Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 190 posts
  • 85 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by BAMcDonald
  • Topic is favorited by 85 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 190 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 4 years ago

If this is as good as the GOTG soundmod I think this is a mandatory upgrade. Thanks guys for your excellent work.

#52 4 years ago

was under the impression that 1.03 was just for the machines with interconnect switch.

#53 4 years ago

Ok so really cool I have created the new version on SD card. One showstopper for me is the inability to migrate my scores across. I can move settings but that's it. I'm going to have to reset scores as I don't really have any desire to compete with the scores included. my own GC score is way less for example, I'd have to spend hours playing, which compared to JP2, I don't have enough motivation to do.

1 month later
#54 4 years ago

Installed this yesterday for my pro and it's awesome, thanks!

1 week later
#55 4 years ago

“What are you, Keith Elwin?” Made me laugh and lost my ball. Was worth it. The Cleland mod for this game is a must have.

#56 4 years ago

I got a Deadpool Pro not long ago that had 1.03 code from the factory. Will this work with my game?

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

I got a Deadpool Pro not long ago that had 1.03 code from the factory. Will this work with my game?

nope

#58 4 years ago

Hmmm...I have a 1.03 coded Deadpool and it works for me...

#59 4 years ago

It does work but will inactivate some of the node board and coin door switch functions. The difference between 1.02 and 1.03 is the coin door voltage switch was added. Can any of us send the 1.03 code (if there’s a way to get it from the machine) and have a version made?

#60 4 years ago

I went ahead and tried it last night and it worked great in terms of the gameplay and the music. Thanks for this great contribution to the community!

#61 4 years ago

My apologies, could some provide a step by step on how to do this upgrade? I downloaded the Etcher app, I have a new SD card and card reader. I've downloaded the Premium/LE update from dropbox. Now what? Thanks for any help!!!

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

My apologies, could some provide a step by step on how to do this upgrade? I downloaded the Etcher app, I have a new SD card and card reader. I've downloaded the Premium/LE update from dropbox. Now what? Thanks for any help!!!

1. Use 7zip or some other tool to extract the .IMG file from inside the .RAR file that was posted on the dropbox
2. Use Etcher to write the .IMG file to a standard SD card. (Has to be at least 8 gig, I think. I was able to use a 16 gig one with no problem)
3. Turn the game off. Replace the SD card on the CPU board of the game with the one you burned with Etcher, and restart the game.

2 weeks later
#63 4 years ago

Deleted post

#64 4 years ago

I gave a try but some added musics are not so so for me.
Just by curiosity, how are you editing that?
Pinball browser??
I might give a try

Thanks anyway

#65 4 years ago

Best post EVER! This is fantastic, thank you so much!

#66 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

It does work but will inactivate some of the node board and coin door switch functions. The difference between 1.02 and 1.03 is the coin door voltage switch was added. Can any of us send the 1.03 code (if there’s a way to get it from the machine) and have a version made?

Following up on this. Is it possible for us to get the 1.03 code to you so that we can use this awesome update?

#67 4 years ago

(Posted in wrong topic)

2 weeks later
#68 3 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

(Posted in wrong topic)

seems like the right Forum?

2 months later
#69 3 years ago

It seems as though the Dropbox link is not working? Does anybody have this content for the premium? Thank you!

#70 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

It seems as though the Dropbox link is not working? Does anybody have this content for the premium? Thank you!

I just started the download (for the premium). Seems to work just fine?

3 months later
#71 3 years ago

FYI, I took bent98 and cleland 's 1.02 Pro code and extracted their updated sounds. Then downloaded the 1.03 Pro Code and replaced them in there. I also swapped out 2 game over songs with "full" versions of X gonna give it to ya and Nobody Speak. I am going to try and add a handfull of Ryan Reynolds one liners to replace some flipper button callout's during attract mode. I agree it's not a Movie pin, but a few could be fun outside of game play. One thing to note on the Disco Multiball song. There are actually a few call outs by Dracula that reference "Stayin' Alive" not sure if that is a reason to leave it in. Just trying to add my help\thoughts to this project. Once I am happy with my tweaks I'll add a dropbox link for your thoughts. I'll also re-create their version as is for those who don't like my tweaks, but want 1.03 Code It won't hurt my feelings any, I promise.

#72 3 years ago

I am using the mod in my 1.02 Premium and absolutely love it!

However, i would really like the disco loops song to be something more "up-beat" and disco like. The one in the existing mod is a little too slow for my personal taste

#73 3 years ago

Stayin alive would be pretty sweet. I’m not particularly fond of Dracula.

2 weeks later
#74 3 years ago

Bumpity... 1.04 code is out?

#75 3 years ago

yes 1.04 is out just going to need a update from op now if he has the time. would be nice if this gets done i like the dmx music in it, just like the movie sitting on roof top.

#76 3 years ago
Quoted from thc666:

yes 1.04 is out just going to need a update from op now if he has the time. would be nice if this gets done i like the dmx music in it, just like the movie sitting on roof top.

unfortunately, im betting pinball browser is unable to open the new image

#77 3 years ago

Re the 1.04 code....

Just an FYI for people, my machine's original code memory card is bricked from trying to install 1.04. Thank god I have this backup!!

When I tried to install 1.04 it gets to about 75% of unpacking and then just quits. Says "update failed" with no further information. I was panicking....then remembered, hey I made a backup with that Cleland code... thank god! Still have a working machine.

But anyways.... use caution. I wonder if anyone else has had this issue. I was soooo happy when I saw the new code had come out. Would have been nice if it worked.

#78 3 years ago

Installed 1.04 on my LE without any issues.

#79 3 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

Installed 1.04 on my LE without any issues.

Ya man, I have no clue. Mine is a PRO. Tried 2 USB sticks, tried both in both USB ports, etc. Nothing but fails ... always at about 75-80%

I would imagine most will work fine. I'm going to actually go get a new 16gb card, flash it with 1.02, and try again. I'm just happy I have one with working code. I only have 2 machines lol I was like well shit this sucks, guess I won't be playing DP for a while...

I was just saying for the record it DID fail for me....

#80 3 years ago

Look here for SD card recovery images.

https://sternpinball.com/support/sd-cards/

#81 3 years ago

Pinball browser needs to figure out a work around for the block before I can even think about updating my code.

#82 3 years ago

Nice... Thanks.

On a hunch, thought it was running out of space I went and bought a 32 gb card and tried it with that (was trying with 8 gb cards) and it worked. Woot. New code is nice. Finally more scores to beat...

#83 3 years ago

I have cleland code on my gotg and love it. I own DP premium. Where is the Dropbox link for 1.03 premium? Thanks

#84 3 years ago

Looks like we'll be back to square one with the new 1.04 code. Think I'll revert to my original SD and update it as I don't want to miss the fixes and tweaks.

#85 3 years ago

Has Stern done something to actively block the use of Pinballbrowser?

#86 3 years ago

NOOOO this is my favorite custom code for any game, love the extra songs. I hope someone can find a way!

#87 3 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

Has Stern done something to actively block the use of Pinballbrowser?

They are modifying their code in ways that make pinball browser not function.

#88 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

They are modifying their code in ways that make pinball browser not function.

They should rethink that because there are many pins I bought/kept because someone has modified the code to make it better. Here is the short list

Beatles - I can put 4 different albums
GOTG - Cleland Mod with real actors
JP - Actual movie clips
DP - new music
TMNT - 1987 Cartoon clips and original music

These keep the games fresh and a lot of times enhances them for the better. JP with real movie clips is the way it should of been from the beginning but I get that costs more for licensing etc. Let people have fun with modifying it

#89 3 years ago

As someone that is interested in snagging a deadpool, this mod is one of the main reasons why I'm interested. Stern has been actively releasing code updates over the past 6+ months that seem to brick PB Browser. I'm a JP Premium owner and it was the same situation there with the development of the custom audio and video mod. Hopefully PB Browser can overcome this new code bricking and we can get a new version of this audio package out there. I read the readme on the new code update and it does seem fairly substantial unfortunately vs. it being a nothing update like the most recent JP code.

#90 3 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

As someone that is interested in snagging a deadpool, this mod is one of the main reasons why I'm interested. Stern has been actively releasing code updates over the past 6+ months that seem to brick PB Browser. I'm a JP Premium owner and it was the same situation there with the development of the custom audio and video mod. Hopefully PB Browser can overcome this new code bricking and we can get a new version of this audio package out there. I read the readme on the new code update and it does seem fairly substantial unfortunately vs. it being a nothing update like the most recent JP code.

I'm in exactly the same boat as you also owning both. But yeah JP recent update brings little to the table so little worry about whether Tim sorts a new version of his custom A/V package. On the other hand I hope the new Deadpool code can be sorted so we can go back to enjoying the custom audio again but not holding my breath.

#92 3 years ago

New code is nice. But now I miss how good it sounded with this sound mod.
Patiently waiting for the great sounds to come back.

#93 3 years ago

Has anyone confirmed if I pull the card with the custom code/sounds and install my stock one and 1.05 code, that I can then just swap the cards back and it will go back to 1.02 custom without issue?

#94 3 years ago

I havent tested but i don't see why not. It will most likely downgrade your node board.

#95 3 years ago

Sounds like pinball browser can now be used to update the custom code now. Do you guys think you would consider updating this amazing code anytime soon? Thanks for your efforts!!!

#96 3 years ago

That would be awesome! I am not updating to the new code until this is possible. I would like all the new stuff but the wife and I love the music replacement too much to change it.

#97 3 years ago

There is a bug with Pinball browser for 1.5 code. Lets see if it gets fixed

#98 3 years ago

It's awesome news to hear that you are working on an update. And it seems he is very committed to making Pinball Browser work. He just released a version 7.61 with a Deadpool specific fix in it.

#99 3 years ago

Yea, I will need some time to get this updated . Works been a bit hectic

#100 3 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

Yea, I will need some time to get this updated . Works been a bit hectic

Thanks brother!!! Amazing work my dude!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Papillion, NE
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grovetown, GA
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

There are 190 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-music-replacement-mod-/page/2?hl=thc666 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.