Topic poll

“Deadpool or Batman 66 premium NIB”

• Batman 66 75 votes
    64%
  • Deadpool 42 votes
    36%

(117 votes)

#1 5 years ago

Which one would you choose for at home family game NIB #Deadpool or #Batman66? Likely premium edition but not sure.

#2 5 years ago

I have both next to each other. Can’t go wrong with either. Tough choice to be honest. Have you played them?

#3 5 years ago

I have both. BM66 is probably better for those into the theme or who like really deep rulesets. But, I prefer DP at the moment.

#4 5 years ago

Played Deadpool a lot! Batman only once early in its life. So comparing early code in both!

#5 5 years ago

Both are clunky. However both are fun. Slight edge to Deadpool for a faster gameplay and more upbeat music. Both are great pins.

#6 5 years ago

I vote batman 66.

#7 5 years ago

Picking at this moment in time, BM66 would win easily for me, but there's a lot of nostalgia factor weighing in for me. I suffered through the early BM66 code and had dismissed it for the most part. Going back to it now and playing it is a whole new experience and a hell of a lot of fun. I got my Deadpool a few weeks ago and it's just "mheh." There's lots of bugs, repetitive code, clunky shots, weird design choices like the ball frequently going back to the shooter lane, etc. IMO, they both have fantastic art and sounds, both have their clunkiness, but BM66 wins by a mile based on code at this time and overall fun factor. That could all change in a year if DP is given the time and resources it needs to really flush out the code and reduce a lot of the repetitiveness. I'd trade my DP for a BM66 in a heart beat right now.

#8 5 years ago

Definitely play both and a Batman 66 with the latest code. Code for Batman 66 has come a long way since launch and continues to get updates.

#9 5 years ago

BM66. The code is unbelievable good and is going to awesome. Deadpool is not to shabby, however I don’t think it will match where BM66 is ending up.

#10 5 years ago

B66.

You should put up a poll.

#11 5 years ago

Batman66 seems like the better choice for the whole family.

#12 5 years ago

I would choose batman. That theme for me is very nostalgic. (Hypnotically)

The code continues to develop.

Deadpool is very fun too. But I would go batman.
I would have suffered through the code, there are very few themes like batman to me.

I wanted to be Adam west, Batman. It appeared to me he had both the cat woman and the batgirl.

Deadpool cannot evoke any of those memories in me. It won't be able to.

But both next to each other. Add an iron maiden you are in business.

#15 5 years ago

Way too early for DP, Pinside will tear it apart like BM then revisit later as many have not played all versions. It is full of potential, and not clunky when set up correctly.
Code wise, slightly north of where BM66 was in its first year.

BM66 is awesome, so it is the clear winner today.

4 months later
#16 5 years ago

Hi, I want to get a new pinball and I'm undecided between Batman 66 premium and Deadpool premium. The pinball will go home, next to Woz. I have two sons (6 and 9 years), so i need a game with a multiball not too difficult too reach (but not too easy like Hobbit), and some gadget
Some advice? Thanks!

#17 5 years ago

Voted Batman, its the most played, most frustratingly awesome game in our 10 pin collection.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from springer77:

Hi, I want to get a new pinball and I'm undecided between Batman 66 premium and Deadpool premium. The pinball will go home, next to Woz. I have two sons (6 and 9 years), so i need a game with a multiball not too difficult too reach (but not too easy like Hobbit), and some gadget
Some advice? Thanks!

I'd go Batman. My kids are 3, 9, and 11 and the 2 oldest love and play it all the time. And yes, Hobbit is way to easy (we sold ours years ago and don't miss it a bit)

#19 5 years ago

Deadpool and it’s not even close much better shots and layout way better design then rehashed Batman

#20 5 years ago

I sold my Batman, picked up a Deadpool and couldn’t be happier. Batman is great, it’s like a nice cup of tea... but DP is pure crack! Just so much more fun, at least to me. But I’m probably in the minority.

If you like Multiballs, you’re pretty much guaranteed to get one on ball one every time with little Deadpool. It shoots a lot better too. WAY less deep than BM, but that was part of the appeal to me.

#21 5 years ago

Batman shoots better and has much deeper rules

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

I sold my Batman, picked up a Deadpool and couldn’t be happier. Batman is great, it’s like a nice cup of tea... but DP is pure crack! Just so much more fun, at least to me. But I’m probably in the minority.
If you like Multiballs, you’re pretty much guaranteed to get one on ball one every time with little Deadpool. It shoots a lot better too. WAY less deep than BM, but that was part of the appeal to me.

Spot on assessment conclusion DEADPOOL is way more fun

#23 5 years ago

Save the extra bit of coin and go a pro. The pro plays faster than the premium and the differences between them aren’t that great. Andnuse the savings to get a B66

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Save the extra bit of coin and go a pro. The pro plays faster than the premium and the differences between them aren’t that great. Andnuse the savings to get a B66

Thanks to everyone for the advice, I like both the pinballs, so I came up with a similar idea. Now i take a Batman66 nib (used in Europe is very difficult to find), and when i'll have space and money go for Deadpool pro, maybe used

#25 5 years ago

I think BM66 has more depth and will therefore have longer lasting appeal, but honestly I think Deadpool is the most purely fun pin Stern's made

#26 5 years ago

So I have an Iron Maiden Premium and either getting Deadpool or Batman 66. I love the artwork and theme of Deadpool but in the end I would rather have a game that is fun to play and won't get old after a while. For a home environment paired with Iron Maiden, would Batman 66 be a better choice? Do you think Deadpool code could end becoming a deeper game in the future possibly like Batman 66?

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from Serus:

So I have an Iron Maiden Premium and either getting Deadpool or Batman 66. I love the artwork and theme of Deadpool but in the end I would rather have a game that is fun to play and won't get old after a while. For a home environment paired with Iron Maiden, would Batman 66 be a better choice? Do you think Deadpool code could end becoming a deeper game in the future possibly like Batman 66?

I think its unrealistic to expect any Stern to be as deep as Batman. I've owned a lot of Sterns over the years, and this is BY FAR the deepest pin code wise. Just a million strategies and different things to do.

1 week later
#28 5 years ago

I spent a lot of time on both this weekend. I have to say that I'm leaning to DP now. Batman was fun, and there ARE a lot of things to do. However, everyone just talks about the Worm/Freeze strat. I played a lot of different ways, and that did score better usually. Needless to say, if you're not playing for score there are a lot of modes, especially with the minor villains.

Deadpool was just cool! The repeatable left loop on the premium...the right ramp to the katana (which was butter on the machine I played)...the Snikt target...all of those made the game very enjoyable. I also liked the way the playfield seems "fuller". The left ramp, and the L'il Deadpool bank are low on the playfield. It changes the fan layout just enough to make it feel different.

I wanted to like BM66 more, but I just didn't.

3 months later
#29 4 years ago

Digging up the thread.

What’s the general consensus now that Deadpool has had its code expanded? Or is there another machine that rivals these in the same premium price range.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from doubleflipp:

Digging up the thread.
What’s the general consensus now that Deadpool has had its code expanded? Or is there another machine that rivals these in the same premium price range.

I think the consensus is that they are both very solid games and that individual preference is going to be highly subjective. I own a BM66 and have close to 1000 plays on it (well, my wife has a few hundred of those) and I still love it. Tons of depth and breadth especially if you're not a min/maxer for points. Here's my super extensive guide to choosing between the two, with all of my Deadpool knowledge coming from reading about it here.

1. Theme. Which theme appeals to you more? Because these pins are so close to each other in many ways I think theme might matter more than with most pins. Both are humor pins -- I prefer BM66 humor to Deadpool and I think there's more variety in call outs and zany stuff in BM66 while Deadpool has cool retro sounds and neat LCD integration with the modes.

2. Are you a code guy or a shot guy? Both have good code and a reputation for some Gomez clunk (along with Gomez shot originality), but for the majority BM66 wins in code where Deadpool wins the shot making department.

That's all I got.

#31 4 years ago

iloveplywood Wow! Thanks for the detailed and in depth comparison / breakdown summary.

You hit on all the right points. Not sure if I’m a code or shots guy yet. Only 1.5 yrs into it, last 6 months I’ve had a Sterk ST Pro. Really enjoyed playing it digitally before buying (how my interest grew after being introduced to a pinball barcade), and I probably just need to play them both at my league spot (BM66 LE and DP LE) when I can commit a couple hours to each. Wonka was a dream theme, but I’ve been a little underwhelmed so far (licensing limitations effecting code / art package). Looking forward to eventually diving into it more next month (had 3 plays on it). It definitely looks better in person and shoots pretty well with the flipper power turned up a bit.

After owning ST and thinking of getting a 2nd I’ve realized I really enjoy feel / flow of the shots. I like that the code is deep enough to where there’s always a goal to strive for, but it’s starting to become a grind to get to Enterprise Amok. But being able to play the game differently and explore the modes in free form perfectly breaks it up enough between high score attempts to keep me coming back and ultimately probably would only get rid of it to trade up to a more expensive pin that I enjoyed more.

#32 4 years ago

I'd buy Deadpool Pro over Batman 66. Batman looks and sounds better, but is a godforsaken clunk fest.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.99
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rochester, NH
$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-or-batman-66-premium-nib?hl=rasavage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.