Topic Stats

• 957 posts
  • 199 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 56 days ago by Gubbin
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Do you prefer more instructional, or more casual game-play when watching a stream?”

• Focused Instructional - [Let us know what you're doing and why!] 100 votes
    23%
  • Casual Instructional - [Keep it fun and educational!] 296 votes
    68%
  • Casual Game-Play - [Just play the dang game!] 38 votes
    9%

(434 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7958 (resized).jpg
IMG_8636 (resized).jpg
IMG_5277 (resized).png
IMG_6171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6131 (resized).jpeg
0592D8A0-9ECA-4F30-93D1-A07DBDD80E8D (resized).jpeg
EF8ADB36-065A-402F-8455-22382A05BFE7.gif
437445e3e4c0b980eb76f549b2acfbb4--dave-grohl-limo.jpg
D3BD2666-F20A-4FF5-B10E-A09169A63A57 (resized).png
20221230_164539_resized (resized).jpg
B5F2B875-708F-4C00-A116-80C2C9D24B03 (resized).jpeg
20181111_102517 (resized).jpg
C1F5FD8A-123B-4726-B7F1-3A805A65A494 (resized).jpeg
C8F255B9-DBCE-406A-B407-04E74D5AA4EB (resized).jpeg
271952C4-EA4D-458A-852A-829992815177 (resized).jpeg

There are 957 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 20.
#51 3 years ago

Love the casual instructional gameplay.

Would also like to see you play against the design and code guys, Lyman, Borg, Keith, Bowens etc.

#52 3 years ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

Quality stuff dude.

I always thought you and I could do a decent podcast. Then I think about how I just mumble and say fuck 100 times a minute and you don't talk much, and I think maybe it isnt such a good idea.

#53 3 years ago

Jack, I usually never watch streams from anyone, I just don’t have that kind of free time. Whenever I’m scanning YouTube for videos of pins I want to buy, your lovely face is usually one of the first few hits. You are by far the most entertaining, funniest, and damn good players I’ve ever watched. On one of your SW videos you were playing the entire Blink 182 Dude Ranch album and you hooked me. Blink is my all time favorite band and the way you handled the haters that night was epic. Keep being you, never change and I’ll keep watching and supporting!

#54 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Yooo Antron! Thanks for tuning in! Sorry for all the swearing. lol

No problem brother. I was born on a carnival so I swear like a sailor. All good

#55 3 years ago

Flippers and butts!

#56 3 years ago

When does the merch drop? I need some new shirts.

#57 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I always thought you and I could do a decent podcast.

What the??? I was thinking the same thing. Hmmmmm. Just gotta sneak across the border and back.

#58 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Jack, I usually never watch streams from anyone, I just don’t have that kind of free time. Whenever I’m scanning YouTube for videos of pins I want to buy, your lovely face is usually one of the first few hits. You are by far the most entertaining, funniest, and damn good players I’ve ever watched. On one of your SW videos you were playing the entire Blink 182 Dude Ranch album and you hooked me. Blink is my all time favorite band and the way you handled the haters that night was epic. Keep being you, never change and I’ll keep watching and supporting!

Haha I LOVE that album!!!
Thanks for watching this crap. Haha

#59 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Love the casual instructional gameplay.
Would also like to see you play against the design and code guys, Lyman, Borg, Keith, Bowens etc.

I LOOOOOVE playing against the design/Dev team!!!
I'll try to make this happen again soon!

#60 3 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

When does the merch drop? I need some new shirts.

SOON™
<3

#61 3 years ago

FRICK Turtles is so good.
I'll be taking our best game of the night and putting it on YT.
If you missed tonight's stream:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/666362652

#62 3 years ago

Always enjoy watching your content, though I will say that I am frequently unable to watch it on Twitch, but watch almost everything you move over to Youtube. So my only feedback would be to move more stuff to Youtube. Otherwise, keep doing what your doing.

#63 3 years ago
Quoted from daley:

Always enjoy watching your content, though I will say that I am frequently unable to watch it on Twitch, but watch almost everything you move over to Youtube. So my only feedback would be to move more stuff to Youtube. Otherwise, keep doing what your doing.

I hear ya on the YT front.
I'm trying to take my best game of the night and put it up there, instead of a full 3-5 hour stream... unless you WANT the full broadcast. :O

#64 3 years ago

I still watch on twitch, just can’t watch in realtime

Quoted from daley:

#65 3 years ago

Please drop a warning in here before you do a Fish Tales stream.

I plan on watching that one (and counting your restarts).

#66 3 years ago

Big fan of what you do Jack. Really liked watching the custom game development. Any more info on that? I remember reading a post saying you’d make plans for all.

#67 3 years ago

Hey Jack, great job with the recent streams, they are always super entertaining.

Hate to put you on the spot, but here's the million $$ question: I have 6k burning a hole in my pocket, what do I buy? TMNT Pro or Hot Wheels??

#68 3 years ago

I think you know the answer given all his streams lately haha

Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Hey Jack, great job with the recent streams, they are always super entertaining.
Hate to put you on the spot, but here's the million $$ question: I have 6k burning a hole in my pocket, what do I buy? TMNT Pro or Hot Wheels??

#69 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Please drop a warning in here before you do a Fish Tales stream.
I plan on watching that one (and counting your restarts).

Gavin is dropping off a Fish Tales soon!!

#70 3 years ago
Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

Big fan of what you do Jack. Really liked watching the custom game development. Any more info on that? I remember reading a post saying you’d make plans for all.

Yeah! The game is... in a secret limbo atm.
The “How To” got screwed a bit because a lot of the software we used in development WAS free at the time and is no longer, so a huge chunk of our footage is bunk.
Still working on animations, but the code is done!

#71 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

TMNT or Hotwheels?!
Yes.

#72 3 years ago

DeadFlip I didn't get to watch all of the TMNT unboxing. Did you get a reply to your text concerning the not so smooth spinning pizza disc?

#73 3 years ago

Fish Tales can be an ass kicker for sure !

#74 3 years ago

I always thought Deadflip was Jack Dangers nickname.

#75 3 years ago

Usually, the causal fun with some light instruction is nice, but I do enjoy the occasional deep dive into a particularly important part of a game. Totally see how it can kill the vibe, but when you get rolling on something that you know, it's nice to be able to understand why you're doing it.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#76 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Gavin is dropping off a Fish Tales soon!!

I'm going to save this thred as a favourite and I will eagerly await you streaming Fish Tales .
Go for everything , for a big score . Don't fall for the center ramps and monster fish routine .

#77 3 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Fish Tales can be an ass kicker for sure !

That’s why I love it!!

#78 3 years ago
Quoted from kh39540:

deadflip I didn't get to watch all of the TMNT unboxing. Did you get a reply to your text concerning the not so smooth spinning pizza disc?

It ain’t doing it anymore, but they are looking into it. Again the games I get are usually proto or display games, my guess is my magnet was loose.

#79 3 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

I always thought Deadflip was Jack Dangers nickname.

You can certainly call me DeadFlip. That’s what everyone at twitch HQ, and gaming conventions calls me. <3

#80 3 years ago

I would like to see at the beginning of a stream a close-up overview of the shots , mechs and features of the game . Some people haven't seen the game in real life and it can be hard to tell what's going on with the above view even on a big TV .

#81 3 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

Usually, the causal fun with some light instruction is nice, but I do enjoy the occasional deep dive into a particularly important part of a game. Totally see how it can kill the vibe, but when you get rolling on something that you know, it's nice to be able to understand why you're doing it.

A game where I’ll bounce in and out of casual/focused explanations is Batman 66. That game is like, Pinballs first “choose your own adventure” game. Haha

#82 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I would like to see at the beginning of a stream a close-up overview of the shots , mechs and features of the game . Some people haven't seen the game in real life and it can be hard to tell what's going on with the above view even on a big TV .

I think that’s fair, and something that could easily be done the first 5 minutes of the stream!

#83 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

I think that’s fair, and something that could easily be done the first 5 minutes of the stream!

I can understand it would be a pain in the ass to move a camera but I think it would be really good , to have a good look at a machine , before you go start a game . So you can better understand what's going on .

#84 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCanadianGuy:

I like to tune in on your streams because you’re so damn funny.Looking

Just checking in to second what TheCanadianGuy said.

Kidding aside, love the stream, I never really Twitch’d before finding your show, thanks for doing what you do!

#85 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I can understand it would be a pain in the ass to move a camera but I think it would be really good , to have a good look at a machine , before you go start a game . So you can better understand what's going on .

I have a free-roaming camera hooked up at all times so that’s no change to the setup!

#86 3 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Just checking in to second what thecanadianguy said.
Kidding aside, love the stream, I never really Twitch’d before finding your show, thanks for doing what you do!

I mean... my mom says I’m handsome.

Thanks for watching when you can! \o/

#87 3 years ago

I do enjoy your streams , especially the new games but my favourite video of yours is at the Texas pinball festival a few years ago and just seeing the different lunch trucks they had it out the front . We don't get anything that big where I am .

#89 3 years ago

I noticed that flow in your stream last night and was like "WOW". Looks fun as hell. It's gonna end up on my must buy list. I've told you before you need a commission on games sold due to appearing fun AF in your streams .

#90 3 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I noticed that flow in your stream last night and was like "WOW". Looks fun as hell. It's gonna end up on my must buy list. I've told you before you need a commission on games sold due to appearing fun AF in your streams .

Haha I'd love a commission, but that would for sure sway what I say about games.
I'm good just playing them.

#91 3 years ago

Jack - I like your page that shows your streaming equipment. Is it still up to date or have you refreshed a lot of your hardware?

Been a supporter on and off for a while, tough to find the time to tune in live sadly.

#92 3 years ago
Quoted from alexmogil:

Jack - I like your page that shows your streaming equipment. Is it still up to date or have you refreshed a lot of your hardware?
Been a supporter on and off for a while, tough to find the time to tune in live sadly.

I FOR SURE need to update it with my current setup.
Thanks for the reminder!

#93 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

It's all about availability.
When we were able to leave the studio, we streamed a much bigger mixed bag.
There is also the case of quantity. Stern puts out a lot of machines.
I'm happy to stream it all, I just need to have it here in the studio at the moment!
Talking to AP about snagging a Hot wheels soon, and JJP and I have spoken about borrowing a Wonka for a bit!
Fun fact, I got started in this hobby doing work for JJP. (Wicked Witch animations, and I designed the back-end menu system they still use today!)

Best menu system out there! Thank you

#94 3 years ago
Quoted from davisjl1979:

Best menu system out there! Thank you

<3 <3 <3

#95 3 years ago

Any teasers from that deeproot phone call?

#96 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Fun fact, I got started in this hobby doing work for JJP. (Wicked Witch animations, and I designed the back-end menu system they still use today!)

Wow, I never would have guessed that was your pinball origin story!

Were you into pinball before this?

Thank's for all the entertainment and positivity over the years. And thank you for helping make that menu system. It set such a standard that I had assumed other players would have caught up in a few years. When I am wrong, I am wrong I guess (I have not seen all the other manufacturers, but if someone is saying it is still the best in the business I believe them!).

#97 3 years ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

Any teasers from that deeproot phone call?

I sure hope Deep Root wants to make some magic together soon!

#98 3 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Wow, I never would have guessed that was your pinball origin story!
Were you into pinball before this?
Thank's for all the entertainment and positivity over the years. And thank you for helping make that menu system. It set such a standard that I had assumed other players would have caught up in a few years. When I am wrong, I am wrong I guess (I have not seen all the other manufacturers, but if someone is saying it is still the best in the business I believe them!).

When I got into pinball (roughly 8 years ago) I dove in head first trying to do anything I could in the hobby.
I owned an animation studio at the time in the west loop of Chicago, and got connected with JJP for their debut game!
We also were in the first few meetings for (what became) Dialed in.

50670663_1268974526583697_4264835858445631488_n (resized).jpg50670663_1268974526583697_4264835858445631488_n (resized).jpg
#99 3 years ago

Can we get an option for more “My Dick” songs?

#100 3 years ago

XMN.pro or TMNT.pro. Regarding playfield flow, which one is the faster Borg design in your view. Thanks.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Helena, AL
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Slipstream Mod Shop
Other
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
6,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Goodrich, MI
$ 139.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Wentzville, MO
$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball
Various other swag
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods
Other
$ 54.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
There are 957 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadflip-now-on-pinside/page/2?hl=damoib and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.