• Latest reply 4 months ago by BAMcDonald
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DeadPOOL, pinball, Lights Not Working-01 (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

my DP Premium is having intermittent issue with some of the lights. the top lane lights and the EB light between the flippers do not come on when i plunge the ball (skill shot and ball save) and also do not test well during single light test. which is weird is that they work find in "ALL lights" test or if several top lanes are on during play and i switch them around...

It also progressively gets better after several games... I tried pushing all the cables for those node board but it didn't seem to do much. The game is on the latest code and was working fine before, any thoughts?

#2 1 year ago

no luck then? I guess Stern support is the next stop...

2 months later
#3 1 year ago

i still have the issue on this machine, not heard back from Stern yet, anyone has had similar issue?

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

i still have the issue on this machine, not heard back from Stern yet, anyone has had similar issue?

I have a DP Pro that has issues with the top lane “BAM!” roll over lane lights. The flipper change select will ghost 2 or 3 at a time when it should only light one at a time, etc. Problem sometimes goes away and then comes back throughout a single game. I’ve tried reseating the cables many times with no luck. Reached out to Stern recently but haven’t heard anything yet.

#5 1 year ago

I had this issue on my DP. I had to replace both 0.100" connectors CN2 and CN3 on the right side of node board 8.

#6 1 year ago

Wow that's a long response period.

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

I have a DP Pro that has issues with the top lane “BAM!” roll over lane lights. The flipper change select will ghost 2 or 3 at a time when it should only light one at a time, etc. Problem sometimes goes away and then comes back throughout a single game. I’ve tried reseating the cables many times with no luck. Reached out to Stern recently but haven’t heard anything yet.

that does sound exactly like what mine is doing...

Quoted from schudel5:

I had this issue on my DP. I had to replace both 0.100" connectors CN2 and CN3 on the right side of node board 8.

definitely where i would go next, seems like replacing connectors help.

1 month later
#8 1 year ago

Hi,
this sounds similar to what my DP Pro is showing:

Bonus Multiplier Lights (2x 3x ...) are not counting at all. But they are flashing together with the rest.

BOOM Lanes are shifted by one.
Activate B -> First O is lighting Up.
Activate First O -> T-Rex is lighting up.
Activate Second O -> M Is Lighting up.
This is continuing along the POOL Targets, Right Diamonds up to the BAM!.

It looks like one bit is shifted? But only during playing a game. In the demo mode it seems to work fine.

The error is coming and going and I wasn't able to perform the lamp test as it was always gone until I tried it.
Except for the Bonus Multiplier this is mostly not working at all during a game but works during the lamp test.

All the lights are connected to node board 8 if I am not mistaken.

hisokajp : Did replacing the CN2 and CN3 connectors solve your problem?

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from Nano271:

Hi,
this sounds similar to what my DP Pro is showing:
Bonus Multiplier Lights (2x 3x ...) are not counting at all. But they are flashing together with the rest.
BOOM Lanes are shifted by one.
Activate B -> First O is lighting Up.
Activate First O -> T-Rex is lighting up.
Activate Second O -> M Is Lighting up.
This is continuing along the POOL Targets, Right Diamonds up to the BAM!.
It looks like one bit is shifted? But only during playing a game. In the demo mode it seems to work fine.
The error is coming and going and I wasn't able to perform the lamp test as it was always gone until I tried it.
Except for the Bonus Multiplier this is mostly not working at all during a game but works during the lamp test.
All the lights are connected to node board 8 if I am not mistaken.
hisokajp : Did replacing the CN2 and CN3 connectors solve your problem?

i have not replaced anything yet, mostly remove and replugged all the connectors which for now is still working.

4 months later
#10 1 year ago

I am having the same experience with the on location pro deadpool game that I play quite often. If lights are working, I do good, If lights are not working with the switches and/or flippers, then I do not do so good. I may as well be wearing a blindfold win it is not working.

DeadPOOL, pinball, Lights Not Working-01 (resized).jpg
10 months later
#11 4 months ago

Just wanted to say that I had the same exact issue as described above with Node 8 functioning intermittently. I unplugged the ethernet cable and plugged it back in and cycled the power and it started working as it should. I hope to find that this fix lasts.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
NinjaCamp Mods
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-controlled-light-intermittent-works-after-a-few-game- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.