Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 357 posts
  • 101 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by king-pin
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

03212017heavensgatebody01 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180806_134152639_HDR (resized).jpg
    adm (resized).jpg
    9a2c458cd575462ce25f07ab26f5b0a0bd9d4c48 (resized).jpg
    ef01dcef26394898df3c577424ea257f6239c6d0 (resized).jpg
    11f396c4f32ccc1d72fa2a8546d76fca428841c5 (resized).jpg
    87770978_XS (resized).jpg
    12233207-corn-field-corn-on-the-cob (resized).jpg
    fathom_close1 (resized).jpg
    TEtmVwp (resized).jpg
    fathom1 (resized).jpg
    1110182140b (resized).jpg
    1110182141a (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    xenon-dimples (resized).jpg
    orbitor1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheFamilyArcade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#150 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinbum:

Are we allowed to say "Soft Wood"?

#152 5 years ago
    Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Don’t call it a comeback, I’ve been here for years

Than why does your profile say <1 year?

#153 5 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

This is the first one I've come across. I've never had the issue, therefore I would know nothing about it. Not only that, it's not something you would search for if you weren't seeing the issue. I think you've been on this forum too long if that's your expectation.

The average age of your games is 30+ years. Of course you’ve never had the issue.

I bought a barely used SW Pro last month. Played it a ton, and it dimpled like crazy. Have played it a ton more, and the dimples are far less noticeable, because they are evening out. Yes, I still see dimples, but in a few years, at current rate of play, the playfield will not look dimpled.

Also, on any game, dimpled are less noticeable on darker playfield. LOTR is on the dark side, so fewer dimples stand out. Avengers is way dark, same with Tron, and you may not notice any dimpling, but it’s there...and depending on how many plays, there might be a lot that you’ve never seen!

But carry on. You’re probably right.

#154 5 years ago
    Quoted from erak:Yup, but that's after 20+ years not 20+ days.
    Sorry but the playfiels are shit. There are Stern pins in my distributors showroom that look like cottage cheese. Deadpool and iron maiden the worst. And no they don't even out over time. That is Bullshit, and people gotta stop defending this crap.
    I had a HUO STTNG with 700 or so plays. That game has cannons that fire the ball at the playfield. No dimples.
    And with such little plays I should have been adding some every time I played it. But guess what it still looks perfect.
    I had a HUO Breakshot with 950 plays. That game would hit the glass and pop the ball up every direct shot to the drops. No dimples.
    I had NIB... a met, imve, Ghostbusters, and ST. Metallica turned to mush by sparky in a couple weeks. And started to chip clearcoat. Ghostbusters looked like the moon after a couple months iMVE had visible woodgrain out of the box but didn't get that bad. But small dimples I would consider acceptable. SternST had no issues in the 3 years I had it.
    So say it's normal all you want. I know what I've experienced.

So your HUO games. You bought them? Because if you didn’t, you have no freaking clue how many plays they’ve had.

#156 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tomass:

Actually, you are correct. It didn't happen. No dimples...just saying. Lol

Just like the other dude, your games, on average, are over 30+ years old. They’ve been hammered flat! Most of them don’t even have ramps!

Maybe your new clear should be dimpling, but maybe not. Your playfields have had 10,000+ plays. No comparison to new, HUO games, many that rarely even get played.

#157 5 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:Everytime this comes up I ask 2 questions that never get answered.
    I have 2 late 70's games without a single dimple. Even posted a close up video showing the line between the playfield and the plastics/posts showing it ain't "all evened out" only response is "that game don't have many air balls". Any game that has posts and rubbers will have air balls. Planking, yes. Missing paint sure. Dimples, no.
    How come my 3 CPR playfields that would have "air balls" don't have a single dimple? They been on for several years with several thousand plays each.
    One more thing. In all the dimple threads show me one single em that looks even remotely like a new playfield. Don't say "they all evened out" there would be evidence around posts and standoffs.

SMH dude, there’s dimples all over the playfield in your video.

#211 5 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

LOL I bought a ten yr old TSPP with less than 400 plays I will never understand that shit.

What code rev? Unless it still had the shipped code it probably had more plays.

#212 5 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Just for the record. the amount of airballs a game has, greatly impacts how many and how fast a playfield dimples. Games like Hobbit, don't dimple because you hardly have any airballs. but games like TWD and GB will dimple like living shit, because they are airball goldmines. None of my early SS and EM's don't have any dimples in them (the ones that are clearcoated). Why? because no airballs.

Fast and furious games with heavy MB action are going to dimple more and faster than slower, single ball games. SW has a 6ball MB, and you’re in MB fairly often, which explains the the early dimpling as well as the quicker flattening out.

#275 5 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

My Tron....here are some shots of the pf around the upper flipper. Have a look at the front and behind the flipper....still smooth, almost no dimples after 5 years.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Who cares? It’s a Yawn, er, Tron.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheFamilyArcade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpeel?tu=TheFamilyArcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.