Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 357 posts
  • 101 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by king-pin
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

03212017heavensgatebody01 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180806_134152639_HDR (resized).jpg
    adm (resized).jpg
    9a2c458cd575462ce25f07ab26f5b0a0bd9d4c48 (resized).jpg
    ef01dcef26394898df3c577424ea257f6239c6d0 (resized).jpg
    11f396c4f32ccc1d72fa2a8546d76fca428841c5 (resized).jpg
    87770978_XS (resized).jpg
    12233207-corn-field-corn-on-the-cob (resized).jpg
    fathom_close1 (resized).jpg
    TEtmVwp (resized).jpg
    fathom1 (resized).jpg
    1110182140b (resized).jpg
    1110182141a (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    xenon-dimples (resized).jpg
    orbitor1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider erak.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#122 5 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Under the right light...this is what a WPC playfield with dimples can look like.
    [quoted image]

Yup, but that's after 20+ years not 20+ days.
    Sorry but the playfiels are shit. There are Stern pins in my distributors showroom that look like cottage cheese. Deadpool and iron maiden the worst. And no they don't even out over time. That is Bullshit, and people gotta stop defending this crap.

I had a HUO STTNG with 700 or so plays. That game has cannons that fire the ball at the playfield. No dimples.
    And with such little plays I should have been adding some every time I played it. But guess what it still looks perfect.
    I had a HUO Breakshot with 950 plays. That game would hit the glass and pop the ball up every direct shot to the drops. No dimples.

I had NIB... a met, imve, Ghostbusters, and ST. Metallica turned to mush by sparky in a couple weeks. And started to chip clearcoat. Ghostbusters looked like the moon after a couple months iMVE had visible woodgrain out of the box but didn't get that bad. But small dimples I would consider acceptable. SternST had no issues in the 3 years I had it.

So say it's normal all you want. I know what I've experienced.

3 weeks later
    #296 5 years ago
    Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Wow, Stern just clocking in on this Pin. Worst new playfield I’ve ever seen. Earl Shieb could have done a better paint job for $199
    Lot of quality new companies that would never do this plus ZERO 90’s Pins have Orange Peel playfield. Total garbage Stern
    [quoted image]

It seems like you disagree with some pinside members. And got downvoted because you spoke your eye witness opinion with pics.
    I applaud you. And yes the playfield wood or clear is more crappy more often compared to other manufacturers. Multiple Stern machine playfield pics don't lie.

But if you speak your mind about actual facts you personally eye witness. And provide proof on multiple occasions. In their eyes you are still wrong. Even when your right. Gotta love the internet.

#297 5 years ago

There is a difference between a few dimples. Which is totally normal and healthy, and cottage cheese. Which alot of Stern's produced now have. I guess finding a way to spend all that extra money they have been charging and saving. Has gone straight to their playfields.

And before the PC police or me too movement blast me for sexism or fat shaming.
    It's a joke. Cultivate a sense of humor while your trying to change the world. One stupid internet post about a hobby at a time.

Did I cover all the bases? God knows you have to do that nowadays. Oh $#@& I said "God" sorry about that too.

#310 5 years ago

Well I'm know I'm gonna get told I'm wrong. Or my observations try to be dismissed by being called a "noob". Or anyone's else's for that matter.
    But in the 20 years I've been collecting pins and the 35+ years I've been playing them.
    I haven't seen this level of dimpling in a new pin HUO or routed untill 2013.

But I guess my eyes, and any other "noobs" eyes. Or local operators eyes I have talked to have been lying.

Games are for fun, not to show how mentally retarded you are. When some continuously proclaim themselves to be an ALMIGHTY expert on pinball. And belittle, ignore observations and dismiss facts, opinions or photographic evidence.

That just a screams "fanboy".
    With a flat earth mentality.

#316 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

You can always find opinions and **evidence** to back up your existing beliefs - that does not make your beliefs any more correct.
    You always have to look at **who** is giving their opinion, then add or subtract weight to what they tell you.
    If 100 actual climatologists tell you that the average earth temp is getting warmer, that might have more weight than a "scientist" telling you the earth has hot and cold weather on cable news.
    If a BMW combustion engineer tells you not to put gasoline containing alcohols into your engine, that might have more weight than the mechanic at the service station telling you "A little alcohol cleans your engine and sensors".
    If 73 studies show that Vitamin C does not cure the common cold any faster, that might have more weight than one quack doctor on a book tour.
    If all real operators (you know those guys who do coinop for a full time living with 100s of machines) say that pins have always dimpled, that may have more weight than a hobby operator who has 8 clownpuke pins.
    If every person who restores playfields full time says that all games dimple, that might have more weight than a guy who says he "absolutely remembers" being in an arcade 30 years ago, and games never had dimples.

Exactly!

That's where your argument is flawed.
    You keep stating that people are saying old games don't dimple (which sounds crazy) to defend your argument. No one has said they 100% don't. All games will dimple. Just not at the same speed or severity. How many plays? Where is the comparison?

Show me any pre 2013 HUO machine or even routed with an accurate number of plays. Compare it to a new Stern HUO or routed with the same number.

They will all have some playfield issues. But it will be obvious which ones are far worse.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider erak.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpeel?tu=erak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.