. I have 12 pins that I usually play one or two in the evenings. I have to force myself to play Houdini. I would stay away from this game.

I can’t comment on Stranger Things. I own a Star Wars Premium (and just got the R2-D2 topper). I really enjoy this game. The flow is great. The integration of the movies , speech, and modes is enjoyable. It is the only game I keep the sounds on for the iconic opening scene and music.

I own a DPLE and enjoy this game. It is easy to understand and progress. It is fun and funny. Music is pretty good too.

#37 4 years ago

Deadpool...easy choice.

More: Code, flow, fun, cool old school sounds.
Better: Art, ruleset (Far Better).
Less: Defective clear coat (This alone should make this a layup).

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

Deadpool...easy choice.
More: Code, flow, fun, cool old school sounds.
Better: Art, ruleset (Far Better).
Less: Defective clear coat (This alone should make this a layup).

My understanding is that the new DPs are shipping with the same clearcoat process as that used on JP/Elvira/etc.

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Very few, if any, pro pinballers would take WOZ over DP given the lack of flow. So if gameplay is important both JP & DP would be an upgrade.

Lol, and a lot of "pro pinballers" only seem to be focused on points based gameplay (super pops, super ramps, super orbits, repetitive multiballs) rather then deep objective based rulesets that tell a themes story such as the one in WOZ.

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

Yeah, but you also rated Aerosmith super high on your podcast! Can I trust this review??? I kid, I kid!!! Lol

*looks back at ratings*

Yeah, probably a bit overly enthusiastic on that one

#41 4 years ago

*looks back at ratings*
Yeah, probably a bit overly enthusiastic on that one

I give you a pass. From what I could tell, you were more applauding the game for having completed code vs the shape Batman 66 arrived it. All good

2 months later
#42 4 years ago

It appears you went JP. Has it met expectations?

#43 4 years ago

I'm late here but thought I would post anyway. You are asking for opinions so...
I have both. Both premiums. You didn't say which version you were considering. Both games are definitely better in the premium/le versions. Big differences from pro to premium. JP more than DP though.
I sold my WOZECLE. Absolutely gorgeous game, but it wasn't as exciting or as fun as others I have.
Having said that, I would sell WOZ and buy both JP and DP Premiums. Both are a LOT more fun IMO.
Now if I had to keep just one it would be JP.

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from RumRunner9:

It appears you went JP. Has it met expectations?

It sure has, I’m really enjoying it. Having fun learning the rules with my boys, and hitting the combo shots!

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

It sure has, I’m really enjoying it. Having fun learning the rules with my boys, and hitting the combo shots!

congrats - and now added to the wish-list.. lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 35.00
6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-or-jurassic-park-with-woz?hl=hawks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.