80 days ago

Topic Stats

• 439 posts
  • 99 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by DeadFlip
  • Topic is favorited by 54 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you prefer more instructional, or more casual game-play when watching a stream?”

• Focused Instructional - [Let us know what you're doing and why!] 70 votes
      23%
    • Casual Instructional - [Keep it fun and educational!] 202 votes
      68%
    • Casual Game-Play - [Just play the dang game!] 26 votes
      9%

(298 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 59 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

deadflipdistracted (resized).jpg
    deadflip (resized).jpg
    122944CA-B682-4D15-8ED9-A5465ED9EF7A (resized).jpeg
    2020-09-09_12-51-02 (resized).jpg
    118718014_1776046215876523_4912325003981018075_o (resized).jpg
    118639686_1776046162543195_3174901854338423378_o (resized).jpg
    118766539_1776046255876519_8409253526372340866_o (resized).jpg
    Watson-Pro-ANNOUNCEMENT (resized).jpg
    Watson-Prem-LE-ANNOUNCEMENT (resized).jpg
    82387851-C3B6-42FC-8A46-316E6FF5032B (resized).jpeg
    B8519EA9-CBC4-48BA-940D-EB46F58EF23E (resized).jpeg
    417480B0-20A6-43D9-9F01-26304A5564CD (resized).jpeg
    168272B3-5917-4587-B5F0-545AAEE1E8D5 (resized).jpeg
    E19B2E81-702C-487C-BAD6-80CE60078107.jpeg
    F92D910B-B4EF-48B8-AF2D-70D8FFC6103B.jpeg
    JD-wannabe (resized).png

There are 439 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.
    #401 4 days ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

Keep maiden. AIQ will be available later.

100% agree unless you're considering an LE. The pro and premium AIQ will be available for years, and if you're still enjoying IMDN then why rush into a purchase before real impressions, reviews, and quality reports have started to roll in? Don't forget what happened to TMNT... Lots of initial hype that fairly quickly faded away after release due to rules and really bad playfield printing...

#402 4 days ago
    Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’m torn maybe this will help me decide .Keep IMDN or go with AIQ.I still blow at pinball havnt got to the beast yet (damn you right ramp)that might be what’s holding me back .

You can't sell a game until you beat it!
    Honestly if a shot is causing you trouble, change how you look at it.
    Use art on the playfield instead, and aim at that. I P R O M I S E it will help improve your shot making.

#403 4 days ago
    Quoted from DeadFlip:

Use art on the playfield instead, and aim at that. I P R O M I S E it will help improve your shot making.

I love this. Great advice Jack. Do you recommend finding and targeting artwork close to the flipper so that your eye stays on the ball as its traveling down? Or what is your technique?

#404 4 days ago
    Quoted from mcvetyty:

I love this. Great advice Jack. Do you recommend finding and targeting artwork close to the flipper so that your eye stays on the ball as its traveling down? Or what is your technique?

This also changes. Some games I use art AT the flipper, most games I use art halfway up the playfield.

#405 4 days ago

Don't pay attention to all that aiming talk

Just

Be the Ball

#406 4 days ago
    Quoted from DeadFlip:

Thanks Jack no I can’t .Im sure I’ll get to play it at the pincade we go to he gets every new stern :)looking forward to wensday bud knock em dead !

#407 4 days ago

Stay frosty

122944CA-B682-4D15-8ED9-A5465ED9EF7A (resized).jpeg

#408 4 days ago

This hobby is insane ! I might as well sell my golf clubs I don’t use them anymore lmao !

#409 4 days ago
    Quoted from rai:

Stay frosty
    [quoted image]

When I star wearing vests over flannel, you have full permission to flame me. HAHA

#410 4 days ago

Is that Flannel or Gingham?

#411 4 days ago
    Quoted from guitarded:

Is that Flannel or Gingham?

Thank GOD I don't know the difference.

#412 4 days ago

question, do you think being great at pinball is innate or more due to practice?

#413 4 days ago
    Quoted from rai:

question, do you think being great at pinball is innate or more due to practice?

I'll say this. I've legit had newbies kick my butt because they are just flailing and I'm aiming for dangerous stuff.
    Some people just "Have it" no doubt, but practice takes you past the level of "beginners luck".

#414 4 days ago
    Quoted from DeadFlip:

I'll say this. I've legit had newbies kick my butt because they are just flailing and I'm aiming for dangerous stuff.
    Some people just "Have it" no doubt, but practice takes you past the level of "beginners luck".

Well put

#415 4 days ago
    Quoted from DeadFlip:

First time i play a game i just kill it. The next game i start aiming for shit and i just plain stink at it. Then its time to learn the game.

#416 4 days ago

Dead Flip = Happy Internet.

#417 4 days ago
    Quoted from chad:

Dead Flip = Happy Internet.

<3

#418 3 days ago

Hey Jack
    Thanks for all that you do for the pinball community. I’ve really been enjoying catching up on a lot of your recent game streams. Which actually got me thinking of a question. Have you ever done a top ten game list? I’ve mostly always owned games from the 80s-90s, but am currently debating buying my first new/newer pin. I’d love to hear how you personally rank your top favorites. With that being said, I completely understand if that’s something you’ve kind of shied away from, as you don’t want to appear as favouring certain game developers over others.

#419 3 days ago
    Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

Hey Jack
    Thanks for all that you do for the pinball community. I’ve really been enjoying catching up on a lot of your recent game streams. Which actually got me thinking of a question. Have you ever done a top ten game list? I’ve mostly always owned games from the 80s-90s, but am currently debating buying my first new/newer pin. I’d love to hear how you personally rank your top favorites. With that being said, I completely understand if that’s something you’ve kind of shied away from, as you don’t want to appear as favouring certain game developers over others.

I'd LOVE to do a top ten, but there are a few issues I keep coming across.
    #1: My favorite game changes a LOT. haha (Right now its been a fight between Deadpool and Batman 66)
    #2: There are still sooo many games I haven't played. The second I'd post that video, people would bombard me with titles I've never seen, and I'd have to make a new vid immediately.

#420 3 days ago

Our Avengers is currently on it's way here this morning!

#421 3 days ago

I was going to ask about your pin ratings. Was curious how your feeling is about R&M which I'm getting next month.

I played R&M and was super fun code, callouts but the shots were not super smooth, how do you feel about the layout/shots on R&M?

I think the shots are (not the best) but that's the way I feel like about BM66 and to be honest TWD but those are not the smoothest but both great.

#422 3 days ago
    Quoted from DeadFlip:

Our Avengers is currently on it's way here this morning!

Nice. Hope you are wearing your best Gingham.

#423 3 days ago
    Quoted from rai:

I was going to ask about your pin ratings. Was curious how your feeling is about R&M which I'm getting next month.
    I played R&M and was super fun code, callouts but the shots were not super smooth, how do you feel about the layout/shots on R&M?
    I think the shots are (not the best) but that's the way I feel like about BM66 and to be honest TWD but those are not the smoothest but both great.

Challenging geometry MAKES a game for me.
    For instance, I L O V E Ghostbusters for its flipper gap.
    If a game is hard because of code, there's nothing you can do about it.
    If a game is hard because of the shots, you can learn to "Play Better"!

#424 3 days ago
    Quoted from DeadFlip:

Challenging geometry MAKES a game for me.
    For instance, I L O V E Ghostbusters for its flipper gap.
    If a game is hard because of code, there's nothing you can do about it.
    If a game is hard because of the shots, you can learn to "Play Better"!

that makes sense.

#425 3 days ago

Where is the VOD stream of the Marvel / Deadflip stream? I'm interested in watching it again and can't find it. Thanks

#426 3 days ago
    Quoted from xsonics2k2:

Where is the VOD stream of the Marvel / Deadflip stream? I'm interested in watching it again and can't find it. Thanks

Should be on marvels page. Twitch.tv/marvel

#427 3 days ago

I looked and couldn't find it, I'll dig it up from one of the other Avenger / pinside threads where I found it last time. That was a great stream, especially you explaining the different flipper skills which will be helpful for new players. Cheers

#428 3 days ago
    Quoted from xsonics2k2:

That was a great stream, especially you explaining the different flipper skills which will be helpful for new players.

For flipper skills check you tube here under PAPApinball Pinball flipperskills
    Cheers

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-WQLGFMr97DnxeE1Rmi-wAwa-Vm7D-7i

#429 3 days ago

I also animated a bunch of flipper skills, for quick reference!
    https://www.deadflip.com/tutorials

#430 3 days ago
    Quoted from DeadFlip:

Nice! Those are great!
    I see a few there I need to work on actually.

#431 3 days ago
    Quoted from DeadFlip:

https://www.deadflip.com/tutorials

You even have the older style flippers on the tap pass. Nice attention to detail.

#432 3 days ago

Tune in tonight as we say good bye tow two machines, and welcome one new addition.
    Gavin is arriving just as the stream is starting to breakdown BKSOR and Munsters, and dropping off Keith's personal Avengers Infinity Quest (LE/PREM).
    I'll get into the game once Gavin says adios!
    6pm C.
    Twitch.tv/deadflip

#433 2 days ago

MORE AVENGERS TONIGHT!
    Front page, so hop in the pit and lets go!

#434 2 days ago
    Quoted from DeadFlip:

MORE AVENGERS TONIGHT!

MOAR! lol

#435 2 days ago
    Quoted from DeadFlip:

MORE AVENGERS TONIGHT!

deadflip (resized).jpg

#436 2 days ago

I’m starting a class action lawsuit against Mr. Jack Danger for showing n00bs how to death save. Ops across the country have been victims long enough! We must strip Mr. Danger of his titles and millions of dollars to make pinball whole again!!!!

#437 2 days ago
    Quoted from DeadFlip:

Tune in tonight as we say good bye tow two machines, and welcome one new addition.
    Gavin is arriving just as the stream is starting to breakdown BKSOR and Munsters, and dropping off Keith's personal Avengers Infinity Quest (LE/PREM).
    I'll get into the game once Gavin says adios!
    6pm C.
    Twitch.tv/deadflip

deadflipdistracted (resized).jpg

#439 2 days ago

I meaaaaaaan.....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 125.00
    $ 209.99
    $ 750.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Great American Pinball
    $ 24.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Plastics
    Ramp-O-Matic
    $ 3.50
    Various Other Swag
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Various Novelties
    GC Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 1,099.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 64.00
    $ 54.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 144.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    The MOD Couple
    $ 110.00
    Boards
    AMCO
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Other
    Filament Printing
    There are 439 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside