You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2fy5do (resized).jpg
boom (resized).jpg
boomtown13 (resized).jpg
A2422FA8-57B9-4558-AFB2-21457966E484.png

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

Do I have a Deadpool costume on the way, for the reveal stream on the 15th?

Yes.

Will I be shoving socks down the front of the suit?

More than usual.

Tune in AUG 15th for the game-play reveal of Stern Pinball’s newest #DEADPOOL⁠ ⁠ Pinball machine!

Twitch.tv/dead_flip

A2422FA8-57B9-4558-AFB2-21457966E484.pngA2422FA8-57B9-4558-AFB2-21457966E484.png
#2 5 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Do I have a Deadpool costume on the way, for the reveal stream on the 15th?
Yes.
Will I be shoving socks down the front of the suit?
More than usual.
Tune in AUG 15th for the game-play reveal of Stern Pinball’s newest #DEADPOOL⁠ ⁠ Pinball machine!
Twitch.tv/dead_flip
[quoted image]

MAXIMUM EFFORT!

#3 5 years ago

Daddy needs to express some rage!
YES!

#4 5 years ago

Just don't forget the brown pants.

1 week later
#6 5 years ago

I’ll be at work during the stream today. Will it be saved for replay?

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I’ll be at work during the stream today. Will it be saved for replay?

Good question. They pulled down the last video so no one could see it for some reason.

#8 5 years ago

Nobody knows. Tune in or don't.

I wouldn't sweat it anyway. We'll all be playing this game within a couple weeks.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I wouldn't sweat it anyway....

The drama is all the fun. Just hoping for another GB reveal... What a hilarious shit show that was. Or the 3 hours of SW finally resulting in a non functioning Death Star? Classics.
Whats the over under and messages saying "avengers?"

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Whats the over under and messages saying "avengers?"

I'm waiting to hear the RedNeck voice overs myself.

#11 5 years ago

I just hope they have a microphone near a speaker so we can hear what the game sounds like.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

I just hope they have a microphone near a speaker so we can hear what the game sounds like.

Jack was streaming Guardians the other day with direct feed of the video and audio. I'm assuming he'll use that setup for the stream today.

#13 5 years ago

Looking forward to another great reveal video!

I hope it's archived on YT though, I won't be able to watch until late tonight...

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I wouldn't sweat it anyway. We'll all be playing this game within a couple weeks.

I appreciate your perspective. My post is not a veliled complaint. I’m genuinely interested in the video. I will be at work during the stream and would like to view it after.

Dead Flip’s production quality along with comments from developers are superior to most. I live in a pinball desert. No one within a few hundred miles of me will be playing Deadpool soon unless I buy one.

#15 5 years ago

Jack is fucking great and I'm excited as hell to watch the video. At the risk of sounding super weird, I'd love to hang out with the guy. He seems like an awesome dude.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

At the risk of sounding super weird, I'd love to hang out with the guy. He seems like an awesome dude.

12 Reasons You Should Never Meet Your Hero

By Justin Hook, September 21st 2012
You’ve read everything he’s ever written, seen everything he’s ever done. He or she has changed your life and the way you think. You share the same brain. When at last you meet, there will be an instant connection, and the two of you will become lasting friends — or better yet, mentor and mentee. At least, that’s what would happen if it weren’t for these 12 small problems:

1. You won’t make an impression. It may be hard to believe, but “I’m your biggest fan,” is about the least impressive thing you can say to someone who hears it almost constantly — in fact, I’m pretty sure the guy in front of you just said exactly that, and he’s got the tattoo to prove it.

2. You will embarrass yourself. So you’ve got to think of a new line and fast. Suddenly it’s your turn. You decide to tell that story about how your hero gave your life new meaning, but you immediately realize this story is long and uninteresting, so you stop and ask what you think is a really insightful question. He responds with a nod, which, you realize, is all it really deserved since it wasn’t actually a question after all, but now he’s talking to someone else — you missed your chance. Also, your fly is down.

3. He will be mean to you. This might be the greatest moment of your life, but for him, this is just another tedious stop on a press tour he’s contractually obligated to attend if he wants to get his paycheck and go home to his enormous but empty house. No doubt, the contrast between your happiness and his indifference will make him come across as mean. But he’s not mean, he just couldn’t care less about you!

4. He will be nice to you. Even worse than finding out your hero is mean is finding out he’s overly nice — like, eager to hear what you have to say. What, this guy doesn’t have friends? He cares what some know-nothing 20-something has to say about his seminal work of genius? How needy is this guy?!

5. He won’t care about the thing you care about. In fact, he may seem less familiar with his own work than you are. In his defense, do you remember that paper you wrote your sophomore year? No? Well, that’s probably about what it’s like for him, even if two million people read his.

6. He will ask you for money. Twenty dollars for his newest work didn’t seem like much, but when a millionaire is staring you blankly in the face with his hand outstretched, even figuratively, suddenly it seems like a lot. Like seriously, you can’t just let me have this? You can’t spare one copy for your biggest fan? What a miser.

7. He won’t remember you. If this is not the first time you’ve met him, it’s sure going to feel like it is. DON’T YOU REMEMBER THAT THING I SAID THAT ONE TIME ABOUT BEING YOUR BIGGEST FAN?

8. He will try to get rid of you. Assuming all goes well in your brief encounter, you won’t want to leave. And chances are you won’t, until he makes it abundantly clear he wants you gone. There’s nothing like the feeling of your biggest hero trying to be rid of you forever.

9. He will be far more interested in that annoying girl than he is you. Yep, the one whose LMFAO ringtone went off while he was talking. What could he possibly see in this dumb blonde that he doesn’t see in a fat nerd such as yourself? He’s only human, after all. Just be glad he’s not after your girlfriend, And if he is, well, console yourself with the fact that it’s happened to the best of ’em. Charlie Chaplin borrowed his wife from a young JD Salinger. What, that didn’t make you feel better? Sorry.

10. He will have a wallet chain. Or some equally bizarre affectation that makes you question everything you’ve ever believed in. An ear ring, really? And are those Crocs?

11. He will seem surprisingly average. Unless you pictured your hero as a kind of short, aging guy with sunken eyes, you’ll invariably be disappointed by how simply human he is. He doesn’t exude an aura of greatness — in fact, he seems like a guy who watches a lot of sports on TV, leaving you to wonder: is this the pinnacle of mankind? Is this what I have to aspire to?

12. He won’t be your hero anymore. You’ll view his newest work with a sense of disenchantment — after all, he’s just some guy who was flip to you that one time. He’s pretty good at what he does, but I mean, whatever. He’s not like a god or something. There are no heroes.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

At the risk of sounding super weird, I'd love to hang out with the guy....

Its only weird due to proximity. If you were a couple states away it wouldn't seem weird

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from LoveNeverDiesGuy:

Unless you pictured your hero as a kind of short, aging guy with sunken eyes, you’ll invariably be disappointed by how simply human he is. He doesn’t exude an aura of greatness...

Jack is neither short or aged. He does appear human when wearing clothes. His aura of greatness is unmistakable within a one meter radius although it fades gradually to OKness at three meters and only vague likability at ten meters. DeadFlip

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from LoveNeverDiesGuy:

12 Reasons You Should Never Meet Your Hero
By Justin Hook, September 21st 2012
You’ve read everything he’s ever written, seen everything he’s ever done. He or she has changed your life and the way you think. You share the same brain. When at last you meet, there will be an instant connection, and the two of you will become lasting friends — or better yet, mentor and mentee. At least, that’s what would happen if it weren’t for these 12 small problems:
1. You won’t make an impression. It may be hard to believe, but “I’m your biggest fan,” is about the least impressive thing you can say to someone who hears it almost constantly — in fact, I’m pretty sure the guy in front of you just said exactly that, and he’s got the tattoo to prove it.
2. You will embarrass yourself. So you’ve got to think of a new line and fast. Suddenly it’s your turn. You decide to tell that story about how your hero gave your life new meaning, but you immediately realize this story is long and uninteresting, so you stop and ask what you think is a really insightful question. He responds with a nod, which, you realize, is all it really deserved since it wasn’t actually a question after all, but now he’s talking to someone else — you missed your chance. Also, your fly is down.
3. He will be mean to you. This might be the greatest moment of your life, but for him, this is just another tedious stop on a press tour he’s contractually obligated to attend if he wants to get his paycheck and go home to his enormous but empty house. No doubt, the contrast between your happiness and his indifference will make him come across as mean. But he’s not mean, he just couldn’t care less about you!
4. He will be nice to you. Even worse than finding out your hero is mean is finding out he’s overly nice — like, eager to hear what you have to say. What, this guy doesn’t have friends? He cares what some know-nothing 20-something has to say about his seminal work of genius? How needy is this guy?!
5. He won’t care about the thing you care about. In fact, he may seem less familiar with his own work than you are. In his defense, do you remember that paper you wrote your sophomore year? No? Well, that’s probably about what it’s like for him, even if two million people read his.
6. He will ask you for money. Twenty dollars for his newest work didn’t seem like much, but when a millionaire is staring you blankly in the face with his hand outstretched, even figuratively, suddenly it seems like a lot. Like seriously, you can’t just let me have this? You can’t spare one copy for your biggest fan? What a miser.
7. He won’t remember you. If this is not the first time you’ve met him, it’s sure going to feel like it is. DON’T YOU REMEMBER THAT THING I SAID THAT ONE TIME ABOUT BEING YOUR BIGGEST FAN?
8. He will try to get rid of you. Assuming all goes well in your brief encounter, you won’t want to leave. And chances are you won’t, until he makes it abundantly clear he wants you gone. There’s nothing like the feeling of your biggest hero trying to be rid of you forever.
9. He will be far more interested in that annoying girl than he is you. Yep, the one whose LMFAO ringtone went off while he was talking. What could he possibly see in this dumb blonde that he doesn’t see in a fat nerd such as yourself? He’s only human, after all. Just be glad he’s not after your girlfriend, And if he is, well, console yourself with the fact that it’s happened to the best of ’em. Charlie Chaplin borrowed his wife from a young JD Salinger. What, that didn’t make you feel better? Sorry.
10. He will have a wallet chain. Or some equally bizarre affectation that makes you question everything you’ve ever believed in. An ear ring, really? And are those Crocs?
11. He will seem surprisingly average. Unless you pictured your hero as a kind of short, aging guy with sunken eyes, you’ll invariably be disappointed by how simply human he is. He doesn’t exude an aura of greatness — in fact, he seems like a guy who watches a lot of sports on TV, leaving you to wonder: is this the pinnacle of mankind? Is this what I have to aspire to?
12. He won’t be your hero anymore. You’ll view his newest work with a sense of disenchantment — after all, he’s just some guy who was flip to you that one time. He’s pretty good at what he does, but I mean, whatever. He’s not like a god or something. There are no heroes.

Exactly why I don't want to meet Tony Danza. Well except for 6. Dude is loaded, prolly.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

At the risk of sounding super weird, I'd love to hang out with the guy.

Spend too much time around pinball, and soon you will be having only guys at your crib.

#21 5 years ago

I’m gonna pick up chimichangas, and not because of this but because I’m hungry AF

#24 5 years ago

Is it on Twitch?

#25 5 years ago

Ted. It looks like it starts at 5:30 PM eastern.

Twitch.tv/dead_flip

Info here...
https://www.instagram.com/p/BmgKojiFy00/?taken-by=dead_flip

#27 5 years ago

wednesday is here.
demo day in BOOM.town.

boomtown13 (resized).jpgboomtown13 (resized).jpg
#28 5 years ago
Quoted from Jgel:

Ted. It looks like it starts at 5:30 PM eastern.
Twitch.tv/dead_flip
Info here...
https://www.instagram.com/p/BmgKojiFy00/?taken-by=dead_flip

what time is that here in the U.K.?

Edit: thank you google, that’s 10:30pm, not long

#29 5 years ago
boom (resized).jpgboom (resized).jpg
#30 5 years ago

DeadFlip you had better give this maximum effort

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Its only weird due to proximity. If you were a couple states away it wouldn't seem weird

Weird due to proximity...............BOOM!

#32 5 years ago

I have to sign up for instagram to watch this?

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

I have to sign up for instagram to watch this?

Nope. It's on at Twitch.tv/dead_flip

#34 5 years ago

Shoots really smooth - nothing like AV.

#35 5 years ago

Pin looks awesome but software is eveything for me , lets see if he can code better then kiss and mustang

#36 5 years ago

Game looks great, love the graphics and sound

#37 5 years ago

Well, not really a Deadpool fan. Pin looks ok.....onward to Elvira, Munsters, Willy Wonka and Beatles....

#38 5 years ago

LOVE all the all retro arcade FX in the game...

#39 5 years ago

Graphics and humor are really good. I obviously wont know till I play it but the layout isn't lighting me on fire but i'm also only watching on my cramped phone.

#40 5 years ago

Now add a disco ball, and what do you have? Maybe something like Pop Rocks in Redbull.

#41 5 years ago

love the music. game looks great. jack tore it up on that first ball 500,000 or something.

#42 5 years ago

Overall it looks really good, the most excited I have been for any of the Stern reveals. I'm sure its not an issue when you play it but its hard to watch a stream of this pin. That playfield is super busy with the direct over head view.

#43 5 years ago

chicks dig the long ball [times].

#44 5 years ago
2fy5do (resized).jpg2fy5do (resized).jpg
#45 5 years ago

Everyone playing is significantly better than me but even still I am surprised by the long ball times. The outlane ball save seems too easy to get for these guys.

Anyway, game looks fun. I am looking forward to playing it.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Well, not really a Deadpool fan. Pin looks ok.....onward to Elvira, Munsters, Willy Wonka and Beatles....

Onward, don't you mean backwards

#47 5 years ago

It's definitely a Gomez design: plays long just like LOTR & BM66......

#48 5 years ago

I didn't know what to think from the pictures of the playfield, but I must admit that it looks like a really fun and clever shooter.

#49 5 years ago

Great job stern. I hope to see it on location soon.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Onward, don't you mean backwards

Good point! As Deadpool is more of a 90s theme.

So to go forward, you would have to go further back than that. Unless of course you have a time machine or a DeLorean, then you can kind of skip all around the past. Good luck trying to get back to the future though.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 39.00
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
6,800 (Firm)
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-game-play-reveal/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.