FB_IMG_1533653937493 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1533653931838 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1533654075537 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1533654094204 (resized).jpg
38689589_10156710406834244_7579544673782333440_o (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
C900E03C-5ED9-4883-B122-4A65F91D9A44 (resized).png
There are 273 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
#101 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I don't buy that. ZY is rumored to be on art. VP of engineering doing the game design. If it was filler, you give it to Joey the intern to design and Skillz, the kid from the local art college to ink it up. If it was originally a JT game, then it's had a detour in the design phase. I don't consider that filler. This theme has a decently long history and some very recent movies in the pop culture arena. I've very curious to see what the (finished) total package looks like.

I hope the supposed insiders are wrong. Gomez is hit and miss as his track record shows with a large body of work. ZY has been a home run. The code will likely depend on which programmer gets the game and to some degree how well the game sells. Superhero games have not sold as well as some other titles in the last several years.

#102 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I hope the supposed insiders are wrong. Gomez is hit and miss as his track record shows with a large body of work. ZY has been a home run. The code will likely depend on which programmer gets the game and to some degree how well the game sells. Superhero games have not sold as well as some other titles in the last several years.

Well, thankfully, DP is NOT a super hero.

#103 5 years ago

Requirements ..

48172EEB-B245-43C0-A49A-42AC355366AD.png48172EEB-B245-43C0-A49A-42AC355366AD.png
#104 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

You have Stern's sales records????

Please share!

#105 5 years ago

Trailer fits the theme. Glad it's the comics rather then the movies. Movies were enjoyable, but there are better takes on Deadpool out there. One of the video game voice actors did a great job on couple games. Don't know his name, hopefully it's him though.

#106 5 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

Trailer fits the theme. Glad it's the comics rather then the movies. Movies were enjoyable, but there are better takes on Deadpool out there. One of the video game voice actors did a great job on couple games. Don't know his name, hopefully it's him though.

Nolan North

#107 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I don't understand the logic of voicing completely polarized opinions (especially negative ones) this early?

Strange, your Avatar says 14 years but you must be new to Pinside.

#108 5 years ago
Quoted from speederice:

I am trying to understand how theming it on the comics vs. the movie is a negative. The movies did such a good job adapting the character from the comic that I do not think there will be much confusion with this theme. If Stern called the machine "Deadpool" and based it off of his X-Men Origins Wolverine appearance, then I could see where people would be confused. But movie Deadpool and comics Deadpool are pretty close to 1 to 1, with the added bonus that a machine based on comics Deadpool can use popular assets from other Marvel comics (like Wolverine) without as many licensing headaches.

I'll be honest, I have never opened or read a deadpool comic. I identify the franchise mostly with the movies. But if they are homogeneous then it's all good!

#109 5 years ago

The comic license is the better get. The movies are great, and they did a good job bringing Deadpool to life, but there's a whole different level of crazy that the comics afford. I'm really interested to see if any X-Men get dragged into this or if it will be 100% Deadpool.

#110 5 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

But if they are homogeneous then it's all good!

Quoted from jar155:

The comic license is the better get.

Don't know anything aboot Deadpool either, but I've learned from 1 movie he's a smart ass that murders the shit out of people and hey, that sounds good to me.
Buuuuuut the REAL question is what's happening with the screen? The movie at least gives you all the media you need, basically, to create that screen package. Now without that, I'm really interested to see what they do with it.

#111 5 years ago

at least we now have a better idea of what to expect from:
the munsters,
elvira 3,
and madison pinball, featuring @whysnow.

bh01 (resized).pngbh01 (resized).png
#112 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Don't know anything aboot Deadpool either, but I've learned from 1 movie he's a smart ass that murders the shit out of people and hey, that sounds good to me.
Buuuuuut the REAL question is what's happening with the screen? The movie at least gives you all the media you need, basically, to create that screen package. Now without that, I'm really interested to see what they do with it.

This actually ties in to the DMD vs TV thread quite nicely.

I would imagine we'll see some anime type filler stuff, and comic book clips floating about. More importantly though, will this give Stern direction in creating order from chaos when using these LCD/LED screens to provide relevant, constant information to the player.

#113 5 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

This actually ties in to the DMD vs TV thread quite nicely.

Agreed. Before it wouldn't be an issue, it would be dots and no one would even mention it.
But I'm really wondering now that this will be the first title with a 'current theme' that is popular that they won't use what most people know it by.

#114 5 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I'd always prefer the theme be based on the comics versus the movies, as movies can date themselves much quicker, especially in movie franchises (Spiderman & Batman) that don't know when to call it quits and end up making many movies with many different actors as lead characters. Like now, I'd rather have a comic book based Spiderman instead of having to see Toby Maguire's face on my pinball machine. My apology to Toby Maguire, Toby Maquire's Mom, and all of Toby Maguire's fans on Pinside.

Well, except you would have the Deadpool in costume, which is so well done in the movies. I don't see the need for Ryan Reynolds face to appear, which would actually keep this pin always faithful to the comic. As far as playfield, yeah, maybe keep that drawn art with reference to comic characters, not actual actors.

I was thinking about this during DP2 in the theaters. It's brilliant to have the full body costume (with complete mask) as anyone could really play the part acting wise, it is just a matter of voice over. Same goes for the translite/screen image.

I get your point though, a George Clooney Batman just ain't cutting it in today's pinball world.

#115 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

You have Stern's sales records????
Please share!

I think you can look at the Pinside owner's lists and also which games still have/had LEs unsold after 6 months or a year at distributors and get an idea how well a game has sold.

#116 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I think you can look at the Pinside owner's lists ....

Pinsiders always thinking they rule the market

#117 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Pinsiders always thinking they rule the market

When you combine that with the other part of what I said about LE availability I think it would be correct at least 95% of the time.

#118 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

When you combine that with the other part of what I said about LE availability I think it would be correct at least 95% of the time.

yogi-berra-quotes-21 (resized).pngyogi-berra-quotes-21 (resized).png
#120 5 years ago

I dunno but monday morning im buying stock in bobblehead springs.

#121 5 years ago

Stern dudes are totally drunk laughing their asses off as this thread. Trolled.

#122 5 years ago

No, 1/2 + 90 = 90.5%.

#123 5 years ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

They are definitely having too much fun.

#124 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ha...95% eh?

I can't tell what is a just goofing and what is trying to be serious in this thread anymore. Seriously though, you don't think the sales of GOTG, XMEN, and Avengers, for such huge licenses, were not disappointments when looking at ACDC, MET, ST, TRON, and GB sales?

Also, it has been established that Stern has made about 5000 games a year over the last 7 years (averaged out) based on the serial numbers which have been said by former employees to be in sequence. We also know that Stern has boasted that ACDC and MET sold about as many as LOTR and TSPP if not more.

#125 5 years ago

Yup. He good. Hopefully it's him or someone as good.

#126 5 years ago

Can somebody explain why the teaser sounds like Barry White?

It's very chilled - is this how the game is going to sound?

#127 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I can't tell what is a just goofing and what is trying to be serious in this thread anymore. Seriously though, you don't think the sales of GOTG, XMEN, and Avengers, for such huge licenses, were not disappointments when looking at ACDC, MET, ST, TRON, and GB sales?
Also, it has been established that Stern has made about 5000 games a year over the last 7 years (averaged out) based on the serial numbers which have been said by former employees to be in sequence. We also know that Stern has boasted that ACDC and MET sold about as many as LOTR and TSPP if not more.

Obviously comic licenses are selling well, otherwise Stern wouldn't keep using them.

I'm always amused by Pinsiders who think they know how to run Stern's business better than they do.

#128 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

You think GOTG sales were disappointments? I had to wait 3 months to get one because they were so far backordered.

#129 5 years ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

It will be even funnier when they release the new price increases...... again.

#130 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

You think GOTG sales were disappointments? I had to wait 3 months to get one because they were so far backordered.

yeah i don't think Stern expects every game, or even any game, to be an AC/DC.

You can judge success of titles based on how quickly the next one was announced.

Iron Maiden was announced March 27 (I checked Pinball News). That is a "hit" and we have the next game announced just over 4 months later.

GOTG was announced October 31. So, 5 months till Iron Maiden.

If GOTG was underperforming, they would have bumped up maiden, to keep the factory going.

#131 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

If GOTG was underperforming, they would have bumped up maiden, to keep the factory going.

That is possible but there is also the possibility that they delayed the release of Iron Maiden because GotG was not selling well and they wanted more sales. They may have figured that GotG would really tank if they released Iron Maiden sooner so gave it more time to sell.

#132 5 years ago

I liked the teaser, it was fun. A little mystery remains in this title which I think helps build excitement. Also, it’s going to get me watch the movie which I’d avoided until now. My movie tastes run a little older. Last night we watched “wait until dark” with audrey Hepburn. Now that was great...I wonder who has the license?

#133 5 years ago

You might want to check out the Deadpool comics not the movie since the game is based on the comics

Can’t wait to see more!

Quoted from WeLoveScott:

I liked the teaser, it was fun. A little mystery remains in this title which I think helps build excitement. Also, it’s going to get me watch the movie which I’d avoided until now. My movie tastes run a little older. Last night we watched “wait until dark” with audrey Hepburn. Now that was great...I wonder who has the license?

#134 5 years ago
Quoted from Murphelman:

That is possible but there is also the possibility that they delayed the release of Iron Maiden because GotG was not selling well and they wanted more sales. They may have figured that GotG would really tank if they released Iron Maiden sooner so gave it more time to sell.

"Because we make nearly no money, let's continue making nearly no money, because if we pump a game out that does make money, all that nearly no money is gone."

- Yeah, that's not how it works. Anywhere.

#135 5 years ago
Quoted from Murphelman:

No, they have to keep the line moving.

#136 5 years ago

As others said, a manufacturing company only makes money if they are shipping widgets out the door.

Go check out the recent interview with Josh Sharpe on Pinball Profile, he specifically touches on this subject with regard to Raw Thrills. TWIP cut the relevant portion out for their updates:

https://thisweekinpinball.com/interview-with-josh-sharpe-dutch-pinball-code-updates-one-of-a-kind-twilight-zone/

#137 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

You can judge success of titles based on how quickly the next one was announced.
Iron Maiden was announced March 27 (I checked Pinball News). That is a "hit" and we have the next game announced just over 4 months later.

Just to play devil's advocate, not that I don't agree with your post, but there is a possibility with the whole Trudeau arrest, that they needed to swap things around, thus a 5 months delay between Guardians and Maiden. Weren't AC/DC premium VEs shipping at that time from? Anyone now how that VE sold?

IMO, anyone who can badmouth Guardians today, more than likely hasn't played it since all the code updates.

Does anyone know if they are still making premiums of this title?

#138 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Every barcade/Arcade I go in has a GOTG pro. And generally someone is playing it.

They’re everywhere. Star Wars would be next most popular - conversely, I’ve only seen one Maiden on location since we have been here.

rd

#139 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

As others said, a manufacturing company only makes money if they are shipping widgets out the door.
Go check out the recent interview with Josh Sharpe on Pinball Profile, he specifically touches on this subject with regard to Raw Thrills. TWIP cut the relevant portion out for their updates:
https://thisweekinpinball.com/interview-with-josh-sharpe-dutch-pinball-code-updates-one-of-a-kind-twilight-zone/

This was an excellent interview, and the Raw Thrills comments certainly would apply to Stern Pinball.

The factory is the "beast that needs to be fed". What it eats has no emotion, as long as it is eating (producing widgets).

All of our pinside analysis about timing with pinball shows, trade shows, pop culture dates (may the 4th, etc), timing with competitors... none of it means anything. All that matters is the beast keeps eating. And new titles are announced only when the beast needs more. If the beast can be satisfied with what is currently available, then it is satisfied. It doesn't care about "new" anything.

So, as far as Deadpool goes, this means someone has figured out in X weeks, the beast needs something more to eat, so they've timed the announcement for that.

#140 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

No because they still produce pins like Metallica !

#141 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

"Because we make nearly no money, let's continue making nearly no money, because if we pump a game out that does make money, all that nearly no money is gone."
- Yeah, that's not how it works. Anywhere.

You would be surprised. Do you really think Stern was making no money during the period GotG was released? They have other titles they are selling. They are still making money.

If they were not selling well enough the only reason for them to bring Iron Maiden out early would be if they were in trouble which they weren't. I still think they wanted to give GotG more time and did not feel the need to bring Iron Maiden out.

Whatever the case is if you think they were "making no money" you are very wrong.

#142 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Maiden was delayed numerous times waiting for license approvals.

#143 5 years ago

I liked the teaser. It wasn't meant to show anything just confirm what the game was, which we all knew already anyway. For me it's a step up from just flashing the title Iron Maiden across a screen during a pinball tournament.

#144 5 years ago

I don’t think GOTG was a poor selling game at release other than the Prem and the LEs being a hard sell as there isn’t a lot extra compared to the Pro which doesn’t feel stripped or like its missing anything.

Pro’s are everywhere, I have 2 friends who both own a Pro plus a 3rd and we live within 15 miles of each other.

GOTG sales have certainly picked up a lot since the code did a 180 and became really good! I know local distributors here and in Europe can’t keep Pros in stock and have been on continual backorder.

#145 5 years ago
Quoted from Murphelman:

You would be surprised. Do you really think Stern was making no money during the period GotG was released? They have other titles they are selling. They are still making money.
If they were not selling well enough the only reason for them to bring Iron Maiden out early would be if they were in trouble which they weren't. I still think they wanted to give GotG more time and did not feel the need to bring Iron Maiden out.
Whatever the case is if you think they were "making no money" you are very wrong.

I never wrote "no" money.
And yes that's why they pumped AD/DC and Luci out.

Assembly line has to run, employment costs are the same, no matter if a game does great or mediocre.

#146 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Obviously comic licenses are selling well, otherwise Stern wouldn't keep using them.
I'm always amused by Pinsiders who think they know how to run Stern's business better than they do.

If pinside ran Stern they’d be out of business in a week.

#147 5 years ago

Wow you have to be an ass to downvote the OP of this thread

#148 5 years ago

Should be 4 weeks till release...saw some pics....dont ask, I cant say more, dont know more.....Looks Really Good!

#149 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Should be 4 weeks till release...saw some pics....dont ask, I cant say more, dont know more.....Looks Really Good!

What a tease :-p

#150 5 years ago

Ask around. The pics are out there. If it shoots as fun as it looks like it might, this could be a good one. Before you bombard me with PMs, I don't have the pics saved.

Dig harder and you can find the art for the next game too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinsburg, WV
8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

There are 273 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadlool-teaser/page/3?hl=jar155 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.