• Latest reply 1 year ago by Av8
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4869 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

I had an issue with the center drop targets on my Deadpool LE. I think this mech is the same on all versions of the game. I thought I would post it here in case anyone else has the same issue:

1. Occasionally a shot would brick and bounce back (usually off the middle target) without knocking it down.
2. When 1 or 2 targets were already down and the game would trip the targets (lower all of them) it often wouldn't work reliably and the remaining targets would stay up. The software seems to correct this by reseting the targets (i.e. raising all 3) then it would trip them again and all 3 would fall. I could also demonstrate this in coil test after reseting the targets and then tripping them 3 three would go down. But if I knocked down 1 or 2 targets with my finger the the coil could not trip the remaining targets reliably.

Why this was happening:

When I took the mech off the playfield it worked great. The problem was top of the targets are much wider than the lower part of targets. When some of the drop targets were down this wider top part would hit on the back of the slot in the playfield preventing the remaining raised targets from being pushed back enough to be released. Because the middle of the drops is thinner this was only an issue when at least one target was already down. It turns out on my game this the drop target mech was mounted about 1-2 mm too far back (away from the player).

The fix:

I removed the mech. Filled the existing holes in the bottom of the playfield with tooth picks and wood glue. Remounted the mech slightly closer to the player end of the playfield. It works great now.

You might ask why make new holes with you can just put some washers between the mech and the playfield so the whole thing leans towards the player a little. This also fixes the issue without moving the screw holes. Except that the back edge of the drop targets is now a little higher in the lowered position and ball now frequently gets stuck behind the lowered drop targets. Don't ask me how I know this.

IMG_4869 (resized).jpgIMG_4869 (resized).jpg
#2 5 years ago

Thanks for the great how to. I haven’t had this issue with mine but great for future reference.
This is why I like this community, bunch of great pinheads!

4 years later
#3 1 year ago

My 2022 Deadpool is having drop target issues. They are not falling with a hard direct hit.

Should I contact Stern? I do not want to move the mech. TIA.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
Machine - For Sale
Bryn Athyn, PA
$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-center-drop-target-issue?hl=jeep-mustang and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.