Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by Smokezz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 days ago

A few weeks ago while having a little pinball party, we had a "chlorine" type smell in the games room. No one there could pinpoint it to a specific machine and every game was working as it should. The last week or so, I've been playing Deadpool a lot and I suspect the smell was coming from DP. Gameplay is working fine, however some of the lights around the playfield will randomly start flickering.

Hitting the flippers will usually trigger it. Sometimes you'll see a couple of the drop target lights flicker - like D E. Or instead of just one of the top lane skill shot lights being lit up, 2 or 3 will be lit. The inlane/outlane lights, sometimes during play multiple will be lit. There doesn't seem be a pattern to which lights are doing it.

Any pointers as to what would be causing it? One of the node boards? (The node board test runs fine)

#2 11 days ago

Not sure about the chlorine smell but I had similar light flickering after adding shaker motor

I reseated all led board connections

From stern

Let's go ahead and disconnect and reseat the communication cables on the LED boards as well.
This will refresh the connection on the communication between those boards, and in most cases this will take care of the issue you're having.

#3 11 days ago

Start with uninstalling any mods that draw power

#4 11 days ago
Quoted from Smokezz:

A few weeks ago while having a little pinball party, we had a "chlorine" type smell in the games room. No one there could pinpoint it to a specific machine and every game was working as it should. The last week or so, I've been playing Deadpool a lot and I suspect the smell was coming from DP. Gameplay is working fine, however some of the lights around the playfield will randomly start flickering.
Hitting the flippers will usually trigger it. Sometimes you'll see a couple of the drop target lights flicker - like D E. Or instead of just one of the top lane skill shot lights being lit up, 2 or 3 will be lit. The inlane/outlane lights, sometimes during play multiple will be lit. There doesn't seem be a pattern to which lights are doing it.
Any pointers as to what would be causing it? One of the node boards? (The node board test runs fine)

Does it happen whenever you hit the flipper or the slings fire? If so, check to see if there is a cable running across the lugs of the sling coil on the right. That’s what was causing all of my random flickering.

#5 11 days ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Does it happen whenever you hit the flipper or the slings fire? If so, check to see if there is a cable running across the lugs of the sling coil on the right. That’s what was causing all of my random flickering.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/319#post-7990252

From the owners thread.

#6 11 days ago

Yepper! That was indeed the problem. The wires were routed over top of the lugs exactly like yours were. I guess the coil is drawing a little more power now since it just started happening recently, so it's transferring just enough power to those LED wires to make them flicker. As you said in your post, it was driving me nuts!

Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

8,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rockledge, FL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

8,536 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModMood

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-lights-flicker-occassionally and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.