FB_IMG_1533653937493 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1533653931838 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1533654075537 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1533654094204 (resized).jpg
38689589_10156710406834244_7579544673782333440_o (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
C900E03C-5ED9-4883-B122-4A65F91D9A44 (resized).png

There are 273 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
#51 5 years ago

Did the "F" rating they gave the game stand out to anyone else? Hope it isn't prophetic.

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from HPR:

Worst pinball theme of aaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll time !!!!!!!! What a spectacular nightmare .......

Joking? Worst theme of all time is a big statement

I am not sure I am in on this, even though I am big marvel fan. We'll see....slightly interested though.

#53 5 years ago

I know the official abbreviation will be "DP". Technically, "Deadpool" is one word. The abbreviation should just be "D".

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from HPR:

Worst pinball theme of aaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll time !!!!!!!! What a spectacular nightmare .......

I think you're in the minority on this one. Even if you hate the theme, there are literally DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZENNNNNNNNNNNNNS of themes that are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY worse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Personally, I don't mind the comic-book sourcing, but it still would be nice if they got Ryan Reynolds to do the callouts. When I read the comics now, it's his voice in my head...

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from soapblox:

I know the official abbreviation will be "DP". Technically, "Deadpool" is one word. The abbreviation should just be "D".

Maybe just D? Probably for the best, when I hear DP I don't think pinball

#56 5 years ago

I hope that is a joke because if its not thats the stupidest thing ive ever seen in my life lol.

#57 5 years ago

At least Pinsides reaction to game teasers/announcements never disappoints... Lol

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Maybe just D? Probably for the best, when I hear DP I don't think pinball

Give us the "D" doesn't sound much better

#59 5 years ago

Do you hit the back left ramp by shooting the shot on the right which then curves the ball to the back left ramp?

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

but it still would be nice if they got Ryan Reynolds to do the callouts.

Wouldn't make sense to go with the comics and use Reynolds to do the call outs. I would think a major reason to go with the comics would be to get around the need for movies assets, licensing and voice work from the actors.

#61 5 years ago

I do like the left flipper shot leading up to the ramp. Something different, and we need new and different things in playfield layouts.

#62 5 years ago

If you think about it, no matter what they released next it was going to suck compared to Iron Maiden. Seriously.

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from chad:

I do like the left flipper shot leading up to the ramp. Something different, and we need new and different things in playfield layouts.

reminds me of the black widow shot on Avengers.

is this a JT game? or do we know who designed it yet?

avengers-pro-pinball-playfield (resized).jpgavengers-pro-pinball-playfield (resized).jpg

#64 5 years ago

Thought JT originally , George took over ?

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

If you think about it, no matter what they released next it was going to suck compared to Iron Maiden. Seriously.

I think Stern is brilliant in the way they position games. They know they need to put more into a game like IMDN to get it into the hands of more than just Maiden fans. Gary said it himself, SW could be a box of lights and it would sell.

DP is somewhere in between, IMO.

#66 5 years ago

Pretty sure I heard Gomez on some podcast with funny accents

#67 5 years ago

Anyone whining that this is a terrible teaser does not get Deadpool humor. This is freaking GOLD! As someone above said...I could totally see that bobblehead on DP's dashboard.

#68 5 years ago

Saw this on FB, not sure if its correct?

_facebook_1533314137799001_1533314156282 (resized).jpg_facebook_1533314137799001_1533314156282 (resized).jpg

#69 5 years ago

Any guesses on MSRP or Street prices?

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Saw this on FB, not sure if its correct?
[quoted image]

Pretty sure that is from the Zen Pinball digital game.

#71 5 years ago

Stoked for this, I just hope it shoots well and the voice work doesn't ruin it since RR is also the voice of Deadpool in my head...

Assuming the leaked PF is accurate now, that left flipper loop-to-rear-left-ramp shot looks cool, but I hope it isn't too tight to hit well.

Also, the back left U-turn lanes with spinner looks nice. If you zoom in it looks like hitting the left U entrance will return down and possibly hit a target on the left side of the island with the bobble head - there is an arrow insert pointing at the target.

I see a scoop crammed in there on the left side too, between the ramps. Seems jam packed with stuff...

Oh, and the main left loop would appear to feed into a lifting ramp for a lock mech or something over the shooter lane exit. That'll be a cool, long shot to a lock if so.

I'm curious what the Pro is missing from the leaked image, or what was cut, period.

#72 5 years ago

In before official pricing announced....

184EB5F1-88C8-4411-BD7C-1FFBE6BF5201 (resized).jpeg184EB5F1-88C8-4411-BD7C-1FFBE6BF5201 (resized).jpeg
#73 5 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

So what do we think should they have stuck with the Funko Pop.
[quoted image]

I can see it now on the flyer. The "Super action Funko Pop" is only on the pro while the "Triple spring propelled super action figure" is on the premium and LE.

#74 5 years ago

Damn and this is one game that I thought would be spectacular if themed from the movies and not Comics. Most people I know LOVE the Deadpool movies but have never seen or read a DP comic... this isn't like Spiderman, Batman, Avengers, etc, just about everyone identifies with those comics, DP, IMO, not so much.

The one I really enjoy that is based on the movies is Ironman, love the callouts and integration of the movie into the game (Where do you think you're going??!!").

#75 5 years ago

These teasers are designed to lower expectations and then BOOM they drop the insane full reveal and everybody goes apeshit!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#76 5 years ago

Lol, they're actively trolling us...

... wich is actually awesome, if you think of Deadpool breaking the 4th wall constantly.

#77 5 years ago

if the voice on the teaser is the voice of deadpool what say you pinside?

#78 5 years ago

I don't care what the theme is, I always anxiously await the reveal of any pinball machine. There are so few positive surprises in life the older you get, being able to have nervous excitement over a toy is a pretty cool thing.

#79 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

These teasers are designed to lower expectations and then BOOM they drop the insane full reveal and everybody goes apeshit!

Stern are potentially marketing geniuses, every reveal pinside and every other pinball forum blows up with hundreds of posts containing the words of that very release, give it a couple hours and Deadpool pinball will probably be in the top 10 “Deadpool” google searches.

It’s either genius marketing or pure stupid luck either way it’s working.

#80 5 years ago

Ya classic Pinside and the tough crowd.... man stern is pumping out games for us to enjoy and I for one like the little teaser video... it allows us to talk about something other than speculation for a little bitzzz then they release the super grainy photos... classic stern.. more to talk about. Then no game play video but pricing released and more to talk about... we are constantly talking about thier new realses few a couple weeks... I think its brilliant.

#81 5 years ago

The little teaser is purely Stern officially confirming Deadpool is next, I am excited to see a full reveal and gameplay before passing my initial judgement, but if this is Stern screwing with us that would be awesome

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Stern are potentially marketing geniuses

Stay Tooned!!!

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

do we know the designer on this one yet?

Gomez. The sword ramp is straight out of LotR.

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from chad:

This will be the only thing I will focus on right away on the reveal stream(s). That's a really long path to travel and then to make up a ramp. It looks like the opening before the curve is a little more open than a straight shot, so hopefully it will be forgiving.

#85 5 years ago

I dunno. I view these as more of an "official game announcement", then some informative teaser video.

Bobble toy isn't going to be the main toy/draw, and nothing matters until we get to see and play it for real.

I like the theme. Stern, hands down, consistently crushes it with the best themes.

So, yeah....looking forward to another new pin in the world.

#86 5 years ago

Really anticipating a new Gomez game.

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Damn and this is one game that I thought would be spectacular if themed from the movies and not Comics. Most people I know LOVE the Deadpool movies but have never seen or read a DP comic... this isn't like Spiderman, Batman, Avengers, etc, just about everyone identifies with those comics, DP, IMO, not so much.
The one I really enjoy that is based on the movies is Ironman, love the callouts and integration of the movie into the game (Where do you think you're going??!!").

I am trying to understand how theming it on the comics vs. the movie is a negative. The movies did such a good job adapting the character from the comic that I do not think there will be much confusion with this theme. If Stern called the machine "Deadpool" and based it off of his X-Men Origins Wolverine appearance, then I could see where people would be confused. But movie Deadpool and comics Deadpool are pretty close to 1 to 1, with the added bonus that a machine based on comics Deadpool can use popular assets from other Marvel comics (like Wolverine) without as many licensing headaches.

#88 5 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

I agree. I love the movies, dont get me wrong, but being based on the comic and not the movies is a total bonus creativity wise. Cant wait!

I hope so but I also fear getting X-MEN voice actor callouts like "Look upon me X-MEN for I'm your oldest, deadliest foe"...lol.

#89 5 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Use a dollar store toy to tease a pinball machine. Yikes.

Calm down, hipster.

#90 5 years ago
Quoted from speederice:

I am trying to understand how theming it on the comics vs. the movie is a negative.

I'd always prefer the theme be based on the comics versus the movies, as movies can date themselves much quicker, especially in movie franchises (Spiderman & Batman) that don't know when to call it quits and end up making many movies with many different actors as lead characters. Like now, I'd rather have a comic book based Spiderman instead of having to see Toby Maguire's face on my pinball machine. My apology to Toby Maguire, Toby Maquire's Mom, and all of Toby Maguire's fans on Pinside.

#91 5 years ago

I don't think anyone gets it, this teaser is just tongue in cheek humor. Wait and see the real release, it will boil you away!

#92 5 years ago
Quoted from homebrood:

I don't think anyone gets it, this teaser is just tongue in cheek humor. Wait and see the real release, it will boil you away!

That's way too much rationality for this crowd.

#93 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yes, and the usual insider Pinsiders are saying this is a filler title.

#94 5 years ago
Quoted from homebrood:

Quoted from Sinestro:

That's way too much rationality for this crowd.

Well it can go either way. You can have them being smart asses like the DP character and trolling everyone aboot spring targets, or they could actually be thinking this is really sweet; total toss up.
The spring doll does seem to stand a tad tall from the game.

#95 5 years ago

This one will be fun . I just know it.

#96 5 years ago

teaser was great

#97 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Yes, and the insiders are saying this is a filler title.

I don't buy that. ZY is rumored to be on art. VP of engineering doing the game design. If it was filler, you give it to Joey the intern to design and Skillz, the kid from the local art college to ink it up. If it was originally a JT game, then it's had a detour in the design phase. I don't consider that filler. This theme has a decently long history and some very recent movies in the pop culture arena. I've very curious to see what the (finished) total package looks like.

#98 5 years ago

Love it!

Tongue in check teasers are just lost on people living life with a broomstick up their behind..

#99 5 years ago

Whether this game is great, sucks or is somewhere in the middle has nothing to do with this teaser or the bobble head. I don't understand the logic of voicing completely polarized opinions (especially negative ones) this early? One of the things I really dislike about Pinside...

#100 5 years ago

Trailer is what you would expect from deadpool... well done

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Papillion, NE
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 273 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadlool-teaser/page/2?hl=pinkopf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.