Topic Stats

• 273 posts
  • 117 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by luvthatapex2
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 28 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

B06253B0-B6FE-4E4E-9FD6-2F9A6E6CDAEA.jpeg
dp-le-details-07_0 (resized).jpg
dp-le-details-06_0 (resized).jpg
captur55 (resized).JPG
FBE4D88C-BE8E-42E0-A0B8-8D33F05FC79B (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1533653956524 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1533654434114 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1533654403896 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1533653937493 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1533653931838 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1533654075537 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1533654094204 (resized).jpg
38689589_10156710406834244_7579544673782333440_o (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
C900E03C-5ED9-4883-B122-4A65F91D9A44 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vireland.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#83 1 year ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

do we know the designer on this one yet?

Gomez. The sword ramp is straight out of LotR.

#142 1 year ago
Quoted from frolic:

yeah i don't think Stern expects every game, or even any game, to be an AC/DC.
You can judge success of titles based on how quickly the next one was announced.
Iron Maiden was announced March 27 (I checked Pinball News). That is a "hit" and we have the next game announced just over 4 months later.
GOTG was announced October 31. So, 5 months till Iron Maiden.
If GOTG was underperforming, they would have bumped up maiden, to keep the factory going.

Maiden was delayed numerous times waiting for license approvals.

#174 1 year ago
Quoted from frolic:

Well, I look forward to seeing it one day, when it's not on facebook. lol.

It's really nothing special. I put a copy of the mp4 here if you want to right click and "save as" to your computer to check it out:

http://www.irelandfamily.com/deadpool/

1.36mb. Tiny video with a deadpool voice clip at the end. Everything I've seen and heard tells me hard pass on this. This video did not change my mind.

#180 1 year ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I wasn’t yawning at Deadpool.

Exactly.

#188 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Based on this brief and almost completely insubstantial pair of teaser trailers which reveal virtually nothing, I’m not only going hard pass on Deadpool, I’m giving up buying pinball machines altogether, and perhaps even implementing an indefinite embargo on ALL consumer goods for the foreseeable future.
Everything ive seen and heard just leads me to believe There will be too many disappointments if I continue to consider buying things
Maybe I’ll try religion or interpersonal relationships but I can’t imagine anything will be able to provide my life with the meaning it craves. Thanks a lot stern.

It's not just the video, though. Gomez's design track record has been one clunky mess after another for the last 15 years (Batman:TDK, Avengers, Transformers are on no one's "hot lists"). Lyman helped Batman '66 with some really great software, but it doesn't change the fact that the machine shoots clunky. So, leaked PF months ago, plus teaser+Gomez+(possibly Lonnie on software)=hard pass.

#190 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

I know you had some major issues with BM66 Vire but honestly my BM66 shoots smooth. Yes there are a couple places that will result in a dead shot, clunky if you like.
Ramps are super smooth and fast, orbits especially the right rips around, turntable targets cause nice bounce back and richochet only really dead spots that cause a little clunk if you will is when I miss the turntable targets and that’s my fault for sucking!!

Left orbit is crap unless you move the bumper inside, which makes it marginally better. But even taking that off the table (which I believe was saved by software alone), that leaves you with three low-resale value clunkers he's designed in the last 15 years. The market has assigned a value to his work, and it's not high. People can TALK his work up all they want, but when it comes to laying down cash for it? No respect for most of Gomez's Stern design work. LotR is the only legitimate bright spot and that was about 15 years ago.

#199 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Dude did you SEE those two teasers?!
Something as offensive as that to all of humanity - and personally insulting to all Pinball fans - NEEDS a Strong vireland response.
You don’t want stern to think we are a bunch of saps do you?

Exactly. And I didn't even graph it.

#200 1 year ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Why are you expending so much energy in these Deadpool threads telling us "Hard Pass", If you don't like, there is no future reason for you to post.
This is obviously a thread for people who care about the possibility of this pin.

I used "hard pass" two times, one of which was a reply. It was QUOTED more than I used it. Hardly a large amount of energy expended by me. I wasn't aware this was a club thread. Thought it was a teaser/opinion thread.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Roswell, GA
$ 79.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 49.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Las Vegas, NV

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vireland.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside