Topic Stats

• 957 posts
  • 199 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 84 days ago by Gubbin
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Do you prefer more instructional, or more casual game-play when watching a stream?”

• Focused Instructional - [Let us know what you're doing and why!] 100 votes
    23%
  • Casual Instructional - [Keep it fun and educational!] 296 votes
    68%
  • Casual Game-Play - [Just play the dang game!] 38 votes
    9%

(434 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7958 (resized).jpg
IMG_8636 (resized).jpg
IMG_5277 (resized).png
IMG_6171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6131 (resized).jpeg
0592D8A0-9ECA-4F30-93D1-A07DBDD80E8D (resized).jpeg
EF8ADB36-065A-402F-8455-22382A05BFE7.gif
437445e3e4c0b980eb76f549b2acfbb4--dave-grohl-limo.jpg
D3BD2666-F20A-4FF5-B10E-A09169A63A57 (resized).png
20221230_164539_resized (resized).jpg
B5F2B875-708F-4C00-A116-80C2C9D24B03 (resized).jpeg
20181111_102517 (resized).jpg
C1F5FD8A-123B-4726-B7F1-3A805A65A494 (resized).jpeg
C8F255B9-DBCE-406A-B407-04E74D5AA4EB (resized).jpeg
271952C4-EA4D-458A-852A-829992815177 (resized).jpeg
There are 957 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 20.
#401 3 years ago
Quoted from snowy_owl:

Keep maiden. AIQ will be available later.

100% agree unless you're considering an LE. The pro and premium AIQ will be available for years, and if you're still enjoying IMDN then why rush into a purchase before real impressions, reviews, and quality reports have started to roll in? Don't forget what happened to TMNT... Lots of initial hype that fairly quickly faded away after release due to rules and really bad playfield printing...

#402 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’m torn maybe this will help me decide .Keep IMDN or go with AIQ.I still blow at pinball havnt got to the beast yet (damn you right ramp)that might be what’s holding me back .

You can't sell a game until you beat it!
Honestly if a shot is causing you trouble, change how you look at it.
Use art on the playfield instead, and aim at that. I P R O M I S E it will help improve your shot making.

#403 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Use art on the playfield instead, and aim at that. I P R O M I S E it will help improve your shot making.

I love this. Great advice Jack. Do you recommend finding and targeting artwork close to the flipper so that your eye stays on the ball as its traveling down? Or what is your technique?

#404 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

I love this. Great advice Jack. Do you recommend finding and targeting artwork close to the flipper so that your eye stays on the ball as its traveling down? Or what is your technique?

This also changes. Some games I use art AT the flipper, most games I use art halfway up the playfield.

#405 3 years ago

Don't pay attention to all that aiming talk

Just

Be the Ball

#406 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Thanks Jack no I can’t .Im sure I’ll get to play it at the pincade we go to he gets every new stern :)looking forward to wensday bud knock em dead !

#407 3 years ago

Stay frosty

122944CA-B682-4D15-8ED9-A5465ED9EF7A (resized).jpeg122944CA-B682-4D15-8ED9-A5465ED9EF7A (resized).jpeg

#408 3 years ago

This hobby is insane ! I might as well sell my golf clubs I don’t use them anymore lmao !

#409 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Stay frosty
[quoted image]

When I star wearing vests over flannel, you have full permission to flame me. HAHA

#410 3 years ago

Is that Flannel or Gingham?

#411 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Is that Flannel or Gingham?

Thank GOD I don't know the difference.

#412 3 years ago

question, do you think being great at pinball is innate or more due to practice?

#413 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

question, do you think being great at pinball is innate or more due to practice?

I'll say this. I've legit had newbies kick my butt because they are just flailing and I'm aiming for dangerous stuff.
Some people just "Have it" no doubt, but practice takes you past the level of "beginners luck".

#414 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

I'll say this. I've legit had newbies kick my butt because they are just flailing and I'm aiming for dangerous stuff.
Some people just "Have it" no doubt, but practice takes you past the level of "beginners luck".

Well put

#415 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

First time i play a game i just kill it. The next game i start aiming for shit and i just plain stink at it. Then its time to learn the game.

#416 3 years ago

Dead Flip = Happy Internet.

#417 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Dead Flip = Happy Internet.

<3

#418 3 years ago

Hey Jack
Thanks for all that you do for the pinball community. I’ve really been enjoying catching up on a lot of your recent game streams. Which actually got me thinking of a question. Have you ever done a top ten game list? I’ve mostly always owned games from the 80s-90s, but am currently debating buying my first new/newer pin. I’d love to hear how you personally rank your top favorites. With that being said, I completely understand if that’s something you’ve kind of shied away from, as you don’t want to appear as favouring certain game developers over others.

#419 3 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

Hey Jack
Thanks for all that you do for the pinball community. I’ve really been enjoying catching up on a lot of your recent game streams. Which actually got me thinking of a question. Have you ever done a top ten game list? I’ve mostly always owned games from the 80s-90s, but am currently debating buying my first new/newer pin. I’d love to hear how you personally rank your top favorites. With that being said, I completely understand if that’s something you’ve kind of shied away from, as you don’t want to appear as favouring certain game developers over others.

I'd LOVE to do a top ten, but there are a few issues I keep coming across.
#1: My favorite game changes a LOT. haha (Right now its been a fight between Deadpool and Batman 66)
#2: There are still sooo many games I haven't played. The second I'd post that video, people would bombard me with titles I've never seen, and I'd have to make a new vid immediately.

#420 3 years ago

Our Avengers is currently on it's way here this morning!

#421 3 years ago

I was going to ask about your pin ratings. Was curious how your feeling is about R&M which I'm getting next month.

I played R&M and was super fun code, callouts but the shots were not super smooth, how do you feel about the layout/shots on R&M?

I think the shots are (not the best) but that's the way I feel like about BM66 and to be honest TWD but those are not the smoothest but both great.

#422 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Our Avengers is currently on it's way here this morning!

Nice. Hope you are wearing your best Gingham.

#423 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I was going to ask about your pin ratings. Was curious how your feeling is about R&M which I'm getting next month.
I played R&M and was super fun code, callouts but the shots were not super smooth, how do you feel about the layout/shots on R&M?
I think the shots are (not the best) but that's the way I feel like about BM66 and to be honest TWD but those are not the smoothest but both great.

Challenging geometry MAKES a game for me.
For instance, I L O V E Ghostbusters for its flipper gap.
If a game is hard because of code, there's nothing you can do about it.
If a game is hard because of the shots, you can learn to "Play Better"!

#424 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Challenging geometry MAKES a game for me.
For instance, I L O V E Ghostbusters for its flipper gap.
If a game is hard because of code, there's nothing you can do about it.
If a game is hard because of the shots, you can learn to "Play Better"!

that makes sense.

#425 3 years ago

Where is the VOD stream of the Marvel / Deadflip stream? I'm interested in watching it again and can't find it. Thanks

#426 3 years ago
Quoted from xsonics2k2:

Where is the VOD stream of the Marvel / Deadflip stream? I'm interested in watching it again and can't find it. Thanks

Should be on marvels page. Twitch.tv/marvel

#427 3 years ago

I looked and couldn't find it, I'll dig it up from one of the other Avenger / pinside threads where I found it last time. That was a great stream, especially you explaining the different flipper skills which will be helpful for new players. Cheers

#428 3 years ago
Quoted from xsonics2k2:

That was a great stream, especially you explaining the different flipper skills which will be helpful for new players.

For flipper skills check you tube here under PAPApinball Pinball flipperskills
Cheers

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-WQLGFMr97DnxeE1Rmi-wAwa-Vm7D-7i

#429 3 years ago

I also animated a bunch of flipper skills, for quick reference!
https://www.deadflip.com/tutorials

#430 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Nice! Those are great!
I see a few there I need to work on actually.

#431 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

https://www.deadflip.com/tutorials

You even have the older style flippers on the tap pass. Nice attention to detail.

#432 3 years ago

Tune in tonight as we say good bye tow two machines, and welcome one new addition.
Gavin is arriving just as the stream is starting to breakdown BKSOR and Munsters, and dropping off Keith's personal Avengers Infinity Quest (LE/PREM).
I'll get into the game once Gavin says adios!
6pm C.
Twitch.tv/deadflip

#433 3 years ago

MORE AVENGERS TONIGHT!
Front page, so hop in the pit and lets go!

#434 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

MORE AVENGERS TONIGHT!

MOAR! lol

#435 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

MORE AVENGERS TONIGHT!

deadflip (resized).jpgdeadflip (resized).jpg

#436 3 years ago

I’m starting a class action lawsuit against Mr. Jack Danger for showing n00bs how to death save. Ops across the country have been victims long enough! We must strip Mr. Danger of his titles and millions of dollars to make pinball whole again!!!!

#437 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Tune in tonight as we say good bye tow two machines, and welcome one new addition.
Gavin is arriving just as the stream is starting to breakdown BKSOR and Munsters, and dropping off Keith's personal Avengers Infinity Quest (LE/PREM).
I'll get into the game once Gavin says adios!
6pm C.
Twitch.tv/deadflip

deadflipdistracted (resized).jpgdeadflipdistracted (resized).jpg

#439 3 years ago

I meaaaaaaan.....

1 week later
#440 3 years ago

TONGIHT!

120015299_10158890510034244_9171812454335590284_o (resized).jpg120015299_10158890510034244_9171812454335590284_o (resized).jpg
#441 3 years ago

@ Jack : not sure you get this answer too, but asking on the HW streams about which pin(s) detect you've done a death save, LAST ACTION HERO is also on the list

#442 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

@ Jack : not sure you get this answer too, but asking on the HW streams about which pin(s) detect you've done a death save, LAST ACTION HERO is also on the list

OH?
I'll have to check that out!

#443 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Thanks Jack ,I’ve been playing the last dozen or so games just shooting picking different spots on the artwork .Its really working well ! Previous high score was 550 .I’m going to keep at it then start slowing the ball down and play the code .Its starting to come together your tips n streams help a ton ! Keep up the great work brother I’ll be watching

25BBC513-DD19-40BC-B4F4-83D8FF02F816 (resized).jpeg25BBC513-DD19-40BC-B4F4-83D8FF02F816 (resized).jpeg5845EDC6-D124-4E30-B1DB-F917A3657DAB (resized).jpeg5845EDC6-D124-4E30-B1DB-F917A3657DAB (resized).jpeg
#444 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Thanks Jack ,I’ve been playing the last dozen or so games just shooting picking different spots on the artwork .Its really working well ! Previous high score was 550 .I’m going to keep at it then start slowing the ball down and play the code .Its starting to come together your tips n streams help a ton ! Keep up the great work brother I’ll be watching
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yoooo nice work!!

1 week later
#445 3 years ago

Did ya'll check out the video I did with Gomez explaining the Spike 2 system?!
I love this nerd sh*t!

#446 3 years ago

Thanks to DeadFlip and George for doing this. Really good video.

I like how George responded to some of the common concerns around Spike, looking forward to the future videos, especially the repair video. I hope it covers some common things that have gone wrong with node boards and how to address them. The high cost of replacement boards along with a lack of a repair knowledge base are the things that cause me the most anxiety about the system.

#447 3 years ago

Awesome video, awesome editing. Nice work Deadflip - looking forward to a lot more of these!

#448 3 years ago

I really liked that video, also about the loud fan and the explainations. Very cool video. Love too see more.

#449 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Did ya'll check out the video I did with Gomez explaining the Spike 2 system?!
I love this nerd sh*t!

Best video I've seen in awhile! George does a great job offering perspective on how Spike2 system has revolutionized how designers can approach a build. A lot of people seem to complain about the node system as if it were 100% cash grab since Stern is the only source of the boards. While it's true that the system does offer a potential stream of income (and likely cut costs significantly), George really provides a more full understanding of what the system brings to pinall.

#450 3 years ago

Wow, that was a really great video. Very interesting to get an understanding of how the system is put together. Also really great to hear the mindset of continuous improvement that's going into it all. Left me looking forward to more of these videos. Thanks George and Jack!!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

8,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Jackson, MI
€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 139.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 210.00
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
BomberMods

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Prescott, WI
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 18.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

There are 957 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadflip-now-on-pinside/page/9?hl=6point5degrees and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.