Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 357 posts
  • 101 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by king-pin
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

03212017heavensgatebody01 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180806_134152639_HDR (resized).jpg
    adm (resized).jpg
    9a2c458cd575462ce25f07ab26f5b0a0bd9d4c48 (resized).jpg
    ef01dcef26394898df3c577424ea257f6239c6d0 (resized).jpg
    11f396c4f32ccc1d72fa2a8546d76fca428841c5 (resized).jpg
    87770978_XS (resized).jpg
    12233207-corn-field-corn-on-the-cob (resized).jpg
    fathom_close1 (resized).jpg
    TEtmVwp (resized).jpg
    fathom1 (resized).jpg
    1110182140b (resized).jpg
    1110182141a (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    xenon-dimples (resized).jpg
    orbitor1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kermit24.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#226 5 years ago

This thread is funny. Orange peel? Come on man. Hey Tron guy, let’s see photos of the playfield with a florencent light straight above the three bank in front of the disc...

#239 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I’ll play. Here’s my Tron. I’d call this “normal dimpling” as you don’t see it unless you’re really looking for it. Again I’ll post a picture of a cratered TWD. This is a different type of dimpling & should not be considered acceptable.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
    [quoted image]

And there is a Tron with dimpling. When people say there are no dimples like kvan99 I call them out. All pinball machines dimple. Of course wood will vary across playfields because wood is a natural product that varies. I also think some design choices cause more dumpling than others. You put a huge bash toy a few inches from the flippers and you will get more also. Not saying the wood isn’t softer or harder - which is very well may be also.

The way a playfield is photographed can also have a dramatic effect on how it looks. I can make pretty much any playfield look crappy with the right lighting.

#271 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Where is this soft Hard Maple from?
    Hard Maple is a very consistent wood as far as hardness.
    There are softer Maple species, but they are way more expensive.

If you oversand a standard playfield, you'd make holes through the insert faces before you hit the next layer of Maple.

Clear coat does not matter.
    A clear coat is .004" thick.
    If you took a piece of steel foil that was .004" thick and bonded it to a playfield, it would still dimple like crazy.

Yes.
    This playfield sat NIB for 2128 weeks (her complexion is very yellow), then it got clearcoated, then 26 weeks latter the game got put back together.
    The very first day it got deployed, this was the result:
    [quoted image]
    In just one day, her cherry got totally popped.
    And this is a game with no drops, no forward facing targets, no ramps the ball can fly off of, weak Bally flippers, no upper level.....

Xenon has drops. Otherwise nice post.

#273 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Ramp drops, not drop targets....

Ah ok. And the Tube is a smooth entry and exit. That came out wrong.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kermit24.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpeel?tu=kermit24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.