Topic Stats

• 273 posts
  • 117 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by luvthatapex2
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 28 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

B06253B0-B6FE-4E4E-9FD6-2F9A6E6CDAEA.jpeg
dp-le-details-07_0 (resized).jpg
dp-le-details-06_0 (resized).jpg
captur55 (resized).JPG
FBE4D88C-BE8E-42E0-A0B8-8D33F05FC79B (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1533653956524 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1533654434114 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1533654403896 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1533653937493 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1533653931838 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1533654075537 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1533654094204 (resized).jpg
38689589_10156710406834244_7579544673782333440_o (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
C900E03C-5ED9-4883-B122-4A65F91D9A44 (resized).png

There are 273 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
#201 10 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Jesus the goddamn bobble head. Tie fighter only had 1 spring guys... This has 3!!!
Hahaha what a shit show

LE will have 3 springs... only 1 spring for the Pro

#202 10 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'm sure if he did no one here would give a shit anyway.

Just saying i'm not into the theme. The game could turn out to be decent. I just think there is enough superhero themes out there. I think the more main stream superhero themes like Batman or Superman have a little more relevance but will anyone care about GOTG or Deadpool in a year? GOTG is already a dead release. I guess this will continue with Stern's business model of only releasing licensed themes.

#203 10 months ago
Quoted from adamsebas:

Just saying i'm not into the theme. The game could turn out to be decent. I just think there is enough superhero themes out there. I think the more main stream superhero themes like Batman or Superman have a little more relevance but will anyone care about GOTG or Deadpool in a year? GOTG is already a dead release. I guess this will continue with Stern's business model of only releasing licensed themes.

GOTG a dead release? You have zero idea what you're talking about. It is everywhere around me on location, and the uptick in home ownership since this spring has been amazing.

#204 10 months ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

GOTG a dead release? You have zero idea what you're talking about. It is everywhere around me on location, and the uptick in home ownership since this spring has been amazing.

No one seems to be knocking down the distributors doors to get one in Australia. Not saying it's a bad game (I actually don't mind how it plays) just saying that a more interesting theme could've worked better for the game.

#205 10 months ago
Quoted from adamsebas:

No one seems to be knocking down the distributors doors to get one in Australia. Not saying it's a bad game (I actually don't mind how it plays) just saying that a more interesting theme could've worked better for the game.

Australia's market is not indicative of what's going on worldwide.

GOTG always had a strong theme (the movies were big hits), but had weak code at launch. Stern churned out update after update for it. After a .90, which heavily modified and improved the game, the sales picked up heavily. I started seeing it on location on more places, and if you were in the GOTG thread, you'd see a large number of fence sitters finally made the jump. Dead release? I think not.....

#206 10 months ago
Quoted from adamsebas:

No one seems to be knocking down the distributors doors to get one in Australia.

How do you know this? Friend of mine wants a LE and there are none in AUS. Wait until Oct or Nov to get one.

#207 10 months ago

Chill out, Sinestro. The white knight act in a non-club thread is stifling.

#208 10 months ago

Over the past two years it seems like Stern has been putting out 1-2 pins a year with a rather basic feature and code offering that supplement their games with deeper rulesets and a greater number of features. Aerosmith was first, then GOTG, time will tell if Deadpool is next. Today Stern games all seem to get treated differently, some have more toys then others (Ghostbusters for example), others with very deep rulesets / code support (Batman 66, Star Wars) and finally there's others like Aerosmith and GOTG that are a bit lackluster in both toys and code. It's possible that the themes Stern chooses and what licenses (licenses music, video, actor audio, etc) obtained for them influence a games budget. Just an observation, I could be wrong.

#209 10 months ago

Where do you put Iron Maiden in that equation? Because it kicks ass.

#210 10 months ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Where do you put Iron Maiden in that equation? Because it kicks ass.

Happy anomaly, potentially? It comes largely from non-Stern development.

The titles that seem the most filler-like to me are the recycled layout titles like GOTG and Aerosmith... Hard to argue they're not copy-paste playfield layouts.

Deadpool is a unique design, but I worry about how long it was actually in development, and how well it will shoot, after the Trudeau debacle and his design supposedly being scrapped... I would really love some behind the scenes details on the original JT plan and design and the soon to be revealed finished product.

#211 10 months ago
Quoted from jar155:

Chill out, Sinestro. The white knight act in a non-club thread is stifling.

****YAWN****

You bore me, as always.

#213 10 months ago

It wouldn’t be Pinside without passionate, final opinions on the slimmest of evidence.

At least I wait to play a game before I call it a turd.

#215 10 months ago

#216 10 months ago

I like it

#217 10 months ago

I didn’t even know I could be this excited about a pinball machine

#218 10 months ago

Looks cool but I wish the bobble head was more like a bash toy like the well walker or woverine in x men.

#219 10 months ago

The Sword ramp end covering up the inlane / outlane area just like the cannon on ac/dc. Oh boy.

#220 10 months ago

Looks really good but wow does the pro look excellent. At first glance I don't see a lot of differences between the premium / LE and pro playfields.

The bobble head is the main toy though...really?

#221 10 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Looks really good but wow does the pro look excellent. At first glance I don't see a lot of differences between the premium / LE and pro playfields.

True, all i saw right off the bat was flat plastic figures compared to 3d figures

#223 10 months ago

Matrix.

38689589_10156710406834244_7579544673782333440_o (resized).jpg
#224 10 months ago

So for $6k-$9k the main toy is a plastic bobble head?

#225 10 months ago

Dont forget the disco ball

#226 10 months ago
FB_IMG_1533653931838 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1533653937493 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1533654075537 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1533654094204 (resized).jpg
#227 10 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

So for $6k-$9k the main toy is a plastic bobble head?

You sure do seem to be infatuated with toys. IMDN has no toys at all and its probably the best stern game ever imo. Toys are nice but give me some kick ass gameplay over toys any day.

#228 10 months ago

This game actually looks like it might be pretty sweet. I cant wait to see its reveal on the 15th.

#229 10 months ago
FB_IMG_1533653956524 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1533654403896 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1533654434114 (resized).jpg
#230 10 months ago

They're even stealing the music Casette idea from TNA/Scott? Wow.

Also, game and bobble head look awesome and hilarious.

#231 10 months ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

They're even stealing the music Casette idea from TNA/Scott? Wow.
Also, game and bobble head look awesome and hilarious.

They're taking it a step further with an LP for LE owners.

Now that's pretty freaking cool!

#232 10 months ago

I can't wait to play this. Looks great!

#233 10 months ago

Pin looks awesome, I would have prefered it based off the movies but hey did a good job with the comic book style. The only exception is those animations, I dunno if its some attempt to hide shit animation and art by going "8-bit" but they look terrible. Just looks super low budget and that is a shame because the pin itself looks gorgeous. I could also do without the stand up plastic characters, they look kinda like home made mods. The most interesting pin they have released in a while for me.

#234 10 months ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Pin looks awesome, I would have prefered it based off the movies but hey did a good job with the comic book style. The only exception is those animations, I dunno if its some attempt to hide shit animation and art by going "8-bit" but they look terrible. Just looks super low budget and that is a shame because the pin itself looks gorgeous. I could also do without the stand up plastic characters, they look kinda like home made mods. The most interesting pin they have released in a while for me.

They are 8-bit on purpose. And they look great in that respect.

Anyone else notice all Stern video games in the arcade when Deadpool plays his own pin?

#235 10 months ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

They are 8-bit on purpose. And they look great in that respect

This. They’re not hiding anything. The fact that they’re 8-bit corny and that it says right between the flippers in front of your face “at least it’s not another movie themed pin” shows that Stern just gets it.

#236 10 months ago

Why not go with fully animated comic book art style on the display? Would have looked way better Cell Shaded. What connection does Dead Pool have with that 8-bit style? I would have prefered even the sketch book style they use in the credits

Or something like this. The parts that are complete.

#237 10 months ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Why not go with fully animated comic book art style on the display? Would have looked way better Cell Shaded. What connection does Dead Pool have with that 8-bit style? I would have prefered even the sketch book style they use in the credits

Or something like this.

The whole thing is retro. Hence the cassette tape and LP.

It's part of the character's irreverence.

#238 10 months ago

Looks pretty cool. I just hope they get that right orbit to ramp lane adjusted real well or I can see some frustrated people in the future (America's most haunted jump ramp as example).

#239 10 months ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Looks pretty cool. I just hope they get that right orbit to ramp lane adjusted real well or I can see some frustrated people in the future (America's most haunted jump ramp as example).

As incredibly excited as I am, yes this is a good call and a concern for me as well.

Dead_Flip is live with it on 8/15, we’ll see

#240 10 months ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

The whole thing is retro. Hence the cassette tape and LP.
It's part of the character's irreverence.

No other Art has that style on the pin. I just like things to be consistent. The whole 8-bit thing has been done to death.

#241 10 months ago

I think the art and the 8-bit style for the animations is brilliant! It seems like a fantastic visual reference to the character's inception in the early 90s by styling the animations after the classic Konami X-Men arcade, Marvel vs. Street Fighter, etc. Absolutely awesome!

I believe this may also be Zombie Yeti's finest pinball work to-date! There is some great art direction going on in this pin!

#242 10 months ago

Can’t wait for next week and the dead flip stream!

#243 10 months ago

Lovely artwork. Playfield and cabinet decals are gorgeous.

#244 10 months ago

Hilarious

FBE4D88C-BE8E-42E0-A0B8-8D33F05FC79B (resized).jpeg
#245 10 months ago

I dig the LCD animations so far. Reminds me a lot of Comix Zone for Genesis

#246 10 months ago

It's more 16-bit graphics really. It look like early 90's fighting games.

#247 10 months ago

I really hope Deadpool makes fun of Dialed In when he breaks the 4th wall.

Maybe put a sword into the Dialed In mom-jeans guy!

#248 10 months ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Finally getting that My Little Pony we always wanted?
captur55 (resized).JPGdp-le-details-06_0 (resized).jpg

dp-le-details-07_0 (resized).jpg
#249 10 months ago
Quoted from TheCoinSlotTC:

Pro is cheaper than IM was FYI

Same MSRP ?

#250 10 months ago

This might just be my first NIB purchase. Oh boy!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Olympia, WA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 169.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
Little Shop Of Games
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 50.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 279.95
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Howell, MI
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
York, PA
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 129.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 273 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside