(Topic ID: 227565)

Deadpool #40 one day, #1 the next? (Top 100)

By javagrind888

6 months ago

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by SLeRiC
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 months ago

On the top 100 list, is it strange that Deadpool was #40 one day then jumps to #1 the next? In the days of review padding, I'm just wondering.

#2 6 months ago

javagrind888,I've often wondered about that as well!! Do you think its a marketing thing??? I have a DP/LE and I think its fantistic,but no.1HMMMMM????

#3 6 months ago

I'm liking the game a lot. It needs more code though, especially something with Wolverine.

#4 6 months ago

Deadpool LE probably just qualified for the top100 list with only 17 ratings (if I remember right, 15 votes was the threshold). The pro has 70+ ratings. Since the LE score is higher than the pro version, and since since the highest score between versions of the game will take priority, the title was placed higher up on the list.

I'm sure the rating for the LE version will level off and go back down over time as it accumulates more ratings.

There's no conspiracy here. This just happens every time a new game comes out and people get excited about it.

#5 6 months ago

Happens with every new release. It’s like Mario Kart... you come screaming out of the gate at #1 and everybody blasts the shit out of you with their Koopa shells. Unless you’re really good you fall back in line.

Also, I just used a video game cargument. Woohoo!

#6 6 months ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Deadpool LE probably just qualified for the top100 list with only 17 ratings (if I remember right, 15 votes was the threshold). The pro has 70+ ratings. Since the LE score is higher than the pro version, and since since the highest score between versions of the game will take priority, the title was placed higher up on the list.
I'm sure the rating for the LE version will level off and go back down over time as it accumulates more ratings.
There's no conspiracy here. This just happens every time a new game comes out and people get excited about it.

That's what I was looking for. Ok, so the people who paid the high price for the LE are in a minority and jumped the rating up. I didn't know it took the highest of the two and gave it that. Makes sense now.

#7 6 months ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

On the top 100 list, is it strange that Deadpool was #40 one day then jumps to #1 the next? In the days of review padding, I'm just wondering.

No, this is legit.

It's the best game ever made.

#8 6 months ago

With all the clunk shots? Yeah, no.

#9 6 months ago

With all the clunk shots? Yeah, no.

It's #1 dude. That's the whole point of the list!

So yeah, yeah. Best game ever made, for now.

#10 6 months ago

What a joke

#11 6 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Sorry, wasn't getting "the joke"

#12 6 months ago

Never fear, the rating manipulators are queued up and ready to rumble. It's gonna be a bloodbath.

#13 6 months ago

Both rankings are too high for it, but it's just that goofy fluctuation every game with a low number of ratings gets. It's not a top 100 game of all time, that's for sure.

#14 6 months ago

This is the part where I remind everybody that the purpose of the top 100 list isn't actually to decide what the best game ever made is, it's to drive traffic to Pinside. Having the new releases all take their turn at #1 is a big help toward this goal.

Also Deadpool is clearly the best game ever made.

#15 6 months ago

On the top 100 list, is it strange that Deadpool was #40 one day then jumps to #1 the next?

And that's how you know the rating system is accurate! I understand that it's a finely tuned algorithm that factors in things like your heartbeats per minute, sweat levels and even delves into your emotional intelligence rating while playing. It's unreal, I tells ya! Or maybe it's just a bunch of early adopters, sometimes known as 'fanboys' or even the dreaded 'flippers' that are padding their ratings to either help retain the machines values or even pump them up! It's one of the two variables, I'm sure. For me personally, when I witness such a historic rise in the ratings for a newly released machine, I just typically chalk it up to 'whatever...'

#16 6 months ago

It's not selling all that well from what one hears, and quite a lot of those that have sold are being sold by the owners.

The owners that are keeping it (or selling it for that matter) are trying to inflate its importance / value. If people were honest, I doubt it'd crack top 50. The whole top 100 thing just doesn't work at all.

#17 6 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

#18 6 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This is the part where I remind everybody that the purpose of the top 100 list isn't actually to decide what the best game ever made is, it's to drive traffic to Pinside. Having the new releases all take their turn at #1 is a big help toward this goal.
Also Deadpool is clearly the best game ever made.

B-O-O-M!!!!!!!!

#19 6 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Keep in mind that all the ratings are submitted by members of the site. Whatever ratings they submit are the ones that get tallied up--that's about it. Early ratings for new games are simply usually higher because of early players/owners rating the game high. There is no overarching goal in regards to ratings or a conspiracy with new games getting top billing.

#20 6 months ago

Lol, got to protect that $8000 plunge.

#21 6 months ago

#1 now?

I guess to be hip, I'll have to run out and buy one before the next new title overtakes it.

I'll do that on the way home from getting my flu shot.

#22 6 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's the best game ever made

Bahahahahahahahah! Levi's always got the jokes!!
The top 100 is BS plain and simple! I can tell you what my top 100 would be and I guarantee yours would be different! So to each his own and play on

#23 6 months ago

This is a well documented pinside phenomena.. Almost all new sterns do this with the exception of GB... Give it time, the pinside universe has a way of correcting itself.

1 week later
#24 5 months ago

#19 Today

#25 5 months ago

The Deadpool LE is SiCK and belongs in the ToP 10 ! DP is one of the best utilization of the full screen display pins yet.

Bunch of haters rating the Deadpool LE unrealistically low cause they can't bare to see brand new pins breach the top 20.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 29.95
$ 50.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bernards, NJ
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 25.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
Little Shop Of Games
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside