• Latest reply 46 days ago by KC_Green
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

capture deadpool (resized).JPG
#1 5 years ago

Recently started noticing an issue with my Deadpool pro. Seemed to be after the code update. I tried a full install again and no changes. Wondering if anyone else has seen this or if my issue is something else.

The insert lights will randomly flash...mostly when I hit the flipper buttons. The top lanes RGB arrows, and the mode or enemy and playfield multiplier inserts will flash and blink randomly now.

Not sure if it is something I need to contact Stern about or something I can fix myself. Wondering if anyone has had this problem and how you solved it.

Thanks

#2 5 years ago

Given it's a new game, Stern should have no problem suggesting things to try. That said, I'd do the basics first.

- Make sure all the node board connectors are good. Reseat them all. They'll look like ethernet cables.
- Make sure the connectors leading from the lights that flicker to the node boards are reseated.
- Try wiggling them a bit while the game is on, and see if you get any unintended effects
- Which insert lights? All of them? Or just a specific handful? Which ones?

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from jfesler:

Given it's a new game, Stern should have no problem suggesting things to try. That said, I'd do the basics first.
- Make sure all the node board connectors are good. Reseat them all. They'll look like ethernet cables.
- Make sure the connectors leading from the lights that flicker to the node boards are reseated.
- Try wiggling them a bit while the game is on, and see if you get any unintended effects

Seems to be a specific handful that are doing it. I will try what you mentioned above and see if thay works. If not I will call Stern.

Thanks!

#4 5 years ago

Same thing is happening to a location dead pool I play.

#5 5 years ago

Send issues to stern to fix code.

2 weeks later
#6 5 years ago
Quoted from jfesler:

Forgot to post back on this one. Issue resolved. Was exactly as you mentioned. Thanks!

1 week later
#7 5 years ago

Hi, I am also having this issue with my Deadpool Pro.
What did you end up doing to fix the issue?
Thx

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from jfesler:

Make sure all the node board connectors are good. Reseat them all. They'll look like ethernet cables.

Quoted from Murphelman:

Issue resolved. Was exactly as you mentioned.

2 months later
#9 5 years ago

Hello,

I own this used pinball for a few days and I see the same problems.

I am French and use Google translation to understand all the posts but the translation is not reliable.

Have you checked the cables that are shown in blue and purple on the following image? or other cables?

Thank you

capture deadpool (resized).JPGcapture deadpool (resized).JPG

#10 5 years ago

Hey
I’m having the same problem. Tommy at Nitro told me to reseed the wires on all the led boards and it seemed work but a week later the problem came back ‍♂️

#11 5 years ago

Hey
I’m having the same problem. Tommy at Nitro told me to reseed the wires on all the led boards and it seemed work but a week later the problem came back

#12 5 years ago

I’m also having a number of other issues. First off the coin door mecs didn’t work at all out of the box (Heard other people complaining bout the same thing) My little Deadpool drop targets have a mind of there own sometimes and don’t all go down when hit. My Hell house scoop switch broke where the plastic meets the metal on the bottom near the soldering I’ve replaced it but now seems to not register about one and every 20 scoop shots and also my plunger spring clip broke on location and made my machine look like a complete piece of shiit the spring shot off into the machine and plunger was just useless. I know this is stuff operators have to deal with but my machines only 2 months old and seems like all these things shouldn’t be breaking so fast

3 weeks later
#13 4 years ago

I have had a similiar issue with lights flashing when hitting right bumper.

It slowly gets worse the more games I play.

If I reseat the 3 connectors on Node 8 around CN3 (the right ones on this board when table flipped up) it seems to fix it for a while then comes back.

Vireland recommended removing the bulbs to see it that helps but does seem to make a difference so far.

Would really like a permanent fix, must be a loose wire in one of those connectors.

3 years later
#14 1 year ago

I just wanted to add another similar experience to this thread. My Deadpool has a handful of inserts that randomly flash. I am not opposed to replacing the CAT cables as a permanent fix, but I was wondering how everyone else is doing with this (seemingly) relatively common problem.
-Kyros

4 months later
#15 11 months ago

Adding that we are having the same issue. Anyone find a more permanent fix for it?

#16 11 months ago

Me too. I’ll look at all the connectors.

#17 10 months ago

FYI reseating RJ45 connectors fixed my wires weird light issue.

#18 10 months ago

I'm gonna try that today. Will report back.

#19 10 months ago

I reset all the connections. It's much better, but the top lights still have some flicker.
Would replacing the Cat5 type cables address it?

3 weeks later
#20 10 months ago

Finally got it solved. There was a loose connection (needed re-soldering) on the 8b board. When wiggled, it showed up immediately. The 8 and 8B boards were affecting a lot of lights.

8 months later
#21 46 days ago
Quoted from Vandy_95:

Finally got it solved. There was a loose connection (needed re-soldering) on the 8b board. When wiggled, it showed up immediately. The 8 and 8B boards were affecting a lot of lights.

Where is the 8 and 8B boards? Is there a link to schematics somewhere you're referencing?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-insert-light-problems and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.