FB_IMG_1533653937493 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1533653931838 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1533654075537 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1533654094204 (resized).jpg
38689589_10156710406834244_7579544673782333440_o (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
C900E03C-5ED9-4883-B122-4A65F91D9A44 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sinestro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#89 5 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Use a dollar store toy to tease a pinball machine. Yikes.

Calm down, hipster.

#92 5 years ago
Quoted from homebrood:

I don't think anyone gets it, this teaser is just tongue in cheek humor. Wait and see the real release, it will boil you away!

That's way too much rationality for this crowd.

#104 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I hope the supposed insiders are wrong. Gomez is hit and miss as his track record shows with a large body of work. ZY has been a home run. The code will likely depend on which programmer gets the game and to some degree how well the game sells. Superhero games have not sold as well as some other titles in the last several years.

You have Stern's sales records????

Please share!

#127 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I can't tell what is a just goofing and what is trying to be serious in this thread anymore. Seriously though, you don't think the sales of GOTG, XMEN, and Avengers, for such huge licenses, were not disappointments when looking at ACDC, MET, ST, TRON, and GB sales?
Also, it has been established that Stern has made about 5000 games a year over the last 7 years (averaged out) based on the serial numbers which have been said by former employees to be in sequence. We also know that Stern has boasted that ACDC and MET sold about as many as LOTR and TSPP if not more.

Obviously comic licenses are selling well, otherwise Stern wouldn't keep using them.

I'm always amused by Pinsiders who think they know how to run Stern's business better than they do.

#135 5 years ago
Quoted from Murphelman:

That is possible but there is also the possibility that they delayed the release of Iron Maiden because GotG was not selling well and they wanted more sales. They may have figured that GotG would really tank if they released Iron Maiden sooner so gave it more time to sell.

No, they have to keep the line moving.

#152 5 years ago

Anyone is free to PM me some pics.

#153 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If pinside ran Stern they’d be out of business in a week.

The should be quoted on the top of the Forums page permanently.

#176 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Everything I've seen and heard tells me hard pass on this. This video did not change my mind.

****YAWN****

#179 5 years ago

I wasn’t yawning at Deadpool.

#197 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's not just the video, though. Gomez's design track record has been one clunky mess after another for the last 15 years (Batman:TDK, Avengers, Transformers are on no one's "hot lists"). Lyman helped Batman '66 with some really great software, but it doesn't change the fact that the machine shoots clunky. So, leaked PF months ago, plus teaser+Gomez+(possibly Lonnie on software)=hard pass.

Why are you expending so much energy in these Deadpool threads telling us "Hard Pass", If you don't like, there is no future reason for you to post.

This is obviously a thread for people who care about the possibility of this pin.

#203 5 years ago
Quoted from adamsebas:

Just saying i'm not into the theme. The game could turn out to be decent. I just think there is enough superhero themes out there. I think the more main stream superhero themes like Batman or Superman have a little more relevance but will anyone care about GOTG or Deadpool in a year? GOTG is already a dead release. I guess this will continue with Stern's business model of only releasing licensed themes.

GOTG a dead release? You have zero idea what you're talking about. It is everywhere around me on location, and the uptick in home ownership since this spring has been amazing.

#205 5 years ago
Quoted from adamsebas:

No one seems to be knocking down the distributors doors to get one in Australia. Not saying it's a bad game (I actually don't mind how it plays) just saying that a more interesting theme could've worked better for the game.

Australia's market is not indicative of what's going on worldwide.

GOTG always had a strong theme (the movies were big hits), but had weak code at launch. Stern churned out update after update for it. After a .90, which heavily modified and improved the game, the sales picked up heavily. I started seeing it on location on more places, and if you were in the GOTG thread, you'd see a large number of fence sitters finally made the jump. Dead release? I think not.....

#211 5 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Chill out, Sinestro. The white knight act in a non-club thread is stifling.

****YAWN****

You bore me, as always.

#231 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

They're even stealing the music Casette idea from TNA/Scott? Wow.
Also, game and bobble head look awesome and hilarious.

They're taking it a step further with an LP for LE owners.

Now that's pretty freaking cool!

#234 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Pin looks awesome, I would have prefered it based off the movies but hey did a good job with the comic book style. The only exception is those animations, I dunno if its some attempt to hide shit animation and art by going "8-bit" but they look terrible. Just looks super low budget and that is a shame because the pin itself looks gorgeous. I could also do without the stand up plastic characters, they look kinda like home made mods. The most interesting pin they have released in a while for me.

They are 8-bit on purpose. And they look great in that respect.

Anyone else notice all Stern video games in the arcade when Deadpool plays his own pin?

#237 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Why not go with fully animated comic book art style on the display? Would have looked way better Cell Shaded. What connection does Dead Pool have with that 8-bit style? I would have prefered even the sketch book style they use in the credits

Or something like this.

The whole thing is retro. Hence the cassette tape and LP.

It's part of the character's irreverence.

#246 5 years ago

It's more 16-bit graphics really. It look like early 90's fighting games.

#247 5 years ago

I really hope Deadpool makes fun of Dialed In when he breaks the 4th wall.

Maybe put a sword into the Dialed In mom-jeans guy!

#256 5 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

Looks pretty great imo, though I'm slightly disappointed with the Pro having stand-ups instead of the 8 Deadpool drops, but that is pretty minor as Premium/le features go. If the lift ramp is not a lock and doesn't really serve any purpose, then I won't miss that.
And figures look lame honestly, if wanted you can add any number of really nice figures to the Pro for cheap.
Really looking forward to the gameplay, the orbit-to-rear-left-ramp shot seemed a little slow and rattling in that announce video though. Hoping it shoots smoother normally...

The lift ramp allows you to feed the right flipper from the right flipper via the left orbit.

On the Pro, this will just drop into the pops. You can only get on the sword and feed the right flipper from the left flipper.

#259 5 years ago

Womp-Waa

Looks great.

#271 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Wow the Pro now has playfield rails instead of pegs!

That started being standard with IM

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rochester, NH
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 64.99
6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinsburg, WV
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sinestro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadlool-teaser?tu=sinestro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.