(Topic ID: 297131)

Deadliest Catch, do you like that TV show?

By JohnnyPinball007

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you ever watch Deadliest Catch?”

• I have seen every episode. 12 votes
      32%
    • I have seen a few episodes. 16 votes
      43%
    • I have never watched it. 9 votes
      24%

(37 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider johnnypinball007.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

I have been watching this show since even before season one. (on the tip of my tongue. I just can not remember the name of the show that first featured the crab fishing industry).

I am surprised since we have a Oak Island topic, a Gold Rush topic, and even Skin Walker Ranch that no one has ever started this topic.

This is my 2nd favorite TV show period, I always watch, and I have some of the seasons on DVD also.

(My first favorite TV shows are NFL games).

I like Oak Island, but it gets boring. I like Gold Rush, but they fake a lot of that, I am a excavator operator, and I know some of that is fake.

Anyway, back to Deadliest Catch. It was so sad when Phil Harris died, and then his kids were just lost for a while.

I am glad they are doing better now, and the new Bloodline show that Josh is doing is pretty good also, my girlfriend loves it better than just watching empty crab pot, empty crab pot, full crab pot, full crab pot, etc.

Anyway, I am sure a lot of this is just "made for TV", but a whole lot of it is very real.

There have been so many boats to sink through the years, and so many lives lost, and pretty sure all of that is real.

And man those big waves, and all that ice that you have to pound off with hammers all the time, they can have all that, I just like watching on TV, no way would I ever want to mess with that, even if I could make 50 grand in a few weeks like a lot of times those deckhands make.

We are nearing the end of season 17 now, so this show has been around for a long time.

(and not the confessional, but I confess if done right, I think Deadliest Catch could be a awesome pinball machine).

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

What are the recent can’t miss seasons?

Well, this season, with the virus, really helped all of them to work together, and has been awesome! So season 17.

The older ones when Phil was alive was always awesome, he was very entertaining.

Since then at times it was depressing with his kids kind of lost, while at the same time you got to see Jake, that started out fishing with Sid grow up and running his own boat now.

Some seasons there is a lot of pain, some seasons you see some kids grow up and start taking over a boat as a captain themselves, and some captains drop out due to drugs or whatever.

Whatever season that Phil was not even on the boat because he was sick was really sad. The seasons before that were great.

Hands down season 17 has been the best as far as everyone trying to help each other.

In a different way almost as good as when Phil was alive, and talking about crab farts.

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from Phbooms:

Jake the drug addict thief

He was on the Blood Line show briefly last night.

And yeah, what happened to Edgar?

Also weird seeing Matt on the Saga instead of the Northwestern.

I also like Jonathan the most. When Phil was alive I liked him the best.

I can not stand Steve Harley, but he has been very nice this season.

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinballAir:

I watched until they showed Phil in the hospital and then he died.

That was very sad, Phil was the best.

For years after that the show was not the same, but I kept watching it, and seeing stuff like Jake Anderson as a greenhorn on the Northwestern now captain of his own boat.

In just the last 2 years or so I have really liked the show again. It will never be the same with Phil gone, but for whatever reason I like watching the show, I have never missed a episode, good or bad.

Quoted from redman822:

Jake is still a fricking drug train wreck

I thought the same thing also, until the Blood Line show with Josh and Casey that was on last week after Deadliest Catch went off.

For a few minutes in the show, Josh was at Jakes house, getting him to look at the Hawaii maps, and get his take on what Phil was trying to do, and while Jake did not look good at all, at least he did not seem high at the time.

The poll has 8 votes(mine included), for having seen every episode, so hopefully sometimes the others can chime in also.

I think for reality TV, this show is pretty much as real as it gets.

I also love Gold Rush, but as a heavy equipment operator myself, a lot of that is made for TV when they are acting like they are stuck or something on a excavator, (or either they are actually dumb, which I do not think is the case).

As far as Josh, at first I was disappointed that he involved Casey, and Josh did not just go at it alone like his Dad Phil did.

But now I really like Casey, and I am glad he is there with Josh.

Seems over half of the boats have family that helps and knows how to be a captain also.

Like the Wizard big time, with Keith and Monte.

Northwestern big time, almost everyone on that boat is family it seems like.

Time Bandit. Yeah, just Jonathan now, but in past seasons it was pretty much all family like the Northwestern.

I know I am missing more, but I am tired.

Boats with no family I know of helping:

Saga with Jake Anderson.

Summer Bay with Wild Bill

Southern Wind with Steve Harley Davidson

I really hope this show is always on TV.

The deaths are very sad, but seeing the youth step up and take over is good.

This show is the most real show I know of.

I love the NFL, and sometimes anymore I wonder if some of those games are even real anymore.

For reality TV, Deadliest Catch is as real as it gets as best I can tell.

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

So, what's the catch?

Different types of crab.

#20 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Drug addiction

Yeah, for some of them.

#24 2 years ago

The Deadliest Catch episode tonight was blah, but after it Deadliest Catch Bloodline was good I thought. It even had Jonathan there working his magic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider johnnypinball007.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadliest-catch-do-you-like-that-tv-show?tu=johnnypinball007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.