Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

maxresdefault (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

After playing a Deadpool Premium, I have decided I want one. Should I buy one NIB at full price? Or should I wait until a gently used one pops up in the marketplace? Obviously, buying a NIB is gonna cost at least $1k more than buying a used one. However, what are the chances a used one comes up for sale anywhere near the Atlanta area?

#2 4 years ago

If you absolutely have to have it now, buy new. If you don’t mind waiting, get a used one later. I had a pro and it was really nice. Lots of pros for sale around $5000 if you wanted to save a little cash

#3 4 years ago

I dont think your gonna save 1k in the first year.....

If you have funds for a nib, promise you DP is not one you will regret getting new. Its been my favorite nib purchase so far.

#4 4 years ago

Same position here. Looking for a LE and not seeing anything pop up locally.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from rogerroger:

After playing a Deadpool Premium, I have decided I want one. Should I buy one NIB at full price? Or should I wait until a gently used one pops up in the marketplace? Obviously, buying a NIB is gonna cost at least $1k more than buying a used one. However, what are the chances a used one comes up for sale anywhere near the Atlanta area?

Given the surging popularity of the Deadpool Prem/LE with the recent software updates, it will be hard to get a used one at enough of a discount (if at all). Pros are all that seem to pop up in any numbers. Might as well go NIB if you want a Prem/LE (which I recommend).

#6 4 years ago
maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg
#7 4 years ago

If you want to save $1k on buying used, you should be looking at games like MET, ST, GB....the games that now have a high supply of and low buyer volume.

That said, this hobby is all about timing. I inquired locally for a used premium or LE before pulling the trigger new. 3 days after my check went through, someone local posted a DP Prem for sale. However, it was only $300 cheaper than new (w/shaker) so really $400 cheaper than new.

That begs the next question; At what point do you say it’s worth new vs used. $400 savings and you can have it that day? Even if that game came up for sale before my check cleared I would have stuck with the NIB, but some may go used for $400 savings and locally pick it up.

All in all; two things to consider: timing and what price difference will keep you from going new.

#8 4 years ago

I was able to purchase a used deadpool Le for about $800 cheaper than a nib. At this price point with newer sterns i recommend buying one used. Right now theres a lot of bk's and munsters going around used so the market is good for used buyers. I do think finding a prem might be a little hard seem most went with a pro first and LE second. Put an ad out and see what bites you can get. If not and you want it now buy new

#9 4 years ago

IMO for the ~200-400 you'll save waiting for a used one, it's worth it to get a new one fresh out of the box. Unless I'm way off on what the used market usually is, personally I'd rather pay 5500 or whatever for a pro and get it brand new than get a routed one for 4900 in six months.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from evanc:

IMO for the ~200-400 you'll save waiting for a used one, it's worth it to get a new one fresh out of the box. Unless I'm way off on what the used market usually is, personally I'd rather pay 5500 or whatever for a pro and get it brand new than get a routed one for 4900 in six months.

Ha, six months! We sold the Munsters Pro for $4900 after ONE month.

#11 4 years ago

Yeah, I'm leaning towards NIB as I don't see a used one coming up for sale in the Atlanta area or within a few hours driving.
As for premium or LE, I would be happy with either.

I just need to decide which distributor to buy from.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from rogerroger:

Yeah, I'm leaning towards NIB as I don't see a used one coming up for sale in the Atlanta area or within a few hours driving.

Hemispheres amusements is where the one we put out on route here came from. They're great to deal with.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from rogerroger:

We’d be happy to help ya. We have a lot of happy customers in Atl area and we will be supporting the Southern Fried Show by having a booth with the newest pins to play. Call or message us and we will ship one right out to ya.

Zach Meny
Flip N Out Pinball
[email protected]

#14 4 years ago

You are going to be waiting a longtime for a used one. This game is super hot and there is currently too many of us waiting for a HUO. I foolishly didn’t pull the trigger on a pro when I had the chance because I wanted to play the premium........6 months later and I am still waiting for a pro.

#15 4 years ago

I go huo all day everyday unless the difference bw nib is 400 or so less. For that difference I'll go nib but if it's 600 700 etc which you can typically find, huo no question about it, especially for these newer games.

#16 4 years ago

Unfortunately not many used dead pools coming up for sale recently due to its popularity from the new code updates. Both pro and premiums are really good and your not losing a lot on the pro and its 2k cheaper. I think its one of sterns best releases over the past few years bc of its unique layout, beautiful art and really good code now. No wrong awnser here but id probably buy a nib if u don't wanna wait. Another thing to note is it didn't sell real well at the start so there are not a ton of pros and premiums out there.... and there are still nib le available also.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

two things to consider: timing and what price difference will keep you from going new.

two more things to consider: shipping and sales tax.

and dont forget you have no chance of getting a signed replica katana in your cabinet if you buy used.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grovetown, GA
$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 64.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-buy-nib-vs-wait-for-a-used-one?hl=evanc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.