Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 190 posts
  • 85 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by BAMcDonald
  • Topic is favorited by 85 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bent98.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I wanted to share this collaboration between Cleland and myself. Many thanks to Cleland for doing such an amazing job editing my song selections so they sound as seamless as possible in game. Without him this project wouldn’t have come to fruition. You rock!! This is strictly a music mod as changing out all the in game speech with Ryan Reynolds is impossible and to have a handful of his quotes mixed in just doesn't sound consistent and therefore is not something that will be implemented. I know technologies like DeepFakes are allowing you to emulate someone’s voice so maybe one day we can convert the existing speech sounds to sound like Ryan.

Below is a link to a direct .IMG file that needs to be flashed to a new SD card. Essentially, you are writing the .IMG file to the SD card and then swapping it out in your game.

The main benefit is you can keep your original SD card with the stock code and just swap out a new 8gb+ card with this custom firmware flashed and retain the stock card as backup in the event something gets corrupt. 8gb-32gb sizes work fine.

If you have a Mac you can use a free program called DD utility. If you have a PC, you can use Etcher. https://www.balena.io/etcher/

The code is based off v1.02 and currently is for LE/Prem's. If there's enough request either myself or Cleland can do a Pro version.
Please use Rarlabs utility to extract after downloading. https://www.rarlab.com/

Whats changed:

Shooter Grove music: 2 of the 4 songs have been replaced with:
Howlin for you - Black Key's (Instrumental)
Florida - GDFR (Instrumental)

HellHouse music: 4 of 5 sounds have been replaced with:
Diplo - welcome to the Party
Dj Shadow - Nobody speak
Salt-N-Pepa - Shoop
DMX - X Gon Give it to ya

Disco ball mode music replaced with:
Rupert Holmes - Escape (The Piña Colada Song)

Merc Suit Multiball mode music replaced with:
SKRILLEX - Bangarang

Game over music: 1 of 5 sounds replaced with the following:
Teamheadkick - Deadpool Rap

I hope you all enjoy!

#4 4 years ago

I am having difficulty downloading code from Sterns site. Can someone download 1.02 pro code and put it in a dropbox and link it to me?

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Here's a link for the Pro version. It's the full .img file at about 8gigs, so it will take some time to download.
bent98 if you want to download it and compress it with .rar I'll repost.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/btz5c53wa33jgvr/DP_Pro_Cleland_Bent98_final_1.02.img?dl=1

Will do. You want to post host the Prem version on your dropbox?

#11 4 years ago

The cool thing is you burn it to a different card and you can swap it out anytime you want. So when your kids not home or they goto bed, pop the other SDcard in.

#16 4 years ago

Thanks for the feedback. The music is all from the DP movies so putting in The Bee Gees wouldn’t align with the theme. I noticed that about dmz and Diplo song being louder as well. I’ll ask Clelans about normalizing those songs . In your opinion, how much louder are those songs vs the others ?

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I'll adjust those two songs back a couple of DB's and repost both versions.
On the audio meters they look the same, but with compression and such things they can sound different in real life.

Thanks Cleland. Post the links in this thread and I will make the update to the first post.

P.S. Can you zip them on your mac? If not, when I get home on Friday I will download them, rar them up and then share them with you to host.

#21 4 years ago

Unfortunately, we can’t control the duration of the song, that’s hard coded in the firmware. Where we start the song was decided based on how it will end so it loops as seamless as possible. If we start the song where your recommending , it would end on a part of song that will sound like it the track ended abruptly.

#22 4 years ago

Ok,

Please try the new links at the top of the thread and let us know if those songs sound lower compared to the rest of the music

#26 4 years ago

how is the volume on the music? I am going to test a new version from this one that has Salt n Pepa - shoop song with a slightly higher volume.

#27 4 years ago

After further testing, a few songs are still too loud. Expect another update.

Disco ball mode music replaced with:
Rupert Holmes - Escape (The Piña Colada Song)

Merc Suit Multiball mode music replaced with:
SKRILLEX - Bangarang

Game over music: 1 of 5 sounds replaced with the following:
Teamheadkick - Deadpool Rap

#28 4 years ago

Ok, version 3.0 of this firmware is up. Please download and provide feedback.

#30 4 years ago

It’s at the top of the thread .

#32 4 years ago

They work for me

DP LE/Prem-1.02 - v3.0 -https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8ndgt5xr5xvsqi/DP_LE%2BPrem.Cleland.Bent98.finalv3.0-1.02.rar?dl=0
DP Pro-1.02 -v3.0 -https://www.dropbox.com/s/y7p1rtydvfzayd9/DP_Pro_Cleland_Bent98_finalv3.0_1.02.rar?dl=0

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from melumga:Just put in a game on V3 of the music mod. Volumes are much more balanced now. The new music even helped me get a score of 1,882,791,610! An awesome mod which makes the game more fun, IMO, while not removing the great stock music that came with the game. Thanks for doing this and sharing!

Glad to hear it. I hope they add more control over the music in future firmware updates. We'll have to wait and see but for now, this will have to suffice.

Do you have a Pro or Prem/LE? I have a Prem so I want to make sure people test the Pro version as well.

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Any video out there with this? Super curious what it is like during gameplay!

It would be great if someone posted one.

1 week later
#42 4 years ago

You don’t have to rename

#46 4 years ago

I dont think it will wont work if you have a 1.03 firmware from the factory

9 months later
#81 3 years ago

Pinball browser needs to figure out a work around for the block before I can even think about updating my code.

1 week later
#94 3 years ago

I havent tested but i don't see why not. It will most likely downgrade your node board.

#97 3 years ago

There is a bug with Pinball browser for 1.5 code. Lets see if it gets fixed

#99 3 years ago

Yea, I will need some time to get this updated . Works been a bit hectic

2 weeks later
#106 3 years ago

I've been having issues getting the new version of pinball browser working on my end. Dexavator, How do you making an updated version of Cleland and my work? I didn't share my music files with you? I dont mind if you want to assist me while I work through this but you need to ask permission before releasing something.

1 month later
2 months later
2 months later
#133 2 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

can anyone share the 1.05 code for the premium? looks like previous link it expired. Thanks

please refrain from asking people to share link.

Thank you

8 months later
#140 2 years ago

That supports online play so no

3 months later
#157 1 year ago
Quoted from unclerudy:

Where can I find a link to the latest version of this mod for Deadpool Pro?

I sent you a pm

3 weeks later
#172 1 year ago

1.06 DP software has online capabilities and from what I am told, if you connect to stern with modified code you risk being banned. There is sensitivity to using modified code to cheat and also other reasons which is why with 1.06 and its online features, Stern also added new language to the EULA which prohibits users from modifying their code. Personally, I will not be porting my code to version 1.06. I also do not give permission for anyone to take the code and port it to 1.06 and or distribute it. People who want to run that code can simply run two different sd cards and switch back forth between software code. If you have any questions , feel free to DM me.

Thank you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 64.99
$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bent98.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-music-replacement-mod-?tu=bent98 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.